Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

NBA 2K14 Producer Erick Boenisch (AKA SimBaller), has confirmed classic teams will return to NBA 2K14 (post #200). More details will be revealed at a later date. Some of you may have already been aware of the news, but for those that were not, you can calm down.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 RayRay34 @ 08/22/13 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Easy
While we're on the topic, does anyone know if I can still purchase the DLC for 2k12? I still have 2k12 sitting on my shelf; honestly I never got to fully enjoy Sellaz Super 80 roster, nor any of PB's work.

For whatever reason, I didn't purchase the DLC, and I find that almost 2 years later I'm kicking myself because I missed out on the ultimate batch of retro fun..
You should go find a copy of the Game of the Year edition at Best Buy. Truly get to experience authentic rosters as they fixed the earlier 90's sonics jerseys glitch and the New Jersey nets uni's that were messed upon the DLC.

# 122 gausec @ 08/22/13 09:21 AM
I've enjoyed the classics and love the change of pace they bring but had it not been in it wouldn't have been a big deal too me. To an extent all the teams are the same and 12-13 have solid opitions for me I could always go back to them when I need the change. I would like to see something like the Jordan challenge again that was the best game mode I've ever felt.

# 123 B Easy @ 08/22/13 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay34
You should go find a copy of the Game of the Year edition at Best Buy. Truly get to experience authentic rosters as they fixed the earlier 90's sonics jerseys glitch and the New Jersey nets uni's that were messed upon the DLC.
Found it for $39.99 on Best Buy's website... Will have to debate if it's worth it!

# 124 VDusen04 @ 08/22/13 09:31 AM
Quote:
Thanks for the critique! In some aspect you are right I did the best with what I have. But also in my defense you can look at everyone of my rosters posts and I always asked everyone if the wanted the roster released as is or if they wanted to wait for me to put the little finishing touches on it (gear, sig shots, et) and the resounding answer always was no release it now. Is my CAP work as good as PB's...Hell No, he was the man with CAPs but I agree that my attention to detail should have been a little better before I released them to satisfy the pickier players, like yourself, and me as well.

I'm glad to see classics are back, for the people that did like my rosters, even the earlier ones, thanks and I look forward to playing some classic ball once again on 2k14 on the PS4. At lease I hope classic teams make it to next gen..... That is the only reason I buy 2k is for the classic teams
Good stuff, Ray. The manner with which you handle minor criticism is commendable. And besides, as I said, I think my weariness had more to do with 2K13 itself than your actual roster. Looks like 2K won this round (of squashing classic gamer's hopes and dreams).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gausec
I would like to see something like the Jordan challenge again that was the best game mode I've ever felt.
Truth. That was expertly executed. The challenges, the atmosphere, the commentary, the signature animations (shoulder shrug)... everything was sublime. It's one of the best things NBA 2K has ever pulled off. Their 2K12 Greatest Mode wasn't too far behind (eclipsing 2K11 with their retro accuracy and incredible era-specific filters). It was about as NBA as an NBA game could get and it was unfortunate to see it tossed upon the back burner.

# 125 daveberg @ 08/22/13 09:36 AM
Quote:
Thanks for the critique! In some aspect you are right I did the best with what I have. But also in my defense you can look at everyone of my rosters posts and I always asked everyone if the wanted the roster released as is or if they wanted to wait for me to put the little finishing touches on it (gear, sig shots, et) and the resounding answer always was no release it now. Is my CAP work as good as PB's...Hell No, he was the man with CAPs but I agree that my attention to detail should have been a little better before I released them to satisfy the pickier players, like yourself, and me as well.

I'm glad to see classics are back, for the people that did like my rosters, even the earlier ones, thanks and I look forward to playing some classic ball once again on 2k14 on the PS4. At lease I hope classic teams make it to next gen..... That is the only reason I buy 2k is for the classic teams
Rayray - I love your super 80 roster - I haven't put it down since I downloaded it. I'm in the middle of editing gear and tendencies/dunk packages etc - it's fantastic. So many great teams featured.

# 126 RayRay34 @ 08/22/13 10:06 AM
VD, unlike you I was unsuccessful in going back to 2k12. I think the game was the best for retro sets but I felt that the controls on 13 were so good that no matter how many times I tried I couldn't bring myself to like the isomotion controls. If 2k12 would have had 2k13 controls I would have never bought another basketball game again. This gen at least.

# 127 GJC1213 @ 08/22/13 10:13 AM
I had major concerns about the inclusion of classic teams in 2k14 and am happy to see they are in. I know some people took one of my recent posts about holding off on buying unless they were in the wrong way, but I am certainly man enough to admit I was premature in my comments. This is great news for the next gen. I just hope 2k doesn't handcuff the amazing roster creators we have here again.

I for one thought RAYRAY's efforts were outstanding considering the limitations in 2k13. I agree that 2k12 rosters, PBs in particular, were in a class of their own. The super 80 was a great roster though, all things considered. I still play a game here and there and just go through the rosters prior to the game and make edits. Would love to try out the seasons he made this year but unfortunately, I am without a home pc these days. Any chance they come to 2kshare?

# 128 AirJordanFan93 @ 08/22/13 10:22 AM
Hope they added new teams this year. I find it unlikely due to the inclusion of the euro league but I'd like to see some new teams rather than the 2K12 teams with notable missing players such as Erving,Kareem and Webber.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

# 129 VDusen04 @ 08/23/13 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJordanFan93
Hope they added new teams this year. I find it unlikely due to the inclusion of the euro league but I'd like to see some new teams rather than the 2K12 teams with notable missing players such as Erving,Kareem and Webber.
I'm with you. It feels like, if 14 Euro-teams can be thrown together, maybe it wouldn't be so tough to add some new classics, even if those teams are largely made up of players already in the game.

# 130 Saviour @ 08/23/13 01:25 PM
If i can get the 1999-2000 Knicks i will be EXTREMELY happy. Sprewell, Houston, LJ, Ewing, Camby....oh my!!

# 131 VDusen04 @ 08/23/13 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saviour
If i can get the 1999-2000 Knicks i will be EXTREMELY happy. Sprewell, Houston, LJ, Ewing, Camby....oh my!!
Though the teams were virtually identical, I always preferred the '99 squad for their improbable Finals run sans Ewing. I liked the enigmatic Marcus Camby getting the most run up front.

# 132 23 @ 08/23/13 06:14 PM
I'm playing both the 99 2000 season and the 93 season on pc

For me it just takes the game over the top. There has to be a way to do it

Galaxy Note 2

# 133 daren420c @ 08/23/13 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
Next Gen Michael Jordan is all I care about.
This, I really hope Air Jordan signed back on because it's just not the same without him.

Our great modding community will of course make it happen on PC even if his likeness isn't renewed, but next gen Michael Jordan would be so incredible.

# 134 Sellaz32 @ 08/23/13 07:43 PM
I am relieved the classic teams will be returning...but I am skeptical they will add any more depth to them. I would be happy if they simply brought back more of the retro jerseys from 12. I am totally in the dark on why only certain ones are available. As far as retro rosters go from 2k13 the real question is one of priorities. For some having an actual jersey or cyberface of a legend without black arms is more important. For others having higher quality gameplay is key. Guys such as RayRay and myself who HAVE created retro rosters for 13 have done the best they could given options available. (Hate they took all those Sonics and Nets Jerseys)

Also...There is no denying the quality of PortlandBlazer's CAPs. In case some of you were unaware...there ARE rosters out there for 2k13 with exact duplicate CAPs (transferred from Reditor) from PB's rosters on 2k12. (I discovered a method which is detailed in my blog so I could transfer all the work I did on 2k12) I know LaRoche360 did a '96 and '97 season roster that included PB's caps. My 1987 roster and soon to be released Golden Age roster also use a good bit of his accessory and CAP work.

I know VDusen has mentioned this numerous times and I wholeheartedly agree...that it doesn't APPEAR to be that much extra work to provide other interesting retro teams that would include players they already have permission to use such as the 2000 Raptors. At any rate...it would be GREAT if they just brought everything back including DLC players. Not holding my breath though...

# 135 23 @ 08/23/13 09:36 PM
Sellaz I never got into that whole save and rehash thing. It's so much trouble to go through when I can just dl drag and drop on pc with all kinds of mods and authentic stuff

Galaxy Note 2

# 136 Sellaz32 @ 08/23/13 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Sellaz I never got into that whole save and rehash thing. It's so much trouble to go through when I can just dl drag and drop on pc with all kinds of mods and authentic stuff

Galaxy Note 2
Oh I get that...I toyed around with moving to PC last year...I think I would feel better if I just stayed ignorant of all the great PC mod options...lol

# 137 VDusen04 @ 08/24/13 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellaz32
I am relieved the classic teams will be returning...but I am skeptical they will add any more depth to them. I would be happy if they simply brought back more of the retro jerseys from 12. I am totally in the dark on why only certain ones are available. As far as retro rosters go from 2k13 the real question is one of priorities. For some having an actual jersey or cyberface of a legend without black arms is more important. For others having higher quality gameplay is key. Guys such as RayRay and myself who HAVE created retro rosters for 13 have done the best they could given options available. (Hate they took all those Sonics and Nets Jerseys)

Also...There is no denying the quality of PortlandBlazer's CAPs. In case some of you were unaware...there ARE rosters out there for 2k13 with exact duplicate CAPs (transferred from Reditor) from PB's rosters on 2k12. (I discovered a method which is detailed in my blog so I could transfer all the work I did on 2k12) I know LaRoche360 did a '96 and '97 season roster that included PB's caps. My 1987 roster and soon to be released Golden Age roster also use a good bit of his accessory and CAP work.

I know VDusen has mentioned this numerous times and I wholeheartedly agree...that it doesn't APPEAR to be that much extra work to provide other interesting retro teams that would include players they already have permission to use such as the 2000 Raptors. At any rate...it would be GREAT if they just brought everything back including DLC players. Not holding my breath though...
It looks as if we have the same train of thought. I'm pulling at least for some small additions to help the cause.

# 138 23 @ 08/24/13 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellaz32
Oh I get that...I toyed around with moving to PC last year...I think I would feel better if I just stayed ignorant of all the great PC mod options...lol

That said if I were able to get that great stuff on the console I wouldn't have gone PC though at the time. That was just the last straw because the default rosters just blow.

# 139 DJ @ 08/25/13 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

Galaxy Note 2
Yeah that is annoying, especially when I just use my iPad when I'm home. I have a laptop, but don't feel like installing all those programs just to get a roster file.

# 140 DJ @ 08/25/13 01:03 PM
Quote:
VD, unlike you I was unsuccessful in going back to 2k12. I think the game was the best for retro sets but I felt that the controls on 13 were so good that no matter how many times I tried I couldn't bring myself to like the isomotion controls. If 2k12 would have had 2k13 controls I would have never bought another basketball game again. This gen at least.
Agreed on the controls, Ray Ray.

Can I download your rosters from 2K Share or are they offline links only?

JD@OS has what looks to be an amazing classic set for PS3 users.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...l-version.html

I have both systems, so I am going to pick up 2K13 for the PS3 and check that roster out.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.