Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports has posted a new NBA 2K14 trailer featuring Euroleague basketball. Below is the list of teams, in case you missed them, as well as a Q&A session with the team, right here.
  • Alba Berlin
  • FC Barcelona
  • Real Madrid
  • CSKA Moscow
  • EA7 Emporio Armani Milano
  • Montepaschi Siena
  • Fenerbahçe Ülker Istanbul
  • Anadolu Efes Istanbul
  • Olympiacos Piraeus
  • Panathinaikos Athens
  • Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv
  • Zalgiris Kaunas
  • Unicaja Málaga
  • Laboral Kutxa Vitoria
NBA 2K14 will be available on PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 on October 4th.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 The 24th Letter @ 08/21/13 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
For fans of European basketball, I could probably better understand their displeasure with the dunks in this trailer. At least in NBA flash trailers, we know a lot of the jams featured are being completed by Blake Griffin, Shawn Kemp, Paul George, LeBron James - guys who can feasibly pull that stuff off. I don't know a ton about EuroLeague, but from what others have said (alongside my own inclinations), a lot of the dunks seem to be a little much coming from some of those guys.
If the players dunking in this trailer are comparable to say, Steve Nash dunking, I can understand that...just seems odd that 2k would do something like that if that's the case, as they've never done it with any of their other trailers...

# 42 nip83 @ 08/21/13 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
My apologies, my intent was not to say they weren't capable of dunking and whatnot. I was just trying to say the manner with which they were pulling certain dunks off seemed out of place for the reasons you mentioned (court dimensions, tight zone, etc.).

I think I'd actually see some merit to the Euro teams is there was something real and substantial behind them (authentic Euro play, crowds, arenas, atmosphere, tourney) but if it's just normal quick games with Euro skin versions of the basketball, jersey, and courts, it feels a little generic.
No need for apologies,we agree in the first place in respect to dunking and highlights.

In the videos from gamescom it looks like Euro teams with the normal quick gameplay.
Same old commentary(it looks as if few lines have been replaced),nba arena sounds,no euro feel at all...

Pretty disappointing but hey, it's better than nothing...

# 43 MrBigShot1 @ 08/21/13 11:58 AM
This just seems like a waste of disc space as an addition. I don't think the euroleague teams will be used anymore than the single season feature was.

The best thing I took from this video is that LeBron's shot looks spot on.

# 44 VDusen04 @ 08/21/13 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
I know what your saying. It isn't a smooth sound, but a more swift, to the point type of sound. Dunking the ball in 2k currently sounds like a lingering explosion.
I've always wondered where their dunking sound effects came from. Did they record the audio from directly atop a high school rim? It's always sounded way too clunky, loud, and abrasive. Like something's being crunched. It honestly takes away from the feel of a great dunk at times.

Also, while on the topic, I wish there was a better differentiation of dunk noises. I get the idea behind their crunching noise on a dunk that breaks the rim away. I don't like it, but I get the idea. I don't get the idea on that sound coming on one-handed dunks with no rim breaking away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
If the players dunking in this trailer are comparable to say, Steve Nash dunking, I can understand that...just seems odd that 2k would do something like that if that's the case, as they've never done it with any of their other trailers...
Yeah, I don't have a big issue really. It just stuck out a little bit. I've always enjoyed the NBA 2K trailers (for NBA), dunks and all. I thought/hoped even the trailer for Euro ball would be more than graphical skins over guys all doing incredible, high end run-and-gun monster dunks. I get the angle being wild dunks for NBA play. It doesn't seem as sensible for Euro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigShot1
This just seems like a waste of disc space as an addition. I don't think the euroleague teams will be used anymore than the single season feature was.
Yes, they kind of feel like the Dream Team additions from last year at this point. Graphically, they're new teams. But in terms of actual immersion (aforementioned atmosphere, play styles, a reason to use them - season, Association, etc.) at this point there doesn't seem to be much there.

# 45 cthurt @ 08/21/13 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigShot1

The best thing I took from this video is that LeBron's shot looks spot on.
This was my biggest issue with 2k13 just alot of eye catching features or with no substance. Its the USA teams from last year all over again.

# 46 Gramps91 @ 08/21/13 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
This was my biggest issue with 2k13 just alot of eye catching features or with no substance. Its the USA teams from last year all over again.
yep I kinda feel the same way.

# 47 bobo32 @ 08/21/13 12:31 PM
All euroleague teams 2012/13 season rosters(((

# 48 Gstate_510 @ 08/21/13 12:51 PM
Can't wait for some next gen gameplay

# 49 Toaster @ 08/21/13 12:52 PM
Yeah. pretty underwhelming in general.
I don't understand why you would market Euro teams with such an "American\NBA" trailer. All the dunks are way, way out of character and judging from the gamescom videos there is nothing euro to these teams other then the players themselves .

Really agree with previous posters comparing this to the dream team in 2K13. a shame really...

# 50 PepsiRacer4 @ 08/21/13 12:55 PM
This caught my eye and I can't remember if it's in 2k13 or not, but the Heat had black socks with everything else black. I think in 2k13 they still had white socks on their away uniforms so maybe there was some improvements now for possibly having home/away accessories.

# 51 yaboythecib @ 08/21/13 04:02 PM
i will never understand take two...why would u add euroleague teams but not give us a mode a better reason then quick games to use them....i find that bull****/ half *** and lame..... A Euro League tournament or Fiba World Tournament.... or something that will entertain the gamer..... But Just having the team but no real purpose 4 them is Stupid....

# 52 8and9 @ 08/21/13 06:11 PM
So many alley oop clips but no contested ones. Hope they nerfed it down.

# 53 Eman5805 @ 08/21/13 06:52 PM
To the people complaining about the dunks and differences in Euro ball. The day someone can make a sizzle reel of teams playing suffocating zone defense and patently below the rim plays, I'll give you my Crown Vic.

You know, if you want it, I mean.

# 54 KyotoCarl @ 08/21/13 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8and9
So many alley oop clips but no contested ones. Hope they nerfed it down.
That's not even a problem in 2K13 so why are you worried about it?

Sent using Tap a Talk

# 55 8and9 @ 08/21/13 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
That's not even a problem in 2K13 so why are you worried about it?

Sent using Tap a Talk
Yes it is..

You have Forwards that aren't known throwing oops with guards and you can't do a thing about it. Oops are terrible in 2K13, but I won't turn this thread into another 2K13 flaw thread.

# 56 KyotoCarl @ 08/21/13 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8and9
Yes it is..
It's not really a problem, gameplay wise. It happens sometimes and it's not always reasonable but it's not game killing problem.

Sent using Tap a Talk

# 57 OkayC @ 08/21/13 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
It's not really a problem, gameplay wise. It happens sometimes and it's not always reasonable but it's not game killing problem.

Sent using Tap a Talk
You've obviously never faced denver, nyk, or miami LOL

# 58 KyotoCarl @ 08/21/13 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkayC
You've obviously never faced denver, nyk, or miami LOL
I've played against them plenty of times.

I'm not saying it couldn't get better just saying it's not a big problem now.

Sent using Tap a Talk

# 59 VDusen04 @ 08/21/13 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
To the people complaining about the dunks and differences in Euro ball. The day someone can make a sizzle reel of teams playing suffocating zone defense and patently below the rim plays, I'll give you my Crown Vic.

You know, if you want it, I mean.
You may have a point, as there does not seem to be much to work with in terms of Euro differentiation. They kind of just look like teams in Euro uniforms on Euro courts playing NBA basketball from the briefest of looks. The little information released also seems to hint that's essentially what they're going to be as well.

If the Euro teams were done correctly, I'm confident a nasty, nasty sizzle trailer could have been released featuring very little insanity dunks and instead:

-Grinding interactions between Euro players (working hard for everything)
-Quick Cut to suffocating double teams leading to panicked reaction
-Cut to pan of Euro crowd with cued audio sample of the difference between USA fans and those included for Euro
-Cut to dunks earned - solid, sometimes flashy, but fully Euro - maybe a signature Rudy Fernandez reverse oop, signifying that proper players were paid the proper attention for their proper form of dunking
-Floor level camera angles of ballhandling point guard eyeing V-cutting teammate creating separation
-A pass to the high post, leading immediately to a backdoor cutter being hit with a pinpoint bounce pass
-A team flag being bandied about by fans either in real time or via cutscene

Obviously, I was just kind of throwing all that stuff out as I went along but man, if they actually took the time to make the Euro squads more than just graphical jersey, facial, and court designs, they could have had something intense and legit on their hands that would have made folks say, "Whoa, alright, that Euroleague mode looks kind of nuts." Maybe they'll build off this year, but I suppose the crazy dunk trailer would be a result of this iteration featuring just a surface set of Euros with a limited amount of distinguishing characteristics.

# 60 antawanraggins03 @ 08/21/13 11:05 PM
Was it me or Did Norris Cole finally have his High-Top Fade ...lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.