Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Gamekult has posted some new NBA 2K14 gameplay videos featuring the Euroleague. (Link #1, Link #2, Link #3) Some users are having problems getting the videos to play. VNI has uploaded them to Youtube and embedded them below.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Melbournelad @ 08/21/13 09:16 AM
Thanks for the videos.

Although i did have a weird sense of deja vu watching them....

# 2 Vni @ 08/21/13 09:22 AM
I like it. Everything seems tighter. Steps seem smaller. Looks like signature size ups are back? I don't know if it was a manual combo or a signature size up in that first clip.

It has more of a 2K12 feel wich I like.

When it comes to the presentation it looks like the changes are minimal...

# 3 cthurt @ 08/21/13 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I like it. Everything seems tighter. Steps seem smaller. Looks like signature size ups are back? I don't know if it was a manual combo or a signature size up in that first clip.

It has more of a 2K12 feel wich I like.

When it comes to the presentation it looks like the changes are minimal...
Hearing this excites me. Wish i could watch these videos at work the trailer did nothing for me.

# 4 The 24th Letter @ 08/21/13 09:33 AM
Videos aren't playing for me...

# 5 Vni @ 08/21/13 09:34 AM
I have a feeling I'am gonna love this game. I didn't expect anything spectacular but I just like the overall feeling I get. Looks like 2K14 can be a pretty sim game.

# 6 VDusen04 @ 08/21/13 09:41 AM
I'm typically pretty poor at discovering new intricacies upon first viewing. To the naked eye it just about looks the same as 2K13. I'm bummed the general presentation design stuck around, only it looks like the gold was replaced with silver if I'm not mistaken. Still, I was definitely hoping to break away from any remnants of the Jay-Z-inspired inspiration.

There was a strong left handed layup at the backboard/rim that I liked in the third video, so that was cool. I didn't like seeing that lame alley-oop animation returning though (to Ibaka I think, in the first or second video).

So far I'm getting a feeling similar to what I had near the end of my PS2 NBA 2K run, where things were still being improved upon, but it's clear the real focal point is probably going to be on the next generation version, even though two separate teams worked on these games. I think current generation can still be good, I just feel as though the real innovation is stored away for the other version.

# 7 mauro78 @ 08/21/13 09:42 AM
Just few notes after watching all the 3 videos:
  • Transitions from balling to shooting seems improved
  • Bo McCaleb bring the ball up with a new animation (Never seen in 2k13..)
  • Passing seems a little faster than 2k13
  • No more yellow/gold transition screen ala Jay-z presentation...seems more ala 2k11
  • Graphics is 2k13 (as expected)

# 8 Vni @ 08/21/13 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Videos aren't playing for me...
Am uploading them on youtube for you.

# 9 TalenT @ 08/21/13 09:44 AM
Ok! I didn't see anything that turned me off...gameplay wise. I like!

# 10 Vni @ 08/21/13 09:45 AM
This the first video.

Does it work for you?

# 11 jersez @ 08/21/13 09:46 AM
Shots in the paint weren't falling so easily like 2k13, can't really tell if signature dribbling is back, changing speeds and footplanting looks better. The driving animations(when a defender is on your hip) Look 10x better and not clumsy like 2k13.

Passes look accurate and have ZIP to them, and offensive rebounding seems like it might be realistic this year.

# 12 Optik @ 08/21/13 09:52 AM
1st video:

- SMH, completely throws me off that Harlan and co are commentating on Euroleague games.
- Crowd looks just like the NBA crowds. LMAO they're even using the NBA sounds that the DJ would play. This isn't Europe at all.
- 1st possession: SMH, they've still got that silly animation where the player turns 180 to pass behind him. It looks so ugly. I was just complaining about that yesterday.
- I love how those walk-up animations look. They're even better than last year.
- Looks like they've gotten rid of that horrible turbo-animation. The one that's replaced it looks much better.
- Passing, shooting and dribbling look so much smoother. No more of those ugly hitches.
- The scoreboard could have looked better but at least they've replaced the gold with silver, so it doesn't look tacky anymore.

# 13 jersez @ 08/21/13 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
This the first video.

Does it work for you?

What app did you use to download the video and get it up on youtube?

# 14 The 24th Letter @ 08/21/13 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
This the first video.

Does it work for you?

Thank you sir! It does

# 15 Kashanova @ 08/21/13 09:57 AM
Looks like current gen, seems very smooth. Was there a change in FPS?

# 16 Vni @ 08/21/13 09:58 AM
ant video downloader.

The first one I found but there are others. This one works no problem though.

# 17 Vni @ 08/21/13 09:59 AM

Third video on it's way.

# 18 jersez @ 08/21/13 10:01 AM
The video with McCalebb bringing the ball up, he does a in and out size up and does a crossover to launch, then changes speeds to use the pick.It's beautiful. Little things like that have been missing for years.

I'm seeing no sliding and no warping..... MAN

# 19 Goffs @ 08/21/13 10:05 AM
No more gold crap
Spacing looks better somewhat from the short clips
It looks tougher to score inside

Finally getting some vids from gamescom!

# 20 shegotgame @ 08/21/13 10:05 AM
What a nice surprise this morning! Looks the same to me. Maybe I need to put on my glasses and watch again. What I'm most interested in is the feel with all these new controller schemes.

Does the defense's reaction to the pick and roll look different to anyone?

« Previous1234567891213Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.