Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Gamekult has posted some new NBA 2K14 gameplay videos featuring the Euroleague. (Link #1, Link #2, Link #3) Some users are having problems getting the videos to play. VNI has uploaded them to Youtube and embedded them below.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 drk3351 @ 08/22/13 12:24 AM
i'm sure it has been mentioned but I noticed on the pick and roll "roll" is the 2nd longest to hold, and pop is last, those were flip flopped last year.

# 162 RyanFitzmagic @ 08/22/13 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallIsLife2
But then the same people who complain, whine, etc. are more often than not the first people to buy the game.
Please tell me how you know that.

# 163 BallIsLife2 @ 08/22/13 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
Please tell me how you know that.
Don;t look too deeply into it; The people who complain are more often then not (key words here) end up buying the game anyways and enjoy it.

# 164 MarkWilliam @ 08/22/13 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallIsLife2

LOL at all of this outrage. Over what, one minute of gameplay?

People are quick to complain and get angry. Acting like a little kid in a grocery store when your mom doesn't want you to buy candy, what with all these posts *read: temper tantrums* from all the whining grown folks here.

The game hasn't even released yet and people are saying that it is awful, horrible, nothing's changed, etc.

Talking about "Why would I waste my money on this?" and "I don't see anything new" and "2K is lazy" and "2K has gone downhill" and etc.

But then the same people who complain, whine, etc. are more often than not the first people to buy the game.
I suppose there is a fine line between whining about giving ones impressions.....

The footage looked very similar to 2K13 I thought - I am sure there will be enhancements (or it would be the first time in history 2K said something that they didn't deliver haha)......

But seriously, the enhancements just don't appear apparent in those particular vids from (at least my standpoint) if not everyone elses....

This is why I think the vids that do come out need to be perhaps controlled.... 2K need to send a sim baller in to show us how the game SHOULD look!!! Break downs and comparisons to real ball/2K13 for the purpose of contrast!!! Then I am SURE it would go down a bit better......

# 165 RyanFitzmagic @ 08/22/13 12:53 AM
How does that answer my question at all?

# 166 Boilerbuzz @ 08/22/13 01:00 AM
Quote:
How does that answer my question at all?
It is his opinion and I'm sure many people share it. He can prove it just as easily as you can dispute it. But look at the posts over the years. The people that whine about the game on this forum still (claim to) buy the game. Of course, many of them "take it back within days" yet are still able to play the game for months without actually having the game.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

# 167 RyanFitzmagic @ 08/22/13 01:05 AM
That's not an opinion. That's a statistic.

"Michael Jordan led the league in scoring more often than not" is a statistic that can be proven. Don't try to bail him out with that "opinion" bull****.

# 168 infam0us @ 08/22/13 01:10 AM
Just look around this site, its a rather large community but at the same time you see the same people with the same gripes year in and year out yet they still buy the damn game.

# 169 RyanFitzmagic @ 08/22/13 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
Just look around this site, its a rather large community but at the same time you see the same people with the same gripes year in and year out yet they still buy the damn game.
If that's really true, it can be proven.

If you can't prove it, you shouldn't use it in an argument.

# 170 BallIsLife2 @ 08/22/13 01:12 AM
Quote:

"Michael Jordan led the league in scoring more often than not" is a statistic that can be proven. Don't try to bail him out with that "opinion" bull****.
Is he bailing me out? It looks like he was supporting my "opinion".

# 171 rbfn04 @ 08/22/13 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
They changed that a couple of years ago.

Sent using Tap a Talk
And from what I heard there are more changes (after FIBA World Cup) to be made that will bring FIBA's game even closer to the NBA (like a change in the restricted area rule and some other things).

Loved what I saw, those expecting a big graphics jump must not realise current gen is maxed out...

# 172 Boilerbuzz @ 08/22/13 01:20 AM
Quote:

Right, its more of his *perception*. Sure isn't a statistic. Slippery slope when folks start taking things that literally on a forum.

# 173 Boilerbuzz @ 08/22/13 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
Well, they CLAIM to buy the game.

# 174 Boilerbuzz @ 08/22/13 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbfn04
And from what I heard there are more changes (after FIBA World Cup) to be made that will bring FIBA's game even closer to the NBA (like a change in the restricted area rule and some other things).

Loved what I saw, those expecting a big graphics jump must not realise current gen is maxed out...
Nah. They just want to complain about something and aesthetics is the low hanging fruit.

# 175 rbfn04 @ 08/22/13 01:36 AM
Was reading all those complaints about off handed lay ups and such... Man, just played some basketball and 3 out of the 4 shots I finished in the paint were with my off hand. Only missed one (it was a mad stupid forced shot anyways). If I can made that an NBA player shouldn't be missing layups and hook shots and dunks with his off hand left and right, no pun intended

# 176 Barbatrucco @ 08/22/13 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Play 2k9 and be happy? Problem solved!

Also the reason why they don't have Euroleague atmosphere is because sound takes up most of the space. If they bring the Euroleague to next gen then they should have more than enough space to add the atmosphere!
There's no space on the disc for Euroleague atmosphere choirs?
So, create space!

Can you tell me how many different videos of Jay-Z there are in 2K13?? You can find the space for that Jay-Z videos and you can't find the space on the disc for Euroleague audio choirs?!? Absurd.

# 177 MarvinOida @ 08/22/13 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbatrucco
There's no space on the disc for Euroleague atmosphere choirs?
So, create space!

Can you tell me how many different videos of Jay-Z there are in 2K13?? You can find the space for that Jay-Z videos and you can't find the space on the disc for Euroleague audio choirs?!? Absurd.
They were all compressed thats why the quality is so poor on some of the vids. And you could most likely apply custom arena sounds to the Euroleague teams hopefully. Unless they botch that too.

Tap Tap Tapatalking away from my iPhone - now Free

# 178 Taer @ 08/22/13 03:05 AM
The highlighted gameplay left me wanting to see more. I saw some very encouraging tidbits and a couple of things that I'd like to see more details before coming to an overall conclusion.

What disappointed me was that the footage shown reinforces to me that I won't be using the Euro-mode much if at all.

Euroball is not just repackaged NBA games but that is exactly what I felt I saw here. I really enjoy the commentating team and never grow tired of Steve Kerr in 2k. Yet, he was out of place and so was the rest of the team when announcing a Euro-game.

This footage just reinforces to me that this mode is wasted on me; something I really hoped would not happen.

# 179 geisterhome @ 08/22/13 03:55 AM
that does feel like euroleague at all!!

# 180 Daddy123 @ 08/22/13 04:11 AM
I already got this game.. its called 2k13

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.