Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Check out the latest NBA 2K14 video (via shaky-cam from Gamescom) featuring 9 minutes of action between the San Antonio Spurs and Miami Heat.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 stillfeelme @ 08/24/13 04:05 PM
@6:40 or so the CPU appears to be running a floppy play. The good thing about all of this was the play initiated faster so they must have improved play starting speed. I know the play from the Bulls playbook. TP comes off the screen first as a decoy but the play is designed to go to Manu off the second curl.

# 22 mauro78 @ 08/24/13 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
I liked what I saw, especially the crossovers by Lebron, still looking like signature dribbling is missing. Also that guy was breaking the rules
Yo Jersez wasn't signature dribbling a confirmed feature of 2k14?

# 23 jersez @ 08/24/13 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauro78
Yo Jersez wasn't signature dribbling a confirmed feature of 2k14?
That's What I thought from the feature list, but I can't really tell because we've mostly seen european team gameplay, and the Spurs vs Heat gameplay has been too short, before this video.

Nobody has confirmed it is in the game we'll probably have to wait when they release the developer insights..

I think Mike doesn't want to bring back those "movies". In older basketball games whenever someone had a signature sizeup move for example live 10, 2k11 and 2k12 there was always what devs called a "movie" where you would lose control and have to wait for the movie to be over before you can do your launch move.

If they can bring it back I'm excited but I don't want to lose control over the ball handler either.

# 24 stillfeelme @ 08/24/13 04:26 PM
Quote:
I liked what I saw, especially the crossovers by Lebron, still looking like signature dribbling is missing. Also that guy was breaking the rules

I think sig dribbling is in. The only thing we have not seen is advance dribbling moves where you can really tell. We need to see user to do some size ups or escape dribbles. I mean that looked like LeBron dribbling, at least let Wade dribble he has the best handle on either team. Wade didn't even touch the ball in that game lol.

# 25 Jano @ 08/24/13 04:52 PM
Loved the video a few good things I saw in there:

Defensive player movement is improved, no longer do players sprint and move in ways that get them out of position on D.

They move like a real player on D would, plus it seems like this year the level of separation Offense and defensive players or there ability survive as separate entities is ever better now. All that unnecessary bumping and canned animations deems to have have been lessened..

Lastly I loved the new contact animations seeing the players collide with one another in realistic ways was awesome to see! I can't wait for next gen because all of these things I just mentioned will most likely be even more nuanced and refined.

And not only that but it'll have a fresh new next gen look.

# 26 jersez @ 08/24/13 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
I think sig dribbling is in. The only thing we have not seen is advance dribbling moves where you can really tell. We need to see user to do some size ups or escape dribbles. I mean that looked like LeBron dribbling, at least let Wade dribble he has the best handle on either team. Wade didn't even touch the ball in that game lol.
Even in the move set list I didn't see anything that indicated a signature sizeup, I think they've added new dribbles obviously, and some dribbles may fit certain players better but I'm leaning towards signature dribbling not being what it was in older 2k's like 12 and 11.

# 27 Phreezy P @ 08/24/13 05:20 PM
When Tony Parker went for that drive at 1:56, he actually seemed super quick, which was attempted but poorly executed in 2k13.

And I spotted Norris Cole with A Hi-Top Fade!!

# 28 RyanFitzmagic @ 08/24/13 06:38 PM
You'd think the least they could do is change the presentation if they're not gonna touch much else visually. Especially since, if I understand correctly, they have a team specifically assigned to the current-gen version and a separate team for the next-gen.

# 29 Aviator S @ 08/24/13 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
You'd think the least they could do is change the presentation if they're not gonna touch much else visually. Especially since, if I understand correctly, they have a team specifically assigned to the current-gen version and a separate team for the next-gen.
I agree 100%, they said the same things last year like how spacing has improved, defense is back but from my humble opinion that was the complete opposite. Visually at least change the dang scoreboard and the menu's 2K. I'm sure there was a lot of folks in the NBA 2K14 Wish List saying they would like a breath of fresh air to the presentation aspect of this game, and that was completely thrown under the rug.

# 30 cmehustle @ 08/24/13 06:45 PM
Jesus, what level was this played on? The cpu sucked and the guy playing as Miami is quite possibly the worst 2k player I have ever seen. That looked like someones little brother playing. I would have loved to see some user vs user games. By that I meant two users who were actually good at 2k.

# 31 tcnumba10 @ 08/24/13 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
Looks good but I keep seeing bigs doing lay ups at far distances....know one didn't see that lay towards the end with one of the Spurs bigs doing a lay up at the freaking free throw line?

Ya I agree, hate seeing that underhand layup attempted so far from the basket, that's not realistic at all.

And can they eliminate that two hand over the head passing animation please!

# 32 carvis#15 @ 08/24/13 06:51 PM
Somebody give that guy a game manual (Chris Smoove Voice)

# 33 stillfeelme @ 08/24/13 06:52 PM
Quote:
Even in the move set list I didn't see anything that indicated a signature sizeup, I think they've added new dribbles obviously, and some dribbles may fit certain players better but I'm leaning towards signature dribbling not being what it was in older 2k's like 12 and 11.
I think the signature stuff should definitely be in the escape dribbles, between, the legs, hesitation and crosses. Maybe even in the "creep" up dribbles. You are right there are no size ups listed from what I can find from the Ipodkingcarter controls he listed, they probably didn't want any mini movies playing out

# 34 RyanFitzmagic @ 08/24/13 06:55 PM
Quote:
I think the signature stuff should definitely be in the escape dribbles, between, the legs, hesitation and crosses. Maybe even in the "creep" up dribbles. You are right there are no size ups listed from what I can find from the Ipodkingcarter controls he listed, they probably didn't want any mini movies playing out
I think escape dribbles might be gone, since the Pro Stick lets you do the same thing escape dribbles did, but with more control.

I'm just worried about how well the CPU will be able to chain dribble moves, fakeouts, and pull-ups together.

# 35 stillfeelme @ 08/24/13 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
I think escape dribbles might be gone, since the Pro Stick lets you do the same thing escape dribbles did, but with more control.

I'm just worried about how well the CPU will be able to chain dribble moves, fakeouts, and pull-ups together.
IpodkingCarter said there is something called escape and quick but they sound just like and old escape dribble from 2K12. You use RT and tap right analog stick. I think that will be a tendency thing so 2K has to get the CPU right.

# 36 blues rocker @ 08/24/13 07:22 PM
see some nice new rebounding animations. also, i like the contact on the missed Lebron up-n-under at 3:55.

# 37 RyanFitzmagic @ 08/24/13 07:32 PM
Quote:
You use RT and tap right analog stick.
Wouldn't that do a dribble move with the Pro Stick?

# 38 Vni @ 08/24/13 07:43 PM
Spacing is much improved. Wings shooters stay on the perimeter and takes open space and don't cut randomly inside anymore.

Pump fakes are just as good as real life pumpfakes.

Shooters finally sprint while executing floppy plays.

Looks like your player still draw silly blocking fouls near the basket.

Most faces of theses guys have been redone. Splitter is legit.

Some passing animations are still bad/overdone.

Overall it looks pretty smooth. Didn't see anything really wrong.

# 39 strobox88 @ 08/24/13 07:54 PM
Hmm.... looks like 2k13 to me.

lol @ that awkward bounce pass at 2:36

# 40 thedream2k13 @ 08/24/13 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strobox88
Hmm.... looks like 2k13 to me.

lol @ that awkward bounce pass at 2:36
graphics ..yes

gameplay.... way more improved

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.