Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Check out the latest hi-res NBA 2K14 screenshots featuring NBA legends Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Isiah Thomas, Allen Iverson and Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon.

NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Chocolate Chip @ 08/26/13 09:13 PM
they still didnt fix Iverson's braids & he shouldnt have a headband on.

they got shoes right this time

# 22 Chocolate Chip @ 08/26/13 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prime_clutch
ONCE AGAIN A.I. DID Not WEAR A HEADBAND IN THE 2000-2001 year people
oh wow u beat me 2 it

# 23 VDusen04 @ 08/26/13 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Yes it sounds silly as hell and i don't know if that's the real reason but considering they tend to copyright all kinds of things in the US it wouldn't surprise me if my theory is right.

Would be nice to get an informed answer by someone.

Sent using Tap a Talk
Colors can be copyrighted, but the only example I can think of off hand is "maize", which was copyrighted by Nike. As such, when adidas became the official brand of the University of Michigan, they had to create their own yellow, dubbed "Sun", to use for Michigan uniforms from there on out.

# 24 Steve_OS @ 08/26/13 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BADBOYS3
I wish we could get early 90s Jazz & Sonics. I hate the late 90s uniforms

The new generic sneakers are an upgrade, btw
Here is a close-up. Quite a few on Twitter tell me they look like Wade's Li-Ning's.

# 25 cthurt @ 08/26/13 09:16 PM
Was anyone else hoping for a Reggie Miller sighting, because that alone would have hyped me up for classic teams.

# 26 NINJAK2 @ 08/26/13 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Chip
they still didnt fix Iverson's braids & he shouldnt have a headband on.

they got shoes right this time
hopefully we will be able to remove headband in player edit screen making that a non-issue.

# 27 KyotoCarl @ 08/26/13 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Colors can be copyrighted, but the only example I can think of off hand is "maize", which was copyrighted by Nike. As such, when adidas became the official brand of the University of Michigan, they had to create their own yellow, dubbed "Sun", to use for Michigan uniforms from there on out.
That at least supports my theory, now if that's the way it is is another question.

Sent using Tap a Talk

# 28 ZoneSix @ 08/26/13 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Here is a close-up. Quite a few on Twitter tell me they look like Wade's Li-Ning's.
they look just like them.

# 29 SmashMan @ 08/26/13 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
I'm pretty sure it's a licensing issue, been like that since nba live in the 90's.
Not really. A quick look at OS' galleries shows that this isn't the case. I also went to YouTube to get screengrabs. I picked years at random (in this case, NBA Live 98, NBA 2k2, NBA 2k9, and NBA Live 10)

Live 98 and Live 10 are both red. 2k2 has a clear pink hue. 2k9 has a slight pink, but it is more of a red than we have now. Whatever the issue is, it's clearly with 2k's color palette, as this also happens/happened with their baseball game.

Live 98

2k2

2k9

Live 10

# 30 cthurt @ 08/26/13 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Not really. A quick look at OS' galleries shows that this isn't the case. I also went to YouTube to get screengrabs. I picked years at random (in this case, NBA Live 98, NBA 2k2, NBA 2k9, and NBA Live 10)

Live 98 and Live 10 are both red. 2k2 has a clear pink hue. 2k9 has a slight pink, but it is more of a red than we have now. Whatever the issue is, it's clearly with 2k's color palette, as this also happens/happened with their baseball game.

Live 98

2k2

2k9

Live 10
Man I miss those shiny courts in that 2k9 pic...2k really fell of graphically over the years only thing that got netter are the faces

# 31 Phreezy P @ 08/26/13 09:41 PM
Is it just me or do the new Generic shoes look like the way of wade?

# 32 KyotoCarl @ 08/26/13 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Man I miss those shiny courts in that 2k9 pic...2k really fell of graphically over the years only thing that got netter are the faces
The only one that looks spot on to me is 2K9 there.
On the live 98 one, the court looks good, the jersey number looks top bright red to be the right color.

Sent using Tap a Talk

# 33 MarvinOida @ 08/26/13 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

Check out the latest hi-res NBA 2K14 screenshots featuring NBA legends Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Isiah Thomas, Allen Iverson and Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon.
OMG ANSWER IVS ON IVERSON!!! THE ACCESSORIES SIDE OF ME IS PARTLY HAPPY.

Ok, Generics looks like WoWs, but why is Magic and Zeke wearing them? No Converse? And the Answer IVs are a low-mid top IRL, but a high top in the screenshot. (Nvm, compared it to my created IVs, which are mid tops and exact the same NBA logo cutoff you see)

Tap Tap Tapatalking away from my iPhone - now Free

# 34 HakeemOlajuwon @ 08/26/13 10:19 PM
great,Sonics still here

Spoiler

i hope this jersey will be here too

# 35 Steve_OS @ 08/26/13 10:19 PM
FYI, just added hi-res screenshots to the OP.

# 36 NINJAK2 @ 08/26/13 10:31 PM
Quote:
Like that they added more AI shoes to the game, but dislike that the reds are still a pinkish color, and cheese and bread is that Isiah Thomas about to dunk??? lol
Thomas had some hops..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChA45LsZm7I

# 37 skinnybonez @ 08/26/13 10:34 PM
Put red & MJ tongue back!

# 38 VDusen04 @ 08/26/13 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Ha, yes yes, I was waiting on that clip to make an appearance. Those three dunks happen to be the only ones I've ever seen of Isiah jamming, not to mention he used his off hand for a fun boost on the first two bits. He was typically not a dunker, even less so in '89 than earlier in his career. It'd kind of be like a 2K screenshot emerging of Chris Paul dunking over Kevin Garnett then someone posting this as proof that it's okay:

Again though, no worries on this end because all that stuff is editable in a split second. I just wonder who decided Isiah tomahawk dunking would be the best screenshot to throw out there.

# 39 Sinner @ 08/26/13 11:09 PM
Quote:
.. and cheese and bread is that Isiah Thomas about to dunk??? lol
Isiah Thomas could dunk, has done it quite a few times...matter of fact one for his highlights is a offensive rebound dunk over our boy Robert Parrish. Glad these legends are in the game though

# 40 mrbigshot @ 08/26/13 11:12 PM
Hopefully they kept the 98 lakers (or replaced them with the 2000 lakers which would be more appropriate) Kept the 93 hornets, the 95 orlando magic, 98 spurs, as well as those 95 knicks and 2002 kings and of course larry bird's celts. The rest can be replaced by newer 2000's teams or more of the 90's clubs that haven't made an appearance yet. I would hate for them to take out any classic teams, but if they do, replace them with some of these. I want Grant hill's 97 pistons on here though.

P.S. I was a 90's kid so i'm a little biased.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.