Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

November 15 can’t get here soon enough. Next-gen NBA 2K14 is one of the most highly-anticipated games I’ve ever been dying to get my hands on. But technically October 1 is our first taste of 2K14, and we just got a new current-gen trailer to show you. Let’s check out the new trailer together for the first time.

00:13 – I promise (to win not one, not two, not three…).
00:15 – Welcome back, King.
00:21 – Enter the NBA2K14 official logo followed by LeBron breaking away from the Clippers and enjoying one of his signature slams. Looks a tad bit smoother than NBA2K13. Nice flick of the wrist when he puts it down.
00:23 – And now LeBron is celebrating in front of Russell Westbrook. Welcome back from your injury, Russell!
00:24 – And who is the next player showcased in the trailer?! Terrance Ross from the Toronto Raptors! Yes, the 2013 NBA Slam Dunk Contest Champion rightfully deserves the showcase before the likes of Durant, Kobe, Dwight or James Harden.
00:26 – Oh, there you are Mr. Harden. Nice, quick pull-up jumper over Iman Shumpert as the shot clock expires. Followed by his signature three-ball celebration. I spot a certain cry baby center in the background…
00:30 – Nice! Rondo looks absolutely awesome in this shot. So does Brad Stevens. I can’t tell who’s more excited – and enter KELLY OLYNYK and his awkward-awesome-gazelle looking self. I’m more excited. Did I mention Westbrook is getting beat in this shot, too? Zombies getting some hate.
00:35 – So that’s why the Bobcats are paying him $41 million over the next three years.
00:36 – Rubio is back! That was a heckuva pass to Budinger in the corner. Now rewind, set in slow motion, and watch at Rubio’s eyes. He’s actually looking at Budinger before he passes it, even with all of his momentum moving forward. HE’S LOOKING AT HIM.
00:38 – Awesome dunk, but that doesn’t really look much like Blake Griffin. Nice to see a Valanciunas model, though.
00:40 – Ladies and gentleman, your new-look Nets. And another OLYNYK SIGHTING!
00:46 – It only took half the trailer, but here’s your first look at Dwight in Houston. Pau is attempting to block the dunk crazy late.
00:52 – And here we have Ken Bazemore with some sick sideline celebrations after an Iguodala dunk. I’m diggin’ it.
00:53 – Look at the new Piston Josh Smith fly! Very nice block on Granger. Very nice.
00:57 – Another nice block. This time, Howard on top of Curry.
01:00 – Jerryd Bayless makes a nice diving save to keep possession, even shows a close-up. Then of course the ref makes the wrong call, leaving Bayless vividly upset. Nice touch.
01:05 – Welcome to the NBA, Anthony Bennett. He’s showing off some damn good ball handling skills.
01:09 – Is it just me, or does the entire Cavs team quit pursuing Lee before he actually dunks the ball?
01:11 – OLYNYK!
01:13 – OK, now that looks a lot more like Griffin.
01:14 – And as in real life, it took way too long for Derrick Rose to show up. Can’t wait to see him finally play ball.
01:18 – Kobe with a sick fadeaway over Eric Bledsoe in the new Phoenix jerseys. The jerseys may not look like much, but the back sides in the trailed look pretty cool to me.
01:26 – C’mon, that almost looks real.
01:30 – Hell yeah.

We have also uploaded 92 screens from the trailer which you can view here.

NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 KyotoCarl @ 08/28/13 01:03 PM
Where is it?

Sent using Tap a Talk

# 2 ViolenceFight @ 08/28/13 01:09 PM
That Hand Exhange dunk is ridiculously nasty. I cringed when I saw that. Nice dunk block. And those flashy passes...I think I need a towel to clean up my keyboard....

# 3 jayman504 @ 08/28/13 01:11 PM
Honestly I can see this stuff in the 2k13 Media thread....what I can't see is Next-Gen which is what the people REALLY want..

# 4 Vni @ 08/28/13 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman504
Honestly I can see this stuff in the 2k13 Media thread....what I can't see is Next-Gen which is what the people REALLY want..
You guys never quit with next gen stuff... Remind me of crew guys.

The vid doesn't appear here but I'll get it when I'am home.

# 5 infam0us @ 08/28/13 01:14 PM
2k still needs to fix the Nets shorts. They seriously just inverted the nets uniform completely and the shorts are wrong. The logo is the wrong color

# 6 jersez @ 08/28/13 01:16 PM
I don't like that dwight kept up with stephen curry on that break. Trailer was alright overall, wanted to see more of the new dribbling.

# 7 jayman504 @ 08/28/13 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
You guys never quit with next gen stuff... Remind me of crew guys.

The vid doesn't appear here but I'll get it when I'am home.
Well why tease with one next-gen clip then never show anything else after that? would've been nice to see one that's all I'm sayin

# 8 rbfn04 @ 08/28/13 01:19 PM
I will have loads of fun with Magic, Rubio, CP3 and the fancy passing. Loads. Knicks still have the light blue uniforms

# 9 ybtherockstar @ 08/28/13 01:19 PM
The trailer looks good, a couple new crossover and dunk animations but for the most part, still looks like 2k13 to me though. Probably gonna have to start looking for a ps4 because I would rather spend the money on that and 2k14, than another 60 for practically the same game on current gen.

# 10 brent3419 @ 08/28/13 01:20 PM
the trailer was ok

# 11 MarvinOida @ 08/28/13 01:21 PM
If you look closely at KG at 0:42, you will see he's wearing Anta shoes.

Here's a link to the trailer, I'm on Tapatalk, so i can't embed, http://youtu.be/z3HQdIeLc9U

Tap Tap Tapatalking away from my iPhone

# 12 infam0us @ 08/28/13 01:21 PM
They have the brand Anta in the game(KG's shoes)

# 13 Gramps91 @ 08/28/13 01:21 PM
I actually really like this trailer. Love seeing Rondo and Rose can't wait to see my two favorite PG's back this season. I actually think the player models do look a tad better in this trailer

# 14 cthurt @ 08/28/13 01:22 PM
My gameplay side is excited about what i saw in the trailer, but my visual graphics side is saying wait for next gen I wont be able to look pass how bad the overall graohics looked. The shoes seem to have more detail then the players and courts do.

# 15 J_Posse @ 08/28/13 01:23 PM
Jarryd Bayless wasn't given his baldy even though he had it all last year. I saw Garnett rocking his Anita's, possibly replacing Converse, and a bunch of new (and old) kicks. I loved that posterization that Blake did on Jonas and that those two nice blocks by Dwight (on Seth Curry) and Josh Smith.

Overall, nice hype trailer that has me itching for some 2K14.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

# 16 TheTrueHooperAIO @ 08/28/13 01:25 PM
Looks like 2k got the Anta shoe license

# 17 VDusen04 @ 08/28/13 01:26 PM
Maybe it's because my hype has already been waning a little bit to this point, but the trailer didn't seem to do as much for me as it has in past years. I know folks catch flak for saying this, but it really did kind of feel like a trailer for an NBA 2K13 patch. I feel like there could be developer patch notes below the video that said:

-Fixed dunk blocks
-Increased flashy pass tendency
-Some haircuts fixed via dynamic update

I wasn't even a huge fan of 2K13 but this trailer still seemed to put a bit more out there:

# 18 Goffs @ 08/28/13 01:26 PM
Quote:
Well why tease with one next-gen clip then never show anything else after that? would've been nice to see one that's all I'm sayin
It's a damn tease.....why would they start showing off next gen when there are still sales for current gen! Once the current gen is out the door on Oct. 1st then you will see some next gen stuff!

# 19 black_mamba24 @ 08/28/13 01:27 PM
Monta Ellis 360 layup around 1:00! This trailer is makin me

# 20 J_Posse @ 08/28/13 01:28 PM
Quote:
You can see a sweet, and previously in 2K, 360° lay-up, nice step through move and a host of new animations in last year's game? Everyone wants to see next-gen, in particular to see improved or changed cyberfaces, but 2K still has to sell the current-gen version which has a much bigger install base. We'll get next-gen info in do time...

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

« Previous123456789Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.