Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

November 15 can’t get here soon enough. Next-gen NBA 2K14 is one of the most highly-anticipated games I’ve ever been dying to get my hands on. But technically October 1 is our first taste of 2K14, and we just got a new current-gen trailer to show you. Let’s check out the new trailer together for the first time.

00:13 – I promise (to win not one, not two, not three…).
00:15 – Welcome back, King.
00:21 – Enter the NBA2K14 official logo followed by LeBron breaking away from the Clippers and enjoying one of his signature slams. Looks a tad bit smoother than NBA2K13. Nice flick of the wrist when he puts it down.
00:23 – And now LeBron is celebrating in front of Russell Westbrook. Welcome back from your injury, Russell!
00:24 – And who is the next player showcased in the trailer?! Terrance Ross from the Toronto Raptors! Yes, the 2013 NBA Slam Dunk Contest Champion rightfully deserves the showcase before the likes of Durant, Kobe, Dwight or James Harden.
00:26 – Oh, there you are Mr. Harden. Nice, quick pull-up jumper over Iman Shumpert as the shot clock expires. Followed by his signature three-ball celebration. I spot a certain cry baby center in the background…
00:30 – Nice! Rondo looks absolutely awesome in this shot. So does Brad Stevens. I can’t tell who’s more excited – and enter KELLY OLYNYK and his awkward-awesome-gazelle looking self. I’m more excited. Did I mention Westbrook is getting beat in this shot, too? Zombies getting some hate.
00:35 – So that’s why the Bobcats are paying him $41 million over the next three years.
00:36 – Rubio is back! That was a heckuva pass to Budinger in the corner. Now rewind, set in slow motion, and watch at Rubio’s eyes. He’s actually looking at Budinger before he passes it, even with all of his momentum moving forward. HE’S LOOKING AT HIM.
00:38 – Awesome dunk, but that doesn’t really look much like Blake Griffin. Nice to see a Valanciunas model, though.
00:40 – Ladies and gentleman, your new-look Nets. And another OLYNYK SIGHTING!
00:46 – It only took half the trailer, but here’s your first look at Dwight in Houston. Pau is attempting to block the dunk crazy late.
00:52 – And here we have Ken Bazemore with some sick sideline celebrations after an Iguodala dunk. I’m diggin’ it.
00:53 – Look at the new Piston Josh Smith fly! Very nice block on Granger. Very nice.
00:57 – Another nice block. This time, Howard on top of Curry.
01:00 – Jerryd Bayless makes a nice diving save to keep possession, even shows a close-up. Then of course the ref makes the wrong call, leaving Bayless vividly upset. Nice touch.
01:05 – Welcome to the NBA, Anthony Bennett. He’s showing off some damn good ball handling skills.
01:09 – Is it just me, or does the entire Cavs team quit pursuing Lee before he actually dunks the ball?
01:11 – OLYNYK!
01:13 – OK, now that looks a lot more like Griffin.
01:14 – And as in real life, it took way too long for Derrick Rose to show up. Can’t wait to see him finally play ball.
01:18 – Kobe with a sick fadeaway over Eric Bledsoe in the new Phoenix jerseys. The jerseys may not look like much, but the back sides in the trailed look pretty cool to me.
01:26 – C’mon, that almost looks real.
01:30 – Hell yeah.

We have also uploaded 92 screens from the trailer which you can view here.

NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 eko718 @ 08/28/13 10:12 PM
Mavs court still jacked...smh.

# 122 KyotoCarl @ 08/28/13 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypain
That was the most unappealing, lackluster, boring, bland, blatantly effortless, unexciting, insipid, subfuscous, unattractive, distasteful, unsatisfying, and half-baked trailer I have ever witnessed in my entire life.

This game so far
Everyone's entitled to their opinion but that statement just isn't true. That's just trolling.

# 123 2KLeague @ 08/28/13 10:15 PM
I saw James Harden's arm going through his jersey while making the layup.

# 124 Goffs @ 08/28/13 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Everyone's entitled to their opinion but that statement just isn't true. That's just trolling.
He can't be a troll...he uses big words and pictures to express his feelings...such a sad life if that's the only trailer he's witnessed thats bad.

Youtube has plenty of bad trailers....

# 125 KyotoCarl @ 08/28/13 10:32 PM
Quote:
Your rebuttal is little too late my friend

Contradicting much? You put opinion and statement in the same sentence but your can't differentiate between the two, and label it as trolling.....

My opinion is that you're trolling cause there's no chance you could've thought the trailer was as bad as you expressed.

Putting aside the English lesson; what exactly did people expect from a trailer? You saw moves we haven't seen before. Players in their new jerseys, etc.

# 126 Goffs @ 08/28/13 10:34 PM
Quote:
Your rebuttal is little too late my friend

Contradicting much? You put opinion and statement in the same sentence but your can't differentiate between the two, and label it as trolling.....

They're called smileys, and I'm sorry the trailer was poorly made, one of the worst I've seen, sue me. Funny how how you take a expression so literally.

Smileys? LOL not if you have to link it they're not...

# 127 KyotoCarl @ 08/28/13 10:49 PM
Quote:
Umm they're still smileys, same format and everything, just from another forums which prefer over your generic ones. And they are pretty much some of the most popular smilies on the net sooooo.
The ones you posted? They're not smileys and they're not popular

Anywho; I liked the trailer, as a trailer. Sure, 2K12's and 11's were better, but it a lot of new moves and animations I hadn't seen before. Seemed like the players were "living".

The graphics looked the same as 13 and 12, but that's to be expected. Really looking forward to how the next gen version will look. That trailer is gonna be dope!

# 128 TalenT @ 08/28/13 10:54 PM
Quote:
What does that even mean? No chance? Where you get that logic from? It's my opinion.

"What exactly did people expect from a trailer?"
Um, let's see, a actual good trailer, something actually different for once. The trailer is a major yawn.

The game is pretty much 2K13 with updated rosters, some new animations, a blocking system that shouldn't have been omitted in the first place, and Crew mode.

It doesn't matter how colorfully I express my opinion on this game so far, it will still always be my opinion. Don't call it trolling just because my polar opinion against yours.

So you've played it? PLEASE tell us...what's it like???

# 129 ccoaxum @ 08/28/13 11:00 PM
ppl can say what they want..yes 2k did some improvements but it is still things that they didn't touch and if they did they just brought back the things that was in their past games already, added animations to try to cover the flaws in the game, added something that one company had in their past game again other then that no sign of improvement in the most important areas(certain areas in gameplay and game modes)this is why ppl are upset not just because the graphics doesnt look any better because the graphics is really shouldn't be shocker when you know next gen is right their ppl..with that being said if next gen doesn't have alot of improvements gameplay and game modes then alot of ppl is still going to be upset but they still going to buy the game anyways...which is why these developers don't stress out about these games like the comsumers..they gain more then we do(not saying 2k just developers as a owe)

# 130 Goffs @ 08/28/13 11:00 PM
Quote:
Dude... There's 9 + minutes of leaked footage of the actual gameplay.

They have released info on features and achievements

What more do I need to develop an opinion from observing said footage and info.
So you're not buying it right?

# 131 Sundown @ 08/28/13 11:00 PM
One thing nice about this trailer:

It doesn't use a lot of post process effects that look cinematic but doesn't truly represent the game.

So yes, not as well crafted and hype worthy as past trailers that I'd watch over and over, but you also kind of know what you're getting--some smooth new animations and moves-- and it doesn't look too bad.

# 132 KyotoCarl @ 08/28/13 11:01 PM
Quote:
Yeah... ok

Just google The Coli smileys and see how many results you get.

Keep deluding yourself dude

And this trailer is still
And this trailer is still trashcan

I don't see what people can have against a trailer, that's all. It showed you dunks, blocks, sweet moves, emotion and had a good song.

# 133 TalenT @ 08/28/13 11:05 PM
Quote:
Dude... There's 9 + minutes of leaked footage of the actual gameplay.

They have released info on features and achievements

What more do I need to develop an opinion from observing said footage and info.
Oh, I don't know....actually PLAYING the game yourself maybe?

You're basing your opinion of a game on watching a 9 minute video of people who played like they wandered off, got lost, stumbled upon a TV with an Xbox or PS3 hooked to it and said "Hmm This game looks fun..." and an achievement list? LMFAO! You ARE a troll.

# 134 ccoaxum @ 08/28/13 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
One thing nice about this trailer:

It doesn't use a lot of post process effects that look cinematic but doesn't truly represent the game.

So yes, not as well crafted and hype worthy as past trailers that I'd watch over and over, but you also kind of know what you're getting--some smooth new animations and moves-- and it doesn't look too bad.
yea i agree, nice and animations to make the game look good but what about the things that make ppl angry in the past game..what about the modes that been the same for years? Why new control scheme again?

# 135 nddot @ 08/28/13 11:07 PM
Quote:
That was the most unappealing, lackluster, boring, bland, blatantly effortless, unexciting, insipid, subfuscous, unattractive, distasteful, unsatisfying, and half-baked trailer I have ever witnessed in my entire life.

This game so far

my coli breh

you're right. The trailer was just boring. I cant believe 2k gonna make us pay the full price for a couple of new animations and a roster update.

Spoiler

# 136 ccoaxum @ 08/28/13 11:07 PM
Quote:
Waiting for next gen specs and info to come out. Because Im trading all my stuff for a PS4.

2K just needs something to take it to the next level, especially with game modes like My Career. Don't you all get tired of the same generic hairdos, the same generic voice your guy has, more control over your player and team.

Aren't you tired of canned animations, the freezing glitches, etc...

These are the things I'm quite sure we all want to see improved
amen! this is what i been saying and feeling for a while now...too much loyalty and blindness i guess smh

# 137 ccoaxum @ 08/28/13 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalenT
Oh, I don't know....actually PLAYING the game yourself maybe?

You're basing your opinion of a game on watching a 9 minute video of people who played like they wandered off, got lost, stumbled upon a TV with an Xbox or PS3 hooked to it and said "Hmm This game looks fun..." and an achievement list? LMFAO! You ARE a troll.
how are you different by saying its good, if you haven't played it yourself?

# 138 Sundown @ 08/28/13 11:10 PM
Trailer's much better with the music off.

Wait, is this one of the songs Lebron picked? Meh.

# 139 TalenT @ 08/28/13 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
how are you different by saying its good, if you haven't played it yourself?
I said the game was good? Really? Find the quote. I'll wait.

# 140 MarvinOida @ 08/28/13 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Trailer's much better with the music off.

Wait, is this one of the songs Lebron picked? Meh.
The trailer is really good if you add DeStorm's King Kong or James Harden's #1, Harden Soul. That song used, idk...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.