Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports has released the features list, screenshots, and trailers for current-gen NBA 2K14, but the question is, when are we going to get next-gen information?

Other than a brief trailer, we haven't seen much. Ronnie mentioned on Twitter that we'll start seeing next-gen discussion in late September. So, for those that keep asking, there's your answer.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Da_Czar @ 08/29/13 01:40 PM
The next gen stuff is worth the wait IMO. Current gen didn't get shortchanged on gameplay though. They stuffed every ounce they could into it.

# 22 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/29/13 02:47 PM
Don't we know more about live next gen than 2k next gen?

# 23 TreyIM2 @ 08/29/13 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
The next gen stuff is worth the wait IMO. Current gen didn't get shortchanged on gameplay though. They stuffed every ounce they could into it.
Como? Lol. U made my eyebrow go up with that statement, making me wonder if I should just pass Oct 1 and go straight to Nov 15th. Heh.

# 24 FloorGeneral @ 08/29/13 04:46 PM
Quote:
See, that's what I'm banking on. I just hope that enough info comes out before Oct. 1st so I know if the upgrade is significant enough to bypass the current gen version. I would hate to wait til the next gen is released, and find out it's basically a gimped (or even equal, outside of visuals) version (I'm thinking Madden '06).

On the other hand, it would also suck if they we didn't get enough info, I bought CG, and the NG version was better in numerous ways. I just hope that the folks at 2K aren't gonna purposely hold out some info, banking on us buying BOTH versions, cause I'm not gonna go that route.

# 25 jd51 @ 08/29/13 04:47 PM
I won't be purchasing the current gen game since I'm getting a next gen console. I will wait for the next gen game.

# 26 Eman5805 @ 08/29/13 05:17 PM
I imagine there's a new mode. Maybe an interconnected My Player/My Career. You can play online against other My Players's teams in their own thing. Make it a super Key Game kinda deal. Especially if you play the same position.

Just a thought.

# 27 Mholtz2j @ 08/29/13 09:37 PM
Quote:
You've seen the Next Gen version?

# 28 KyotoCarl @ 08/29/13 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorneydave866
I'm probably going to be one of the only dudes buying a PS4 with only sports games at launch at the store.

Banking on 2K14 and Madden to be pretty good.
I'll be doing the same. PS4 with 2K14 and Live 14. Maybe Watch Dogs too.

# 29 MoultonHawk @ 09/12/13 05:30 PM
Most of you know next gen PS4/XB1 won't have the two best modes available Crew Mode & My Team. I sold my PS3 to help pay for my PS4 once I heard NBA 2K14 was available for the PS4, little did I know it would be in an incomplete form. I wrote Ronnie a letter, way too late, but I feel at least 2% better for voicing my complaint...

Hi Ronnie,

I'm so bummed for NBA 2K14 on the next gen platforms...

*MyTEAM - Back and better than ever, with new player modes, multi and single player tournaments, and much more. (PS3 & Xbox 360 only !!!)

*Crews - The single-most requested game mode is back! Face off against opposing crews online using your MyPLAYER. Create your logo and face off in 5v5 battles with other crews featuring leaderboards and stats. (PS3 & Xbox 360 only!!!)

I'm not 100% clear on this. No Crews or My Team at all on Next Gen ? Nil, zip, nada ? OR is there some form of both or either ?

My Team was by far my favorite mode last year, total blast, brilliant mode, eventhough people cheated to get their VC (not me) and some aquired players were glitchy; weren't able to add or drop them. As well blacktop (crews light) was my second favorite mode. Now it appears neither are being included. Leaving us with "My Player" which I've never put much time into outside of blacktop (to raise quick money for My Team) because I want to play other humans, cpu associations or playoffs which I don't put much time into either because playing against the CPU in 2K isn't a strongpoint of 2K IMO. So what does that leave outside of vs. CPU mode, and My Player vs. CPU ? Quick Match that's it, and maybe a LBJ challenge possibly, not much to be frank.

For the first time since 2008 I am going to see what NBA Live has to offer. Maybe I skip a season while 2K tries to catch up to next gen ? If I still had my old PS3 then sure I'd be happy with the last gen console and NBA 2K14 PS3 as a last gen complete game, but I don't sold it already paid for my PS4 figuring as soon as I heard 2K14 would be available for the PS4 I'd be set. Why would I think it would be in an incomplete form of NBA 2K14 ? Crazy right 2K has been the sports gaming rock. Respectfully it appears 2K failed to bring their two best modes to 2K14 and us next genners are out of luck. It just seems like it's backwards Ronnie like you guys sold the future to stick with the past.

Thank you for your time Ronnie. I'd appreciate it if you passed this on to others on the 2K team that might care as well.

Sincerely,

Sean
MoultonHawk, PSN & Twitter

# 30 tharealcstylez @ 09/12/13 05:53 PM
2k hasnt released any info on next-gen. You probably seen that it said that crew was only for 360 and ps3 and took it as them saying it wasnt on next-gen when they were really saying that it wasnt on the pc version

# 31 Csquared @ 09/12/13 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoultonHawk
Most of you know next gen PS4/XB1 won't have the two best modes available Crew Mode & My Team. I sold my PS3 to help pay for my PS4 once I heard NBA 2K14 was available for the PS4, little did I know it would be in an incomplete form. I wrote Ronnie a letter, way too late, but I feel at least 2% better for voicing my complaint...

Hi Ronnie,

*MyTEAM - Back and better than ever, with new player modes, multi and single player tournaments, and much more. (PS3 & Xbox 360 only !!!)

*Crews - The single-most requested game mode is back! Face off against opposing crews online using your MyPLAYER. Create your logo and face off in 5v5 battles with other crews featuring leaderboards and stats. (PS3 & Xbox 360 only!!!)

I'm not 100% clear on this. No Crews or My Team at all on Next Gen ? Nil, zip, nada ? OR is there some form of both or either ?

My Team was by far my favorite mode last year, total blast, brilliant mode, eventhough people cheated to get their VC (not me) and some aquired players were glitchy; weren't able to add or drop them. As well blacktop (crews light) was my second favorite mode. Now it appears neither are being included. Leaving us with "My Player" which I've never put much time into outside of blacktop (to raise quick money for My Team) because I want to play other humans, cpu associations or playoffs which I don't put much time into either because playing against the CPU in 2K isn't a strongpoint of 2K IMO. So what does that leave outside of vs. CPU mode, and My Player vs. CPU ? Quick Match that's it, and maybe a LBJ challenge possibly, not much to be frank.

For the first time since 2008 I am going to see what NBA Live has to offer. Maybe I skip a season while 2K tries to catch up to next gen ? If I still had my old PS3 then sure I'd be happy with the last gen console and NBA 2K14 PS3 as a last gen complete game, but I don't sold it already paid for my PS4 figuring as soon as I heard 2K14 would be available for the PS4 I'd be set. Why would I think it would be in an incomplete form of NBA 2K14 ? Crazy right 2K has been the sports gaming rock. Respectfully it appears 2K failed to bring their two best modes to 2K14 and us next genners are out of luck. It just seems like it's backwards Ronnie like you guys sold the future to stick with the past.

Thank you for your time Ronnie. I'd appreciate it if you passed this on to others on the 2K team that might care as well.

Sincerely,

Sean
They are talking about the PC version man

# 32 KyotoCarl @ 09/12/13 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoultonHawk

Hi Ronnie,

Sincerely,

Sean
That list was for pc, 360 and ps4, in other worfs: current gen only. When it said 360 and ps3 only it meant that it won't be available on PC.

There has been NO WORD on next gen features at all so you can't say with certainty that these mods won't be in the next gen version.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

# 33 GradyMac @ 09/12/13 08:16 PM
I hope you guys are right, but everytime they mention Crew they say "current gen." Coupled with the statement about "significant differences" between current/next gen, I was thinking the same thing. No crew on next gen.

If the distinction was PC versus consoles, they could have said "consoles only" instead of "current gen."

Like I said, I will be waiting for next gen feature list and hoping I am wrong.

# 34 KyotoCarl @ 09/12/13 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyMac
I hope you guys are right, but everytime they mention Crew they say "current gen." Coupled with the statement about "significant differences" between current/next gen, I was thinking the same thing. No crew on next gen.

If the distinction was PC versus consoles, they could have said "consoles only" instead of "current gen."

Like I said, I will be waiting for next gen feature list and hoping I am wrong.
I will also be waiting for that list before i make any assumptions.

They've specifically said that all the info until now have been current gen only and within current gen we still have 360, ps3 and pc.

I can't say that crew and my team will be in next just saying that we have no idea what will and what won't be in next gen.

# 35 JJRuelz @ 09/12/13 09:56 PM
WOW they havent even talked about CURRENT gen now they talk about next gen in late september sigh...

# 36 KyotoCarl @ 09/12/13 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seidowskyy
thats gonna be funny if EA capitalizes on 2ks lack of marketing
The two will probably start marketing the next gen versions at the same time.
As people have said before, they are focusing on current gen right now, which isn't strange at all since it's the only bball game on current gen.

# 37 Da_Czar @ 09/13/13 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mholtz2j
You've seen the Next Gen version?
Yes, of course! Can't talk about it, but I've seen and played.

# 38 Sundown @ 09/13/13 04:11 AM
Quote:
Yes, of course! Can't talk about it, but I've seen and played.
From 1 to NOOIICE!, how excited are you?

# 39 Da_Czar @ 09/13/13 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorGeneral
See, that's what I'm banking on. I just hope that enough info comes out before Oct. 1st so I know if the upgrade is significant enough to bypass the current gen version. I would hate to wait til the next gen is released, and find out it's basically a gimped (or even equal, outside of visuals) version (I'm thinking Madden '06).

On the other hand, it would also suck if they we didn't get enough info, I bought CG, and the NG version was better in numerous ways. I just hope that the folks at 2K aren't gonna purposely hold out some info, banking on us buying BOTH versions, cause I'm not gonna go that route.
I hear you. I personally don't know how any company would advertise your CG at the same time as your Next gen. Graphics alone the difference is so great and the CG has your biggest install base and probably where you will sell the most units.

So I think it's a case of wanting each game to have it's own time in the Sun. More than let's dupe people into buying both. The people who will buy both like me are going to do that anyway.

History says that 2k has never pulled a madden 06. Even madden NG has said they are not pulling a madden 06 LOL so I doubt 2k in the face of competition would think that is sound strategy. But you never know. So I guess we will have to wait and see.

# 40 Da_Czar @ 09/13/13 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
From 1 to NOOIICE!, how excited are you?
LOL. That is too good of a question. I am NOT answering that. LOL. Plus I am sure the game has changed a lot since I last saw it. Was going to check it out again before launch but decided I want to keep some excitement and surprises for Nov 15 as far as hands on.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.