Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Ronnie2K (New York Knicks) and LD2K (Los Angeles Lakers) played a full game of NBA 2K14 earlier today. If you missed the stream you can view it in the embedded video above, over at DmanUnt2014's YouTube page or click here to view it on Twitch. The game was played on Superstar/Sim.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Deck @ 09/06/13 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Good thing is, all these 3 point complaints are easily adjustable by sliders.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Good thing online,mycareer,myteam,teamup,crews have sliders OH WAIT THEY DON'T.

I can see this game being somewhat likable in ASSOCIATION.

# 22 HowDareI @ 09/06/13 05:18 PM
I said it before, if EVERY contested jumper/layup/post move in REAL NBA basketball was a miss (as people apparently think it is), then teams would average 60/70 ppg.

Nate Robinson, Lou Williams, JR Smith, Nick Young, Kobe, Melo, Jason Terry...look at their shot selection and see how many contested jumpers they attempt and make.

And plus they were playing on 5 minute quarters, most of the time you're gonna see +50% shooting when playing on low minute quarters.

Just closing out on an NBA player isn't enough, that's why they play pro ball lol. You gotta have more than just a hand at their chest, it's gotta be up there at the release and even then players will still make shots.

As far as presentation/graphics goes: 2K13 was the last current gen only game, this game whether 2K admits it or not, is taking the backseat to next-gen. And it's not a secret, there really is only so much space they have to work with. They maxed out memory, they even said it. So do you want new presentation and better graphics on current gen, or better gameplay? Honestly you want gameplay, and that's what you're gonna get. Next-gen will have better gameplay, graphics, replays, menus, etc...that's the whole package.

Defense looks really good, neither user particularly played tough d though, and that's why players got open shots. So you can't complain about the game on that one. And the blocks looked good too, not just big men getting blocks, but also guards knocking away shots from behind or the side.

Offensively, it looks tougher to get into the paint...but to me it was less because of the d and more because of offensive spacing...but in a good way. In 2K13, it seemed like the spacing was so bad half the time it was just an iso, so if you got to the rim you were good. But now, your PF is at the top of the key and your C is down low with the wings up top, like it should be. So as a PG you look to get your team a better shot, not just iso to the rim.

Only thing I didn't like was Shumpert going for a windmill, it wasn't contested but I don't think players other than 02 Vince Carter windmilled in a half court setting lol. Not a big deal, especially since it was a kind of bad dunk and got blocked from behind.

# 23 OkayC @ 09/06/13 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
I said it before, if EVERY contested jumper/layup/post move in REAL NBA basketball was a miss (as people apparently think it is), then teams would average 60/70 ppg.

Nate Robinson, Lou Williams, JR Smith, Nick Young, Kobe, Melo, Jason Terry...look at their shot selection and see how many contested jumpers they attempt and make.
Lol half the guys on your list are known for being chuckers and have low fg%. I think guys who are able to make tough shots should make them. But i think the overall point is guys that aren't known for it still make them. If nate the great and jr can make tough shots, then great. But not all players can make those shots, yet in this game they do. Thats the point.

# 24 OkayC @ 09/06/13 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Kafe
Ok in Real Life if you have a nice range you have just as good of a chance as anybody else.

Wes Johnson

http://youtu.be/XRJwlx0OVbM

Felton

http://youtu.be/0EfRzbJt7mo
OK, one instance for both players, doesn't justify why it happend like 4xs in one game. My overall point was that this has been a concern for past 2ks, especially 2k13. So why should i believe different from 14, I can have this super optimistic attitude that 2k14 will be perfect, but the world doesn't work like that, so yea i listed pros and cons of the game. hitting those tough shots is one of the cons. Im sorry those tough shots shouldn't be made more than once a game at best, by average players. thats my point.

# 25 Deck @ 09/06/13 05:32 PM
There is a thing in nba2k that's on fire. Those were normal shot's, players weren't HOT.

I can play the video game too, this is a guy having the game of his life http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCtWmD6j5J4 if you look closely, for the most part he wasn't standing still chucking 3's. He was mostly OPEN and HOT with defenders arriving late (opposed to the game where they just shot in their faces), oh and Mike Miller getting killed

I also so kobe SHOOT a lot, specially in the post (and some times too far). I think he shot 70%+ with 20-30pts ? He's a career 45,4 %FG and 33,6% from deep. I know he makes a lot of clutch shot's but he also bricks wide open ones.

I'm just frustrated because they shot too well for the offense they played.

# 26 DatGD12guage @ 09/06/13 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Good thing is, all these 3 point complaints are easily adjustable by sliders.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Minus online and my player which are the most played. I liked some of the new animations but the only gameplay enhancement I noticed is like someone stated earlier the animations that create space is gone from what I've seen, better contests in the paint I guess, and It seems as though you can stay in front of your man better even though I wouldnt say these guys d is on point.....there were few instances.

There were just not enough positives to convince me to buy. I doubt there will be much of a change hands on but of course we'll try the demo as the last test.

All in all I been playing nba 2k since inside drive but this game is just getting to clunky and sloppy to me. It doesnt look real enough to me and im not talking about graphics. Hopefully next gen will look and move different but Im really not seeing it looking much different than for what it is now.

# 27 OkayC @ 09/06/13 05:35 PM
Quote:
The point is I didn't see it 4x times in one game like your overreacting too . I saw Farm take two with the defender not playing any defense at all and Wes shooting one wide open .
Im overacting now? just cuz im not going to accept all of 2ks flaws doesn't mean im overracting. if your gonna be happy with players making tough shots in a game, fine thats your perrogative. But i watch alot of basketball, enough to know that shots like that shouldn't go often, and so based on past experiences, seeing those shots has me worried. Im sorry if im not as optimimistic as you are about the game. But im buying the game, that means 2k is getting my money, so im gonna be as critical on this stuff as i wan't. I know some of you guys who are more inclined to defend 2k hate that, but oh well get over it.

# 28 Deck @ 09/06/13 05:43 PM
Also Ronnie had 30PTs with 0:42 left in the 3rd, yet he finishes with 59 points. I'm counting 29 in 5:42, say cheese.

# 29 DonWuan @ 09/06/13 05:44 PM
it probably wont matter because Ill be picking this up on PC, but why does Nick Young still have jheri curl.

Assuming Bynum will have his also. I dont normally care for stuff like this but it looks horrible.

# 30 juicey79 @ 09/06/13 05:53 PM
we have sliders t help with the shot %.....did need to de-activate the self alley in traffic....but i guess that's for casual players....i like what i saw and will support...i didnt see a lot of O-boards the rest of the game the community will fix im sure...also dont look for anymore graphical improvement in current gen...they got lazy on some of the presentaion art

# 31 Rdub33 @ 09/06/13 05:55 PM
I really like hat I se or the most part. The bottom line is that current gen will be a very polished version of last year with more animations. I am good with that.
Here are my two complaints:
1 rebounding.... It's as if defensive players do not recognize that a shot has been taken. IRL once a shot goes up nba pros are taught to do one of two things.... Find a body or find the ball. I don't see that happening on a insistent basis..
2 that blocked windmill dunk CAN'T happen. It is impossible to block a windmill from behind if the o player actually gets off the ground. I'm not even going to harp that Kobe is 35 and wouldn't dream of trying to jump with iman because it doesn't matter who it is. Dikembbe couldn't block a windmill from behind. I have done several dunks throughout my career and not one of them was ever blocked from behind. So I know they couldn't of mocapped this new blocking system which worries me

# 32 ryantheplague @ 09/06/13 05:56 PM
Quote:
Ok in Real Life if you have a nice range you have just as good of a chance as anybody else.

Wes Johnson

http://youtu.be/XRJwlx0OVbM

Felton

http://youtu.be/0EfRzbJt7mo
i always laugh when i see felton's frog jump shot.

# 33 thedream2k13 @ 09/06/13 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arimamba
i was like ahhhh... specially when felton did that self alley oop... please remove it from the game if you really want to consider yourself SIM 2k...

i could just say "oh they were not playing d or blah blha" but nah i dont like it... in previous 2k you did not hit that many 3s when someone was close unless you had a good shooter... so Wesley Johnson and Farmar shooting 3s nah i aint buying it.

Will get it for PC cheaper and try to customize it... if is any good and i can actually play D or if a patch is dropped might get it for current gen or just wait for the next gen that will be around the corner
its about defending the shot, not just standing next to the shooter. Same as it was in 2k11. if you dont have a hand up or dont jump to defend, its considered a open shot. I like it, it makes guys learn to anticipate shots instead of the 2k13 way of standing as close as possible and hope auto shot contest turns on lol

# 34 iLLosophy @ 09/06/13 05:57 PM
Dear 2k film editor,

While you may find the faces of Ronnie2k and Ld2k attractive and pleasing to look at, please keep in mind the majority of your core audience probably do not, and would rather just see them stay up in upper right corner instead of full screen for prolonged periods of time

But seriously the editing was weird, especially when ronnie would say "look at that animation! look at that collision!" but we obviously can't see it?

Anyway, my comments

5:07 - Nash complaining and not getting back on D lol. Definitely should be a Dwyane wade animation.
5:19 - Shooting foul no?
10:57 - Nice Collision
29:40 - Dissappointed to see hopsteps jump distance are still off. Kaman almost jumped from one side of the paint to the other with very little momentum lol
30:47 - Minor issue - Still instances where there isn't contact but it looks like it should be e.g. bargani jumping on gasol.

# 35 MarvinOida @ 09/06/13 06:02 PM
Can't see the footage cause I'm on da phone. But based off what I know on screens and part footage, really really disappointed in the effort in art (assuming that this is the final look, gameplay can be tweaked, but this is how the game looks?)

Knicks blue is light blue, Laker Yellow is more of sunny Yellow (Del Sol.) vs. I think a Gold/Yellow, and Laker Purple should be a dark dark purple.

Overall, the game would've need a BIG lighting engine rehaul, but just going through jerseys and just adjusting the iff file is easy for them, and correcting the look would've been fine.

Tap Tap Tapatalking away from my iPhone

# 36 Handsome @ 09/06/13 06:20 PM
Have they said anything about the classic teams yet? I just want to know if the teams that were in last year are all back, and if the players that were in 2K12 that they took out last year (Abdul-Jabbar, Erving, Webber) are back in or not?

# 37 sactown_13 @ 09/06/13 06:38 PM
Not a fan of the Nash layup around the 5 min mark. I feel like with his style and awareness he would have done that patent scoop layup

# 38 UnbelievablyRAW @ 09/06/13 06:48 PM
Damn it

Why the hell are they bringing back those annoying after play animations? Players complaining to the ref or staying on the ground for 15 seconds after falling on their backs were such stupid animations to add to the game.

Forces players to play 4 on 5 because the CPU decides it wants to fake argue with the refs after a play (nothing happens from that animation, why does it even happen?)

# 39 spankdatazz22 @ 09/06/13 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
Damn it

Why the hell are they bringing back those annoying after play animations? Players complaining to the ref or staying on the ground for 15 seconds after falling on their backs were such stupid animations to add to the game.

Forces players to play 4 on 5 because the CPU decides it wants to fake argue with the refs after a play (nothing happens from that animation, why does it even happen?)
Personally I like them and hope they don't get removed. See it happen in real games all the time

# 40 23 @ 09/06/13 07:16 PM
It should be breakable though shouldnt it?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.