Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Ronnie2K (New York Knicks) and LD2K (Los Angeles Lakers) played a full game of NBA 2K14 earlier today. If you missed the stream you can view it in the embedded video above, over at DmanUnt2014's YouTube page or click here to view it on Twitch. The game was played on Superstar/Sim.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 quehouston @ 09/07/13 02:35 AM
Everything looks really fluid. Loving the paint D.

My only complaints are the self alleys returning..... and the unnecessary shots of Ronnie and Chris.

# 82 sarlndr @ 09/07/13 03:02 AM
Please 2K, fix the colors on the uniforms. There is no way they can think that Knicks uniform is the right shade of blue. It's the same with their MLB game as well.

# 83 Jangle Leg @ 09/07/13 04:03 AM
I don't see enough changes to make another $60 purchase on the current gen systems. I'm good until 2K15.

# 84 Guard-ian @ 09/07/13 04:13 AM
I can see a lot of improvements in the animations and gameplay in general, also the FG % can be tweaked with sliders in my online/offline Association (not in Ranked or My Team tough) so it is not a big worry, however I have an issue with passing, I didn't see intercepted any lead pass to the paint, it was too cheap to get there, also long passes were too accurate, so it seems like it will be easy to cheese and again playing with brain won’t be rewarded as looking for the easy pass to the paint or running and gunning like if there were no tomorrow seems (another year) way too effective….

That is my main gripe with NBA 2K right now and it could make me wait for next gen or even jump ship as I am really tired of this recurring problem, hopefully the final build will be better in this aspect…

Cheers! ;-)

# 85 benson_bone @ 09/07/13 05:31 AM
This is pretty much how i felt going through the video:

# 86 Gramps91 @ 09/07/13 07:09 AM
Gameplay looks nicer. Graphics look the same but I expected that. Pre-game stuff looks pretty cool to me. Though i wish they would bring back starting lineup announcements.

# 87 Barbatrucco @ 09/07/13 07:45 AM
GREAT

# 88 Eddie1967 @ 09/07/13 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arimamba
have you????? see i can do it too...
Noob? What did you do, you are complaining about something that you haven't played. Come on man at least wait until the game comes out. I swear some of you guys do this just to get attention.

# 89 Goffs @ 09/07/13 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I think it's going to be depressing myself. Some people's expectations are WAY out of whack if they're disappointed because current gen 2K14 isn't making them relive memories of their Christmas morning as a 12yr old. I shudder to think what they expect next gen to do, especially when there isn't a next gen game that's been announced that's been truly mind-blowing. I predict lots of disappointment. And anger. But they won't blame themselves for setting their expectations too high. Funny some people begged for video just so they could proclaim it's the reason they won't be buying the title.
Oh god I can see the complaints now...

"I thought they were showing us next gen! These graphics look like current gen!"

# 90 Slava Medvadenko @ 09/07/13 09:38 AM
Just saw this now. Some thoughts:

-Shots seemed fine to me. There was an appropriate amount of missed open jumpers and the ones that went in didn't have good D in their face(Kobe notwithstanding, but he is Kobe). I was okay with the shots except for Iman Shumpert: his release is almost Ray Allen-fast and he was more accurate than he is in real life. That may be because Ronnie found the sweet spot in his shot release, but still a bit too deadly for my liking.

-Collisions in the paint seemed very appropriate and a lot better than last year. Dunks hopefully don't even initialize when there is good D bodying up near them.

-The self alley oops need to be a different button input than the regular oops. There were really annoying last year and their success rate was way too high. The Raymond Feltons of the world, even if it is a layup, should blow it more often than not. When these occur its less 'woah, that was awesome' and usually more 'really?' These happen maybe 5 times max in one NBA year.

-The graphics were fine. For the last several years, they have only really been upgraded with animations. This is the last cycle of this gen so there isn't going to be a 'wow' jump. There are a lot of new, really subtle animations that look great. Their speed seems appropriate, which has been a problem in recent years. There weren't many instances in the video were the animation felt slo-mo, which pleased me.

-This year seems more about refinement then wholesale changes. Nothing is going to immediately blow your mind in these videos, but for those who really know these games there are a lot of nice changes: spacing, pass speed, and collisions come to mind. And very few people have actually felt the new controls, which does seem like a major change. There is only so much one can glean from these videos without actually playing: when people saw the 2k12 videos it looked like the best 2k ever. Making major judgments about this game from a video is like judging a movie from the trailer.

-That being said, can we break out of the 'complaining to ref' animations? That could get really annoying in certain situations if we can't. Imagine getting the ball stolen and your guy complains instead of getting back to the fast breaker.

# 91 Tomba @ 09/07/13 09:53 AM
I see this stream and i just go...

YEAH... NEXT GEN

Easy pass Sorry guys

# 92 BluFu @ 09/07/13 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Throne2K11
Not sure if your joking, but this is current gen gameplay.
talking about how they teased us two months ago. i would have appreciated this footage alot more if they didn't show me that..

# 93 TheLetterZ @ 09/07/13 10:37 AM
I'm drooling over this video. Here are a few things that stood out for me:

Everyone's talking about the collisions. They look good to me too. It's especially obvious when the Lakers are running 5-out sets in that video, because with 2K13's lack of paint contact, those sets were pretty automatic shots at the rim last year.

The defensive rotations look MUCH better. I can't overstate how much this improvement changes the game. For years, NBA 2K has had essentially straight up man-to-man defense, which hasn't really existed in the NBA in years.

Now in this video, we see weak-side defenders playing off their men on the perimeter and cheating toward the lane, and then darting over to stop penetration when the ball-handler drives. And they got the next rotation right too, with another defender running out to pick up the open shooter.

Even better, it seems to take context into account. In that video, they were more likely to help off Shumpert than J.R., which is exactly the way it should be.

Finally, the improved rotations are huge when combined with the new collision system. Not only is it possible to initiate the collisions now, but they'll be much more common because defenders will be getting into proper position to stop the ball. A good collision system doesn't matter if defenders don't get into position to initiate the contact in the first place. 2K got that right here.

I feel like they added more depth to help defense. In previous games, it felt like either guys were guarding their own man, or they were coming over to hard double-team. There wasn't anything in between.

In this video, it looks like players can come off their man a couple steps to help pressure the ball-handler without fully committing to a double-team that leaves their man wide open.

The quicker passes also play into these improvements. With the better rotations, you need quick, crisp, realistic passes to take advantage of players being left open. It looks like 2K got that right here too.

The new flashy passes support this development too, and will help showcase the drive-and-kick ability of elite passing point guards like CP3 and Rubio.

Maybe it's just me. I feel like the arc on jump shots and the way the ball comes off the rim looks more realistic this year. I can't really put my finger on what's different though. Anyone?

# 94 TheLetterZ @ 09/07/13 10:53 AM
One disappointing thing for me.

Kobe makes a game-winning three at home at the buzzer . . . and the crowd doesn't even really react? What?

I know they were reviewing it, but that shouldn't really matter. The crowd should be going nuts regardless.

# 95 BluFu @ 09/07/13 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterZ
One disappointing thing for me.

Kobe makes a game-winning three at home at the buzzer . . . and the crowd doesn't even really react? What?

I know they were reviewing it, but that shouldn't really matter. The crowd should be going nuts regardless.
i think this has been on every 2k wishlist since the beginning of time itself.

# 96 TheLetterZ @ 09/07/13 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
i think this has been on every 2k wishlist since the beginning of time itself.

In the Game Informer article, they said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Thomas
You should also notice major enhancements to the crowd reactions and the dynamic range of the ambience in the arenas," Thomas says."We've added more detailed event controls and reactions, which allowed us to provide a much more immersive and realistic crowd that keeps up with the action on the court."
I was hoping a major "event" like a game-winning Kobe three at the Staples Center would be accounted for. Too bad.

# 97 strobox88 @ 09/07/13 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Kafe
2k13 * you mean he didn't have a fro in 2k11 or 12
He should look something like this:

# 98 Deck @ 09/07/13 11:22 AM
DaCzar Thank you for referring the 3PT's on your show, http://www.blogtalkradio.com/daczar/...ay-sept-6-2013, really great insight. (starts around the 28min mark)

# 99 Eddie1967 @ 09/07/13 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterZ
In the Game Informer article, they said:

I was hoping a major "event" like a game-winning Kobe three at the Staples Center would be accounted for. Too bad.

Maybe the crowd reaction will make it into the retail version or can be patched somehow.

# 100 Jrocc23 @ 09/07/13 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
Maybe the crowd reaction will make it into the retail version or can be patched somehow.
Love your optimism lol. Most likely not happening.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.