Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Ronnie2K (New York Knicks) and LD2K (Los Angeles Lakers) played a full game of NBA 2K14 earlier today. If you missed the stream you can view it in the embedded video above, over at DmanUnt2014's YouTube page or click here to view it on Twitch. The game was played on Superstar/Sim.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 ffaacc03 @ 09/08/13 10:40 AM
Better Qs, is there any indepth insight comming ? Do they want to go the uncertainty of Maddens route ?

While I can appreciate enough to make me want to buy 2k14 CG (at least had I not had my PS3 damaged for good and had I not had money limitations that made me decide to only go NG), the untrainned eye of the majority (primary on OS but you could tell the same of casuals by looking at most comments of the youtoubers and other sites) is clearly not noticing the effort that was put in to make this game way more than a 2k13.5.

So, it is extremely confusing and irrational how things are been handled, I mean, while 2K would still be the sole ruler of CG NBA videogames (no competition, at all), they are severely risking how they do on sales by not propperly showcasing CG, more than a few, upgrades/fixes/additions.

How come havent we seen any "indepth" (like they used to be pre 2k12) insights ? How come havent we seen any videos with highlights of many blocked dunks ? Of the new man to man cover ? Of the (rolling instead of ball handler) defense ? Of the new fancy passes ? Of the new controls ? Of the new (brought backs too) modes ? Of a true sim vs sim gamers gameplay video ? Comparison videos of 2k13 vs 2k14 ?

If even us, sim ballers and hardcore are doubtfull (yet I am not, but I recognize I am within the minority) of CG 2K14 not been worth the buy, one can educately guess, casuals are even more. All of the above things that they used to do at some point accomplish clear goals and target specific markets.

There are certaintly 3 weeks left for the game to release and for the company to bombard us with lots of info, then again, given the unique conditions surrounding this itineration, I cant but to blame the marketing strategy rather than devs doings (or lack of it) or new consoles launch, if sales experience a drop. Hopefully that doesnt happen and 2K keep getting in a better financial position due to yet again, improved earnings (so they can invest more on the game, on us, like better servers, hire more devs and raise their pay, better engine, etc) ... for now, hope they do deliver indepth info of both CG & NG.

# 142 Vni @ 09/08/13 11:04 AM
At 10.03 of the video you can see Kobe doing a sort of a signature low on his legs type of walking animation. Maybe they gave it to every players but that's a thing he did a lot last season. That's really Kobe like. I hope they've added signature stuff like that.

# 143 yungsta404 @ 09/08/13 11:48 AM
waiting for next gen information. Current gen doesnt look like it will be worth 60 dollars.

# 144 DaWu @ 09/08/13 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungsta404
waiting for next gen information. Current gen doesnt look like it will be worth 60 dollars.
same here. 2 years ago I read the forums everyday and waited for every little piece of information. now I did not event watch the whole video. I got bored. I am planning to buy the ps4 version but need information first. ps3/360 is done!

# 145 thedream2k13 @ 09/08/13 12:18 PM
I will be using gamefly for current Gen 2k14 but buying nextgen version. Problem solved for everyone

# 146 KyotoCarl @ 09/08/13 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
I will be using gamefly for current Gen 2k14 but buying nextgen version. Problem solved for everyone
You can do that in alla countries, for example here in Sweden, so thats not a solution for everyone.

I still think it's a big enough improvement so I'll be getting it on both current and next gen. If there are features on current gen thats not on next gen then i want to make sure.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

# 147 Da_Czar @ 09/08/13 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
Better Qs, is there any indepth insight comming ? Do they want to go the uncertainty of Maddens route ?

While I can appreciate enough to make me want to buy 2k14 CG (at least had I not had my PS3 damaged for good and had I not had money limitations that made me decide to only go NG), the untrainned eye of the majority (primary on OS but you could tell the same of casuals by looking at most comments of the youtoubers and other sites) is clearly not noticing the effort that was put in to make this game way more than a 2k13.5.

So, it is extremely confusing and irrational how things are been handled, I mean, while 2K would still be the sole ruler of CG NBA videogames (no competition, at all), they are severely risking how they do on sales by not propperly showcasing CG, more than a few, upgrades/fixes/additions.

How come havent we seen any "indepth" (like they used to be pre 2k12) insights ? How come havent we seen any videos with highlights of many blocked dunks ? Of the new man to man cover ? Of the (rolling instead of ball handler) defense ? Of the new fancy passes ? Of the new controls ? Of the new (brought backs too) modes ? Of a true sim vs sim gamers gameplay video ? Comparison videos of 2k13 vs 2k14 ?

If even us, sim ballers and hardcore are doubtfull (yet I am not, but I recognize I am within the minority) of CG 2K14 not been worth the buy, one can educately guess, casuals are even more. All of the above things that they used to do at some point accomplish clear goals and target specific markets.

There are certaintly 3 weeks left for the game to release and for the company to bombard us with lots of info, then again, given the unique conditions surrounding this itineration, I cant but to blame the marketing strategy rather than devs doings (or lack of it) or new consoles launch, if sales experience a drop. Hopefully that doesnt happen and 2K keep getting in a better financial position due to yet again, improved earnings (so they can invest more on the game, on us, like better servers, hire more devs and raise their pay, better engine, etc) ... for now, hope they do deliver indepth info of both CG & NG.
Great post. Hopefully they snap out of it and deliver some quality information. There is a lot they could showcase that a lot here might be interested in.

# 148 alabamarob @ 09/08/13 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03

Great post. I said this last week. Its not a sign of confidence when you place a gag order on the community team up members, and then turn around and disclose limited substantive information about the game.

We are now in the days of reality tv marketing. Gone are the days of marketing with product details, almost every commerical that you see on tv these days are about comedy and famous cosigns.

2k is just following the marketing trends of 2013. 2013 marketing is more about being hollywood and mingling with "famous" people then marketing information about the game. The 2k14 gameplay looked good to me (sans the full court passing and non sig dribbling). However, this is because I can see the nuances and improvements of the game, not because 2k has given us any information.

# 149 Sundown @ 09/08/13 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Great post. Hopefully they snap out of it and deliver some quality information. There is a lot they could showcase that a lot here might be interested in.
It seems 2K's marketing approach is precisely the wrong one for current gen in this transitional year. Most of their work has been under the hood and a casual is not going to see or appreciate it by videos of casual gameplay or hype over instagram videos of graphics and animations indistinguishable from those in 2k13.

I mean all that other stuff is fine to some extent-- leveraging youtubers, cryptic tweets, etc. but this is the year the changes need to be showcased in detail:

Detailed insight articles would be a start but they absolutely needed to release well produced promotional videos breaking down all the new additions:

Prostick breakdown
Blocking enhancements
Defensive enhancements
AI enhancements
Sig shot comparisons

You're not in a great place if most casuals still think the game is just 2k13 with blocking 3 weeks from release.

# 150 svit @ 09/08/13 05:15 PM
I would also add:
- changes made in play calling system / playbook - breakdown
- changes made in Online Association

# 151 Marc_Rez @ 09/08/13 07:41 PM
I can't see myself playing another year of NBA 2K Basketball in current-gen

I'm so ready for next-gen bball

# 152 The 24th Letter @ 09/08/13 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
It seems 2K's marketing approach is precisely the wrong one for current gen in this transitional year. Most of their work has been under the hood and a casual is not going to see or appreciate it by videos of casual gameplay or hype over instagram videos of graphics and animations indistinguishable from those in 2k13.

I mean all that other stuff is fine to some extent-- leveraging youtubers, cryptic tweets, etc. but this is the year the changes need to be showcased in detail:

Detailed insight articles would be a start but they absolutely needed to release well produced promotional videos breaking down all the new additions:

Prostick breakdown
Blocking enhancements
Defensive enhancements
AI enhancements
Sig shot comparisons

You're not in a great place if most casuals still think the game is just 2k13 with blocking 3 weeks from release.
I think your confusing hardcore/casual expectations...they aren't quite as demanding as we are...lol

I guarantee casual players aren't anticipating reading multiple developer insights,..Most have probably seen the trailer/next gen trailer, saw the commercial, heard that crew is back...have maybe checked out gameplay vids and are all set to buy...

# 153 DatGD12guage @ 09/08/13 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Yes but in My Player it's not a problem since you can control it, and the CPU doesn't throw up an unrealistic number of 3's and make them.

If you are playing online and 3 point shooting is a problem in this regard then you are probably shooting too many 3's per game and a quick game player who is just there to have fun and realism isn't the biggest concern anyway.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
You said ALL the 3 point complaints were adjustable by sliders. You should have specified you were a quick game player.

Online I was talking about the players who get rewarded for taking dumb contested fadeaway 3's, not me lol. We dont know how its going to be in 2k14 tho so......... but if 3pt ers were a problem it would only be for online and my player which are the modes I prefer.

No need to complain about the complainers tho b/c well....your a quick game player/casual gamer.

Some ppl play the game a lil more than you so most likely they probably care more than you.

In most cases the hardcore gamers take things a little more serious than the casual gamers so you cant expect ppl to feel like you do.

The crazy thing is i've seen these guys who complain about when others complain but when they have a lil criticism for the game its ok right.....LOL aye man....this 2k forum is wild bruh, I guess some ppl think they are more special than others and their op counts way more and their normal cosigners always agree. Everybody wants cosigners RIGHT......?......

# 154 arimamba @ 09/08/13 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
At 10.03 of the video you can see Kobe doing a sort of a signature low on his legs type of walking animation. Maybe they gave it to every players but that's a thing he did a lot last season. That's really Kobe like. I hope they've added signature stuff like that.
i dont see anything and he doesnt have the ball what do you mean

# 155 Eman5805 @ 09/08/13 10:34 PM
Yeah, their close to the vest style isn't helping them this year as other years. A lot of people are calling 2K lazy. The average gamer isn't paying attention to a bunch of articles and what not. They know that next gen is on the way and they have one video which, for some reason, doesn't even have 2 million views on YouTube.

It's unfortunate, but we'll see if they see a sales dip. I hope not. I also hope that the next gen stuff is so awesomely detailed and fleshed out that it blows people's brains right in front of their face.

# 156 KyotoCarl @ 09/08/13 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGD12guage
You said ALL the 3 point complaints were adjustable by sliders. You should have specified you were a quick game player.

Online I was talking about the players who get rewarded for taking dumb contested fadeaway 3's, not me lol. We dont know how its going to be in 2k14 tho so......... but if 3pt ers were a problem it would only be for online and my player which are the modes I prefer.

No need to complain about the complainers tho b/c well....your a quick game player/casual gamer.

Some ppl play the game a lil more than you so most likely they probably care more than you.

In most cases the hardcore gamers take things a little more serious than the casual gamers so you cant expect ppl to feel like you do.

The crazy thing is i've seen these guys who complain about when others complain but when they have a lil criticism for the game its ok right.....LOL aye man....this 2k forum is wild bruh, I guess some ppl think they are more special than others and their op counts way more and their normal cosigners always agree. Everybody wants cosigners RIGHT......?......
Did you quote the wrong person? I'm an offline player, exclusively. Definetly agree that 3 point makes should be toned down over the board but, if you're an online player complaining about 3 pointers being made, you should realize that online playing isn't really sim, which means that you won't get sim stats since noone tries to play that way.

If you have an online game between two sim players, 3 pointers aren't as much of a problem since neither person would be chucking up 20 threes a game.

That's why I said I sometimes can't take some complaints that seriously cause the people complaining aren't looking at anything else then their specific problem, even if they've more or less created that problem themselves by doing things the game wasn't supposed to handle.

# 157 JerzeyReign @ 09/08/13 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I think your confusing hardcore/casual expectations...they aren't quite as demanding as we are...lol

I guarantee casual players aren't anticipating reading multiple developer insights,..Most have probably seen the trailer/next gen trailer, saw the commercial, heard that crew is back...have maybe checked out gameplay vids and are all set to buy...
You - and anyone who thinks like this - are severely underestimating the power of social media/internet marketing. If you think casuals hide under rocks until October 1st you'd be mistaken.

Also, I don't understand the def of casual around here - I'm a release to release person - anyone who moves onto the "newest game out" and only plays 2k once in awhile are casuals to me.

# 158 Vni @ 09/08/13 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arimamba
i dont see anything and he doesnt have the ball what do you mean
Sorry was watching on Smoove's channel, I can put it in HD there.

at 10.04

# 159 DatGD12guage @ 09/08/13 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Did you quote the wrong person? I'm an offline player, exclusively. Definetly agree that 3 point makes should be toned down over the board but, if you're an online player complaining about 3 pointers being made, you should realize that online playing isn't really sim, which means that you won't get sim stats since noone tries to play that way.

If you have an online game between two sim players, 3 pointers aren't as much of a problem since neither person would be chucking up 20 threes a game.

That's why I said I sometimes can't take some complaints that seriously cause the people complaining aren't looking at anything else then their specific problem, even if they've more or less created that problem themselves by doing things the game wasn't supposed to handle.
LOL no shhh, we all know online isnt sim or should. Your not understanding what im saying cuzin. 3's are only a small part of the problem its not my problem. Every now and then i might run into a person and they might have a bs game and make some bs clutch shots in a game those are the 3's I have a problem with but we are not even talking about the bs series of events that lead to that.

YOU might take what im saying as a matter of me doing something wrong but you dont know for SURE so "aw its not serious" when YOU KNOW bs happens in 2k and some things you have no control over. You just even acknowledged that 3's need to be toned down so you acknowledged that it was a problem.....even tho you were speaking of online ppl im sure some bs turned you into a offline gamer b/c you dont want to deal with the "unsimism" right? Like what the brother RED KAFE said about the 3pters thats why he thumbed you up lol so why would you say others ppl problem is not that serious when its still legit?

All im saying is the game can be more realistic and im stating what takes away from the games realism. We all want the game to be realistic right....... its a waste of time trying to stop ppl from complaining or stating their opinion, I've even seen some mufs trying to make ppl feel bad b/c they have an OP. If you dont someone has to, its all needed to make a game better, like a extra push bruh.

Let em complain dude if 2k wants to hire you they will lol

# 160 Barbatrucco @ 09/09/13 02:50 AM
I can not believe it. What are we discussing? I read of people who will not buy NBA 2K14 current-gen and wait for NBA 2K14 next-gen, but it is obvious! If you have planned to buy a PS4 or Xbox One, you can not wait for November for NBA 2K14 have?!? What sense does it buy NBA 2K14 cg if you will buy a next-gen consolle? You have money to burn?
I'll take the next gen in two years, when prices will drop: so buy i'll buy NBA 2K14 certainly because it's the best I can offer the current-gen

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.