Home
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 News Post

The PES 14 demo is available now for Xbox 360 users (queue it up here), weighing in at 1.8 GB.
  • 5 minutes per half (Non-adjustable)
  • You can change your gameplan
  • You can choose Allianz Arena or Konami Stadium
  • You can choose day or night match
  • You can choose summer or winter match
  • You can set difficulty (Beginner, Amateur, Regular, Professional, Top Player, Super Star)
  • You can set the number of substitutions (0-6)
Teams available in the demo are listed below.
  • FC Bayern München
  • Santos FC
  • Manchester United
  • Colo-Colo
  • Boca Juniors
  • England
  • Germany
  • Italy
  • Spain
  • France
  • Portugal
You can also try out the performance training to learn skills and techniques.

Game: Pro Evolution Soccer 2014Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 0 - View All
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 spartansocc12 @ 09/10/13 09:14 AM
Can't find it on the xbox (US).

# 2 Steve_OS @ 09/10/13 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartansocc12
Can't find it on the xbox (US).
Try using the queue on the link in the OP. That's how I grabbed it.

# 3 orion523 @ 09/10/13 10:14 AM
Early early impressions from an admitted FIFA fan

-Player models are a bit clay like, but very very fluid. Stadium looked great, sounded awesome. The commentary though was abysmal, the generic music was also poor.

- For gameplay I'm still going to reserve judgement, I played on default which was super easy, even for someone like me who only knows the basic controls but there was just something about it that I liked, although I did experience an ever so slight delay with button taps, especially noticeable when switching players.
Will definitely continue to play the demo, eventually ramping up the difficulty as I learn the controls

# 4 RoyceDa59 @ 09/10/13 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Early early impressions from an admitted FIFA fan

-Player models are a bit clay like, but very very fluid. Stadium looked great, sounded awesome. The commentary though was abysmal, the generic music was also poor.

- For gameplay I'm still going to reserve judgement, I played on default which was super easy, even for someone like me who only knows the basic controls but there was just something about it that I liked, although I did experience an ever so slight delay with button taps, especially noticeable when switching players.
Will definitely continue to play the demo, eventually ramping up the difficulty as I learn the controls
How many minutes are each half?

# 5 Garrett67 @ 09/10/13 12:24 PM
I've noticed the control delay too. I'm not exactly liking that. I notice it with trying to change direction too and I don't know if that is supposed to be some momentum thing but it was quite frustrating.

# 6 Mo @ 09/10/13 12:47 PM
Garbage.

Just had a moment where Bayern sent in a cross to the 6 yard box, De Gea literally turned into Bernie from Weekend at Bernies. Didnt move, ball floated over his hair landed 2 inches away. Never moved.

Garbage

# 7 RoyceDa59 @ 09/10/13 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
Garbage.

Just had a moment where Bayern sent in a cross to the 6 yard box, De Gea literally turned into Bernie from Weekend at Bernies. Didnt move, ball floated over his hair landed 2 inches away. Never moved.

Garbage
Hmm GKs still having derp moments in this official demo. Kind of concerned this will be an issue in the final version.

# 8 Krebstar @ 09/10/13 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Hmm GKs still having derp moments in this official demo. Kind of concerned this will be an issue in the final version.
I have a feeling at this point it will be. Perhaps a patch can tweak it a bit.

# 9 pk500 @ 09/10/13 02:17 PM
The physics engine for PES remains VERY stiff compared to FIFA. I really miss the body and ball physics of FIFA when playing PES.

Many legacy problems from PES also remain:

1. Possession always is lopsided toward human player.
2. CPU rarely changes its plan of attack.
3. CPU forms Great Wall of China at top of the box, forcing human player to rely on crosses from the wing far too often.

I was pleased to see the developers tighten the midfield defense from the CPU. It was FAR too easy to attack and counterattack through the midfield in PES 2013.

# 10 RoyceDa59 @ 09/10/13 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveeee
That Boca vs Man Utd. was great. You were all over Man Utd in the first have and then they got their stuff together and straight dominated you in the second half. Very promising stuff for only on Professional level. Also PES still has a little bit to go with GK animations even though they did improve it.

# 11 Bawstun @ 09/10/13 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
Garbage.

Garbage
Haven't gotten home to download the demo yet, but that sounds disappointing, those GK problems weren't existent in the demo videos.

# 12 Krebstar @ 09/10/13 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
The physics engine for PES remains VERY stiff compared to FIFA. I really miss the body and ball physics of FIFA when playing PES.

Many legacy problems from PES also remain:

1. Possession always is lopsided toward human player.
2. CPU rarely changes its plan of attack.
3. CPU forms Great Wall of China at top of the box, forcing human player to rely on crosses from the wing far too often.

I was pleased to see the developers tighten the midfield defense from the CPU. It was FAR too easy to attack and counterattack through the midfield in PES 2013.
It seems as if you haven't played the demo, and instead are just saying things that were wrong with past PES games.

I've played the leaked demo, and if you up the difficulty, the AI will have more possession than you. Also, their attack is consistently changing, unlike past years. They'll hold possession, but will hit you on a counter if you leave them a chance. They'll work it into the box, or hit you with crosses.

I disliked 2013, but from the time I put in with what I'm sure is a lesser demo in the leaked one, it's fairly obvious to me that many of the legacy issues you mention are either dead or barely existent.

As for the physics, I'll take the stiff and more realistic approach of PES any day over the unrealistic motion of the competition.

# 13 dubcity @ 09/10/13 04:03 PM
After one match ... wow, this has some serious potential. It's going to take a while to figure out the best way to use the controls, particularly on defense, but this could be really really good.

For the people talking about player movement being stiff, I don't see it. If anything, I'm thinking about turning the speed down a notch. Things were moving really fast.

One of the things I notice the most is the fact that the ball is no longer stuck to the players feet like glue. It feels like a separate entity. Also, the shifts in movements and speeds. It looks amazing. And, just like every year, the players models will look crisper and more defined in the final version.

edit: i lost the possession battle in my first match, for what it's worth.

# 14 RoyceDa59 @ 09/10/13 04:15 PM
Some of the stuff pk500 stated isn't holding up after watching the twitch feed steveeee posted. He is playing on professional and I have noticed he hasn't been dominating in possession at all. Can't comment on the stiffness as I haven't played the demo but overall the game looks mighty fine and impressive. GK look like they could use slight work on animations but there is more good than bad with them. Gosh, I can't wait for this to hit PSN.....hurry up!!!

# 15 ezio @ 09/10/13 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Some of the stuff pk500 stated isn't holding up after watching the twitch feed steveeee posted. He is playing on professional and I have noticed he hasn't been dominating in possession at all. Can't comment on the stiffness as I haven't played the demo but overall the game looks mighty fine and impressive.
One of my biggest complaints has been the stiff/rigid feeling in the past. In the leaked demo it was miles better than anything we had seen up until now so I imagine it will be the same in the official demo but haven't played it yet.

# 16 ecantona9 @ 09/10/13 04:35 PM
I think the game plays very well. I've played about 3 games.

I'm having a hard time with the graphics though, and maybe its just me but I think they have taken a step backwards from 2013.

# 17 HKPound @ 09/10/13 04:38 PM
I'm really enjoying the game. I had a goalkeeper blunder happen as well but other than that they were solid. Really enjoy the tempo of the game and the body contact is much more natural in my opinion. In FIFA 14 you have to hold LT/L2 to shield the ball, in PES they do it naturally and it feels way better.

# 18 dubcity @ 09/10/13 04:39 PM
After a handful of matches, the bad stuff begins to creep to the surface.

The CPU is in hyper speed. Buildup is way way way too fast. Way too direct with the passing, to the point of it being ridiculous. It's like Konami looked at FIFA 13 and said, "yeah, that's what I want."

I've been playing strictly on Top Player difficulty. The last match I played as Colo Colo against Spain. All Spain did was counter attack. I had 63% possession, and it's not like I was playing conservatively.

Also, through balls are worse than ever. Disappointing.

Edit: oh, and the CPU does not foul AT ALL.

# 19 RoyceDa59 @ 09/10/13 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
After a handful of matches, the bad stuff begins to creep to the surface.

The CPU is in hyper speed. Buildup is way way way too fast. Way too direct with the passing, to the point of it being ridiculous. It's like Konami looked at FIFA 13 and said, "yeah, that's what I want."

I've been playing strictly on Top Player difficulty. The last match I played as Colo Colo against Spain. All Spain did was counter attack. I had 63% possession, and it's not like I was playing conservatively.

Also, through balls are worse than ever. Disappointing.

Edit: oh, and the CPU does not foul AT ALL.
Interesting, I have been hearing a lot of mixed impressions I just got to play and see for myself since I have seen other wise on live feeds and demos. PS3 demo is up right now so I will see how everything is.

# 20 pk500 @ 09/10/13 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
It seems as if you haven't played the demo, and instead are just saying things that were wrong with past PES games.

I've played the leaked demo, and if you up the difficulty, the AI will have more possession than you. Also, their attack is consistently changing, unlike past years. They'll hold possession, but will hit you on a counter if you leave them a chance. They'll work it into the box, or hit you with crosses.

I disliked 2013, but from the time I put in with what I'm sure is a lesser demo in the leaked one, it's fairly obvious to me that many of the legacy issues you mention are either dead or barely existent.

As for the physics, I'll take the stiff and more realistic approach of PES any day over the unrealistic motion of the competition.
It seems you are wrong. I did play the demo -- more than once. But I only used default skill.

And this is an impressions thread, Tex. Your opinion is not a fact. Neither is mine.

« Previous12345678910Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.