Home
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 News Post

The PES 14 demo is available now for Xbox 360 users (queue it up here), weighing in at 1.8 GB.
  • 5 minutes per half (Non-adjustable)
  • You can change your gameplan
  • You can choose Allianz Arena or Konami Stadium
  • You can choose day or night match
  • You can choose summer or winter match
  • You can set difficulty (Beginner, Amateur, Regular, Professional, Top Player, Super Star)
  • You can set the number of substitutions (0-6)
Teams available in the demo are listed below.
  • FC Bayern München
  • Santos FC
  • Manchester United
  • Colo-Colo
  • Boca Juniors
  • England
  • Germany
  • Italy
  • Spain
  • France
  • Portugal
You can also try out the performance training to learn skills and techniques.

Game: Pro Evolution Soccer 2014Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 0 - View All
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 lnin0 @ 09/10/13 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
I meant the relationship between the player and the ball.
If anything I thought this relationship was the biggest improvement over last season. You really feel as like the ball is a ball this year and I like player momentum and how they feel so much more deliberate in their movements. No turning on a dime and no super human control if they are not in the correct position.

I am downloading the FIFA demo now as I have been reading they made this adjustment as well. If so I will be very pleased but expect a little backlash from the FIFA devotees who are used to very direct, if not realistic, control.

# 42 Tomba @ 09/10/13 07:27 PM
Im left pretty sour by the demo seems like the game doesnt recognize 3rd party controllers

On top of that whereas the madden demo WOWED me graphically this game is still bland looking almost 480pish

gameplay still dont know what to say as i can play currently with the ps3 controller as i have to get re use to it again

# 43 RoyceDa59 @ 09/10/13 07:34 PM
All teams press a lot at least on Top Player, wish I was able to see more space being able to be created. The overall game feels great and I love the weight and shift of the game. Passes feel like they should with weight to them and I love see passes go astray. Shooting is the only big question for me and I can say that the two settings below Manual control don't cut it for me. However, Manual control feels much improved over last year and I can feel the most control shooting with this setting. Possession also seems pretty good. It seems improved over last year and I do enjoy seeing teams move the ball back to defenders.

# 44 Tomba @ 09/10/13 08:36 PM
Controls are sluggish game is even difficult on beginner

Button presses and player movement is delayed

animations and over LOOK look about 40% better but overall it has no DETAIL or high fidelty

# 45 4EverBlowingBubbles @ 09/10/13 09:29 PM
Konami need to fix GK skills and response in the final game. GKs do an OK job most of the time but they still go full ****** on some occasions.

This happened to me earlier today:

All in all I believe this is a step in the right direction for Konami. They managed to capture a bit of the unpredictability of real-world football.

# 46 JimmyDeicide @ 09/10/13 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverBlowingBubbles
Konami need to fix GK skills and response in the final game. GKs do an OK job most of the time but they still go full ****** on some occasions.

This happened to me earlier today:

All in all I believe this is a step in the right direction for Konami. They managed to capture a bit of the unpredictability of real-world football.
Actually that was awesome. its the other stuff like diving on thru passes or stray passes towards them, the parrying to the middle constantly the standing around while the ball goes over their head on a cross.
Same thing with the defenders , im so over this extra touch inside the penalty area bouncing around and falls to a forward while my defenders actually run away from the ball, who runs away from the ball inside the box i ask you.
Damn its frustrating. the defenders in both games close down ok but refuse to put a tackle in its frickin stupid and leads to the other problem yet again no fouls, 20 games 1 foul.
Im done being dicked around by these companies same **** every year.

# 47 KG @ 09/10/13 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Controls are sluggish game is even difficult on beginner

Button presses and player movement is delayed

animations and over LOOK look about 40% better but overall it has no DETAIL or high fidelty
I thought that initially too but as I played it more I noticed that the controls are really sensitive. Push the wrong button or wrong direction on the L-stick and the result will be poor.

The more I play the more I get used to the controls and play better. I was able to put together some nice build-up play with England vs Portugal using the 4-3-3 with Rooney as the false 9 springing the pacy Walcott & Welbeck on the wings.

PES is a lot like NBA2K to me. It's not an easy game to pick up and play and the game can look ugly at times until you get a hold of the controls but when the right people are on the sticks the true beauty shines through.

# 48 Supersonic_BR @ 09/11/13 12:37 AM
Do you guys seriously think the game and controls are sluggish? i thought the demo was superb, and the players animation are beautiful.

This really feels like football.

I agree about the cpu not fouling, though, had very few fouls,that's disappoiting.

Goalkeepers are really hit and miss too.

All in all, this has tremendous potential and it's miles better than PES 13.

# 49 LingeringRegime @ 09/11/13 12:59 AM
So is Top Player what everyone is playing on? I have been playing on Professional and I am having a blast.

To me it has a good balance. Maybe I will bump it up to TP when I win all the time all professional.

# 50 dubcity @ 09/11/13 01:21 AM
Still trying to get fouled. I've played like 15 matches, and the CPU has 0 fouls (not counting offsides). All of the methods I used is PES 2013 result in nothing but perfect CPU tackles.

# 51 pk500 @ 09/11/13 01:41 AM
Increasing the skill level does increase the amount of possession for the CPU team. Thanks for that tip.

But I'm still seeing no fouls, and the game still feels stiff to me. I know that's esoteric. Sorry.

I'm disappointed by both the PES and FIFA demo. I wanted one of them to jump out and scream "buy me," and neither did.

# 52 RoyceDa59 @ 09/11/13 01:54 AM
Both problems with the FIFA demo and PES are they are too short as always. PES this year is really great and for some reason the lack of fouls are not the concern for me I have given up fouls and have seen the rare foul by the CPU in the 20 matches I play. I feel the fouls might be tweaked for the final version. I will say the more you play this game, the better you get it really starts to shine in my opinion. You can't play this game like any other PES game and once you get that out your mindset boy oh boy this game is a beauty.

# 53 rckabillyRaider @ 09/11/13 02:16 AM
pros:

the movement is really good. The new engine has really improved the animations and I don't get that slow motion floaty feeling. Also the shooting feels better. I got off some good power strikes without the floaty feeling.

The tactics have a more noticeable effect as well.

Custom camera is a great addition.

Possession numbers are more even.

Cons:

the graphics aren't great. The pitch looks unrealistic and the players in general look kinda pasted on.

There is a frame rate issue also. I think that's what makes it feel laggy and with delayed button response.

I did notice some slow reactions by the keepers but not too bad.

# 54 4EverBlowingBubbles @ 09/11/13 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic_BR
Do you guys seriously think the game and controls are sluggish? i thought the demo was superb, and the players animation are beautiful.

This really feels like football.

All in all, this has tremendous potential and it's miles better than PES 13.

I agree mate. The demo has been a pretty damn good experience so far. The gameplay feels fluid and organic and the new engine adds a whole new level of physical play. I'm loving the new ball physics as well. The ball no longer feels attached to the players feet. Konami nailed the feeling of weight and momentum and how all of that has an impact on your passes. It all adds to the realism.

I fired up the demo earlier today and went straight to top difficulty using all manual controls. I had my *** handed to me but it was so much fun. I didn't feel cheated in any way. Every match felt unique. I enjoy watching the replays too. Love all these new little details, especially the cloth simulation and if you zoom in on a player's face you can actually see his skin wrinkle as he screams goal.

Konami still has to turn up GK ability a bit though and I'm afraid the new set piece mechanic makes scoring freekicks way too easy. It also feels a bit unresponsive at times.

Just scored this freekick goal using Riquelme.

Btw has anybody noticed strikers not even trying to win headers? They won't jump at all. They will let defenders clear the ball away every single time. Is this a bug or am I not doing it right?

# 55 fearwhatnow @ 09/11/13 05:41 AM
I've played both demos (leaked and official). The official is the Gamescom build so there was room for improvements until the retail release. I think the game has already gone gold and we'll see the differences when we have the retail version in our hands.
- As many of you already mentioned it, my major concern right now is the lack of cpu fouls. I'm pretty sure this won't be a problem in retail. PES games never had problems with the lack of fouls (PES 5 was whistle-friendly with tons of fouls and KONAMI released back then the, legendary now, WE 9 Liveware Evolution version which had the fouls toned down a lot).
- About the "stiff" movement and lag of controls. The first leaked demo had unresponsive controls and lag but all these are fixed in this demo. There is momentum and it's implemented perfectly. There is individuality and there is emotion.
- About the graphics (PS3 version here). In general, graphics are toned down in demos because of size limitations and compression. The same stands for Fifa 14 pc demo afaik. Well, I'm buying the pc version of PES 14 so the graphics won't be a concern there. I'm sure PS3/X360 will have major cutdowns in the graphics area due to new engine+havoc+"free ball" physics but I'm sure KONAMI will release the game on PS4/ONE too after the winter transfer window, updated/fully patched and with new faces.
- GK's are good. They are human - not superhuman, they occasionaly make mistakes but it all feels natural to me. Maybe KONAMI could give them a minor boost only.
- Cpu possession and build up is here at last. They pass a lot in the centre midfield, changing sides is done perfectly, they backpass to the defenders, there are passes to the GK's when you keep presssing them high. Every game is different, every game plays different. Think of it, in this demo there are only top teams. In reality, in 5 encounters between Spain Vs Germany you'll see 5 different tactical matches with different possesion stats in every game. What I'm saying is let's wait to see how cpu plays when the quality gap betweet the 2 teams is big. CPU Bayern Vs HUM Nice for example.

# 56 LingeringRegime @ 09/11/13 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Still trying to get fouled. I've played like 15 matches, and the CPU has 0 fouls (not counting offsides). All of the methods I used is PES 2013 result in nothing but perfect CPU tackles.
FWIW they exist. I have been fouled a hand full of times. Not seen a card on the CPU yet though.

# 57 RoyceDa59 @ 09/11/13 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime
FWIW they exist. I have been fouled a hand full of times. Not seen a card on the CPU yet though.
I have seen the CPU get carded but it wasn't card worthy lol.

# 58 JimmyDeicide @ 09/11/13 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverBlowingBubbles
I agree mate. The demo has been a pretty damn good experience so far. The gameplay feels fluid and organic and the new engine adds a whole new level of physical play. I'm loving the new ball physics as well. The ball no longer feels attached to the players feet. Konami nailed the feeling of weight and momentum and how all of that has an impact on your passes. It all adds to the realism.

I fired up the demo earlier today and went straight to top difficulty using all manual controls. I had my *** handed to me but it was so much fun. I didn't feel cheated in any way. Every match felt unique. I enjoy watching the replays too. Love all these new little details, especially the cloth simulation and if you zoom in on a player's face you can actually see his skin wrinkle as he screams goal.

Konami still has to turn up GK ability a bit though and I'm afraid the new set piece mechanic makes scoring freekicks way too easy. It also feels a bit unresponsive at times.

Just scored this freekick goal using Riquelme.

Btw has anybody noticed strikers not even trying to win headers? They won't jump at all. They will let defenders clear the ball away every single time. Is this a bug or am I not doing it right?
Ive noticed my goalie and defenders just standing there and watching while the forwards go for the ball and when it drops to their feet watch my defenders run away from the ball.
The only time i see the forwards not jumping is more away from the box where as it seems the timing of the input is off and they end up chesting it or bringing it down ala fifa 11 (i think it was)which infuriates me.

# 59 RoyceDa59 @ 09/11/13 08:00 AM
Response can seem a little off but overall the game is a joy to play. Also some tips for some people including my own and from Philospher at pesfan:

- When you get free space tap dash button twice to kick the ball forward and gain some good forward momentum. Makes life so much easier cause you can now play a 1-2 pass to another player and have good speed or just cut in the middle or whatever you do.

- If you want to get past opponents with dribbling look to tap the dash button, then look which way the defender has momentum going for them and then hold dash and go the way where they will be slightly off balance. Do not care how sharp the turn is, still use dash to turn, your attacker can do it. The 360 movement is really something new so you need to get used to it.

- The run through/nutmeg trick is now done by tapping run twice and pointing the left stick at the opponent's player

- When defending you can come to a full stop and face the ball by letting the L stick neutral and pressing dash (this really really helps)

- You can do a low header by pressing shoot then through ball

-Make sure you use the right stick when players come to rush you to hold them off. It make take some time to get use to but it helps. Some players hold off others better just don't get to overzealous with it or you will be fouling all over the place.

-If you are not feeling the shooting give Manual shooting a try, it is harder but it makes shooting feel more impact at least for me.

-I know it is a short demo but try out the combination plays.(Tap L2 twice when the formation icon shows in the lower left corner) This opens up some amazing movements from your teammates depending on which combination plays you choose.

# 60 JimmyDeicide @ 09/11/13 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
Increasing the skill level does increase the amount of possession for the CPU team. Thanks for that tip.

But I'm still seeing no fouls, and the game still feels stiff to me. I know that's esoteric. Sorry.

I'm disappointed by both the PES and FIFA demo. I wanted one of them to jump out and scream "buy me," and neither did.
It gets closer yes but still if you have any type of assistance to the control i usually have more possession. One thing i did notice was a slight exception to this rule when the skill level is on professional, seems the cpu has more at that level its just the damn defenders will not tackle they just run along side the attackers.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.