Home
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 News Post

The PES 14 demo is available now for Xbox 360 users (queue it up here), weighing in at 1.8 GB.
  • 5 minutes per half (Non-adjustable)
  • You can change your gameplan
  • You can choose Allianz Arena or Konami Stadium
  • You can choose day or night match
  • You can choose summer or winter match
  • You can set difficulty (Beginner, Amateur, Regular, Professional, Top Player, Super Star)
  • You can set the number of substitutions (0-6)
Teams available in the demo are listed below.
  • FC Bayern München
  • Santos FC
  • Manchester United
  • Colo-Colo
  • Boca Juniors
  • England
  • Germany
  • Italy
  • Spain
  • France
  • Portugal
You can also try out the performance training to learn skills and techniques.

Game: Pro Evolution Soccer 2014Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 0 - View All
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 4EverBlowingBubbles @ 09/11/13 04:08 PM
Has anybody been able to score a header from a cross? My strikers still won't jump. Is it about timing? Which button should I press?

# 82 LingeringRegime @ 09/11/13 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverBlowingBubbles
Has anybody been able to score a header from a cross? My strikers still won't jump. Is it about timing? Which button should I press?
It used to be square and you have to time the press as the ball reaches the players head.

So far I haven't been able to score from a header.

# 83 Krebstar @ 09/11/13 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveeee
Edit Mode
There will be unlimited slots available for emblems, 3rd and 4th are also kits available
Ability to import logos to shirt sleeves, shorts and socks
This right here has me so excited.

Now I just want to know how many team slots we have.

# 84 dubcity @ 09/11/13 06:28 PM
After further analysis, maybe fouls aren't as bad as I originally thought. I've been able to get fouled a few times by knocking the ball straight ahead as a defender closes down. There still seems to be an issue with the refs calling fouls when my player gets grabbed after he stops, turns and kicks the ball into space, though. If those would get called, I would be okay with fouls overall. The impact engine seems to be allowing for plenty of bad tackles, unlike FIFA, so I have some hope.

edit: wow, I just noticed that more people are viewing the PES forum than the FIFA forum. I've never seen that before.

# 85 rckabillyRaider @ 09/11/13 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
This right here has me so excited.

Now I just want to know how many team slots we have.
If I recall correctly, they announced 3 top division fake leagues and one d2 league.

# 86 RoyceDa59 @ 09/11/13 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
If I recall correctly, they announced 3 top division fake leagues and one d2 league.
Does that include the already fake ones added like English League and the Portuguese League? Would love to see someone add a Russian league, Ukraine league or MLS. Of course the Bundesliga would have to be a given.

# 87 dubcity @ 09/11/13 07:42 PM
Okay, after playing about 40-50 matches, here's what I think:

This could be the soccer game that we've been waiting for. I've finally figured out the controls, and this is key. After whining about possession stats for so long, I've finally figured it out. I just played about 10 matches in a row as England vs France, attempting to play in a conservative, "safety first" underdog type of style. Playing for the draw, or whatever you want to call it. Each time I ended with 40% or less possession.

And I wasn't playing sloppy or just giving the ball away. I was playing realistically. Kicking the ball to midfield every time my keeper had the ball, clearing it away in from my own 1/3 instead of being stupid and attempting short passes, and keeping the CPU at midfield as best I could using the jockey and tackle commands.

You can legitimately play to the style you want, and the game will fit it. If you want to play arcade style, you can do that and it will work. If you want to play a simulation style, you can do that too. I can't wait for the full game.

# 88 spartansocc12 @ 09/11/13 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity

This could be the soccer game that we've been waiting for. I've finally figured out the controls, and this is key. After whining about possession stats for so long, I've finally figured it out. I just played about 10 matches in a row as England vs France, attempting to play in a conservative, "safety first" underdog type of style. Playing for the draw, or whatever you want to call it. Each time I ended with 40% or less possession.

And I wasn't playing sloppy or just giving the ball away. I was playing realistically. Kicking the ball to midfield every time my keeper had the ball, clearing it away in from my own 1/3 instead of being stupid and attempting short passes, and keeping the CPU at midfield as best I could using the jockey and tackle commands.

You can legitimately play to the style you want, and the game will fit it. If you want to play arcade style, you can do that and it will work. If you want to play a simulation style, you can do that too. I can't wait for the full game.

There has to be a reason for you to have to play conservatively when necessary and do the things you describe. If you want to play possession, the game needs to force you to be good at it where mistakes will be punished. Last year it felt as if I could easily hold possession while passing it around without any real plan or conviction just for the sake of holding possession especially in my own end. In the demo, when trying to play this way, eventually the CPU will force you into a compromising position and force errors that directly lead to clear scoring opportunities.

This is refreshing because now it makes sense to try to play long or direct balls up the field. These passes might not work all the time, but the risks of playing this way are much lower than trying to play possession.

The possession style in 2013 was so overpowering and easy to pull off on the hardest difficulty that it made little sense to play differently.

# 89 RoyceDa59 @ 09/11/13 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity

It really takes plenty of matches to really see the game shine and really getting use to the controls. I just started getting the CPU to draw more fouls had drawn 3 in one match, one of them was a penalty. Speaking of penalties, they really have improved as well. I love the camera angle they use for it.

# 90 dubcity @ 09/11/13 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartansocc12
The possession style in 2013 was so overpowering and easy to pull off on the hardest difficulty that it made little sense to play differently.
Yeah, I've been playing 2013 to compare the two with different styles of play, and it's just completely different. It was literally impossible for me to not keep the ball less than 45% of the time in 2013, and when I would play this defensive style of play the CPU would end up with an unrealistic number of scoring chances. Now I can actually have a shot against the CPU, even when they have 60%-70% possession, a la Celtic vs Barca.

# 91 rckabillyRaider @ 09/11/13 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Does that include the already fake ones added like English League and the Portuguese League? Would love to see someone add a Russian league, Ukraine league or MLS. Of course the Bundesliga would have to be a given.
I'm thinking it's not including those. Also, not sure how true this is but Wikipedia has the J-League being available to everyone via patch this year and not exclusive to Japan.

# 92 RoyceDa59 @ 09/11/13 09:34 PM
Just had any awesome match with England (me) vs. Portugal that ended 0-0. Ended up switching their formation to a 4-2-3-1 with Welbeck and Walcott on the wing, also shame Kyle Walker or Wilshere isn't on the demo. Any who, never thought I would have fun playing the Long Ball with England. I actually had clear chances to score especially one where we were able to swarm C. Ronaldo to lose possession and a played a sweet long ball from Gary Cahill to Rooney on the break for a 1-on-1 situation but the keeper saved it.

Also lost the possession battle 39% to 61% which shocked me because I did not feel like I was being dominated by Portugal. By playing the long ball tactic it kept us very safe from their counter attacks so they had to work for their shots at goal. Overall, very fun match really really excited for this years PES because every match is so different and exciting in its own way.

# 93 RoyceDa59 @ 09/11/13 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
I'm thinking it's not including those. Also, not sure how true this is but Wikipedia has the J-League being available to everyone via patch this year and not exclusive to Japan.
Interesting, I also saw that all 32 teams will be included in the UEFA Champions League as well as all 48 Europa League teams will also be there as well, very interesting don't exactly know how true that is. The Champions League part could be believable but I have a hard time for the Europa League part. Does that mean we being seeing Cypriot teams for the first time in PES officially?

# 94 LingeringRegime @ 09/11/13 10:41 PM
Man. I hope J-League will be included. With the licensing issues that PES has the more they can get the better.

# 95 slthree @ 09/11/13 11:53 PM
Am I missing something because I can't find a way to change the game speed?

# 96 Krebstar @ 09/12/13 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
Am I missing something because I can't find a way to change the game speed?
It's not included in the demo, at least on the PS3. But it's in the full game.

It was of course in the leaked demo. Silly Komani.

# 97 slthree @ 09/12/13 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
It's not included in the demo, at least on the PS3. But it's in the full game.

It was of course in the leaked demo. Silly Komani.
That's great news.

As long as its still adjustable, I don't mind waiting until retail

Thanks

# 98 kennytomson @ 09/12/13 06:38 AM
will the full retail game have more camera options than the demo?

# 99 RoyceDa59 @ 09/12/13 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennytomson
will the full retail game have more camera options than the demo?
I want to say yes because they will at least have the pro cam for the Be a Legend mode.

# 100 Krebstar @ 09/12/13 08:36 AM
Someone on Evo-Web figured out the heading issue. You must release the pass or shoot button before the ball touches the player. Tried it out and it works perfect. Different than past years, but after a few goes you get used to it and you'll see players jumping and heading like they should be.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.