Home
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 News Post

The PES 14 demo is available now for Xbox 360 users (queue it up here), weighing in at 1.8 GB.
  • 5 minutes per half (Non-adjustable)
  • You can change your gameplan
  • You can choose Allianz Arena or Konami Stadium
  • You can choose day or night match
  • You can choose summer or winter match
  • You can set difficulty (Beginner, Amateur, Regular, Professional, Top Player, Super Star)
  • You can set the number of substitutions (0-6)
Teams available in the demo are listed below.
  • FC Bayern München
  • Santos FC
  • Manchester United
  • Colo-Colo
  • Boca Juniors
  • England
  • Germany
  • Italy
  • Spain
  • France
  • Portugal
You can also try out the performance training to learn skills and techniques.

Game: Pro Evolution Soccer 2014Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 0 - View All
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 dubcity @ 09/12/13 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillzlikewhoa12
Is anyone having trouble performing feints while dribbling?

I try to dribble with Ronaldo and Nani (two world class feinters) and they perform zero moves and keep getting dispossessed...
I haven't been able to figure those out either. I'm assuming the controls are different than last year, because I have no idea how to do running Matthews feints or any of stationary skills. They've been changing the controls yearly on some of this stuff.

# 142 RoyceDa59 @ 09/12/13 10:10 PM
Mother of.... just got dominated by Spain while using Germany it ended 0-0 but they had 72% to my measly 28% that has never happened to me ever in a footy game. On a positive note I think I found the perfect tactic sliders for Spain. Played 4 matches against them using my slider adjustments and three out of four matches they held 60% or more of the possession, one match they only held 56%.

# 143 Krebstar @ 09/12/13 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Mother of.... just got dominated by Spain while using Germany it ended 0-0 but they had 72% to my measly 28% that has never happened to me ever in a footy game. On a positive note I think I found the perfect tactic sliders for Spain. Played 4 matches against them using my slider adjustments and three out of four matches they held 60% or more of the possession, one match they only held 56%.
I've missed something. How can you edit the AI tactics in the demo?

# 144 RoyceDa59 @ 09/12/13 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
I've missed something. How can you edit the AI tactics in the demo?
Easy, there are two ways to do it. One is to have a second controller have it be 2P and switch the tactics before the match starts. Second, is go to select sides before a match starts and switch to the CPU team and switch their tactics that way. Also deleting all the combination plays helps too. All teams in the demo have the same three combination plays, hopefully it isn't like that in the full game. I gave Spain two instead of three and switched one to Diagonal Run kept Hold Up play but moved it to the middle of the pitch.

# 145 slthree @ 09/12/13 11:30 PM
To draw fouls:

R2 for controlled dribble and do a simple step over or change direction or a dead stop, all while being closed down by a defender obviously

# 146 4EverBlowingBubbles @ 09/12/13 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveeee
This is my first goal I scored playing on full manual controls .. I think I will stick with these controls for awhile

Nice shot, mate. At the moment I'm still struggling to get my shots on target using full manual controls but I gotta say the more you play this game the better it gets. It's so engaging once you start getting the hang of the controls. I see now why casual gamers or FIFA players could be easily turned off by PES 14. There are so many layers here. It is certainly not an easy game to pick up and play.

I just finished playing the best match I've ever played in a football game in a very very long time. I was using Boca Juniors against Italy. What a match! It had me on the edge of my seat the whole game. We were down 2-0 at halftime. I literally screamed "goal!" the moment I managed to score. No other football game has made me feel like that before.

# 147 bukktown @ 09/13/13 01:10 AM
The locomotion and animation engines in this game are the best I've ever seen in a sports game.

# 148 dubcity @ 09/13/13 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
To draw fouls:

R2 for controlled dribble and do a simple step over or change direction or a dead stop, all while being closed down by a defender obviously
I don't know, I think they kind of ruined that close dribbling last year when they added sideways dribbling with that hideous ball-roll motion. I miss the PES 2012 (and earlier) era slow-dribble sideways move that was like a more realistic version of FIFAs precision dribbling (LT+RT on Xbox).

# 149 slthree @ 09/13/13 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
I don't know, I think they kind of ruined that close dribbling last year when they added sideways dribbling with that hideous ball-roll motion. I miss the PES 2012 (and earlier) era slow-dribble sideways move that was like a more realistic version of FIFAs precision dribbling (LT+RT on Xbox).
Yeah, It may look ugly to some (it doesn't bother me) but its effective in drawing fouls, and in that, its very realistic

# 150 KG @ 09/13/13 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
I haven't been able to figure those out either. I'm assuming the controls are different than last year, because I have no idea how to do running Matthews feints or any of stationary skills. They've been changing the controls yearly on some of this stuff.
It might have to do with "auto-feint" being turned on by default.

Konami really should have opened up the entire Training Mode. With the changes made to locomotion and dribbling it would have been helpful to get a chance to learn the controls better without having to play a match.

# 151 EvanRG @ 09/13/13 08:24 AM
I played a game last night and LOVED how it felt. The possession mismatch is still a bit annoying, but I think I'm coming back to PES this year!

# 152 DBMcGee3 @ 09/13/13 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
It might have to do with "auto-feint" being turned on by default.

Konami really should have opened up the entire Training Mode. With the changes made to locomotion and dribbling it would have been helpful to get a chance to learn the controls better without having to play a match.
That's exactly what it is I'll bet. Someone posted a brief controls tutorial by Weedens, in which he mentioned turning off the auto feints. As soon as I did, I started getting better responses with the RS, although they have definitely changed things around a bit.

And yes, they really should have given us either the full tutorial or a free training mode to practice dribbling. I've just played the last few games on Beginner to give myself plenty of ball possession and space to dick around with the controls.

This game finally grabbed me last night, not sure what it was. I just suddenly started appreciating the animations more, and I had a few nice, really organic feeling goals which is what I'm looking for most. Hopefully the full release will not suffer from the slight framerate issues or the lack of fouls, those are really my only 2 complaints.

# 153 Qb @ 09/13/13 10:03 AM
Played a few matches last night on professional difficulty. Wow, does this game look good. As always with this series, the controls are nuanced, and as someone who hasn't played a lot of PES of late (skipped 13 entirely), I struggled in tight quarters. Perhaps some of it was because I was a little awestruck at how much the animations are improved, not to mention some pretty damn good player models & faces.

I'll probably hold off for a while, possibly as late as Christmas, to see how option files and such shake out. Does anyone know if PS3 OFs will still be region-specific?

# 154 RoyceDa59 @ 09/13/13 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Played a few matches last night on professional difficulty. Wow, does this game look good. As always with this series, the controls are nuanced, and as someone who hasn't played a lot of PES of late (skipped 13 entirely), I struggled in tight quarters. Perhaps some of it was because I was a little awestruck at how much the animations are improved, not to mention some pretty damn good player models & faces.

I'll probably hold off for a while, possibly as late as Christmas, to see how option files and such shake out. Does anyone know if PS3 OFs will still be region-specific?
Good to see you tried it out Qb and to answer your question I think OF are still region-specific but DBMcGee3 provided a site pesuniverse.com and they make their OF available for all regions.

# 155 DIESEL @ 09/13/13 12:20 PM
As many others have stated this is a completely different game once you start to understand the controls.

I was playing PES 2013 up until last week and this is a completely new experience. As much as I am loving the game I don't know if I could recommend it to someone who just wants to pick up and play. I probably have played about 30 or 40 demo games and I feel I've only scratched the surface of understanding the depth of the controls.

# 156 melandlaurel @ 09/13/13 12:27 PM
I know me...I have to have this on PC for the mods...that community is so robust, they turn PES into a different experience, one I can't have on my USA X360. That said, I've been playing the demo, and the controls feel slightly sluggish...can't pinpoint it, but I feel player movement is a quarter-second behind my desire to move them and subsequent controller input. Something to get used to, or demo dynamic that will change with the gold build? We will see.

# 157 LingeringRegime @ 09/13/13 01:49 PM
Don't know if this has been posted here but these are some impressions from someone (at another forum) who has spent some time with the retail version.

Evidently some people have the game already in South America.

So we should start to hear more soon.

http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/show...ostcount=14425

Quote:
Guys, another day at the office, but some quick impressions about yesterday with the game:

MODES:

- Libertadores Mode is a blast, south american football ambience everywere, the crowd, the fireworks, the chants. Sadly almost all the matches are on one of konami's fake stadium, for local and visit matches. At least for little teams.

- Training Mode is very very enjoyable and deep, it allows you to learn all the new things of the game very very well, it's very addicting to, when you complete the objective of a session, you keep it playing again.

- New Latin America commentaries (Argentinians and Chileans), are just like the broadcast here in south america, so alive and real, and with a lot of passion. They put you more in the game.

- About edit mode, i did a quick view, and it seems that every unlicensed team you can edit completly, so is just a matter of time for the modders to full licence them.

GAMEPLAY:

- Definitely is more polished than the demo, no "ketchup" bug, you must to tap R1 to run, but you must to be smart, because it' like a little burst of speed, and it's matter of ability, because defence can do it to, and they can push you with their body ( running with L and movin R directly to the attacker direction.) So you must run smartly to fool the defender.

- There's a lot of times that you are running, but then you have to stop because the defender is almost there, and you must do some dribbling or feint, to fool him. A lot of one on one battle between attacker and defender, in every part of the field. Sometimes it's 1 against 2, and when you achieve to pass them is the best feeling in the world. And the crow cheers for things like that!

- GK. OMG, i think i saw at least 12 new animations of saves just yesterday, with foot a lot, one hand against low balls too. I'm very impressed that low stats keepers at least from libertadores teams, they do a very good job.

# 158 pk500 @ 09/13/13 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveeee
sprinting away from a defender is possible..

This guy's series of videos on PES 2014 is outstanding. Recommended viewing.

# 159 4EverBlowingBubbles @ 09/13/13 03:15 PM
Game's looking pretty good. Can't wait to get my hands on the retail version.

# 160 4EverBlowingBubbles @ 09/13/13 03:47 PM
Does anyone know if this will get a day one xbox live digital release?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.