Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports will continue to release NBA 2K14 player ratings until the game is shipped. We will update this post as they are revealed.
  • Russell Westbrook (91)
  • Anthony Bennett (76)
  • Pau Gasol (81)
  • Evan Turner (76)
  • Jared Dudley (73)
  • Chris Johnson (66)
  • Ben McLemore (72)
  • Carmelo Anthony (92)
  • Monta Ellis (82)
  • Nerlens Noel (72)
  • Peyton Siva (67)
  • John Wall (85)
  • Kevin Durant (94)
  • LeBron James (99)
  • Roy Hibbert (81)
  • Victor Oladipo (76)
  • Paul George (88)
  • Cody Zeller (68)
  • Brook Lopez (81)
  • Derrick Rose (92)
  • Jamal Crawford (80)
  • Otto Porter (74)
  • Steph Curry (88)
  • Trey Burke (73)
  • Mario Chalmers (76)
  • C.J. McCollum (73)
  • James Harden (89)
  • Harrison Barnes (76)
  • Mason Plumlee (61)
  • Rajon Rondo (90)
  • Klay Thompson (76)
  • Steven Adams (58)
  • Steve Nash (81)
  • Marc Gasol (83)
  • Giannis Adetokunbo (60)
  • Shane Larkin (71)
  • Kobe Bryant (93)
  • Glen Davis (75)
  • Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (71)
  • Chris Paul (94)
  • Anthony Davis (80)
  • Dion Waiters (77)
  • Blake Griffin (85)
  • Ray Allen (80)
  • Eric Bledsoe (82)
  • Dwyane Wade (92)
  • Brandon Jennings (83)
  • Iman Shumpert (82)
  • Tony Parker (87)
  • Mike Kidd-Gilchrist (78)
  • Metta World Peace (74)
  • Rudy Gay (86)
  • Jeremy Lin (76)
  • Dirk Nowitzki (84)
Player ratings will fluctuate based off of performance via Dynamic Living Rosters. They will be completely dependent on real-life performances.

Dynamic Living Rosters will affect individual ratings (shot attributes, block, steal, rebound, etc.) daily based on performance.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 301 MoultonHawk @ 09/18/13 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Roy Hibbert a 81 Really???
Gasol is an 81 too. Big guys don't get the love.

# 302 basketball444 @ 09/18/13 11:47 PM
Iman Shumpert at 82 is a joke. Good thing they are using a different rating system that will expose him for the scrub he is.

# 303 MarvinOida @ 09/19/13 01:23 AM
I love how we are all arguing about overalls. The formula for OVR could be anything, but watching people judging how the players are overvalued/undervalued based off OVR is entertaining.

The only reason OVR is there is just for a universal rating that people can use to reference the best without having need to be in depth and actual scout everyone's rating. There's advantages/disadvantages to having an overall. Advantages are you can see the level the game sets them out to be, disadvantages are they aren't in-depth/always completely accurate/effect the game so much even though it shouldn't.

But we [should] know that these factors always boosts OVR:
-Position (SG: Easiest to 99, C: Hardest to 99)
-Offensive/Defensive Awareness
-Speed/Quickness
-Shooting

Anything else really doesn't add much in terms of getting a higher overall, but if you take a stock created SG player, boost both awareness to 99, I recall that get them to mid 70s. Don't quote me on that fact, but the thing is with me is I hate when we judge off overall vs. "Why is Melos Steal at __, when he only has averaged __ steals per game."

Tap Tap Tapatalking away from my iPhone

# 304 AuburnAlumni @ 09/19/13 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Roy Hibbert a 81 Really???
I hope you aren't implying it should be LOWER. Because...it shouldn't.

# 305 basketball444 @ 09/19/13 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOK3Y
LOL! Boy you cray!!

Just remember one thing, defense wins championships and that kid is one of the best up and coming young perimeter defensive players in the whole league you best check yourself.
Granted he will never win a ring with the current Knicks, but he will one day most probably when he goes home to the Bulls.
Mark my words boy!

The only reason his Overall is so high is probably because of his high Defensive Awareness and his athletic ability which will ultimately greatly raise his overall in 2k.

The rating system BTW will work in his favor because JR is out for the Knicks for a while and that will mean more minutes for young Shump Shump in a year where he is expected to breakout.

Besides young Shump is a better player than anybody on the entire Jazz roster lol mad much?
Nah he is actually a very overrated defender. Check the Synergy stats. He ranks 195 overall and is especially not very good in isolation and spot up situations. Let's not forget he shoots an awful 39% fg range. The only thing he has going for him right now is athleticism because he is not very good at anything else. I know overalls shouldn't matter but a below average player like Iman Shumpert should be no where near 82. Like I said the new rating system is based on stats therefor he will be exposed for the scrub that he is sorry it's just the truth.

# 306 mythreesons @ 09/19/13 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisxsong
Because he still put up 21 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists per game on 52% shooting from the field.

I don't get why people act like Wade is a scrub now just cause he's not the MVP caliber player he once was.
Wade is a 92 because his PER (Player Efficiency Rating) is 24.0 and seventh in the league. Better than Westbrook, better than Kobe, better than Parker and better than Harden. Like the previous post said he still puts up 21-5-5.

Lebron is tops (in PER) at 31.6, then Durant (28.3), CP3 (26.4) and Melo (24.8). Of the Big-3 on Miami, Wade has had to make the biggest adjustment. Some of his slippage is due to age, but a huge part is him taken a side seat so that Lebron could lead the team. He is still one of the best in the game and the 92 is warranted.

# 307 JasonMartin @ 09/19/13 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by and1product
But in real life Lebron is cheese. You can't really guard that guy.

You can guard him but the refs don't call offensive fouls on him, so there you go.

# 308 JasonMartin @ 09/19/13 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythreesons
Wade is a 92 because his PER (Player Efficiency Rating) is 24.0 and seventh in the league. Better than Westbrook, better than Kobe, better than Parker and better than Harden. Like the previous post said he still puts up 21-5-5.

Wade still puts up pretty good numbers but when you see NBA 2K14-Wade play he will be putting up 27-35 ppg which is unrealistic. He'll do things he isn't doing IRL anymore.

So there you go, overall ratings are just flawed.

# 309 Bwnarrow3 @ 09/19/13 07:20 PM
How does Marc Gasol, one of the best centers in the league last year, if not the best, get an 83 and Howard gets a 90 smh.

# 310 Bwnarrow3 @ 09/19/13 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
Is this due to people wanting to overrate him due to him picking on a weak Miami frontcourt? Until he proves that series was more than just a matchup issue he's fine where he's at.
Hibbert anchored the BEST defense in the NBA last year, he deserves higher than an 81...

# 311 detriotpistonfan @ 09/19/13 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketball444
Nah he is actually a very overrated defender. Check the Synergy stats. He ranks 195 overall and is especially not very good in isolation and spot up situations. Let's not forget he shoots an awful 39% fg range. The only thing he has going for him right now is athleticism because he is not very good at anything else. I know overalls shouldn't matter but a below average player like Iman Shumpert should be no where near 82. Like I said the new rating system is based on stats therefor he will be exposed for the scrub that he is sorry it's just the truth.
Players with good relationships with Ronnie2K seem to get the benefit of the doubt. See Paul George and Iman. Both overrated by 2k.

# 312 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 09/20/13 09:52 AM
I haven't been paying attention to the ratings with GTA coming out, but holy **** I can't believe Siva is a 67. Guy is barely an NBA-caliber player, and he's 1 point lower than the 4th overall pick lol. Obviously different positions and it's just their overall ratings, but if that isn't overrated, I don't know what is.

# 313 stillfeelme @ 09/20/13 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
I haven't been paying attention to the ratings with GTA coming out, but holy **** I can't believe Siva is a 67. Guy is barely an NBA-caliber player, and he's 1 point lower than the 4th overall pick lol. Obviously different positions and it's just their overall ratings, but if that isn't overrated, I don't know what is.
I would take them with a grain of salt. I think he is getting dinged for not being a great defender in the post and strength. IMO Zeller is not a NBA center at least full time. I bet they have him at center where he really will be a stretch 4 with the Bobcats. He is not going to block a lot shots and is not a good finisher with contact. He doesn't play like a 7 fter in the paint at times. When I watch him he reminds me of a SF trapped in a 7 foot body. He didn't shoot plenty of mid range jumpers in college but that is supposed to be one of his best skills. I think he will get upgraded once he proves he can make jump shots. He did look good in the summer league though and I actually think he will turn out good at the 4.

Post defense Low
Strength Low
Blocking Low to average
Post offense average he does have a good spin move
Rebounding Low to average
Speed high
dribbling above average
agility high
hustle high

# 314 Quigley2324 @ 09/21/13 12:11 AM
Really 2K? I thought they figured out how to spell Giannis' last name back in June. IT'S ANTETOKOUNMPO DAMMIT LEARN HOW TO SPELL!

# 315 Steve_OS @ 09/21/13 01:55 PM
Added to the OP.

Tony Parker (87)
Mike Kidd-Gilchrist (78)
Metta World Peace (74)

# 316 Bwnarrow3 @ 09/21/13 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice123
He should be a 78 at the most. That guy sucked during the season when he was actually playing big men. Only averaged 11 and 8 during the season. Only looked good against Miami because he was being guarded by guys like half a foot shorter than him. 7'2 and you can't average double digit rebounds?? Come on.
Lmao this is the dumbest **** I've ever heard. Roy anchored what was literally the leagues best defense last year. In a league where buckets at the rim are infinitely more valuable than any other shot attempt, having a center who can consistently protect the rim and keep opponents fearful of driving the lane on each possession is overwhelmingly important. Roy also stayed on the floor longer than he has in his career in the playoffs and stayed healthy overall...

A 78 rating for roy hibbert is absurd come on man

# 317 Colts18 @ 09/22/13 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
I love how we are all arguing about overalls. The formula for OVR could be anything, but watching people judging how the players are overvalued/undervalued based off OVR is entertaining.

The only reason OVR is there is just for a universal rating that people can use to reference the best without having need to be in depth and actual scout everyone's rating. There's advantages/disadvantages to having an overall. Advantages are you can see the level the game sets them out to be, disadvantages are they aren't in-depth/always completely accurate/effect the game so much even though it shouldn't.

But we [should] know that these factors always boosts OVR:
-Position (SG: Easiest to 99, C: Hardest to 99)
-Offensive/Defensive Awareness
-Speed/Quickness
-Shooting

Anything else really doesn't add much in terms of getting a higher overall, but if you take a stock created SG player, boost both awareness to 99, I recall that get them to mid 70s. Don't quote me on that fact, but the thing is with me is I hate when we judge off overall vs. "Why is Melos Steal at __, when he only has averaged __ steals per game."

Tap Tap Tapatalking away from my iPhone
Please read this everyone.

# 318 Steve_OS @ 09/22/13 12:30 PM
Updated OP.

Rudy Gay (86)
Jeremy Lin (76)
Dirk Nowitzki (84)

# 319 Mario210 @ 09/22/13 01:42 PM
Surprised harden isn't a 90 and wade is a 92 really??

# 320 thedream2k13 @ 09/22/13 10:00 PM
MKG is a 78??????? how offensive skill and yet his individual ratings add up to that ? Oh well. Lin struggled from 3pt line and still got overall 76 but i am more interested in Beverlys defensive stats as well as if he has the "lockdown" sig

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.