Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Ronnie has just posted another quick NBA 2K14 video, via his Instagram account, showing off a Vince Carter dunk with celebrations.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Deck @ 09/11/13 05:25 PM
With that cyberface I barely recognized VC Lol

Edit: I'm also not picky with gear but Carter has been using a sleeve on his left hand only + a headband. Also a beard/goatee is missing !

# 2 ffaacc03 @ 09/11/13 05:30 PM
I do like the bench reaction ... would have loved to see it from a different camera as well, like from broadcast or sideline, just to see it all hapening in motion, to see the degree of syncronization and maybe the crowd reaction too.

P.S:
I just think that this could have very well be a part of an indepth presentation dev insight.

# 3 Goffs @ 09/11/13 05:33 PM
Out of all the celebrations they chose that one?!?! WTF RONNIE?!

Here's his SIG celebration 2k13 btw

# 4 tommyboii2008 @ 09/11/13 05:50 PM
Who cares about Vince Carter any more??!!

# 5 and1product @ 09/11/13 05:55 PM
And yet again they do not update vince carters beard.

# 6 Phreezy P @ 09/11/13 06:01 PM
Sorry for the caps but WAIT FOR THE BEARD ON NEXT GEN! JESUS! IF IT ISN'T CLEAR TO YOU GUYS THAT THE ART IS CHANGING FOR NEXT GEN THEN Y'ALL NEED TO GET YOUR HEADS CHECKED.

# 7 Eman5805 @ 09/11/13 06:16 PM
I don't think anyone is getting a real graphical overhaul. All that money went into the PS4 and Xbone versions.

Save for a few, I mean. Besides, all this junk on his beard, what if he shaves tomorrow?

# 8 juicey79 @ 09/11/13 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airaron32
Sorry for the caps but WAIT FOR THE BEARD ON NEXT GEN! JESUS! IF IT ISN'T CLEAR TO YOU GUYS THAT THE ART IS CHANGING FOR NEXT GEN THEN Y'ALL NEED TO GET YOUR HEADS CHECKED.
I sure hope so...maybe that's what they meant by next gen will offer a different game play experience.
But they deffinitely put the focus on retuning and refining gameplay.
I'm still going to buy both versions...but a demo date would be nice to know at this point

# 9 yungsta404 @ 09/11/13 06:41 PM
When I saw the thread title I was expecting his signature motorcycle dance not some generic arm crossing.

# 10 Phreezy P @ 09/11/13 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BADBOYS3
how can something you have no information about be "clear"?
They literally can't use the old CF's from previous gen. And there is information in the Next Gen trailer.

# 11 KyotoCarl @ 09/11/13 06:48 PM
Wow, not one positive post in this thread...
2K's marketing departement is really slacking this year. It's gonna pick up when they start doing next gen stuff though. I hope at least...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

# 12 VDusen04 @ 09/11/13 06:56 PM
With respect, I am unsure as to what to make of this short clip. What is its meaning? Is that a custom Vince Carter celebration? I do not recall him making such a gesture. It would seem a small clip like this would be employed to showcase specific and minute details. Instead, it unfortunately just draws attention to the strange Carter celebration, his lack of beardness, and incorrect accessories.

On the flip side, had this clip been footage of Carter wearing accurate accessories (with accurate accessory color), rocking a beard & headband, and revving it up after a signature dunk, I think that would have caught some folks' attention.

# 13 youvalss @ 09/11/13 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Wow, not one positive post in this thread...
2K's marketing departement is really slacking this year. It's gonna pick up when they start doing next gen stuff though. I hope at least...
Nahh, I have a feeling it's on purpose. The less they hype current gen (but still make you buy it, and I'm sure it'll still sell), the more different/improved the next-gen version will seem. As good as current gen may be, they don't want to hype it, so you get even more hyped over next-gen. Psychology...?

Plus, they may release some comparison videos showing how wrong some things were done on current gen, compared to the real deal on next-gen. If they do that, they can't really hype something and then after a couple of weeks tell people it's lacking.

But we'll see... All speculations for now...

# 14 VDusen04 @ 09/11/13 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Nahh, I have a feeling it's on purpose. The less they hype current gen (but still make you buy it, and I'm sure it'll still sell), the more different/improved the next-gen version will seem. As good as current gen may be, they don't want to hype it, so you get even more hyped over next-gen. Psychology...?
Ha, I was just about to edit my post and say something like that, but I thought it sounded ridiculous so I didn't. It honestly feels as though 2K is trying to undersell the current generation as much as possible so as to create a wider divide between current and next generation. I know that's not what's happening, but the updates, teasers and reveals have been so mundane to this point that I cannot help reaching for reasons why.

Release concrete and thorough information about NBA 2K14 on current generation?

# 15 Gramps91 @ 09/11/13 07:03 PM
I must be like the least pickiest person here. I know he's missing a beard and it's a little irritating but I mean it still looks pretty solid to me.

# 16 youvalss @ 09/11/13 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Ha, I was just about to edit my post and say something like that, but I thought it sounded ridiculous so I didn't. It honestly feels as though 2K is trying to undersell the current generation as much as possible so as to create a wider divide between current and next generation. I know that's not what's happening, but the updates, teasers and reveals have been so mundane to this point that I cannot help reaching for reasons why.

Release concrete and thorough information about NBA 2K14 on current generation?

Even if I didn't agree I would have "Liked" your comment. Any Airplane video gets a "Like" from me.

# 17 KyotoCarl @ 09/11/13 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss

Plus, they may release some comparison videos showing how wrong some things were done on current gen, compared to the real deal on next-gen. If they do that, they can't really hype something and then after a couple of weeks tell people it's lacking.

But we'll see... All speculations for now...
Very good point. I've been thinking that as well.
The gameplay we've seen from 14 looks great and definetly improved but the small tidbits we've gotten, like this one, has been underwhelming.

I believe in your theory. They're planning to blow us away with the next gen version, and I really hope they do.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

# 18 JasonWilliams55 @ 09/11/13 07:12 PM
Next Gen is the only thing that matters when it comes to a marketing perspective, as that is where your only competition is.

Current Gen will sell right at or slightly over 4M (million) copies, regardless imo. Why? Cause its the only option for everyone who has CG consoles. Next Gen consoles won't have the #s to allow everyone to upgrade right away and we will have to wait and see how it pans out still.

I fully expect 2K to bombard us w/ NG info as soon as they can in order to crush skulls and stomp throats of their only competitor.

# 19 NINJAK2 @ 09/11/13 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airaron32
Lol..If it isn't clear to you that 2k can indeed update players on current gen..yes I said current gen (Go see Manu, bellinelli, Cole, Shumpert as proof in 2k14) then maybe you should get your head checked. Stop making excuses for them. People should not be expected to go out and spend $400-$500 to get some up to date face scans..jeesh. People aren't expecting current gen to look like the E3 next gen reveal but they can put in some new faces for those that need them on this gen as they've shown that in my previous examples(What is it year 3 for vince without a beard?). This isn't going to make me not buy the game but let's not act like what people are complaining about is asking too much.

# 20 tedus @ 09/11/13 08:41 PM
It's awful !! I'm the big fan of VC! He does not do this celebration in game!BTW the pregame movement of carter is always wrong ! He grab the net up and down, not hang on the rim.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.