Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports has confirmed the details for NBA 2K14 "CREWS" mode. Unfortunately, it's not all good news for CREW fans.

Quote:
Your gameday attire will be reflected on your MyPLAYER during matches. Games can be either 3v3 on half-court, or 5v5 on full-court. These will be played on a blacktop court to reflect the pick-up game style of basketball. The games will be to 21.

Source - Crews in NBA 2K14

NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 redsfan4life @ 09/14/13 02:20 AM
This is an absolute sham. Sorry but I call it like I see it. Total joke.

# 102 Melbournelad @ 09/14/13 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
No offense to you association guys, but at least you still have the mode.

Like I said I wouldn't even care if they released the Crew Mode from 2K10.

Sh*t I would pay them $20 extra and download it as some DLC at this point.

I hope for improvements in association too, maybe then I'd play it again but when you take out a mode so many people played and re-brand it as this garbage? Just take it and leave it out.
True, but association of the last five years is to association players what 2k14 crew is to crew players.

# 103 HowDareI @ 09/14/13 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
Exactly. Thats why I said there's a struggle on what to focus on the most to produce a product loved equally by many. That's why I understand that 2K14 CG will not be the Crew game, but NG could.

Tap Tap Tapatalking away from my iPhone
Honestly it's so simple....I don't have a 4 or 6 year (whatever it is) degree in game programming but all they had to do was take 2K13's gameplay...

then fix the problems with association, bring crew back how we asked, and work on minor things like some animations and accessory and jersey problems. Add on some things to My Team and My Player...I mean, I doubt many people would be too upset with that.

But like I said and you said, maybe next-gen did that...who knows?

All we know at this point is we're left with a ticked off community that wants improvements in the MODES not the GAMEPLAY.

# 104 MarvinOida @ 09/14/13 02:26 AM
Quote:
Honestly it's so simple....I don't have a 4 or 6 year (whatever it is) degree in game programming but all they had to do was take 2K13's gameplay...

then fix the problems with association, bring crew back how we asked, and work on minor things like some animations and accessory and jersey problems. Add on some things to My Team and My Player...I mean, I doubt many people would be too upset with that.

But like I said and you said, maybe next-gen did that...who knows?

All we know at this point is we're left with a ticked off community that wants improvements in the MODES not the GAMEPLAY.
Then you would have a ticked off community that wants improvements in the GAMEPLAY not the MODES.

See where I'm going with this? CG is at this point, near to its end in terms of overhauls and adding the biggest of things, while NG will be the hope where EVERYONE can be happy with EVERYTHING. GTA V requires 8 GB of HDD on 360 just to play the game.

25 GB (NG) > 9 GB (CG.) That makes no excuse for us to not see everything we want now.

# 105 HowDareI @ 09/14/13 02:31 AM
Quote:
Then you would have a ticked off community that wants improvements in the GAMEPLAY not the MODES.

I'd say the gameplay in 13 was pretty good tho, which is why I would say to devote time to the modes that really need the attention.

Think about GTA, they added more attention to how big the map is, and all the added extra features over the core gameplay...I mean yea, they tweaked shooting and driving but for the most part you want the story and to see the map.

If 2K took that approach and tweaked gameplay instead of adding all these new physics, and devoted that time to modes we need fixed we'd have a perfect game.

# 106 nddot @ 09/14/13 02:32 AM
I see some capes flapping hard in the sky....... This is disgusting. Like Chis Smoove said :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi2pfIZnRjw

# 107 MarvinOida @ 09/14/13 02:37 AM
Quote:
I'd say the gameplay in 13 was pretty good tho, which is why I would say to devote time to the modes that really need the attention.

Think about GTA, they added more attention to how big the map is, and all the added extra features over the core gameplay...I mean yea, they tweaked shooting and driving but for the most part you want the story and to see the map.

If 2K took that approach and tweaked gameplay instead of adding all these new physics, and devoted that time to modes we need fixed we'd have a perfect game.
Online though, think about online play!!

R* is owned by Take Two... Maybe.

Again, disk space is the issue right now, while NG is a very very easy clean slate, port the 9GB of CG, add everything we want, I'm sure that's no more than 16GB.

# 108 HowDareI @ 09/14/13 02:40 AM
Quote:
Online though, think about online play!!

R* is owned by Take Two... Maybe.

Again, disk space is the issue right now, while NG is a very very easy clean slate, port the 9GB of CG, add everything we want, I'm sure that's no more than 16GB.

I know man lol, but I'm just using the single player as an example.

And I know that cg has limitations, but seriously, how many people play offline blacktop? Take that out. How many people play Be a Legend? Take that out. Right there should be enough space for Crew Mode alone...oh and Season Mode, that's useless. And playoffs mode too...

# 109 MarvinOida @ 09/14/13 02:42 AM
Quote:
I know man lol, but I'm just using the single player as an example.

And I know that cg has limitations, but seriously, how many people play offline blacktop? Take that out. How many people play Be a Legend? Take that out. Right there should be enough space for Crew Mode alone...oh and Season Mode, that's useless. And playoffs mode too...
Is it sad that I actually play those modes a lot for a multitude of reasons? Playoffs and seasons for classic seasons rosters, Be a League for my own roster mods, and Blacktop also for my own roster mods.

# 110 HowDareI @ 09/14/13 02:56 AM
Quote:
Is it sad that I actually play those modes a lot for a multitude of reasons? Playoffs and seasons for classic seasons rosters, Be a League for my own roster mods, and Blacktop also for my own roster mods.

Nah man lol I understand why people play them but I mean at a certain point if there's no space and they want to improve they'd have to sacrifice something...but that won't happen on next-gen unless they didn't add certain modes for some reason...I mean they said it's not a port so who knows.

# 111 aKiDNamedCoop @ 09/14/13 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboooo
Made a list of Pros and Cons (imo) for 2K14 Crew vs 2K11's crew ...

PROS:

- No cheaters (assuming 2k share mods were cleaned up)

Dudes go on and on about "2K11 crew so awesommme" but fact is is the mode was literally broke. 8 footers, uncapped cheaters were so common, that you actually were surprised when it didn't happen.

- No CPU involvement

Still not getting this fascination with 2vs2 or 3vs3 while having half a team that are CPU? Ain't nothing realistic about having bots replace humans in a mode which was designed to replicate the true 5on5 human experience -- which is how everyone experiences basketball irl. So I'm not just making this up, there's precedence from the sport in real life.

- Servers

It would take literally 30min or so to find any game, let alone one that was cheater-free. The performance and lag of the game has improved dramatically from then to now. 5on5 teamup is pretty seamless, so it's safe to assume that crew will be able to handle 5on5 crew with ease. Lagouts happened occasionally / rare in 2k13 blacktop, but was easily remedied by deleting your game settings. No where near the epidemic of 2k11's haaariible servers.

- 3on3 crews

Those worried about not having enough players for Crew, should rest easy that this option is now available. You don't need 4 other players, just 2 more. The game provided OPTIONS for each case.

- 2K14's Gameplay

Early indications are that it will be more balanced, and the game played on superstar sim. Which is welcome news. How the game plays remains to be seen until launch, but it's safe to say that we have more options at our disposal and a better isomotion system. 2K13 controls > 2K11 control's by a long shot. Still this "pro" is tentative.

CONS:

No Arena

While this isn't a game changer for some, it is for many others. But the environment and audio is still presentation that doesn't affect gameplay. However...

No Refs, simulation-style fouls with FT's

This does affect gameplay. Info on this isn't entirely clear, but looks like you'll just get the ball at top of key. How it plays out remains to be seen. Will we just intentionally foul every time to stop fast breaks? I'm not a big of FT's in blacktop cuz it slows down the game, but wondering how this is going to implemented.

Play to 21 instead of 4 quarters

Now this is a gameplay element as well, and this kinda sucks. But this also remains to be seen how it will play out. I kinda liked the fact that games didn't last 1 hr for one game in 2k13 blacktop. You could crank out a few games in an hour, and still feel like there was a lot of substance to it. The thing that's concerning is going from 3 to 5 players, and yet the same end-score, so that will mean less touches and less stats per player. 4 quarters would be nice and more sim, but even increasing the end-score to 31 would be better. But again, who knows, we may come to find out that it's tougher to score with 5on5 instead of 3on3, so game may take longer and they'll be more stats like rebs, blocks, steals, just not as high ppg.

So at best, this a poor man's crew. At worst, it's blacktop 2.0. I think it's somewhere inbetween. So ... crewTop?

Either way, I'll still have fun with this mode. A BIG reason why is because of the integrity of the mode.... no cheaters, no CPU, leaderboards that really reflect who's good because of THEIR SKILLS not because they're good at hacking their player or calling a 1-3-1 CPU Zone. It ain't 2k11's crew, but I can't wait to play it cuz I know it'll be fun facing off vs all these different my players with my squad.
Ok list but not everyone is going to have 5 people on at once or even 3 people we need cpu to fill spots like in 2k11 but my big problem is that the match ups are going to be unrealistic example my crew has a pg sg sf pf and center and we face a crew that has all guards no realism.

# 112 Melbournelad @ 09/14/13 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboooo
thanks. if someone can't manage to find 2 other people for 3on3, then safe to say they aren't ready to play crew. in your scenario, if a crew has all guards --- that's on THEM. you take the good with the bad. but the difference is it's US deciding it. So a dumb crew is gonna suck. There's no bailouts. If a team is DUMB enough to trout out a bunch of guards or a bunch of slow centers, they DESERVE to lose. That's the beauty of it. There's no babysitting, there's no CPU covering your tracks. It's just US playing the mode, it's just US deciding what team to build, what positional needs to fill, etc. So it's not just being the better players, it's being the better GM. That's why I think Association-heads should like this because it's like your playing GM but with real players instead of CPU.
Ahhhh, not really.

# 113 Po0hd1n1 @ 09/14/13 05:01 AM
so this game had one thing going for it and they even fumbled that? lol

# 114 Po0hd1n1 @ 09/14/13 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green225
so was anyone else's decision to sell their current gen system confirmed today after 2k let us know crew won't be in the game? mine was.
and miss out on GTAV? no way

# 115 benson_bone @ 09/14/13 07:58 AM
No rules/fouls, no thanks...

# 116 DatGD12guage @ 09/14/13 08:41 AM
I dont care what nobody say this is the funniest sxxx ever LMAO. I thought yall was so happy and hyped, everybody was all smiles just a while ago.............. LOL I tell you boy i love yall man. Yall boys need some coochie or some hugs or sum.

# 117 DatGD12guage @ 09/14/13 08:48 AM
You all wanted more sim......well you got it

None of yall are in the nba for real lol

# 118 Shadojoker @ 09/14/13 09:58 AM
Is dunk contest in this year too???

# 119 BallIsLife2 @ 09/14/13 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGD12guage
You all wanted more sim......well you got it

None of yall are in the nba for real lol
You are a troll. Please leave.

# 120 alkamist @ 09/14/13 10:10 AM
Highlight Features:

Crews - The single-most requested game mode is back! Face off against opposing crews online using your MyPLAYER. Create your logo and face off in 5v5 battles with other crews featuring leaderboards and stats. (PS3 & Xbox 360 only)

MyTEAM - Back and better than ever, with new player modes, multi and single player tournaments, and much more. (PS3 & Xbox 360 only)

No crew or myteam for xbox one... LMAO

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.