Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA Sports has released their NBA Live 14 gameplay trailer, which features a first look at their game in action. We figured it would be short, let us know what you think.

In the coming weeks expect to hear a lot more about NBA Live 14, some of the nuggets we are expecting to learn about are the 50+ signature styles in the game, Connected Experiences, and more game modes. It appears as if the Live 14 hype train has finally left the station and it's expected we'll see a lot more on this game in the next several weeks.

We've also captured some screenshots from the video. Obviously, they will look better in 1080p, these were captured in 720p.

NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 convince @ 09/18/13 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin26385
Marketers understand the hardcore community (OS) is not the majority. The team will get to that eventually, but every company does hype videos to start off their campaign. They show a couple of trailers and then go more in depth with blogs and demos...when has it ever been the other way? (Rockstar, Ubisoft etc)

I understand people want to see more, but we have to be patient. Again, it is important to remember that a lot of next-gen games have been lacking on the media front...It just isn't NBA Live. I think I have seen the same 12 minute demo of Watch Dogs for the past year.
First I'm not going to say how crazy it is to put EA in the same breath as Rockstar and Ubisoft....wow. But on the watchdogs front, dude there are at least three demos I know of, Helping his buddy escape from that building. The first one of him going into the night club from the first e3 it was shown and the 28 minute one of the of the other playing jumping into his game and trying to hack him. But anyway sorry this is a Live forum.

# 122 Jay Jay @ 09/18/13 08:56 PM

# 123 23 @ 09/18/13 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
live 10 still has better graphics than 2k lol

# 124 23 @ 09/18/13 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin26385
Marketers understand the hardcore community (OS) is not the majority. The team will get to that eventually, but every company does hype videos to start off their campaign. They show a couple of trailers and then go more in depth with blogs and demos...when has it ever been the other way? (Rockstar, Ubisoft etc)

I understand people want to see more, but we have to be patient. Again, it is important to remember that a lot of next-gen games have been lacking on the media front...It just isn't NBA Live. I think I have seen the same 12 minute demo of Watch Dogs for the past year.

At this point they need to understand fans are fans. It wasnt casual people who didn't give a care who got that trash E Lite shut down, it was the fans who cared about the game.

Everything can't always be about the bottom line. EA is lucky to have people here even wanting to play after the debaucahery of the last 3 years.

# 125 23 @ 09/18/13 09:19 PM
BTW, I thought i was trippin earlier, but why are players legs warping through eachother?

# 126 TUSS11 @ 09/18/13 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
BTW, I thought i was trippin earlier, but why are players legs warping through eachother?
I didn't see it. At what time mark?

# 127 EAGLESFAN10 @ 09/18/13 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
At this point they need to understand fans are fans. It wasnt casual people who didn't give a care who got that trash E Lite shut down, it was the fans who cared about the game.

Everything can't always be about the bottom line. EA is lucky to have people here even wanting to play after the debaucahery of the last 3 years.
IMO I don't think their lucky I just think its a New generation of games and people are happy to see competition

Live and 2k will have their own fan bases since its a new start

And some will be in the middle

At this point its 50-50

# 128 SageInfinite @ 09/18/13 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
I didn't see it. At what time mark?
24 seconds, Dion Waiters

# 129 23 @ 09/18/13 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLESFAN10
IMO I don't think their lucky I just think its a New generation of games and people are happy to see competition

Live and 2k will have their own fan bases since its a new start

And some will be in the middle

At this point its 50-50

NO, they're lucky to have fans left after the stunts they pulled off. They lost alot of their own fanbase, and it wasn't about competition then.

That's why you pay attention to your fans, you dont put hockey dudes over your basketball game and you don't NOT listen to a dude like Mike Wang.

Talking all of this hardcore fans casual fans stuff needs to go out the door

# 130 Jay Jay @ 09/18/13 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
NO, they're lucky to have fans left after the stunts they pulled off. They lost alot of their own fanbase, and it wasn't about competition then.

That's why you pay attention to your fans, you dont put hockey dudes over your basketball game and you don't NOT listen to a dude like Mike Wang.

I agree with not putting a hockey guy over b-ball but im glad they didn't listen to Mike Wang because most likely we would have 2 games thats similar and im not saying he's not good at his job. That gen just wasn't ready for the vision they had and honestly I think Live 14 is going to be what Elite should have been.

# 131 EAGLESFAN10 @ 09/18/13 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

I didn't say anything about Casual/Hardcore fans

I see what your saying tho

I guess its just because I want Live to succeed

2k as well

Never want to see anybody fail

# 132 Dr. Poe @ 09/18/13 09:46 PM
It looks good. Still not to the level of the 2k trailer at E3.

# 133 23 @ 09/18/13 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Jay
I agree with not putting a hockey guy over b-ball but im glad they didn't listen to Mike Wang because most likely we would have 2 games thats similar and im not saying he's not good at his job. That gen just wasn't ready for the vision they had and honestly I think Live 14 is going to be what Elite should have been.
I don't think you can assume that because we don't know what his plans were, especially with new technology. Shoot, look at the playcalling that has come to play in basketball games since/because he was there during the Live 10 tenure, because 2k10s and back was a mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLESFAN10
I didn't say anything about Casual/Hardcore fans

I see what your saying tho

I guess its just because I want Live to succeed

2k as well

Never want to see anybody fail
I wish we still had all 6 basketball games out there because each one brought something to the table all the others didnt. Shoot Sony's dead game brought forth the career mode now everyone is using, but people forget about that.

# 134 NoTiCe_O @ 09/18/13 09:55 PM
Now that I watch this trailer again it looks even better than the first time. The graphics looks pretty good considering it's in game gameplay and the way the ball looked and handled kinda blew me away after a second look. Just because it's not an animation attached but an actual live ball handling like that.

I pictured myself playing the game online against another opponent and something in me just said this could actually be a lot of fun. I like the fluidity of the dribbling and moving.

# 135 23 @ 09/18/13 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
Now that I watch this trailer again it looks even better than the first time. The graphics looks pretty good considering it's in game gameplay and the way the ball looked and handled kinda blew me away after a second look. Just because it's not an animation attached but an actual live ball handling like that.

I pictured myself playing the game online against another opponent and something in me just said this could actually be a lot of fun. I like the fluidity of the dribbling and moving.

So it didnt bother you with how badly edited it is?

How Felton just completely disappeared then magically reappeared again in the dribble sequence? That's just one instance

# 136 ccoaxum @ 09/18/13 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

How Felton just completely disappeared then magically reappeared again in the dribble sequence? That's just one instance
well besides your point..the game still doesn't look bad

# 137 juicey79 @ 09/18/13 10:05 PM
I love that they have the tattoos on the players calves. This game looks very attractive

# 138 ccoaxum @ 09/18/13 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

besides its a trailer now if this happen while have the game in my hands as far as people disappearing or legs blended in togather then i will have issue...

# 139 23 @ 09/18/13 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
well besides your point..the game still doesn't look bad
It looks like typical NBA Live to me, whether that's good or bad is up to individuals who are watching.

# 140 m1ke_nyc @ 09/18/13 10:13 PM
For what they showed it looked good, but they didnt show much. Thats what I take away from this. Everything ive seen from the dribbling so far though looks like the best dribbling ive seen in a basketball video game. Doesnt mean it feels the best in your hands though.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.