Home
WWE 2K14 News Post

The final day of Bleacher Report's WWE 30 years of WrestleMania match reveal feature is in, with all of the matches from WrestleMania 25 to the latest WrestleMania 29 now revealed. The most recent years are quite heavy on matches which, in my opinion do not appeal as much as some of the classics omitted -- but completely understandable why a more generous lens is given to the more recent WrestleMania's. Here's the list:
  • WrestleMania 25: World Heavyweight Champion Edge vs. John Cena vs. Big Show
  • WrestleMania 25: WWE Champion Triple H vs. Randy Orton
  • WrestleMania 26: World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho vs. Edge
  • WrestleMania 26: WWE Champion Batista vs. John Cena
  • WrestleMania 26: Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels
  • WrestleMania 27: World Heavyweight Champion Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio
  • WrestleMania 27: WWE Champion The Miz vs. John Cena
  • WrestleMania 28: Undertaker vs. Triple H
  • WrestleMania 28: WWE Champion CM Punk vs. Jericho
  • WrestleMania 28: The Rock vs. John Cena
  • WrestleMania 29: CM Punk vs. Undertaker
  • WrestleMania 29: Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H
  • WrestleMania 29: WWE Champion The Rock vs. John Cena

See the complete list here. What do you think? What is the biggest omission and which match are you looking forward to most playing?

Game: WWE 2K14Hype Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
WWE 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ifcwinsider @ 09/20/13 12:41 PM
this mode keeps getting better and better

# 2 Ice_Cold345 @ 09/20/13 12:44 PM
I assume the only reason Edge/Show/Cena is on there is for the double AA, but man, we get to deal with Rock/Cena's entire story. :| I wonder if the Miz will get his concussion again for the cutscene. Not having both Taker/HBK matches is really dumb, since WM25 was the one that I think Mr. 1859 took the bump in and Taker nearly dying because of it.

# 3 SmashMan @ 09/20/13 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Cold345
Not having both Taker/HBK matches is really dumb, since WM25 was the one that I think Mr. 1859 took the bump in and Taker nearly dying because of it.
...that's an odd reason for wanting a match in. (Also, wasn't it the other guy playing the camera man?)

Including both Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels seems like a no-brainer, until you actually think of them in terms of gameplay. Aside from the camera man spot, there isn't too much that stands out from the second match. With the second one, they can play out Shawn Michaels' retirement, and wouldn't have play through two very similar matches otherwise. They're great matches, no doubt - but real-life awesome doesn't convert to these games.

I dislike including BOTH Rock-Cena matches for the same reason. Just include the second one, because you can recap the first one in the promo video for it.

# 4 krildog @ 09/20/13 01:21 PM
Quote:
Not having both Taker/HBK matches is really dumb, since WM25 was the one that I think Mr. 1859 took the bump in and Taker nearly dying because of it.
That was Sim Snuka.

# 5 SilentYetViolent @ 09/20/13 02:00 PM
I have to agree, not having HBK/Taker from 25 was a mistake. I watched that entire PPV and that match is the only one worth remembering imo. They brought the retractable roof down in H-Town that night lol

Coming to you from a rooted AT&T GS3

# 6 ShavarHayes @ 09/20/13 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_made409
I have to agree, not having HBK/Taker from 25 was a mistake. I watched that entire PPV and that match is the only one worth remembering imo. They brought the retractable roof down in H-Town that night lol

Coming to you from a rooted AT&T GS3
It definitely was the most memorable portion of the night. I was there! Made the trek from Raleigh, NC! The energy was unmatched. Big oversight leaving that one out...

# 7 willz1985 @ 09/20/13 05:54 PM
this game/mode needs more kurt angle

# 8 Ice_Cold345 @ 09/20/13 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willz1985
this game/mode needs more kurt angle
Once again, he can't because of his contract with TNA. Hogan is allowed because in his contract, his likeness is allowed to be used by WWE, hence all the references to him and him being in All Stars.

# 9 willz1985 @ 09/21/13 06:35 AM
Quote:
Once again, he can't because of his contract with TNA. Hogan is allowed because in his contract, his likeness is allowed to be used by WWE, hence all the references to him and him being in All Stars.
still doesn't mean it couldn't be better with kurt angle

# 10 Gramps91 @ 09/21/13 07:20 AM
meh, looks cool but I want Universe news. Also, how in the world could they leave off WM25 HBK Taker

# 11 nml11287 @ 09/21/13 07:45 PM
So John Cena has more matches than Hogan, HBK and Taker...great. Glad that 5 star match between Cena and Miz made it.

# 12 SmashMan @ 09/21/13 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nml11287
So John Cena has more matches than Hogan, HBK and Taker...great. Glad that 5 star match between Cena and Miz made it.
There's a heavy dose of championship matches, and John Cena has been a part of many of them over most of the past decade. Not surprising.

# 13 jvalverde88 @ 09/21/13 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nml11287
I know right, can't believe The Rockers vs The Twin Towers is not in the game.

# 14 nml11287 @ 09/22/13 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
I know right, can't believe The Rockers vs The Twin Towers is not in the game.
In all honesty, I would rather play as Akeem "The African Dream" than have to play as Cena.

# 15 EAGLESFAN10 @ 09/22/13 02:16 PM
Yall really hate My boy Cena smh what he do to yall (Sarcastic voice)

# 16 ifcwinsider @ 09/25/13 07:08 AM
I wish we could of gotten the triple threat tag tram match somehow just wishful thinking

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.