Home
FIFA 14 News Post

IGN has captured two FIFA 14 off-camera videos from the Xbox One and PS4 version of the game. What are your thoughts?

Game: FIFA Soccer 14Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
FIFA Soccer 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Yeats @ 09/20/13 10:38 AM
Pretty for sure. Gameplay (player positioning, behavior and reactions) along with most animations all look pretty much identical to current-gen though. Guess they plan on keeping the EA-style FIFA gameplay that gamers gobble up by the millions of units worldwide. And who can blame EA for that?

# 2 NaturalSelected @ 09/20/13 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
Pretty for sure. Gameplay (player positioning, behavior and reactions) along with most animations all look pretty much identical to current-gen though. Guess they plan on keeping the EA-style FIFA gameplay that gamers gobble up by the millions of units worldwide. And who can blame EA for that?
Can't disagree with you. I never expected drastic changes in FIFA 14 on next gen. But I am looking forward to speedier menus, simulations and the like, just based on horsepower.

# 3 Yeats @ 09/20/13 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalSelected
But I am looking forward to speedier menus, simulations and the like, just based on horsepower.
Yup, like riding in a souped-up version of one's car I suppose. Comfortably familiar yet thrilling all at the same time.

# 4 Kevin26385 @ 09/20/13 11:02 AM
What do you guys think of the graphics? I have not played much of the FIFA series so I am curious about what the hardcore fans think.

# 5 msuhockeycj @ 09/20/13 11:09 AM
Might just be me but I liked how the computer version of Barcelona was making quicker passing decisions and at times pinging the ball around. Not perfect, still noticed to many 7 touch possessions from fullbacks going one on one but it seemed better than what we are getting now on current gen.

# 6 msuhockeycj @ 09/20/13 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin26385
What do you guys think of the graphics? I have not played much of the FIFA series so I am curious about what the hardcore fans think.
They look a little better but not an extreme change. I was underwhelmed by the crowds which they were hyping up. The grass looks nice. I know they made an effort to touch that up a couple years ago but maybe the processing power hasnt been there to make a difference until now.

# 7 Dogslax41 @ 09/20/13 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin26385
Hard to tell from the distance, but it looks cleaner. Not immediately noticable compared to current gen but it looks like all the edges have been cleaned up.

I wasn't expecting a graphical revolution, but was expecting much more from them in the player movement, foot plant and momentum aspects. Based on these videos I am going to switch my pre-order over to AC4 and wait a bit after release to see how the game plays out because right now it looks too much like current gen. Definately not a day one buy for me anymore and has me rethinking Madden as well if FIFA was the peg that EA was hanging their next gen hat on at launch.

# 8 Dogslax41 @ 09/20/13 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msuhockeycj
Might just be me but I liked how the computer version of Barcelona was making quicker passing decisions and at times pinging the ball around. Not perfect, still noticed to many 7 touch possessions from fullbacks going one on one but it seemed better than what we are getting now on current gen.
I agree it did seem a bit better. But its hard to accept that with the new processing power ramp up they are hyping that all we get out of that is two or three back passes. Still noticed far too many times the CPU tried to jam the ball down the wings or went full bore straight into a defender rather than taking an angle and getting him on his shoulder.

Did notice a nice play where the CPU held the ball up in the center just outside the box and the chipped through ball to the chipped volley was nice.

# 9 NaturalSelected @ 09/20/13 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
Hard to tell from the distance, but it looks cleaner. Not immediately noticable compared to current gen but it looks like all the edges have been cleaned up.

I wasn't expecting a graphical revolution, but was expecting much more from them in the player movement, foot plant and momentum aspects. Based on these videos I am going to switch my pre-order over to AC4 and wait a bit after release to see how the game plays out because right now it looks too much like current gen. Definately not a day one buy for me anymore and has me rethinking Madden as well if FIFA was the peg that EA was hanging their next gen hat on at launch.
For those of us buying current gen FIFA, upgrading to next-gen FIFA will be $10 on Amazon so it isn't too costly an upgrade. As long as it's feature complete, I'm there.

# 10 NightmareBooster @ 09/20/13 02:24 PM
I just thought of something. If you pre-order the NG version do you also get the 24 or whatever it is weeks of a free UT pack? If so couldn't you technically pre-order both versions to get double the free packs? Even if for some reason you get cut-off when you jump to NG you'd still have about 7 weeks of free packs. I don't play UT but, hmmmm...

# 11 fsufan4423 @ 09/21/13 05:33 PM
I play FIFA on PC with maxed out setting and a few graphic mods and IMO the PC version looks better than Xbox One from these videos.

It really makes me bummed knowing Madden probably won't be much better

# 12 Ermolli @ 09/22/13 02:08 AM
Knowing that the next-gen FIFA 14 was going to be really similar, almost identical, to the current-gen version wasn't new since the E3 gameplay videos. I just hope there is a big(ger) jump for their World Cup game (if there's one) in gameplay, AI, graphics and presentation.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.