Home
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 News Post

The Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 original avatar/theme pack is available now for PS3 users. For $4.99, you receive 10 XMB avatars, a static theme and the full game, which expires on September 24th at 10:00 AM PST.

It has been confirmed that online features do not work, but if you are into the single player experience, give it a shot.

Game: Pro Evolution Soccer 2014Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 0 - View All
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 nvinceable1 @ 09/21/13 03:12 PM
Nice find. If this had been out a week ago I would have been all over it, but being hopelessly addicted to GTAV at the moment I'll just wait until my copy of PES gets delivered on the 24th. Unfortunately the Fall term at uni starts on the 30th. I'm seriously considering taking a term off! Enjoy the game folks!

# 22 LingeringRegime @ 09/21/13 03:33 PM
3 hours in and I am having an amazing experience. I have all assists off, manual shooting and playing on TP difficulty.

Only thing I see is sometimes the GK just give up on balls. Maybe it is because the ones that have are not the best keepers.

You really have to have composure when in the box. Nothing nicer that being able to pass in and around the opposition. With all assists off you have to earn every everything, and it is very rewarding when you start getting the feel of things. I am using random teams and I just got 3 goals with Lorient. Up to that point I only scored two goals in five games.

This game doesn't have the patch by the way.

I will post some highlights whenever I can stop playing.

First Goal
http://www.twitch.tv/lingeringregime/c/2969651

Far Post Off Corner Kick
http://www.twitch.tv/lingeringregime/c/2969761

# 23 Stormyhog @ 09/21/13 05:37 PM
I downloaded it and have enjoyed it but I find the button response isn't very good seems like it is a bit behind what I do. Also the cursor change over is pretty poor. The graphics are fine but nothing great and the cutscenes are way to choppy and just makes you skip them. Fouls are rare and takes away the immersion somewhat. Overall I am still having fun with it but I don't see myself getting it in the end. Too bad because it does have promise I just wish it was a more refined product.

# 24 alabamarob @ 09/21/13 07:01 PM
The game is great. Every player is different. Passing on all manual is on point. 1-1 draw usin milan against celtic. Best soccer game I have ever played. Button response is perfect, some people will think its lag but it is not. The ball is seperate from the player so the game won't allow a kick until the person is in position, this makes the game way more realistic. You have to plan every pass and position players correctly to move the ball or shoot. No more runnin around making unrealistic passes and shot at an instance.

# 25 HKPound @ 09/21/13 08:35 PM
Really enjoying this. Big clubs genuinely feel like them when you go up against them. Have to be very stout tactically and not make any mistakes so they definitely feel very life like. Two negatives I've taken is that goalkeepers are still ever so inconsistent. They show a lot more flashes of brilliance this year but it'll get canceled out by mistakes and poor parries and positioning. The heading mechanics are much improved but I just can't seem to win a header in the box to go for goal. I don't know what it is. I've seen on twitter some others are having that issue. I don't know about you guys.

# 26 alabamarob @ 09/21/13 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKPound
Really enjoying this. Big clubs genuinely feel like them when you go up against them. Have to be very stout tactically and not make any mistakes so they definitely feel very life like. Two negatives I've taken is that goalkeepers are still ever so inconsistent. They show a lot more flashes of brilliance this year but it'll get canceled out by mistakes and poor parries and positioning. The heading mechanics are much improved but I just can't seem to win a header in the box to go for goal. I don't know what it is. I've seen on twitter some others are having that issue. I don't know about you guys.
I have played about 3 games. I have been able to win headers, but the cursor switching is killing me.

# 27 ZenPancakes @ 09/21/13 09:25 PM
Great find! Holy crap on a cracker, once you get used to the controls, it turns into one hell of a football game. Just played 4 games at the max 30 min setting. Hot damn. That's all you can really say, I get what some people are complaining about, but don't be afraid of stepping the difficulty down until you get used to the control. Once you do, I think you'll 'get' it.

# 28 C.J.S. @ 09/22/13 05:50 AM
What language is the commentary?

# 29 drjohnnyboy @ 09/22/13 07:55 AM
Good of Konami to offer a pre-release option of trying the full game, if were not for OS posting it in their news feed I would not have known about it however as it was buried deep within the PS Store...

I love the gameplay and it is far ahead of PES 2013 in many ways. I agree that player responses to button presses are a bit slower than in previous versions, but still within reason. If anything, I see the response of players differ depending on skill levels (ie. Ronaldo/Robben versus more average players). The issue I have is that I feel the current hardware is not powerful enough to run the game, hence all the slowing we see during gameplay, cutscenes and replays (and even when going into the game plan screen and subbing players). I have been able to win headers in the 18 yard box, only if I press the shot button in advance of the ball arriving to the player.

The single greatest aspect of the game is in the player momentum, very satisfying turning on the ball, doing a trick and leaving your defender in the dust. The "catchup" logic of defenders is not as bad as some people have posted on other websites. For example, Giovinco of Juventus was more than able to stay ahead of a defender who he left behind, getting all the way into the box for a strike.

I agree with many people feeling this is an "unfinished" game. That said, I have had more fun with it than with PES2013 and so I will have no trouble playing this through the year, as long as patches and data pack updates don't change (ruin) the gameplay as in years past. Can't wait to see what this game will be like next year on the new systems and with another year of working out the kinks in the engine.

# 30 alabamarob @ 09/22/13 07:59 AM
fouls, fouls, fouls.

I have been playing on hardest difficulty and the game plays great, however the cpu commits way to many fouls that are not called. This happens at least 10 times a game, and it allows for the cpu to get cheap scoring opportunities. Based on past experience I doubt the tune this. Only thing slightly irritating about the game so far.

# 31 Dogslax41 @ 09/22/13 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
fouls, fouls, fouls.

I have been playing on hardest difficulty and the game plays great, however the cpu commits way to many fouls that are not called. This happens at least 10 times a game, and it allows for the cpu to get cheap scoring opportunities. Based on past experience I doubt the tune this. Only thing slightly irritating about the game so far.
Some of this has to be a bug. I've had the CPU murder me and I can see the ref signal the advantage but when the CPU gets the ball immediately after the foul it's not called.

It does a great job of calling the human player for shoulder barges. Just need it tuned properly. Last year this was fixed by modders. Hopefully this year is the same.

# 32 Dogslax41 @ 09/22/13 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.S.
Mine is in Spanish and I can't for the life of me figure out how to change it.

# 33 duffman @ 09/22/13 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
Mine is in Spanish and I can't for the life of me figure out how to change it.
Mine too, was just about to post about it. If I find anything ill let you know

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

# 34 duffman @ 09/22/13 10:50 AM
Saw something awesome last night, sent a long ball down the wing that I gave up on cause it was too far out in front. Next thing I know ball hit the corner flag and stayed in. Raced to it, sent it into the box for a headed goal. First time playing this after 3 years of fifa and its been a breath of fresh air, having alot of fun so far

# 35 LingeringRegime @ 09/22/13 10:55 AM
I don't think you can change it until the retail comes out. I don't speak Spanish, but I feel like I am picking it up now due to hearing the commentator for hours on end.

# 36 Dogslax41 @ 09/22/13 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime
I don't think you can change it until the retail comes out. I don't speak Spanish, but I feel like I am picking it up now due to hearing the commentator for hours on end.
I speak Spanish as well so I enjoy it while I'm playing liga bbva games but its jarring the hear it when I'm playing epl games.

# 37 Yeats @ 09/22/13 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKPound
Two negatives I've taken is that goalkeepers are still ever so inconsistent. They show a lot more flashes of brilliance this year but it'll get canceled out by mistakes and poor parries and positioning.
In my past experience with PES, GK issues, along with some other player behavior imbalances and consistencies, can be completely fixed by raising players' average rating baseline and thereby lowering the ratings spread between the best and worst players. Example: In PES 2011, too many players sent floaty shots way over the crossbar. I fixed that by raising the shot technique rating to 80+ for all players. It has to do with imbalances in the way the game engine interacts with different player ratings. Some specific ratings quite simply need to be raised across the board for all players, and there needs to be less of a spread between ratings that differentiate good from bad players in order to fix and rebalance the gameplay.

If you do the same with PES 2014 and make bad GKs better and the good GKs even better, I'm guessing all these GK concerns can be pretty much eliminated. You don't do this for all ratings of course, just the ones that can help rebalance any obvious gameplay problems.

# 38 ZenPancakes @ 09/22/13 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.S.
It's in Spanish, doesn't look like you can change it, I turned them down and cranked the other sounds. But it sounds like they're more chatty then champion and beglin...

# 39 RaptorMania @ 09/22/13 01:16 PM
Ya even though I don't understand anything they say, it's still much better than the English guys.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

# 40 Beetlebum @ 09/22/13 02:13 PM
I quote a witty line I found on another forum:

'PES 2014 will come out in 2014.
Right now we are testing it'.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.