Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA Sports has posted another NBA Live 14 screenshot of Kyrie Irving. Click here for the high resolution screenshot. Another trailer arrives on Wednesday.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 alkamist @ 09/23/13 09:44 PM
graphics on kyrie looks good, love the way he looks, looks real, can not wait tell this game comes out!

# 22 rockchisler @ 09/23/13 09:47 PM
This is super nitpicky but why is the reflection of the hoop that is on the other side of the court clearer on the floor then when looking at it across the court????

# 23 King_B_Mack @ 09/23/13 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
To be fair, 2k has only highlighted LeBron on next-gen, and only with a single trailer. The other things you mentioned have only been shown for current-gen.
Exactly how is that being fair? It's not being fair, it's making a nonsensical point. 2K has only released ONE thing about next gen and that was basically just an E3 teaser announcement trailer. Of course that would have the cover athlete in it. EA has nothing but this one version of Live to promote so everything they release is all for the one game. They've released multiple screens and videos now and they've all had Kyrie with the exception of like one or two pictures. Like I said to nick, it's not even CLOSE to the same.

# 24 Boilerbuzz @ 09/23/13 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_shaud
I'm willing to bet Live 14 will be an incomplete game, pay close attention to the fake gameplay footage they put out. Looking for to see some 2k14 next gen gameplay footage. EA wack!
Holy crap. Can we PLEASE leave 2K out of this discussion? Please? If friggin' sucks to see Live threads INSTANTLY degrade into pissing matches. I'm going to start a new game. It's TOG-counter. We're going to count the number of post it takes for someone to bring up TOG. Over/under is 5 for every new, legit thread.

# 25 23 @ 09/23/13 10:19 PM
So where's the new pic?

# 26 knick9 @ 09/23/13 10:28 PM
Looks good, can't wait for Wednesday. They need to show us something more exciting though while they have the spotlight.

# 27 King_B_Mack @ 09/23/13 10:46 PM
Quote:
That was my point. Live only has to promote next-gen, and they are further along in their promotion than 2k is with their next-gen offering. It's not fair to compare marketing for two games with over a month difference in release dates. Based on what's been released for only next-gen versions, Live has shown us no less (more actually) than 2k. That was the point I was making.

Please stop trying to read too much into every post.
Your point still doesn't make sense. So they're further along in the promotion of their game, but because 2K hasn't shown more in their next gen promotion it's okay that all the promotion EA is doing is almost exclusively Kyrie? They're two separate companies, they shouldn't be trying to go tit for tat with each other, especially not EA because they're playing catch up. They should be taking all this alone time to showcase they're game next gen before 2K starts really promoting theirs.

Anyway, this isn't about 2K and what they're doing anyway. This is about Live so people need to stop bringing up 2K in every thread.

# 28 King_B_Mack @ 09/23/13 11:34 PM
Quote:
So in other words, you didn't read the post I was originally responding to, and you didn't read the second part of my first post. Let me recap for you:

This was the post I replied to. My reply stated that, to be fair, the examples he used were not from next-gen. I then got back on topic:

Then you came in and jumped on me for something I was not saying. I was not the one who brought 2k into the discussion. Just the opposite, I was making a claim as to why that post was irrelevant. I will ask again: Please stop reading into things that aren't there.
Aren't you creative. I'm not gonna go back and forth with you on this so I'll say this and leave it at that. You said to be fair, as in to be fair to Live and them only showing Kyrie that 2K has only showcased LeBron and the other things that was shown that was brought up was for current gen as if to give an excuse for why we've only seen Kyrie. If that wasn't your intention, cool. However your post makes it look like that. The point isn't what 2K has done with their next gen promotion. The only reason you've only seen LeBron anyway is because 2K has another game to promote first. Next gen or current gen or not has no bearing here. Promoting the games is the same. At no point in 2K's promoting history have they spent about three months showing ONLY video and screens of the cover athlete as nick was trying to make it seem like. You coming in and trying to make it okay with a next gen disclaimer is what I took issue with and addressed.

# 29 juicey79 @ 09/24/13 12:21 AM
The graphics definitely look better than current gen but something is odd about the shoulder/head area...the proportion is off unless it's an angle of the shoulder with back and the rotating part of the arm...hopefully Wednesday we get to see more players and more 5 on 5 movement player and on court action

# 30 big_shaud @ 09/24/13 02:26 AM
Quote:
Fake gameplay footage?
@skopin....yeah i mean fake gameplay footage, it is merely cinematography, because how is watching teams do a jump ball gameplay footage and all of these cut scenes... you mean to tell me as im playing a live online game when im going to the basket they will have a close up of kyrie irving laying up the ball from the baseline. Show some real actual gameplay footage not this replay crap thats all im saying.

# 31 big_shaud @ 09/24/13 02:34 AM
EA got you dudes fooled, they dont have any good gameplay footage to show yall so they show you cinematography.....instant replays and slow mo footages to get you locked in on the graphics and how good the players look.... i dont give a crap about all that show me a sideline view of the game in real time mode.

# 32 cashless @ 09/24/13 05:24 AM
Quote:
I think it's because of the focus. The actual net is blurred because it's way behind Kyrie, which is where the camera is focused. The reflection is right under Kyrie, so it is more in focus.
There is no way an actual reflection from the basket could be there from that angle, unless the floor is tilting, there is a third basket above the free throw line or they simply added it later in Photoshop.

# 33 cashless @ 09/24/13 09:15 AM
Oops I was wrong about the reflections. My apologies. I conducted a little experiment;

http://s10.postimg.org/xla4lltix/untitled_4.jpg

# 34 WhiteCollarTix @ 09/24/13 10:35 AM
Does Live has a lot to prove? Absolutely. It would be a good idea for them to show some other players such as one with a skinny build like a Kevin Durant especially since the competition (at least on current-gen) has shown that they haven't been able to replicate. With that said, I can't help but think that Live is in a lose/lose situation with a lot of you. First it was all the NBA Live player models are too skinny and look like Gumby which was debunked by the cover athlete trailer. Then it was that the trailer can't be real and must be CGI which has also been proven wrong by numerous Kyrie screenshots and the First Look trailer. Now the complaint is the other players must look like **** since they're only showing the cover athlete. This bothers me because even if you don't like EA Sports and Live for whatever reason, you should realize that a good showing from NBA Live is only going to improve NBA 2K. Competition is a good thing.

Ultimately it's going to come down to gameplay which we haven't seen from either camp. For the record, NBA Live 14 is in competition with NBA 2K14 next-gen not current-gen and if I'm not mistaken, we haven't seen even a screenshot from yet. Nobody is telling you what game to get but just be fair.

# 35 NUH_UHHHHHHHHHHH @ 09/24/13 10:48 AM
Can we get a pic of Kyrie on his day off? mowing his lawn? sipping hot chocolate?

# 36 nick_sr @ 09/24/13 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizDevConglomerate
Yo your not serious are you? They released the specific days the next footage would drop. It's so wild to see cats speak in from of many ppl just to be heard.

Tomorrow live is dropping a video. We have no idea what were getting, BUT I'm sure you haters will be ready to criticize whether it's good or horrible. Live can only get better. They've hit rock bottom nap to seriously think they're bout to drop something corny. But it's corny to see you cats riding TOG so hard.
let them my friend. can't make miserable ppl happy

# 37 Boilerbuzz @ 09/25/13 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
let them my friend. can't make miserable ppl happy
Come on guys. You have to admit it was funny considering the context.

# 38 Boilerbuzz @ 09/25/13 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse

Yes Live has the most to prove, but people are demanding more from Live than the other sports games.
I think people are demanding more information, but they are expecting less. For now at least. If people over hype the game, that will change. To EA's detriment actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

# 39 joeisup @ 09/25/13 04:13 PM
Where the **** the trailer!!!!!
and the nba website doesn't show sept. 25 no more

# 40 Steve_OS @ 09/25/13 04:26 PM
Yup. Specific dates have been removed.

http://www.nba.com/nbalive/

One was due to hit today...

Guess... We'll... See...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.