Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

We have just posted NBA 2K14 player ratings for all of the classic and Euroleague teams.

All other NBA 2K14 player ratings have been posted here.

The following teams will NOT return this year.
  • Dream Team
  • Team USA
  • Celeb Team
  • 2001-2002 Sacramento Kings

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 madman112 @ 09/24/13 05:15 PM
didn't see Charles Barkley, DR. J, or kareem

# 2 Dimage25 @ 09/24/13 05:20 PM
Oh boy no new legends........................................... .......................
2K is ice cold man. Well maybe they'll at least have Scotty in myteam this year, but i gotta be honest i was expecting some new legends in there for sure.

# 3 jtswag187 @ 09/24/13 05:21 PM
not one new team

# 4 PJBrownHeat @ 09/24/13 05:23 PM
A dlc will arrive for christmas but i wait the annoucment for that before buy the game!!

Video good just for euro team .

By by everybody!!!!

# 5 starks1903 @ 09/24/13 05:24 PM
WHAT!!?? 00-01 kings not in the game?

# 6 RipCityAndy @ 09/24/13 05:29 PM
Unimpressed. This is the first year the hype train has totally derailed (for me at least). Last year I was counting down the days to release... This year release snuck up on me.

# 7 scottyp180 @ 09/24/13 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCityAndy
Unimpressed. This is the first year the hype train has totally derailed (for me at least). Last year I was counting down the days to release... This year release snuck up on me.
Same here man. I dont know if its because next gen is coming or maybe because I was hyped for gta but I have almost no excitement for 2k14 current gen and I havent missed a 2k launch day since 2k3

# 8 RipCityAndy @ 09/24/13 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
Same here man. I dont know if its because next gen is coming or maybe because I was hyped for gta but I have almost no excitement for 2k14 current gen and I havent missed a 2k launch day since 2k3
hahaha... GTA has me distracted too. Maybe that's it!

# 9 jaosming @ 09/24/13 05:38 PM
Current Team USA is gone too right?

# 10 venga @ 09/24/13 05:39 PM
Can't wait for that Euroleague feature ! thanks 2K

# 11 JasonMartin @ 09/24/13 05:45 PM
Love it when you see those horrible create-a-player faces (Milwaukee Bucks at the end).

Also, why did they use "Blurred lines" for this soundtrack? I can't believe they used a very recent hit song for a game that is supposed to last for quite some time. That's why you choose new, unknown, good songs. 1. Because it's unknown (you don't hear it on the radio constantly)so it stays "fresh" 2. You give the chance for unknown bands to become bigger.

2K just doesn't care.

# 12 VDusen04 @ 09/24/13 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
I'm in the same exact boat, right on down to 2K being a launch day purchase since 2K3. Crazy. I don't think it's just us though. The feeling has permeated throughout the forum. Even the jersey number countdown thread has been kind of pathetic in comparison to years past.

# 13 knick9 @ 09/24/13 05:59 PM
Eh. Well, at least they didn't mix up Howard Eisley with Shandon Anderson this time...

Edit: ...and I guess you'll probably be able to get Pippin this year...hopefully.

# 14 vtcrb @ 09/24/13 06:02 PM
No USA Teams. Euroleague Teams that can ONLY be used in QUICK PLAY(meaning you CANT edit them). 01-02 Kings gone from the game. No DLeague. No Association Improvements( I control all 32 teams, so THEIR Logic Improvement means nothing). No CAP/CAT improvements. I was HOPING that 2k14 would be a Combination of All Previous Current Gen Release features, with some improvements. Seems like they took a step back.

# 15 c15dubb @ 09/24/13 06:02 PM
is a jersey video coming soon?

# 16 JasonMartin @ 09/24/13 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I'm in the same exact boat, right on down to 2K being a launch day purchase since 2K3. Crazy. I don't think it's just us though. The feeling has permeated throughout the forum. Even the jersey number countdown thread has been kind of pathetic in comparison to years past.
I noticed that people on here (well we're all on a gaming/basketball related forum) are easily hyped which 2K is "good" at doing. They didn't do that this year.

I also got the feeling that people finally realized that 2K13 wasn't that good of a game and also realized how 2K was doing business. People were raving about 2K13 when it was first released, while the cracks were already visible if you weren't wearing rose coloured glasses.

Then you got the new console coming up soon, GTA 5 is out there, people don't want to spend their money on a game with no demo out, people rather save up for the next gen than getting it for the current gen etc.

# 17 8KB24 @ 09/24/13 06:08 PM
Bogdanovic is only 72? They need to watch Eurobasket again.

# 18 Chocolate Chip @ 09/24/13 06:19 PM
2k9 had the redeem team
, then in 2k10 they took it out. im not surprised @ them taking it out this yr. but this is gonna be another yr where the role players for the classic team are gonna get replaced by generic smfh. No Kareem, C-Webb, Dr.J. still, no Nick van exel on lakers..woolridge on 85 bulls

# 19 spankdatazz22 @ 09/24/13 06:23 PM
I'll take the contrarian view just for argument's sake. Let's see... when 2K blew out Legend rosters in 2K12, the general consensus by those vocal on the boards was that the game sucked. And the efforted era-specific presentation applied to the game didn't mean much in most people's eyes. The hardcore chastised them because they wanted more, the younger/more casual gamers could care less about the Legends (even more modern legends like Jordan). 2K adds the Dream Team for 2K13 and again is chastised more for what they didn't do versus what they did do.

Now everyone wants competition. Yet no one places these same expectations on the competition. Just the presence of additional competition is going to mean lower revenues for the 2K brand, so why continue putting in a lot of effort/money on something so few seem to appreciate? Or perhaps take for granted? Considering it's not expected of other sports developers (granted it's probably easier to do in team sports with smaller rosters). I suspect if 2K went to a DLC model people would flip out because "they used to get it for free". Given those factors one has to wonder if the juice is worth the squeezing. I'd say it is, but the general vocal consensus is it isn't.

That said, I'd love to see more content/attention given to the Legend content. But I understand why more effort wouldn't be placed into expanding the feature. I'm surprised they lasted beyond 3yrs myself.

# 20 scottyp180 @ 09/24/13 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin
I noticed that people on here (well we're all on a gaming/basketball related forum) are easily hyped which 2K is "good" at doing. They didn't do that this year.

I also got the feeling that people finally realized that 2K13 wasn't that good of a game and also realized how 2K was doing business. People were raving about 2K13 when it was first released, while the cracks were already visible if you weren't wearing rose coloured glasses.

Then you got the new console coming up soon, GTA 5 is out there, people don't want to spend their money on a game with no demo out, people rather save up for the next gen than getting it for the current gen etc.
The absence of a demo has really diminished the interest I stilled had for this game. I was planning on waiting for nextgen regardless but I atleast wanted to give the demo a try to see how the game improved and if it would be worth a purchase but its typically a bad sign when the demo does not release before the game. There also seemed to be a lack of hype out of 2k for this game aswell. Usually we get some developer videos and a couple of "sizzle" trailers but there wasnt much n this department this year.

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.