Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

We have just posted NBA 2K14 player ratings for all of the classic and Euroleague teams.

All other NBA 2K14 player ratings have been posted here.

The following teams will NOT return this year.
  • Dream Team
  • Team USA
  • Celeb Team
  • 2001-2002 Sacramento Kings

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 nddot @ 09/24/13 06:33 PM
2k doesnt even care at this point....

I mean whats the point of even putting that game out? no improvements besides a few gameplay tweaks

i know the stanleys gonna come in here

but oh well....

# 22 knick9 @ 09/24/13 06:33 PM
The mode that makes the most money for them is MyTeam because people buy VC to buy booster packs. What do they want most from those packs? Legends. A lot of us spent last year chasing all these legends and now we're supposed to do the exact same thing, with no new players available? Come on.

# 23 hoi514 @ 09/24/13 06:38 PM
guys, you know what? 2K Sports care less about current generation 2k14 cuz there's no COMPETITION out there. Current generation gamers are lucky to see they even make 2k14 this year. All the attention and resources shift to 2K14 on next generation console where LIVE is making a comeback. It was a marketing plan by taking away the crews and now putting it back on what it seems like the last leg of NBA 2k series on current generation.

I do think even more legend teams will be added on next generation 2K14 neither... Hopefully gameplay and graphic will be much better on PS4/XBOX ONE. Man...No Nick Van Exel on the Lakeer's team? No Jabbar?! WTF!!

# 24 bigball12 @ 09/24/13 06:44 PM
INEXCUSABLE for no new Classic teams. Everyone was looking forward when this 'Lebron' mode was announced. FINALLY 00-10' Classic teams from the past decade. Should be easy enough as most of the players filling in the rosters are still under the NBAPA anyway. Vince and T-Mac Raptors, 04' Pistons, Nash on Mavs etc.

But with the major disappointment from when the new LBJ mode was announced we knew chances were slim, and not the disappointment is official. Really just upsetting.

# 25 Dimage25 @ 09/24/13 06:46 PM
Honestly 5-6 new classic teams would already have made a huge difference to me, but nope they even took content out of the game, it's becoming blatantly obvious why they only released so little info till now, caus there really is nothing exciting for them to talk about. They are lucky i guess that i preordered the game, caus under the current circumstances, i propably would wait for the next gen version of the game, but oh well i hope they'll at least live stream it when they laugh at me, for having bought the current gen version, on october 1st

# 26 daveberg @ 09/24/13 06:48 PM
I don't even know what to say at this point.

This was really the only selling point of the game for me, and 2k have just tacked it on like some kind of after thought. No improvements, no additions, nothing. I'd be surprised if anything changes for next gen.

Pretty much the nail in the coffin for me. I'd hoped 2k had some big secret announcement about legends or classic modes to reveal right at the end, but i was sadly mistaken.

They could have just dumped path to greatness and the Euro teams and expanded on already great modes from 2k11/2k12 - have some kind of greatest games/greatest playoffs moments.

Instead, we get nothing.

Oh well, guess they can't please everyone. Not that they care, but they've lost my custom this year.

# 27 Paul316us @ 09/24/13 06:57 PM
Can anyone name me the 90s Euroleague players if any if not then 80s.

I want more classic teams as the next guy it was a dream come true in NBA 2k12 for me. It still blows me away ,but noone realize how hard it is to keep these guys ,and sign new teams they can get one key guy to a team ,but missing one key guy then why put them in the game.

adding one new team a year for me works but Euroleague teams and path to greatness mode makes this game worth buying for me I just hope u can play as these teams in play now mode

# 28 jrose11 @ 09/24/13 06:59 PM
as long as the export team option is there I'd be happy. Didn't buy 2k13 but heard they got rid of it? I currently use 2k12

# 29 midwestking100 @ 09/24/13 07:02 PM
no 2k14 on CG for me.Thank god for GTA 5 and Madden 25. Looks like I'm going to have to wait and see what they are going to do on next gen cause really the competition is going to be on next gen and since Live is trying to attempt a comeback, 2k is really going to have to push the envelope a little harder and deeper for us anyway. So im not trippin thanks to GTA 5 and maybe Madden as far as playing on current gen is concern.

# 30 MJWizards @ 09/24/13 07:10 PM
No new classic teams? Then no cg 2k14 for me

# 31 vtcha @ 09/24/13 07:11 PM
These EuroLeague players are way overrated ..
Sonny Weems rated 82!!???
I remember a few years back when he was still in the NBA he way rated in the 60s, but now 2K decides to rate him over guys like Thaddeus Young, Ben Maclemore, Tobias Harris, Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes, etc.

Now I know overall ratings doesn't reflect the way players actually play on the court but c'mon man ...

And if you thought I was crazy, check this out:
Jordan Farmar of the Anadolou Efes Istanbul is rated an 80
Jordan Farmar of the LA Lakers is rated a 69
Where is the logic in this ...?

# 32 BluFu @ 09/24/13 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
No USA Teams. Euroleague Teams that can ONLY be used in QUICK PLAY(meaning you CANT edit them). 01-02 Kings gone from the game. No DLeague. No Association Improvements( I control all 32 teams, so THEIR Logic Improvement means nothing). No CAP/CAT improvements. I was HOPING that 2k14 would be a Combination of All Previous Current Gen Release features, with some improvements. Seems like they took a step back.
probably the least improved 2k ever. glad they worked on gameplay, i really am but... man.

# 33 bigball12 @ 09/24/13 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcha
I remember a few years back when he was still in the NBA he way rated in the 60s, but now 2K decides to rate him over guys like Thaddeus Young, Ben Maclemore, Tobias Harris, Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes, etc.

Now I know overall ratings doesn't reflect the way players actually play on the court but c'mon man ...

I would have to think that the overrated players are based on the talent level in europe.

# 34 Paul316us @ 09/24/13 07:23 PM
ratings will be different in the euroleague and NBA if Jordan Farmar was a 80 in the Lakers he be one of there better players ,and he not in the Euroleague he is one of there better players on that team
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcha

# 35 dror853 @ 09/24/13 07:24 PM
obviously the rating for euro is off,
its on different scale then nba rating, farmar in the lakers is 69, and in the euro team he is 80.

the euro teams only meant to play against each other,
they probably figure that a true rating (which mean the best players in europe is around 70) wont make a good match between euro since all players will suck too much, so they made a diffrent scale.

# 36 Paul316us @ 09/24/13 07:27 PM
I like the scale they made cus I don't want to be playing a Euroleague team with all 70s vs a NBA team with bench players in the 70s lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by dror853
obviously the rating for euro is off,
its on different scale then nba rating, farmar in the lakers is 69, and in the euro team he is 80.

they probably figure that a true rating (which mean the best players in europe is around 70) wont make a good match between euro since all players will suck too much, so they made a diffrent scale.

# 37 vtcha @ 09/24/13 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dror853
I agree with the scale but I think you can still play Euro Teams against NBA teams. Still its a little bit of a turn-off knowing that Jordan Farmar can keep up with other NBA PGs, such as Kemba Walker, Brandon Jennings, etc.

# 38 Shadojoker @ 09/24/13 08:00 PM
No new classic teams ??? 2k must be waiting for a huge reveal for next gen then if not this will be some complete bull....!!!

# 39 kaletore11 @ 09/24/13 08:29 PM
European basketball is entirely different from NBA basketball, so the ranking are not bad, and players are not overrated.

Take a look at the summer games between the best European teams and NBA teams, almost every game finishes very close, European teams win quite a few games as well.

Would their players be highly rated in the NBA? Most of them wouldn't, for sure. But in the system they play and in the "European basketball style" they are great players and should be rated accordingly.

And the Euroleague teams aren't for anything else than exhibition in 2k, so it doesn't really matter, does it?

# 40 So Steezyy @ 09/24/13 08:36 PM
In 2k13 I have 74 out of the 80 gold legends in myTeam, what is the point of me playing myTeam in 2k14 if there is 0 new players I can use? I can't wait until NBA Live eventually comes out so I can play that and MAYBE 2k will actually step their game up because they have such a bad mentality.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.