Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Unfortunately, there will not be a demo for NBA 2K14. Here is the official response.

Quote:
No #NBA2K14 demo as dev's are making two unique games that harness the technology of current and next gen. Excited to share more soon!

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 ifcwinsider @ 09/25/13 06:58 AM
Damn no demo, meh still gonna get the game day one, but still one has to wonder whats the real reason no demo

# 82 idrisguitar @ 09/25/13 07:06 AM
this is one of the worst lead ups to an nba 2k release i have ever experienced.

people saying we are spoiled for complaining about no demo are missing the point. the information has been sparse, the team has been split. we are being asked to pay full price for a game with marginal improvements. PR can talk all they want about balance. but when there are hardly any new features, and hardly any info....we NEED some way to judge whether this is worth a whole $60. (Hint: no demo...means even 2k dont think it is)

2k13 was so unbalanced that even the tiny bits of info and promise of 2k14 are appealing to me. but i cant justify letting what is essentially exploitation of die hard fans with this 2k14 version.

a wing and prayer is not enough for me to spend this amount of money. just not good enough. they should have budgeted this version with next gen on the horizon.

first year since to 2k8 i wont buying on release day.

# 83 TeeDogg @ 09/25/13 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrisguitar
this is one of the worst lead ups to an nba 2k release i have ever experienced.

people saying we are spoiled for complaining about no demo are missing the point. the information has been sparse, the team has been split. we are being asked to pay full price for a game with marginal improvements. PR can talk all they want about balance. but when there are hardly any new features, and hardly any info....we NEED some way to judge whether this is worth a whole $60. (Hint: no demo...means even 2k dont think it is)

2k13 was so unbalanced that even the tiny bits of info and promise of 2k14 are appealing to me. but i cant justify letting what is essentially exploitation of die hard fans with this 2k14 version.

a wing and prayer is not enough for me to spend this amount of money. just not good enough. they should have budgeted this version with next gen on the horizon.

first year since to 2k8 i wont buying on release day.

If you're skeptical about a game and there's no demo, rent it, stop by a GameStop kiosk, a friends house, read impressions from OSers that tend to share your views, its not that serious. If its come down to the 11th hr and the demo still needs attention and they have another version about to release in less than two months. Why spend anytime screwing around with a demo for a game that will be on the shelves in DAYS...........

we talkin bout a Demo?....a demo?....not the game, a demo (in Allen Iverson voice)

# 84 Bunselpower32 @ 09/25/13 07:46 AM
They are essentially making two games this year. I'll give them a pass on this one. Doubt they had time to make a demo.

# 85 Po0hd1n1 @ 09/25/13 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suspectms
I'm not surprised this happened. Here's the deal. 2k has been shady since 2k11. It started with eliminating crew and removing simulating your myplayer's career. Oh an no ****ing lobbies for online difficulty and what's with the rank being on all star?! (2k12 era). Quietly again disappointed fans with no crew and no sim in my career. Then they eliminated the ability to block dunks. Gave us a high zig zag left then right euro 3 pointer high success rate. Took away interior defense. No one didn't even notice you couldn't change your sleeves color or your teams color jerseys in your my career. Allowed noobs to cheese their way with cash to compete online. Rosters were poorly updated. Trades were still ridiculous (2k13 era). CG gets fake wannabe crew. Wtf? All the way to 21 with 5v5? All your avgs. amount to single digits? No ref? Can foul when you want. Where's the hardwood, fans, jerseys with name and logos? That's not ****n crew. No dev detail on your mycareer...probably because it's copy and paste. Next Gen no crew. Possibly no mycareer either.....2k14 era. Everyone expect mediocrity with options on next gen and a decent vs one person online mode. EA will shut 2k down if their 5v5 mode is on point. They have sweat on players, accessories galore, better commentator, better crowd, and they even have a ****ing crew!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2k I've prepurchased the xbone full price for pick up and guess what. I've preordered live at gamestop the same damn day. Show me what you got!!!!

can you make your text bigger? i cant quite see it

# 86 Shadojoker @ 09/25/13 08:20 AM
I don't think people on here are mad. Game comes out in 1week. And we all know they are working on two games. But with all this talk about New controls and stuff a demo would have been sweet so we can have time for a learning curve BEFORE we buy the game. They already have my preordered money anyway.

# 87 TemplateR @ 09/25/13 08:36 AM
No demo? Well, I´, buying sports-games every second/third year, so no demo isn´t a big deal for me.

BUT where are new informations about the PC Version of this game????? The PC-Gamer, like me, are waiting for month for some informations!!!!

On which Generation is the pc-version based on??? CG or NG??? Or Hybrid??? Tell us now !!!!

# 88 basketballfreak24 @ 09/25/13 08:39 AM
most of you guys have seen the 2k hypetrain cycle for years. you should know by now that it never lives up to the hype. just be glad they have some competition again with EA attempting a comeback. Monopoly is never good for the consumer. ive been a NBA2k consumer since dreamcast and I will give Next Gen a year to get the bugs out before making the switch to one of the new consoles. I know i'm about to pay $60.00 for a patch and it sucks but Hopefully EA will Push 2k to give more effort in the future or ill just have to switch.

# 89 xman2k @ 09/25/13 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suspectms
I'm not surprised this happened. Here's the deal. 2k has been shady since 2k11. It started with eliminating crew and removing simulating your myplayer's career. Oh an no ****ing lobbies for online difficulty and what's with the rank being on all star?! (2k12 era). Quietly again disappointed fans with no crew and no sim in my career. Then they eliminated the ability to block dunks. Gave us a high zig zag left then right euro 3 pointer high success rate. Took away interior defense. No one didn't even notice you couldn't change your sleeves color or your teams color jerseys in your my career. Allowed noobs to cheese their way with cash to compete online. Rosters were poorly updated. Trades were still ridiculous (2k13 era). CG gets fake wannabe crew. Wtf? All the way to 21 with 5v5? All your avgs. amount to single digits? No ref? Can foul when you want. Where's the hardwood, fans, jerseys with name and logos? That's not ****n crew. No dev detail on your mycareer...probably because it's copy and paste. Next Gen no crew. Possibly no mycareer either.....2k14 era. Everyone expect mediocrity with options on next gen and a decent vs one person online mode. EA will shut 2k down if their 5v5 mode is on point. They have sweat on players, accessories galore, better commentator, better crowd, and they even have a ****ing crew!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2k I've prepurchased the xbone full price for pick up and guess what. I've preordered live at gamestop the same damn day. Show me what you got!!!!
Maybe you ought to wait for the NBA Live demo before you make the same mistake as getting an Xbox One over a PS4

# 90 VDusen04 @ 09/25/13 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
The fact is that current gen is going to sell WAY more than next gen simply because current consoles are in more homes. Thats why they are releasing a current gen version and hyping it up too. They would be loosing money if they didnt release a current gen version. If anything or would have made more economical sense to put more effort in the current gen version and not release a next gen version til next year but it sounds like these guys are excited about next gen.
Yeah, I kind of didn't see this year coming on current gen. All the way up until mid- or late August I was assuming we'd be getting one more big time release with almost all hands on deck.

I suppose I should have known better, because I believe it's important to get the next gen off on the right track. I just didn't put two and two together until a month ago because I figured the small amount of next gen consoles that will be sold this season in comparison to existing generation consoles would dictate a big concentration on the current 2K.

Either way, I understand it. It was just a mis-calculation on my part. A next generation console is most certainly not in the cards for me in the foreseeable future so it's a bummer, but it is what it is.

# 91 miller31time @ 09/25/13 08:56 AM
It's a tough position for 2K this year. They know CG 2K14 isn't anything special and they clearly didn't spend too much time on it. Can't fault them since NG 2K14 is the new direction of the company while CG 2K14 is merely a placeholder for those who either haven't gotten a NG system yet or want to play 2K before their NG system arrives. But make no mistake, it's a placeholder.

But I'll say this - they've put themselves in a difficult position. Due to the consumer knowing CG 2K14 is a rebranded 2K13, the expectations for NG 2K14 are rightfully through the roof.

If they fail to deliver on those lofty expectations, they run the risk of losing a lot of faithful customers.

Those expecting a demo should have seen this coming - demos are done by companies who believe their game is truly an improvement and something to be seen/tested. It's done by companies who are proud of their product and want the consumer to see for themselves. Their PR team can spin it any way they want (and some will buy the drivel) but make no mistake, they don't want people to "test" 2K14 out on CG.

# 92 cthurt @ 09/25/13 09:05 AM
I would think 2k would want to release a demo to try to sway the customers that say this is just 2k13.5, (me included) but I understand as long as the next gen news wows me Im ok with it, my current gen days are over as far as 2k goes.

# 93 War24 @ 09/25/13 09:07 AM
If you complain or don't that is your choice that is part of what these forums are for. But I remember that last years demo being awesome and the retail game being terrible (A second week return for me). Important things from the demo were removed. Nonetheless, it's easy to get hyped up about these games year after year, but at the end of the day the company is going to do whatever they want. Let's be real; who in their right mind will make a sim game with no double teaming(2k12), no paint defense or blocking(2k13)?

2k I must admit has been better than a lot of other companies (shhhhh! EA), but they have been lazy for at least two years. If it weren't for some of the people here @ OS who make great sliders, rosters, and programs (who should be hired by 2k sports if you ask me) these games would be subpar. No demo, no problem, I prefer that then being tricked like I was last year.

# 94 boltokPwnage04 @ 09/25/13 09:17 AM
I am familiar enough with the series and there are no other options for NBA gaming. I was purchasing it regardles, this news makes no difference to me and doesn't concern me about the quality of the game.

# 95 blues rocker @ 09/25/13 09:49 AM
does anyone know if the current gen version will have a price drop once the next gen version is released? if that's the case, maybe i'll just wait until november and get the current gen 2k14 at a lower price.

# 96 Goffs @ 09/25/13 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TemplateR
On which Generation is the pc-version based on??? CG or NG??? Or Hybrid??? Tell us now !!!!
LD2K: "Stay tuned"

# 97 TemplateR @ 09/25/13 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
LD2K: "Stay tuned"

Where LD2K said this? On Twitter? Here on Forum? Could you please deliver me a link?

# 98 yungsta404 @ 09/25/13 10:23 AM
Quote:
Where LD2K said this? On Twitter? Here on Forum? Could you please deliver me a link?
its a joke.

# 99 Goffs @ 09/25/13 10:28 AM
Quote:
Skip 30 minutes and listen to how questions are answered...

# 100 BobbyColtrane @ 09/25/13 10:54 AM
Buying it Day One regardless. If nothing else as a thank you to 2K for bringing it this gen and making a bunch of fantastic basketball games.

But I'm going to be playing it like a maniac lol.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.