Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Unfortunately, there will not be a demo for NBA 2K14. Here is the official response.

Quote:
No #NBA2K14 demo as dev's are making two unique games that harness the technology of current and next gen. Excited to share more soon!

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 JSensui @ 09/25/13 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz

I SO knew this was going to happen. The hyperbole in some of the reactions are priceless. Like you're REALLY surprised by this. How anyone expected there to be a demo is beyond me. They have NO time to "waste" on old-gen, let alone a demo. I say "waste" in quotes because based on the early responses, the gameplay was worked on. And also because some people do feel that next-gen needs to be their priority. But this thread, still has me in stitches! Please carry on. This is fun!
This is a weird thing to be snarky about.

# 122 Boilerbuzz @ 09/25/13 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSensui
This is a weird thing to be snarky about.
Why not? When so many people with reasonable thoughts (not me - I stayed out of it) continue to try to warn others that a demo won't show up this year because of everything else on all of the developers' plate, yet they don't want to hear it - they shouldn't act like this is a surprise. Same goes for Live being on next-gen only: they don't have time for old and next gen. But I'm a jerk, so I get that. Sorry.

# 123 Goffs @ 09/25/13 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboooo
Some of yall have super short memories. Not to be a fanboy, but the one game purchase I can count on every single year to be a quality game and to bring the realism, it's NBA 2K. AKA the demo is just icing. Could understand the frustration, but the overreaction ("omg worst game ever! even though I haven't even played it yet!") is menopausal. The gameplay could be the best thing you've ever experienced, better than floating on a magic rainbow, riding a unicorn, or humping Beyonce....and based on gameplay vids, it's pretty close to it. But gotta wait and see. IMO, the game has earned the benefit of the doubt so Ima give it to 'em.
I don't know about you but I wanted the demo so I can get used to the new controls. I hate the fact that I have to RELEARN the controls AGAIN!

# 124 Rasco11 @ 09/25/13 10:20 PM
I'm surprised there's no demo...that said, I'm exicted what's around the corner. I want to see the NextGen "bread and butter!" Bring it....wow me! Inside of 2 monthes release...it's Go Time! (Insert Matrix Gif here) beyond my capabilities at moment.

Time To Go 2K! Are You Talking To Me?!? Bring It! Release the Kraken! Win One for the Gipper! There's No Crying In Baseball! Get off my plane! I'm Your Huckleberry. Make My Day! This Is Sparta! Wilson?!?

# 125 TeeDogg @ 09/25/13 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k

Unfortunately, there will not be a demo for NBA 2K14. Here is the official response.
When the games release and the boards flood with complaints and demands, please remember this thread and consider the state of the "sim" community. Take it all with a grain of salt, then call up DaCzar and see what he personally thinks about the issue. I just don't feel the boards represent the community as a whole very well any more. Just my 2 cents I'm out lol

# 126 Goffs @ 09/25/13 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboooo
Yeah I hear you for sure on that. I'm just gonna use the fallback 2K13 setup
I think they don't have an option for that....Aholbert mentioned that there were not options for controls....

# 127 JazzMan @ 09/25/13 10:36 PM
I think reading through this thread gave me cancer.

Some of ya'll need to get a hold of yourselves. It's just a video game. Besides, it's as if you're all 10 and have been saving up for this game for a year. It's kind of sad, really.

# 128 JasonWilliams55 @ 09/25/13 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
When the games release and the boards flood with complaints and demands, please remember this thread and consider the state of the "sim" community. Take it all with a grain of salt, then call up DaCzar and see what he personally thinks about the issue. I just don't feel the boards represent the community as a whole very well any more. Just my 2 cents I'm out lol
What is the state that the sim community is in?

# 129 The 24th Letter @ 09/25/13 10:48 PM
The sim community is fine.

It's just that it gets pretty crazy around here near release, and a lot of people have learned to steer clear....not sure why I haven't learned this yet, lol..

# 130 OkayC @ 09/25/13 11:24 PM
Why is everyone mad about no demo? not a big deal to me at least. Before you ask, yea im gonna be on current gen. But the only thing i could see wanting the demo for would be to learn controls, other than that, what could you really get from a 5min match. Its not like the majority of you aren't gonna buy the game if the demo isn't too your liking anyway. I say save the complaining for the true issues that will no doubt be in the 2k14, as well as some that can't be forseen

# 131 Rasco11 @ 09/26/13 12:05 AM
Off topic...i just looked at the Granger screenshot...how the ball get there? Serious observation, looks good otherwise...

# 132 Boilerbuzz @ 09/26/13 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkayC
Why is everyone mad about no demo? not a big deal to me at least. Before you ask, yea im gonna be on current gen. But the only thing i could see wanting the demo for would be to learn controls, other than that, what could you really get from a 5min match. Its not like the majority of you aren't gonna buy the game if the demo isn't too your liking anyway. I say save the complaining for the true issues that will no doubt be in the 2k14, as well as some that can't be forseen
Didn't you know? Without a demo, folks are just going to skip to next-gen.... Which won't have demo's either. But what does that matter?

# 133 The 24th Letter @ 09/26/13 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasco11
Off topic...i just looked at the Granger screenshot...how the ball get there? Serious observation, looks good otherwise...

Nice catch, WTF?

# 134 Boilerbuzz @ 09/26/13 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasco11
I think that was a block of a dunk, sir.

# 135 JHUNT3 @ 09/26/13 01:44 AM
I'm just gon trade my 2k13 in at best buy get like $30 store credit for it & purchase 2k14 ,*excuse me* 2k13.5 for Half the Price since I'm only getting Half the game ...

# 136 TeeDogg @ 09/26/13 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
What is the state that the sim community is in?
Maybe i shouldnt have said sim community, but . think most know what i mean. As suggested i usually just avoid the boardds especially at release time. But im itcjing for info lol. Let me get my next gen info, rosters and slidders. And im out....peace.

By the way, no disrespect to you, you seem to represent well. I even respect your opinions on flashy passes. Your thoughts seemed genuine that type of feedback is always good even when oppinions vary. But I'm no authority either but as an OS old timer its just not the same.......kids today! Lol
just had a few SMH moments reading this thread lol...sorry for coming off condescending

# 137 MarvinOida @ 09/26/13 01:58 AM
The only bad thing I see with releasing no demo is that we have to learn controls on day 1 vs a week in advance. Demos never really convince me anything since they are pre-gold old builds and obviously wouldn't have the fine tune and tweaks of the game. Pre-Release Demos are a option, not a requirement, and 2K for this year chose to leave the option out, no biggie, it's cause we are in the transitional phase of CG to NG. They are probably using the current gen as the demo for Next gen.

Tap Taptalking away from my iPhone 5.... C.

# 138 Blessin @ 09/26/13 02:15 AM
I was wondering if there will be an PS3 to PS4 discount upgrade for NBA 2K14 in the U.S.A? I will get both if there is, if not i'm only getting one.

# 139 Boilerbuzz @ 09/26/13 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHUNT3
I'm just gon trade my 2k13 in at best buy get like $30 store credit for it & purchase 2k14 ,*excuse me* 2k13.5 for Half the Price since I'm only getting Half the game ...
$30? Where do you live because I would LOVE to know where I could get that much for 2k13.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

# 140 xKrNMBoYx @ 09/26/13 10:30 AM
WTF. I know 2K14 will be great for the Next-Gen, but I need a demo to compare Live 14 and 2K14. There's no way I'm buying both games to try them out, nor do I wan't to pay to rent a game just for testing purposes. Hopefully this announcement is just about Current-Gen games.

I wonder how demos will work with the Next-Gen consoles. Most games will release when the consoles are released. So will there be demos ready to download by then?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.