Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

For those of you not wanting to watch the NBA 2K14 player ratings video and sift through the signature skills that are associated with each player, The Real 2K Insider has you covered.

Not only has he listed every player that has a new signature skill, he also lists the skills that have been added or removed from a player.

Source - NBA 2K14 Player Signature Skills List - The Real 2K Insider

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 mango_prom @ 09/28/13 09:22 AM
I'm a Mavs fan...and is this list for real? Shane Larkin and Vince Carter PnR maestro? Huh? The same skill guys like Paul, Rondo and Nash get? The "insider" handing out sig skills like it's christmas once again...

Also, Melo gets "finisher" of course, even though making shots around the rim is one of the few weaknesses of his game. 2ks insider didn't finally watch some basketball during the off season?

# 2 Mario210 @ 09/28/13 09:27 AM
I'm a spurs fan and I'm not surprised they took away closer from manu

# 3 mango_prom @ 09/28/13 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario210
I'm a spurs fan and I'm not surprised they took away closer from manu
They should take it away from everybody, it's stupid anyway.

# 4 sactown_13 @ 09/28/13 09:42 AM
Cousins is top 5 in charges taken in past few years, led the league last year i believe, yet you take away charge card?? hmmm

# 5 mango_prom @ 09/28/13 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sactown_13
Cousins is top 5 in charges taken in past few years, led the league last year i believe, yet you take away charge card?? hmmm
Really? Didn't know that...

# 6 The 24th Letter @ 09/28/13 09:46 AM
Kawhi...posterizwr?

He's gotten a few guys but even I say that's a little generous...

# 7 Finess @ 09/28/13 10:08 AM
Ok so Greg Oden hasn't played since....the Lakers won the championship and they give him Eraser because he "was" known for blocking. BUT Granger out for one season and you take away his only signature skill, which he was known for (Being a shooter). Plus why take away Post Proficiency from Hibbert, who's probably the best center (or at least top 2) in the league. I'm sure I could find more but I just glanced over everyone and paid attention to my fav teams. All I ask for is a little more consistency, WHO's in charge here?

# 8 knick9 @ 09/28/13 10:11 AM
I hope these are updated as needed throughout the season.

# 9 InRodWeTrust @ 09/28/13 10:22 AM
How does Pablo Prigioni not have Interceptor. He was know for stealing in bounds passes

# 10 Norris_Cole @ 09/28/13 10:22 AM
kirk hinrich - floor general added
Jose Calderon - floor general removed

Is this real life?

# 11 Guard-ian @ 09/28/13 10:26 AM
Marc Gasol should have Post Playmaker and Ricky Rubio Pick and Roll Maestro... Spanish Power!! ;-)

# 12 Phreezy P @ 09/28/13 10:39 AM
So Bosh has been left with no sig skills.

# 13 Sundown @ 09/28/13 10:39 AM
GAH.

David Lee should NOT have Tenacious Rebounder because he DOES NOT box out. He gets his rebounds by having a nose for the ball and giving up boxing (and sometimes defensive) position early.

He should just have a high rebounding rating without the sig skill.

He should also have the Pick and Roll Outlet sig skill since he's great in the P&R. It's not his fault that Curry is just now getting the hang of P&R timing.

I would also rather have him have Hustle Points from last year over Post Proficiency, since the latter gives bonuses for pump fakes and Lee almost NEVER pump fakes (which is why he gets swatted). He should instead just have a good inside/post/hook/flip shot rating.

Also makes no sense that Carl Landry lost HIS Post Proficiency. He's all about the pump fakes. He only struggles against much longer guys.

Bogut should get Brick Wall given all the borderline illegal and devastating screens he set in playoffs. That's probably not going to change.

# 14 mango_prom @ 09/28/13 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris_Cole

Is this real life?
This is what they call "constructive talks" with the insider? Good job.

# 15 knick9 @ 09/28/13 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InRodWeTrust
How does Pablo Prigioni not have Interceptor. He was know for stealing in bounds passes
And Flashy Pass.

# 16 Norris_Cole @ 09/28/13 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
This is what they call "constructive talks" with the insider? Good job.
I dont think I need to be constructive about that, its just ridiculous. Also constructive or not, the 2k insider doesnt listen.

Your post is also pretty useful anyway. Good job too

# 17 knick9 @ 09/28/13 10:57 AM
Quote:

Is this real life?
Okay, the Hinrich thing really makes me angry because it looks like a Bulls fan pulled some strings. Derrick Rose could use a boost in shooting and someone was looking down the Bulls roster wishing they could pair him with a floor general--Hinrich? Close enough, right? Even though he's become primarily an off-guard and barely averaged 5 assists last year with Rose out all year... Come on!

# 18 mango_prom @ 09/28/13 11:04 AM
Quote:
I dont think I need to be constructive about that, its just ridiculous. Also constructive or not, the 2k insider doesnt listen.

Your post is also pretty useful anyway. Good job too
You missed the point. I was referring to LD2k telling us they've had "constructive talks" with the insider, and rosters would get better. It wasn't about you at all.

# 19 24ct @ 09/28/13 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finess
Ok so Greg Oden hasn't played since....the Lakers won the championship and they give him Eraser because he "was" known for blocking. BUT Granger out for one season and you take away his only signature skill, which he was known for (Being a shooter). Plus why take away Post Proficiency from Hibbert, who's probably the best center (or at least top 2) in the league. I'm sure I could find more but I just glanced over everyone and paid attention to my fav teams. All I ask for is a little more consistency, WHO's in charge here?
LMAO. This is 2K Sports in a nutshell.

BTW...Hibbert is definitely NOT the best center in the NBA. Not even a question who is # 1, lol... I'd actually go with Noah over him...

He's top 5 sure, but there's only 5 Real Centers in the NBA, lol...

Back on topic, Hibbert isn't really a 'beast' in the post. I do think he will be this year, but I don't think he does enough working in the post to get that skill. Granted if Shane Larkin has PnR Maestro I guess Hibbert should get some love...

# 20 knick9 @ 09/28/13 11:21 AM
There's no way Blake Griffin should have Post Proficiency added and Hibbert taken away, together that makes zero sense.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.