Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

For those of you not wanting to watch the NBA 2K14 player ratings video and sift through the signature skills that are associated with each player, The Real 2K Insider has you covered.

Not only has he listed every player that has a new signature skill, he also lists the skills that have been added or removed from a player.

Source - NBA 2K14 Player Signature Skills List - The Real 2K Insider

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 JTheClip @ 09/28/13 11:32 AM
Blake Griffin has Post Playmaker....

# 22 knick9 @ 09/28/13 11:33 AM
Regarding Hinrich having Floor General, here are the players with that sig skill: CP3, D-Will, Rondo, Tony Parker, Mike Conley, Nash, annnnndddd....Kyrie? Nope. Rubio? Nope. Holiday? Nope. Westbrook? Nope. ...Kirk FREAKING HINRICH.

Hinrich ranked 33rd in assists last year and only played 60 games, ugh.

# 23 Norris_Cole @ 09/28/13 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
You missed the point. I was referring to LD2k telling us they've had "constructive talks" with the insider, and rosters would get better. It wasn't about you at all.
oops, my bad then. I thought you were criticising me for not being constructive about hinrich and calderon skills. Forget my other post...

# 24 Javan723 @ 09/28/13 11:52 AM
I'm a huge Spurs fan but I really don't understand why 2k gave Danny Green Lockdown Defender over Kawhi Leonard. I'm not saying Danny Green doesn't deserve it because he did a great job guarding Steph Curry in the Western Conference Semifinals basically shutting him down. I still think Kawhi deserves it because he did a pretty good job guarding LeBron in the NBA Finals and is the best perimeter defender on the team so he should have the sig skill. As for Kawhi having Posterizer, I'm kind of shocked but then again if you look up Kawhi posterizes on Youtube you find like 7 or 8 videos so I can see why they gave it to him even though they probably only gave it to him because he dunked on Mike Miller in the NBA Finals. Also I don't quite understand why they took Break Starter and Post Playmaker from Tim Duncan when he has been known for doing those two things in his career. I'm surprised he doesn't have Screen Outlet when the Spurs offense is based around the pick and roll and Duncan either rolling to the rim for a finish or fading for a mid range jumper especially when Parker and Ginobili have P&R Maestro. But whatever 2k always has inconsistencies so I'm not really surprised with whatever they do.

# 25 FloorGeneral @ 09/28/13 11:55 AM
They gave Lockdown Defender to Danny Green, and NOT Kawhi Leonard. Hmmm, that's a bit...puzzling.

Edit: ^^^ Beat me to it.

# 26 mango_prom @ 09/28/13 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris_Cole
oops, my bad then. I thought you were criticising me for not being constructive about hinrich and calderon skills. Forget my other post...
Lol...no offense man. It's kinda ridiculous that some tool actually gets paid money for sitting down and randomly editing players for 2k basketball. What a mess once again. Nice marketing talk with stats updates, but no substance as usual.

# 27 KB2009Champ @ 09/28/13 12:10 PM
So spot up shooter is taken away from Jared Dudley but given to Jamaal Crawford who is not a spot up shooter.

Dudley should have spot up shooter and Crawford should have shot creator even a ball novice should know this.

Jerry Bayless and Jodie Meeks have pick dodger but ray Allen who does nothing but run off screens all day does not have it.

Cmon 2k

# 28 BUCKSWEATSHIRT @ 09/28/13 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB2009Champ
So spot up shooter is taken away from Jared Dudley but given to Jamaal Crawford who is not a spot up shooter.

Dudley should have spot up shooter and Crawford should have shot creator even a ball novice should know this.

Jerry Bayless and Jodie Meeks have pick dodger but ray Allen who does nothing but run off screens all day does not have it.

Cmon 2k
Pick dodger is a defensive sig. I agree with you on everything else.

# 29 mango_prom @ 09/28/13 12:40 PM
Royce White - Bruiser, Dimer, One Man Fastbreak

So how many games has White played against NBA competition again? I mean the insider isn't just pulling random stuff out of his a**, right? What a joke...

# 30 Melbournelad @ 09/28/13 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
Royce White - Bruiser, Dimer, One Man Fastbreak

So how many games has White played against NBA competition again? I mean the insider isn't just pulling random stuff out of his a**, right? What a joke...
Honestly i'm beginning to think the insider is just some random 12 year old who has no idea what the hell he is doing. I can't think of any other way to explain the mess of ratings, tendencies, and sig skills.

# 31 mango_prom @ 09/28/13 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Who said the same teams are working on those respective features? Don't assume that's always the case.

And we've had some great meetings with the NBA2KInsider regarding rosters.
They sure did...

# 32 CaseIH @ 09/28/13 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finess
Ok so Greg Oden hasn't played since....the Lakers won the championship and they give him Eraser because he "was" known for blocking. BUT Granger out for one season and you take away his only signature skill, which he was known for (Being a shooter). Plus why take away Post Proficiency from Hibbert, who's probably the best center (or at least top 2) in the league. I'm sure I could find more but I just glanced over everyone and paid attention to my fav teams. All I ask for is a little more consistency, WHO's in charge here?
That does seem odd. The chances that Oden actually does something other than get hurt is a heck of a lot less than Granger coming back and being able to shoot.
What they should do is add a new sig skill called brittle, something to give guys like Oden, Bynum, Eric Gordon, etc, for always being injured and in some cases with Bynum and Gordon, just plain lazy IMO.

# 33 Jujuwebe @ 09/28/13 02:16 PM
Wow. I normally try to be positive, but these are all-around terrible. These better be able to change based on how the players do, like with other ratings.

# 34 ksuttonjr76 @ 09/28/13 02:36 PM
Man, they're screwing Granger like a champ. Dropped his overall...took away his only signature skill....

# 35 Tomb Of God @ 09/28/13 02:49 PM
We giving rookies Posterizer now, huh 2K?

OK.

# 36 Rdub33 @ 09/28/13 02:57 PM
If ever there was a player to get the new screen outlet it should be Kevin love. One of the best pick n pop players n the game. Color me confused

# 37 Tomb Of God @ 09/28/13 02:59 PM
Can someone explain to me how Lou Williams, deadly 6th man scoring option, misses half the season and in turn loses all his signature skills including Microwave which is exactly what this guy is, but is granted an elite defensive ability in pick dodger? Why does Kyle Korver lose catch and shoot 2K? THAT'S ALL HE DOES!

# 38 OkayC @ 09/28/13 03:18 PM
I am not only completely confused, but am also infuriated to the point of confusion by what 2k has done with player SIG skills and ratings. I literally want to walk down to the 2k offices, confront the 2k insider and the people who approved his work, and smack them in the mouth for pulling this crap. There was literally no basketball knowledge used to make these choices at all.

# 39 JTheClip @ 09/28/13 03:25 PM
Pick dodger isnt defensive to me, its neutral. It just allows the person to negate brick wall and dodge a screen. Nimble and quick players can dodge a screen but that doesnt mean they can stay on their person and stop them.

# 40 CaseIH @ 09/28/13 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkayC
I am not only completely confused, but am also infuriated to the point of confusion by what 2k has done with player SIG skills and ratings. I literally want to walk down to the 2k offices, confront the 2k insider and the people who approved his work, and smack them in the mouth for pulling this crap. There was literally no basketball knowledge used to make these choices at all.
I have always felt that if I were to run into the 2k insider I doubt I could resist breaking his jaw I never quite understood how he kept his job as long as he did. I always just figured he was related to one of the big shots of the company and why he never has gotten fired.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.