Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

After ESPN confused the world earlier today claiming current generation gameplay action was next-gen, throwing the Madden public (us included) into fetal positions in the nearest corner -- EA has finally released their actual trailer for next-gen Madden today.
  • Higher fidelity graphics with more detail than ever before (obvious).
  • Animations wise, there is less compression with each one, resulting in better looking moves.
  • Better uniform degradation looks like it's in, as well as much improved lighting
  • Skin is more realistic, with light interacting with it in a more realistic manner
  • 4x the Texture Resolution, stadiums visually look much better as do crowds, fields, and uniforms.
  • Cloth physics where jerseys can be form fitting and look realistic to towels flapping around.
  • Much more varied fans both visually and with the animations. One shot showed some sitting, some standing and cheering. Oh, and crowds are fully 3D!
  • The sidelines look pretty bare still personally, but much better than they ever have on current gen.
  • EA touts the possibilities of even bigger improvements in the coming years.

You can read more on EA Sports' official site. We just added well over a dozen new next-gen screenshots here.

According to the EA website, we are expecting information on new True Step player motion, new Player Sense (AI), new line play, and the living worlds aspect of the game in upcoming information releases. This confirms several foundational aspects of the game have been redone for next-gen, we're excited to find out what it all means in the upcoming weeks.

Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 DCowboys22 @ 09/30/13 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big T120588
I wonder if helmets can get knock off. At 35 sec mark the helmet move and doesn't look attached to the head.
Yea that might be my favorite element of the trailer and probably because I was surprised to see it. Had no idea that would be added. And if you look really close you can see the Ravens player's helmet move as he collides with the defender, and in the same clip, I feel like Ray Rice's helmet shifts slightly as he jukes hard.

# 142 joec63 @ 09/30/13 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
C'mon man, I expect this kind of stuff from 2013 join dates but you have been around OS since 2009, you're better than this. Even EA Tiburon has admitted that Madden was FUBAR from the start of this console gen, so there is no proof of how anyone would act if Madden was as good of a game as other top sports games, much less "the greatest game since sliced bread".

Back on topic, like Rgiles mentioned, it's crazy to see all this talk about "presentation" from EA Tiburon concerning next-gen M25 but it not pertaining to broadcast elements. Hopefully that's a focus for next year and not some new bizarre paradigm shift within the Madden universe where what presentation entails is redefined, for whatever reason. Also like I think SageInfinite mentioned, it would be archaic, imo, to still see cut scenes in next-gen M25.
Now Big , I've been around a lot longer than that but you have to admit that some of these posts are the same ole tired arguments. I've read your posts and you usually have legitimate arguments based on reason. I'm not saying EA is above reproach but to criticize this trailer based on what isn't said is beyond ridiculous. And maybe this is just me but when did non static sidelines become the standard for next gen! Heck I want the on field game to improve first Maybe EA is selling that I don't care about it.

# 143 NicVirtue @ 09/30/13 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
The problem with the "every blade of grass" stuff is right after he says that they show the footwork of a player maneuvering on it and his feet float above "every blade of glass."
I thought I was the only one that peeped that. Both his left and right foot never even touch the ground, and floats right above it, so even if its a cut, it looks like a cut on air, instead of on the ground.

# 144 DCowboys22 @ 09/30/13 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joec63
Now Big , I've been around a lot longer than that but you have to admit that some of these posts are the same ole tired arguments. I've read your posts and you usually have legitimate arguments based on reason. I'm not saying EA is above reproach but to criticize this trailer based on what isn't said is beyond ridiculous. And maybe this is just me but when did non static sidelines become the standard for next gen! Heck I want the on field game to improve first Maybe EA is selling that I don't care about it.
When do these people even see evidence of a static sideline in this trailer? Thats what I want to know.

# 145 SageInfinite @ 09/30/13 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Back on topic, like Rgiles mentioned, it's crazy to see all this talk about "presentation" from EA Tiburon concerning next-gen M25 but it not pertaining to broadcast elements. Hopefully that's a focus for next year and not some new bizarre paradigm shift within the Madden universe where what presentation entails is redefined, for whatever reason. Also like I think SageInfinite mentioned, it would be archaic, imo, to still see cut scenes in next-gen M25.
I wonder if the refs made it over to next gen, lol. Didn't see any either of the next gen clips shown today. Still early though, can't see them not adding them this year. I just want a game that resembles the movement and presentation I'm looking at right now.

# 146 capn_razzamataz @ 09/30/13 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
When have u ever seen individual sweat beads on a player. Lighting on the skin? The reflection of the stadium in on the players helmet? The players helmet being an independent property?
These questions are easy to answer and may surprise you.

1. NBA Live 06
2. NBA Live 06
3. Madden 06
4. Madden 03? (Back during the ps2 days when helmets would sometimes pop off)

Anyway... graphics are better than current gen... as they should be. I am disappointed that the player models are just slightly improved current gen models. I am disappointed that animations are just "less compressed" versions of current, crummy animations. Others have pointed out, the sidelines/endzones ain't looking too hot.

Before someone yells at me or calls me a 2k fanboy, I'm just providing my own personal opinion based on the little footage I've seen. Don't agree? Awesome. I'm not saying the game not be good, I'm just saying that it doesn't look great based on what I've seen. I'd imagine this is the case for other critics as well.

# 147 DaveDQ @ 09/30/13 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCowboys22
When do these people even see evidence of a static sideline in this trailer? Thats what I want to know.
It's there. You can see the lifeless generic cameramen in the endzone and then the watered down players on the sidelines. But this is something EA claimed would be in next-gen, which is why many are looking for it. This and their new crowds populating the stadiums.

# 148 joec63 @ 09/30/13 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCowboys22
Have no idea. Watched it a few times.

# 149 Moegames @ 09/30/13 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnyce
So, it's looking like the footage espn posted earlier was from next gen but at a lower target render. So everyone who was looking for improved gameplay which I believe is 90% of this community should wake up to the sad reality that is now . At this point, I'm confident that gameplay is 100% identical to current gen.
From one trailer you claim that nextgen gameplay will be 100% identical to current gen? Are you serious?? lol Bro i have my big major doubts with next gen launch madden 25 but even i know better to judge a book by its cover, as its foolish in the 1st degree!...wisdom comes from living life. Maybe you are still a bit green and just a young'n still but i've been a gamer for 30 years now (i am 39 years old now) and i am what is considered a hardcore gamer...i've been there done that..yes i even use to judge a book by its cover but i've learned from years living life that judging a book by its cover regardless if that book series has a bad reputation is still hasty and unwise. I will wait for judgement until i see actual game footage...because too many times when i was a lot younger i would go by a clip or a trailer and call it a day and to my surprise i was wrong more times than right and i learned being hasty is a very unwise thing to do and ruins a person's reputation...kinda like you putting your reputation on the line with that wild statement of yours, no offense bro as i was once like you.

# 150 iamgramps @ 09/30/13 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
NBA2k current gen has proven itself to be a solid game when it comes to gameplay...Madden hasnt. It doesnt deserve the benefit of the doubt that 2k gets. When The Show starts showing next gen clips, it will get the same benefit of the doubt.
You say that as if it's a fact. I respect your opinion but you can't speak for everybody. Me, personally, I think Madden 25 is a solid game.

# 151 DCowboys22 @ 09/30/13 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
It's there. You can see the lifeless generic cameramen in the endzone and then the watered down players on the sidelines. But this is something EA claimed would be in next-gen, which is why many are looking for it. This and their new crowds populating the stadiums.
I can see the generic looking cameramen, but I dont see any footage of the sidelines other than a far off, out of focus fraction of the Bengals sideline and an overhead from the stadium views which is impossible to tell anything about the sidelines. There just isnt any evidence either way. Even the bengals clip is so minor and brief that you cant possiby tell if it's static or not.

# 152 awill25 @ 09/30/13 11:07 PM
Just curious.... Did I miss the commercial that was supposed to air during this game?

# 153 mestevo @ 09/30/13 11:12 PM
That was pretty sharp, looking forward to more reveals.

# 154 unfriendlyghst @ 09/30/13 11:17 PM
After I watch NBA 2k14 video, I'm hyped.

After watching Madden video, I have more questions.

# 155 Stroehms @ 09/30/13 11:18 PM
At the very end when the screen unzooms to show Madden being played on the TV, Cruz is running down the field wide-open and in the back ground you see the fans stand up anticipating a big play. Just like in real life when a long pass is thrown. THAT is refreshing. THAT is next gen. I love it. I want more.

# 156 joec63 @ 09/30/13 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookatmenow
Thank GOD we don't have to rely on you guys because you would except anything! ...forget innovation. How long has everyone been waiting on a decent game from EA, over a decade. Not a arcade game, a game that replicate the sport to the fullest.
Just think if there were no IPAD's or IPHONE's, You guys would still be ok with the big phones with the large antenna's as long as they change colors every now and then or a some specials buttons every few years.

IT'S called INOVATION!!!! .....what have you shown me lately or better yet in EA Sports case "what have you shown me in recent years"
God has nothing to do with it. Sounds like you're trying to take credit for something. I can guarantee that you've done nothing to advance the innovation in Madden 25. The feature set was chosen long ago.

# 157 DCowboys22 @ 09/30/13 11:27 PM
I'm going to bed. This place is filled with complete airheads. "Static sidelines!" Despite the fact that you can't see much of ANY sideline in the trailer. "Same exact gameplay!", Despite the fact that outside of a couple generic moves that you see every Sunday, they didnt show much of anything aside from closeups and stadium views.

"This game is hiding their gameplay, thats why their first trailer is focused on visuals." Despite the fact that nearly every single initial trailer for next gen focused on visuals from DriveClub to NBA 2k to Watch Dogs. Thats what reels in the masses for the first look at a game. You dont start a marketing campaign with offensive line play or DB reactions.

They hate on EA for not implementing certain elements, and when they do, "they should have had this 2 years ago!", EA can't win either way. I'm not excusing past transgressions, but good lord let it go. They can make the greatest football game ever this year and hit every single gripe since the beginning of Madden and then some and still be bashed for failing to set the default hot dog prices correctly in CCM.

GTFO, try enjoying something in your lives. Anything. Now I remember why I don't comment on this site. Bunch of whiney little brats minus a few level headed minds that oddly enough, hang around these mongloids. I'll go back to checking this site strictly for news. This is like Idiocracy in here, common sense is a foreign language.

# 158 mnyce @ 09/30/13 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
From one trailer you claim that nextgen gameplay will be 100% identical to current gen? Are you serious?? lol Bro i have my big major doubts with next gen launch madden 25 but even i know better to judge a book by its cover, as its foolish in the 1st degree!...wisdom comes from living life. Maybe you are still a bit green and just a young'n still but i've been a gamer for 30 years now (i am 39 years old now) and i am what is considered a hardcore gamer...i've been there done that..yes i even use to judge a book by its cover but i've learned from years living life that judging a book by its cover regardless if that book series has a bad reputation is still hasty and unwise. I will wait for judgement until i see actual game footage...because too many times when i was a lot younger i would go by a clip or a trailer and call it a day and to my surprise i was wrong more times than right and i learned being hasty is a very unwise thing to do and ruins a person's reputation...kinda like you putting your reputation on the line with that wild statement of yours, no offense bro as i was once like you.
Moe, I hear you man.. I realize it's a very bold statement, and maybe 100% might have been an over exaggeration but from what little gameplay was shown in the trailer was all current gen animations.. horrid juke animations, terrible qb shuffle, I can keep going on.. With that said, I currently have madden 25 preordered on ps4 and will most likely cancel given that the animation overhaul most of us were looking for isn't going to happen again. And they said they were working on this game for 2 years?

# 159 Feldman011teen @ 09/30/13 11:33 PM
Can someone tell me what this had to do with "presentation"?

# 160 Demoncrom @ 09/30/13 11:34 PM
Are they joking 1. it looks nothing like the target they showed at E3.- peep the lack of detail. Where are the refs and where is the chain gang. CRAP AS USUAL

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.