Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

After ESPN confused the world earlier today claiming current generation gameplay action was next-gen, throwing the Madden public (us included) into fetal positions in the nearest corner -- EA has finally released their actual trailer for next-gen Madden today.
  • Higher fidelity graphics with more detail than ever before (obvious).
  • Animations wise, there is less compression with each one, resulting in better looking moves.
  • Better uniform degradation looks like it's in, as well as much improved lighting
  • Skin is more realistic, with light interacting with it in a more realistic manner
  • 4x the Texture Resolution, stadiums visually look much better as do crowds, fields, and uniforms.
  • Cloth physics where jerseys can be form fitting and look realistic to towels flapping around.
  • Much more varied fans both visually and with the animations. One shot showed some sitting, some standing and cheering. Oh, and crowds are fully 3D!
  • The sidelines look pretty bare still personally, but much better than they ever have on current gen.
  • EA touts the possibilities of even bigger improvements in the coming years.

You can read more on EA Sports' official site. We just added well over a dozen new next-gen screenshots here.

According to the EA website, we are expecting information on new True Step player motion, new Player Sense (AI), new line play, and the living worlds aspect of the game in upcoming information releases. This confirms several foundational aspects of the game have been redone for next-gen, we're excited to find out what it all means in the upcoming weeks.

Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Gman 18 @ 09/30/13 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feldman011teen
Can someone tell me what this had to do with "presentation"?
It shows the games graphics and the way the players and fields look

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

# 162 Gman 18 @ 09/30/13 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrom
Are they joking 1. it looks nothing like the target they showed at E3.- peep the lack of detail. Where are the refs and where is the chain gang. CRAP AS USUAL
You are already calling it crap when you only saw one video of it so far? Gimme a break...

# 163 capn_razzamataz @ 09/30/13 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCowboys22
I'm going to bed. This place is filled with complete airheads. "Static sidelines!" Despite the fact that you can't see much of ANY sideline in the trailer. "Same exact gameplay!", Despite the fact that outside of a couple generic moves that you see every Sunday, they didnt show much of anything aside from closeups and stadium views.

"This game is hiding their gameplay, thats why their first trailer is focused on visuals." Despite the fact that nearly every single initial trailer for next gen focused on visuals from DriveClub to NBA 2k to Watch Dogs. Thats what reels in the masses for the first look at a game. You dont start a marketing campaign with offensive line play or DB reactions.

They hate on EA for not implementing certain elements, and when they do, "they should have had this 2 years ago!", EA can't win either way. I'm not excusing past transgressions, but good lord let it go. They can make the greatest football game ever this year and hit every single gripe since the beginning of Madden and then some and still be bashed for failing to set the default hot dog prices correctly in CCM.

GTFO, try enjoying something in your lives. Anything. Now I remember why I don't comment on this site. Bunch of whiney little brats minus a few level headed minds that oddly enough, hang around these mongloids. I'll go back to checking this site strictly for news. This is like Idiocracy in here, common sense is a foreign language.
Oh, this will TOTALLY help level off the [lack of] discussion. The mods might as well close this now if both sides of the argument are going to be this close-minded about others' optimism/disappointment.

# 164 Gman 18 @ 09/30/13 11:40 PM
Quote:
I'm going to bed. This place is filled with complete airheads. "Static sidelines!" Despite the fact that you can't see much of ANY sideline in the trailer. "Same exact gameplay!", Despite the fact that outside of a couple generic moves that you see every Sunday, they didnt show much of anything aside from closeups and stadium views.

"This game is hiding their gameplay, thats why their first trailer is focused on visuals." Despite the fact that nearly every single initial trailer for next gen focused on visuals from DriveClub to NBA 2k to Watch Dogs. Thats what reels in the masses for the first look at a game. You dont start a marketing campaign with offensive line play or DB reactions.

They hate on EA for not implementing certain elements, and when they do, "they should have had this 2 years ago!", EA can't win either way. I'm not excusing past transgressions, but good lord let it go. They can make the greatest football game ever this year and hit every single gripe since the beginning of Madden and then some and still be bashed for failing to set the default hot dog prices correctly in CCM.

GTFO, try enjoying something in your lives. Anything. Now I remember why I don't comment on this site. Bunch of whiney little brats minus a few level headed minds that oddly enough, hang around these mongloids. I'll go back to checking this site strictly for news. This is like Idiocracy in here, common sense is a foreign language.
Some people will just never be with what they have now in madden. People always complains about what madden should've had 5 years ago instead of focusing on what they have now

# 165 aholbert32 @ 09/30/13 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgramps
You say that as if it's a fact. I respect your opinion but you can't speak for everybody. Me, personally, I think Madden 25 is a solid game.
I speak for most though. I play Madden and accept that if I want to play a pro football game I have to play Madden. I make due with whats available but I wouldnt call this a "solid game". From the lack of penalties (like pass interference) to playbooks that 80% of which have the same plays from the beginning of last gen to the bonehead late quarter and game AI. Those are just a few of the major issues of this game.

So showing a flashy presentation video isnt going to get me to upgrade this from current gen. Especially when 80% of the time when you are playing the game, you cant even see player's faces nevertheless beads of sweat.

# 166 aholbert32 @ 09/30/13 11:44 PM
Quote:

Actually you can see the sidelines. There are several clips in the video where you can see its the same cookie cutter sidelines they have in current gen just with a few more people.

Dont worry about posting here again because you are now banned.

# 167 PanthersGM305 @ 09/30/13 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Here we go again.... All about graphics just like 06. That gameplay looks identical to M25 current gen.
I just love this post.... In a few words I could not stop laughing ..." Here we go again..." Lmbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

# 168 mnyce @ 09/30/13 11:54 PM
Quote:

I think you might be missing the bigger picture hear. It's not like EA showcased the presentation in a vacuum. They didn't show us just player models, or stadium renders, they showed us in engine gameplay also. I believe it's fair to criticize all aspects of the video.

# 169 Demoncrom @ 09/30/13 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
You are already calling it crap when you only saw one video of it so far? Gimme a break...

Are you part of the madden defense force. Go look at the amazing target graphics from e3 and tell me this looks anything as good as that video? How much more do I need to see. Been watching them do this for years and its the lemmings like you who allow them perpetrate this crap year in and out.

They claimed that the e3 demo was the real deal not a target. They said that no features from this gen were cut for the next gen and if the refs are out that 2 lies already. If ea wants to be the only place for football gaming the they need to deliver the goods. Period and so far I amnot impressed.

# 170 PanthersGM305 @ 10/01/13 12:11 AM
I will stick with cur gen MD25. From what I just witness I'm going to bed... No champagne lol.
I know those hawks jersey front collar look not 10x detailed to me... On one of the bulllet point on the sales pitch was something like " now we can zoom in and out" & more promises of shadows on the helmets.

# 171 Demoncrom @ 10/01/13 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrom
Are you part of the madden defense force. Go look at the amazing target graphics from e3 and tell me this looks anything as good as that video? How much more do I need to see. Been watching them do this for years and its the lemmings like you who allow them perpetrate this crap year in and out.

They claimed that the e3 demo was the real deal not a target. They said that no features from this gen were cut for the next gen and if the refs are out that 2 lies already. If ea wants to be the only place for football gaming the they need to deliver the goods. Period and so far I amnot impressed.
I'm funny thing is I was wondering this week where the new sizzle vids were for madden since we are only 2 months from launch now. I really hope the next set of videos show more than this. Presentation, better audio. People leaving the stadium on blow outs. Real time weather effects, like snow accumulating. The ability to edit in stadium sound tracks. better stat based reactionary based ai. Making the defense react to the ball ONLy if they see it. . Real play books. Halftime that are meaningful and exciting. Commentary that is dynamic think sports talk. Dynamic rosters 2k just implemented in basketball, based on real world stats updated weekly.

# 172 SageInfinite @ 10/01/13 12:16 AM
Do stadiums usually keep the lights on during the day?

# 173 PanthersGM305 @ 10/01/13 12:26 AM
[quote=aholbert32;2045516256]Actually you can see the sidelines. There are several clips in the video where you can see its the same cookie cutter sidelines they have in current gen just with a few more people.

I thank you sir for being honest , I appreciate the post.MD25 Never say never moment of the week is "Cookie cutter sidelines" Lol I'm going to work happy tomorrow...

# 174 NicVirtue @ 10/01/13 12:48 AM
It's going to sell like hot cakes anyway, like every year, regardless of sales dip. It will still sell enough to keep producing. I'm keeping my money in my pocket until the gameplay and AI videos are shown, and if I'm impressed, I will happily buy it. I don't care about anybody else's opinion on the game.

# 175 tril @ 10/01/13 12:52 AM
everyone knows that there would be graphics, animation improvements with next gen. what about game-play features and improvements?
Besides graphics what differentiates the current gen and next gen EA?
we need details?

# 176 tril @ 10/01/13 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
Some people will just never be with what they have now in madden. People always complains about what madden should've had 5 years ago instead of focusing on what they have now

explain to us, what do they have now?
its been the same old same old, that's why people are so pessimistic

# 177 NicVirtue @ 10/01/13 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
explain to us, what do they have now?
its been the same old same old, that's why people are so pessimistic
From Madden 06 to Madden 25 current gen, there's a list for days of gameplay elements alone that have gotten better and added to the game along those years. At a point in time there was never any head tracking at all with DB's & they were all psychic. At a point in time cuts were simply the spinning of the ball carrier from 1 direction to the other. At a point in time you would get sucked into a block 3-4 yards out just so you couldn't make a play on the ball carrier. I could go on for hours.

# 178 Lexicon @ 10/01/13 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
everyone knows that there would be graphics, animation improvements with next gen. what about game-play features and improvements?
Besides graphics what differentiates the current gen and next gen EA?
we need details?
The blocking system has been completely redone from the ground up with a former NFL Lineman at the helm, and the animations don't have to be as compressed as they are in current gen, so movements and animations should be seamless.

Those are just two of the things they've talked about since E3. I'm sure there's more still. Let's play the game first, before we jump off the cliff, folks.

# 179 TjJunior @ 10/01/13 01:18 AM
When are they gonna make a video that brags about ai behavior? Guys have been bragging about how great they make grass look real since Madden 12. We get it, you made the grass look real. Helmets are shiny, jerseys are fitted and move. Guys look like they look in real life while screaming. WOW! If my defense still won't react to a reciever running in front of him in his zone because he absolutely MUST cover what the play-art tells him to, I DON'T CARE.

# 180 tril @ 10/01/13 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
The blocking system has been completely redone from the ground up with a former NFL Lineman at the helm, and the animations don't have to be as compressed as they are in current gen, so movements and animations should be seamless.

Those are just two of the things they've talked about since E3. I'm sure there's more still. Let's play the game first, before we jump off the cliff, folks.
ok.
for me it's a wait and see. IMO the game has been very stagnant, so graphics isnt a selling point for me at this point in time.
OS'ers, for the most part, are a different breed of sports gamer'. WE need details not just flashy graphics. That could be the problem. EA is marketing to the casual masses, not the hard core gamer.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.