Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

The official Madden NFL 25 Facebook page has posted four new screenshots from the next-gen version.

Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 radatdude2 @ 10/03/13 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
Did they take down the photo of D. Ware that everyone is talking about? I don't see it.
Yeah it was pretty bad to say the least, the cover boys uniform isnt even accurate so how much accuracy should we even expect at this point

# 62 infemous @ 10/03/13 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carvis#15
1.) we've gotten no clear look of gameplay from the presentation trailer
2.) People's premise from their conclusion in that case is that EA will always be bad based off of 1 out of 2 generation consoles
3.)The gameplay from that video wasn't confirmed that it was the same gameplay build. No one has any confirmation on anything

*I'm trying to see gameplay with the players we saw in that presentation trailer not that espn thing. Those were two completely different things*
Therefore I'd think it's not that easy just to draw conclusions yet. So many variables to this thing.
You can believe what you want.

But that was next gen footage and the animations are the same.

# 63 Dogslax41 @ 10/03/13 09:29 AM
Quote:
Yea there is a confusion over that. Apparently there was a miscommunication of some sort. But EA actually took off the retweet of that saints and dophins video they got from espn. I Remember seeing other info about that but I can't find it. That is also why OS closed the post about that video after the actual Next Gen Presentation trailer was released shortly after that.
They closed the thread because no one could believe that was next gen. Later it was revealed that it was next gen but it wasn't encoded properly. That was the miscommunication, not that they showed current gen footage. The Miami v New Orleans showed next gen gameplay but was not the best reflection of next gen graphics. Graphics are better represented by the sizzle trailer. That's the problem because the encoding reduced the effectiveness of the new resolution and filters so without the graphics shine it looked like the exact same game.

# 64 tnixen @ 10/03/13 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit89
Welcome to Next Gen gaming... slightly better lighting !

I have no doubt Next Gen gaming is going to be a big leap over current gen. Problem is you may have to play other games not made by EA to see it. I want so much for EA to make the football "sim" that everyone here wants so bad but it does not look like this may ever happen unfortunately

I still have hope for EA but I will admit I am losing some ever day.

# 65 wordtobigbird @ 10/03/13 11:28 AM
Looking at the Morris stiffarm I can't help but think that is going to be a hideous animation. That same old ride the stiffarm 5-7 yards animation.

# 66 carvis#15 @ 10/03/13 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
You can believe what you want.

But that was next gen footage and the animations are the same.
U still don't even have a clear idea so what are you talking about? I like to take all things into consideration but I still gotta be honest. I don't know anything. No one fully knows with this game. That's why I'm waiting for an actual game play show case that "EA actually confirms", not some outside sources.

# 67 MrSerendipity @ 10/03/13 02:38 PM
Quote:
U still don't even have a clear idea so what are you talking about? I like to take all things into consideration but I still gotta be honest. I don't know anything. No one fully knows with this game. That's why I'm waiting for an actual game play show case that "EA actually confirms", not some outside sources.
I'm not picking a fight, pal. But you seem to be the only one posting right now that doesn't have a "clear idea". People have corrected you over...and over...and over again about the Next-Gen Madden Details. If you want to hold out until you've seen additional screens and gameplay videos, nobody here is going to hassle you for that. But the facts that they've shared with you and let's not be mistaken, they are facts, have to be taken into consideration. Madden Next-Gen currently looks as if it's Current Gen with a spit-wash. Many of us are holding out until the next Madden when we expect there to be major improvements to the game. Many of us have already made that decision after the screens and gameplay videos we've been presented with thus far. Given what we've already seen of other video games, our decision is one that most would deem fair.

# 68 infemous @ 10/03/13 03:03 PM
Quote:
EA game changers have confirmed it. Of course EA the big company won't confirm it, they (or ESPN) didn't even encode the video right.

As I said, you can believe what you want, but do not try and argue with facts when you admit it yourself that you 'don't know anything'.

# 69 sportjames23 @ 10/03/13 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBorn81
Too bad the change lack of tattoos in these video games are the NFL's call, not EA's.
Which is stupid as hell, since fans can see the actual real players wearing tats every Sunday, Monday and Thursday.

# 70 carvis#15 @ 10/03/13 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSerendipity
I'm not picking a fight, pal. But you seem to be the only one posting right now that doesn't have a "clear idea". People have corrected you over...and over...and over again about the Next-Gen Madden Details. If you want to hold out until you've seen additional screens and gameplay videos, nobody here is going to hassle you for that. But the facts that they've shared with you and let's not be mistaken, they are facts, have to be taken into consideration. Madden Next-Gen currently looks as if it's Current Gen with a spit-wash. Many of us are holding out until the next Madden when we expect there to be major improvements to the game. Many of us have already made that decision after the screens and gameplay videos we've been presented with thus far. Given what we've already seen of other video games, our decision is one that most would deem fair.
Ok...I have no idea. Until then...more videos.

# 71 Dr. Banner @ 10/03/13 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggedupbruh
Player models look like last gen. Just updated trxtures. Was really wanting new player models for next gen.
Sadly your right. Definitely same models.

# 72 Dr. Banner @ 10/03/13 09:44 PM
Quote:
So people aren't buying the game because screens aren't fitting preferences and they haven't watched a gameplay video yet...
Lol ok this is funny.

# 73 capn_razzamataz @ 10/04/13 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
So can someone please explain or share what it is they want EA to do when they comment on wanting new player models?...I mean how do they improve upon models that are already close to spot on?
By making them closer to spot on...? Mostly small details, but lots of small details can make a big difference. Shoulder pads and sleeves are something I'd like to see reworked. Jerseys are very tight nowadays which means the pads underneath appear angular and defined. I don't think they look quite right in Madden. Jersey sleeves in current gen all look off to me. Normal looks too "poofy" for lack of a better term. The tight sleeves look like normal sleeves rolled up and tucked underneath the pads (notice the stripes or numbers look deformed with tight sleeves) instead of simply short, tight sleeves. The long sleeves, like Peyton Manning uses in current gen, just look ridiculous to me. They make folks look like they're wearing jerseys from the 1960s.

Yeah, things like these are little, but if they were changed, I think even you would be happy to see it.

# 74 The_Balm @ 10/04/13 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpac
Not the NFL call. It has been EA's call since Madden 06 for the X360.
No, the NFL does not allow tattoos to be in Madden anymore. They use to allow them that's why Madden 06 had them, but they do not allow them anymore.

# 75 MrSerendipity @ 10/04/13 11:46 AM
Quote:
So can someone please explain or share what it is they want EA to do when they comment on wanting new player models?...I mean how do they improve upon models that are already close to spot on?
Like this:

# 76 m1ke_nyc @ 10/04/13 11:51 AM
Quote:
Wait, Madden player models are close to spot on ?

# 77 Only1LT @ 10/04/13 12:47 PM
Quote:
Player models are far from spot on. They are disproportionate.

A human being is approximately 6-7 head lengths tall. Madden player models are lucky to be 5 heads tall. I don't care if they are in a helmet, the proportions are off and they always have been.

The legacy of Madden player models has pretty much always been, and, unfortunately, continues to be:

Big heads
Skinny bodies (just look at the Marshawn lynch photos for a quick example, though there are many)
Kung-Fu chop hands
Marionette limbs, that MUST remain at perfect right angles almost at all times

This is Madden. They can make the player models out of infinity times infinity polygons, and it won't change the fact that they are extremely detailed, yet disproportionate avatars.

Other than that, they're great

# 78 infemous @ 10/04/13 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpac
Link to where EA GameChangers confirmed it?
In the original thread where the saints vs dolphins video was posted, which is now locked has confirmation. Sorry I can't post link on my phone.

# 79 infemous @ 10/04/13 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Player models are far from spot on. They are disproportionate.

A human being is approximately 6-7 head lengths tall. Madden player models are lucky to be 5 heads tall. I don't care if they are in a helmet, the proportions are off and they always have been.

The legacy of Madden player models has pretty much always been, and, unfortunately, continues to be:

Big heads
Skinny bodies (just look at the Marshawn lynch photos for a quick example, though there are many)
Kung-Fu chop hands
Marionette limbs, that MUST remain at perfect right angles almost at all times

This is Madden. They can make the player models out of infinity times infinity polygons, and it won't change the fact that they are extremely detailed, yet disproportionate avatars.

Other than that, they're great
All of this AND:

Player body types are not distinguished from each other except for whether they are muscly (defined) or not.

Back on madden 03 you could select how much of their body mass was composed of moving fat parts or muscle bulk. You could create skinny WRs or fat FBs, create a bulky Ben Roethlisberger, a lean DE like Dion Jordan etc.

So not only are they misproportioned but with too little variety in body types.

Add all these factors onto only having what, 8 different skin tones and a lack of accessories and you get generic, nicely pixelated, generic looking players.

# 80 MrSerendipity @ 10/04/13 02:32 PM
Quote:
fair enough...BUT how would you improve that player model...what is not proportionate or not right?
It's the same player model used for every other bulky receiver and/or cornerback in Madden. All they really do is adjust size, height and throw a face on the character if he's famous enough.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.