Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 25 video, featuring CoachGlass with SmartGlass, exclusive to the Xbox One. CoachGlass gives Madden players a defensive coordinator by their side, providing easy access to an opponent’s offensive tendencies, play history and more.

YOUR OWN COORDINATOR

As soon as the opponent picks an offensive formation, CoachGlass will recommend three plays based on either the personnel or the opponent’s tendencies. This data is pulled from tens of thousands of online games and is tailored for specific formations and plays. Once you select your play, CoachGlass will then highlight the opponent’s biggest threats, allowing you to key in on the most dangerous players.

CO-OP OPPORTUNITIES

Looking to hand off the X’s and O’s responsibility? Simply have a friend or family member take over on CoachGlass to let them assume defensive coordinator duties while you focus on shutting down the opposition. CoachGlass gives players a whole new way to experience Madden NFL 25, and helps teach basic play-calling strategy in a fun, intuitive way.

DYNAMIC UPDATES

New data is constantly being fed into CoachGlass, allowing for even more accurate tracking of opponent tendencies and strategy. The Madden NFL servers capture the result of every online play, and CoachGlass will be regularly updated for easy access to the best plays available, regardless of the situation.

INSTANT RECALL

Looking for that killer blitz that led to a big play earlier in the game? CoachGlass remembers the last 64 plays called and provides an in-depth look at the most effective plays. Search through your plays to reveal trends in order to get a read on what your opponent is going to call next.

Press Release

CoachGlass Redefines Strategy in Madden NFL 25 for Xbox One

Second-Screen Experience Puts a Defensive Coordinator on Your Smartphone or Tablet

Today EA SPORTS unveiled CoachGlass, a powerful new defensive tool for tablets and smartphones that will change the way fans play Madden NFL 25. CoachGlass allows players to see their opponent’s offensive tendencies, personnel groupings and major weapons, and suggests defensive plays designed to counter the offense’s biggest strengths. CoachGlass uses the power of the cloud to pull data from tens of thousands of online matchups, with regular updates providing a fresh stream of content and recommendations to users. CoachGlass will be available for Madden NFL 25 on Xbox One at launch.

CoachGlass is useful for all skill levels, as it can be used to select plays based on offensive personnel groups, or to track tendencies at various downs and distances in order help players predict the opposition’s tendencies, and call plays to defend the part of the field their opponent is likely to attack. CoachGlass also allows users to browse through previous plays called during a given game, with filters to sort by down, distance and more. Best of all, CoachGlass can be used at any point in a game, as well as both online and offline in Play Now, Connected Franchise, Madden Ultimate Team and other modes.

CoachGlass also opens up new opportunities for co-op, allowing one player to take the tablet or smartphone and act as defensive coordinator, while another player handles the on-field action. It’s a perfect way for players to teach friends and loved ones the strategy of football in a fun and approachable way.

CoachGlass is part of SmartGlass for Xbox One and is exclusive to Microsoft. CoachGlass can be accessed on any tablet or smartphone that is able to download SmartGlass for Xbox One.

Madden NFL 25 is developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon and is now available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and PlayStation®3 entertainment system, as well as on iPhone®, iPad® and Google Play. Madden NFL 25 will also be available for Xbox One, the all-in-one entertainment system from Microsoft on November 19th, and the PlayStation®4 on November 12th.

Below are a some of the articles that have popped up on the net:

Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 reverend_heat @ 10/08/13 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
And on that note. I am very very encouraged about the oline play from the one run play that was shown. Staggered oline based on some dlinemen forcing their matchup deeper in the backfield than others and the player that made the tackle not just insta breaking the block and running away from the blocker but rather pushing off of him and turning to make the tackle. That was really the only play that showed anything other than what looks very similar to current gen.
Actually, from that small snippet, I agree with you. At the :30 second mark, the left guard comes out of his stance, and immediately gets to the second level and knocks a LB off of his pursuit angle. The way the OL/DL engage is different from current gen, whether it is different in a good way who the hell knows, but it is definitely different.

# 62 cthurt @ 10/08/13 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
We said the same thing after Madden 2006 on Xbox 360 was released. Fast forward 8 years and people are still saying the same line lol.
I feel you lol it wont ever be what we want it to be when its the same team working on it every year, or until the NFL License is available to other companies.

# 63 jpdavis82 @ 10/08/13 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
I feel you lol it wont ever be what we want it to be when its the same team working on it every year, or until the NFL License is available to other companies.
It's not the same team though, I believe Kolbe Launchbaugh, former producer of MLB The Show, is only working on next gen Madden titles. Sean Graddy and Kevin Huddleston are new for next gen also. I think they just ported over the current gen version and are working on something special for future versions. Everyone complained about Madden 06 when they scrapped the old engine, so we have to keep that in mind. I'm sure there are some other exciting things planned for the future, but they only have been working on next gen Madden 25 since current gen released. We need a full dev cycle to see what Madden next gen is all about (Madden 15), not just 3 or 4 months(Madden 25). The ignite engine was being developed for the last 2 years, NOT Madden 25 next gen, keep that in mind.

# 64 Dogslax41 @ 10/08/13 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
Actually, from that small snippet, I agree with you. At the :30 second mark, the left guard comes out of his stance, and immediately gets to the second level and knocks a LB off of his pursuit angle. The way the OL/DL engage is different from current gen, whether it is different in a good way who the hell knows, but it is definitely different.
You can see the Center yank his defender toward him and turn him 90 degrees to the left using actual realistic form. That was never done in any previous Madden. The oline usually only stood toe to toe in some stupid pattycake animation up until Madden 25 on current gen and even then they just drove in a straight line. This resulted in the run game being massively overpowered because the dline never got a push into the backfield. Even the DE that made the tackle had worked to turn the RT to get upfield to make the tackle. And the fullback comes through the hole and only gets a piece of the linebacker and not a fully engaged block. Sorry but that did look very realistic.

# 65 newtonfb @ 10/08/13 12:27 PM
wow after watching that engadget video im really dissapointed. Just look how the players still float above the ground and slide into place. I was hoping that the players would have some weight and phsyics to them. If anyone thinks that this will change your sadly mistaken. Its the core of the engine, ya they updated the graphics but in the last 2 or so years they should of built a new physics based engine for next gen from the ground up. Wow i cant believe that they just ported the game over and made it look better. Its a sad sad day.

# 66 mynameisfriday @ 10/08/13 12:33 PM
Hey guys, I normally don't post in here...I just browse and read. But after seeing this new footage of next-gen Madden 25, I had to say something. I've been nipping at the bit for next-gen madden since it was announced...to see that they just ported it over and added shoe polish on it is inexcusable. Very very disappointed...I had to ask myself it it really was next gen. only thing I noticed different in the engadget vid was o-lineman turning d-linemen sideways. that was literally it. good thing I didn't preorder. *end rant*

# 67 SanToniyo @ 10/08/13 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myownsun
http://youtu.be/PE-_eg-CM_0
gameplay footage from engadget

Someone embed this
wow, they didnt even show us one pass play at all -_- Really wanted to see how this supposed pass rush is looking

# 68 radatdude2 @ 10/08/13 01:01 PM
WOW that video of the saints and dolphins gameplay just killed it for me just got back from gamestop and canceled my pre-order: the guy asked why i said have you seen the latest footage he said yeah its pretty bad for madden on next-gen smh

# 69 TDKing @ 10/08/13 01:04 PM
LOL.. There is no way in Hell I'm gonna play with a second screen in my lap. lol.... STOP!! EA is so out of touch with the community its not even funny. Yeah I saw this feature at the top of everyone's wishlist WOW !!!

# 70 cthurt @ 10/08/13 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
It's not the same team though, I believe Kolbe Launchbaugh, former producer of MLB The Show, is only working on next gen Madden titles. Sean Graddy and Kevin Huddleston are new for next gen also. I think they just ported over the current gen version and are working on something special for future versions. Everyone complained about Madden 06 when they scrapped the old engine, so we have to keep that in mind. I'm sure there are some other exciting things planned for the future, but they only have been working on next gen Madden 25 since current gen released. We need a full dev cycle to see what Madden next gen is all about (Madden 15), not just 3 or 4 months(Madden 25). The ignite engine was being developed for the last 2 years, NOT Madden 25 next gen, keep that in mind.
Well im glad to hear there is a new team on next gen madden, esp a mlb show guy, guess i will save my excitement for next year then.

# 71 UNC_Pete @ 10/08/13 01:39 PM
I'm one of the biggest Madden haters out there but I still don't have enough footage to judge the game. The o line / d line interactions did look improved on the run play.

# 72 reverend_heat @ 10/08/13 01:48 PM
Didn't read entire thread, but I know a few people have complained about how Madden shows J.J. Watt's player model, it shows in the video that next gen still has his enormous beer belly.

# 73 StayPlation82 @ 10/08/13 02:23 PM
It seems to me from listening to the press row podcast that this feature isn't Xbox1 exclusive. love the feature nonetheless.

edit: upon further reading I see "exclusively on xbox one" so nevermind.

still cool.

# 74 Only1LT @ 10/08/13 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Call me crazy, but I actually like this new feature. Anything that is "intelligent" and can be applied to the football chess match is welcome as long as it is done right. This is a good concept, let's see how it's implemented.

Also, the gameplay looked pretty good to me, but it's too small a sample size. I don't really care about graphics, if the AI and the football realism under the hood is better, then I will like the game. (Player movement as well).

This, conceptually anyway, is very innovative and can be something that is very, very cool if it is implemented properly. Let's hope.
You're crazy...

# 75 roadman @ 10/08/13 02:32 PM
Part one is called innovation, part two is called implementation.

I like the innovation part, now, I need to see how it works.

The big however for me, though, is PS4 is on the horizon, not the xbone.

# 76 Cowboy008 @ 10/08/13 02:41 PM
So this feature is only available for Xbox One? That's fine I probably wouldn't use it anyway.

# 77 TeeDogg @ 10/08/13 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Part one is called innovation, part two is called implementation.

I like the innovation part, now, I need to see how it works.

The big however for me, though, is PS4 is on the horizon, not the xbone.
Implementation is where EA struggles most. But either way I won't be using it, however I can see where this is scratching the surface of some pretty major possibilities for guys who like coach mode.

# 78 criscarter @ 10/08/13 02:56 PM
So, this feature is actually pretty neat, if implemented correctly.

But the video actually brought down my expectations of Madden next-gen dramatically. A few things looked a lot better, like the crowd. The rest? Marginal improvements at best. Slightly improved graphics, same cut scenes, same game play. Really disappointing.

# 79 guaps @ 10/08/13 02:57 PM
Seems like an interesting idea.

I'm on the PS4, however, and would rather have an app to manage my franchise mode. I spend a lot of time browsing menues and it would be nice if we could do team management, trades, owner mode features etc. on a touch screen instead of using the controller.

Also was surprised to learn that the videos were next-gen footage. I honestly didn't notice until I read the comments. This means I'll probably cancel my pre-order as I don't need the same game on two different generations of consoles.

# 80 roadman @ 10/08/13 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
That's just it though Road, i honestly don't believe EA Tiburon is bad at implementation, it's that we misunderstand the innovation. For example, throw a receiver open in M13 was always intended to change a receivers route with the controller because a developer told us so from the jump. (Illustrator76 pointed it out in video blogs for NCAA 13).

We tend to give EA Tiburon the benefit of the doubt and state how good premises seem to get lost in translation when implemented but the translation lost is when we misunderstand what they intended to happen all along.

I can see it now, people posting about CoachGlass and how it should be expanded to help AI play calling and blah, blah, blah, next year. Only to have it be ignored the next year or continue down the gimmicky path it was intended for since it's inception. EA Tiburon is making Madden the game they want, that they believe will make them the most money and the things implemented contrary to NFL representation that we see as mistakes are mostly intentional design.
I agree with most of this, especially the part they make the game they want to and the Illy part too. You have history on your side, if I put the word gimmick on it, I feel as though I'm putting the cart before the horse before I see more this in action.

For me, it seems like a sim feature with potential.(potential being the key word) One can only dream that tiered-play calling is ringing on the doorstep.

History can change, too, but will it? Time will tell.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.