Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Endgadget posted a video showing off CoachGlass during a play session of Madden NFL 25. This video also offers some of our first glimpses of next-gen gameplay video. [YouTube]

What can you spot?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Cowboy008 @ 10/08/13 02:38 PM
So is this the only info we are going to get today?

# 22 ultralow36 @ 10/08/13 02:47 PM
who in here was thinking after 25yrs that EA would change the way this game plays...I see some of yall was thinking that ....smh

# 23 sk @ 10/08/13 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovejoyOTF
that the gameplay looks identical and the sidelines looks static.
I didn't know you could determine how the game plays and feels just by watching 2 plays?

Yeah it looks identical because it's still football.

# 24 ngr49er @ 10/08/13 02:52 PM
Blades of Grass has sold it for me. I gonna have to spend £430 for xbox1 and £45 for Madden 25 and £500 for a new lawnmower to cut them blades of grass. Maybe there will be dlc on madden 25 where you can get different types of lawnmowers.

# 25 cthurt @ 10/08/13 02:54 PM
Lets see they butcher almost all the fields in current gen madden by making them a crazy lime green, and now all they wanna talk about is grass improvements in the next gen game...well played EA.

# 26 Dogslax41 @ 10/08/13 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
@Dogslax41, I don't doubt that online/dline interaction is better/improved in those clips or next gen M25 but the overall approach towards the game still seems the same. Meaning piecemealing in football representation, like OL/DL interaction, while focusing resources on gimmicks, like CoachGlass. This is the same thing we have seen time and time again, the priorities for this NFL simulation game are NOT on representing NFL football.

I don't doubt for M15 they will work on something like WR/DB interaction and some kind of enhanced modifier for all defensive positions. However they will leave a host of other issues untouched, while focusing resources and improved console power on fluff.
I'm still willing to give it a couple more weeks now. Coaching glass was never announced as one of their major marketing releases. I am now looking forward to what they have to say on the war in the trenches development they have scheduled.

The changes they made to the oline/dline is specifically including something that is focused on representing NFL football. Madden 25 saw a huge jump from 13 in the line play. If they weren't interested in movgin the sim needle forward they could have stood fast on line play and not taken the next step in making it appear that much more realistic.

If they want to develop some gimmick like coach glass at the same time to catch the eye of reviewers and casual gamers or to get in good with Microsoft by pumping their tablet then so be it, as long as they give me an improvement in a sim area. And that is exactly what that video showed. A massive step toward progressing one of the most important components on the field from a sim standpoint, line play. That run play, from a blocking scheme standpoint, looked better than anything we have ever seen from a sim standpoint.

# 27 brent3419 @ 10/08/13 02:56 PM
i try to play devils advocate for madden but...seeing this....im slighty disappointed

# 28 BenGerman @ 10/08/13 03:09 PM
How does the gameplay look exactly the same?

How do the sidelines not look any better?

# 29 dougdeuce @ 10/08/13 03:10 PM
So disappointed that tiered play calling still isn't in.

# 30 Dogslax41 @ 10/08/13 03:11 PM
Quote:
I hear you but I have seen this movie too many times at this point, so I'm pretty sure how it ends. I wrote an impression on M25 current gen that I think pretty much will hold true for as long as Madden is exclusive.

.....if I were to try to sum up my impression of M25 in a sentence, it would be that it generally improves on "the letter of the law" but still misses "the spirit of the law", in relation to representing NFL football. So if you are able to enjoy or tolerate a video game based on NFL football then M25 is generally speaking the best one of those to date but if you're looking for a NFL experience in a video game, M25 will tease you then ultimately leave you still desperately wanting.
Agree 100%. I will just say that I have not been impressed by anything they had shown, not the fancy fake graphics they showed at E3 not the staged sizzle trailer or the ultra high definition graphics, but that 5 seconds on that running play had my jaw dropped. And this is super nerdy from a sim/realism standpoint, but watching the center rip the dlineman towards him and rotate him left meant more to me than any uniform, accessory or stat overlay ever could from a realism standpoint. They could be wearing all black and white plain riddell jerseys as long as their interaction shows that level of detail.

# 31 dghustla @ 10/08/13 03:22 PM
Quote:
I hear you but I have seen this movie too many times at this point, so I'm pretty sure how it ends. I wrote an impression on M25 current gen that I think pretty much will hold true for as long as Madden is exclusive.

.....if I were to try to sum up my impression of M25 in a sentence, it would be that it generally improves on "the letter of the law" but still misses "the spirit of the law", in relation to representing NFL football. So if you are able to enjoy or tolerate a video game based on NFL football then M25 is generally speaking the best one of those to date but if you're looking for a NFL experience in a video game, M25 will tease you then ultimately leave you still desperately wanting.

I always respect your post, you bring a great deal of insight. I want to ask you this. How realistic is it really for them to change multiple key areas of game-play in one cycle? I think NBA Live tried that approach and it clearly broke the game. We can all agree that changing the game engine on gen 3 for NCAA and Madden was a huge step back. I'll never forget powering up NCAA for the first time in my ps3 and thinking...."what the hell happened to the player". None the less since last year and this year with madden 25 you don't feel that this team has or is making any strides? The community has been yelling for foot-planting and physics for years. Now granted the players still hover sometimes when they are running, but they are moving in a positive direction. I don't think its realistic to spend an entire cycle only improving every aspect of gameplay because most of those fixes ppl will not notice. for example the players hovering above ground. They could fix that and if they didn't do a press release about it, most ppl who buy the game wouldn't even know it had changed.

I like the Oline/Dline focus for 2 reason.
1) It all starts in the trenches you can not have a realistic football game unless the Oline/Dline is spot on.
2) Thats the total opposite of fluff. There is nothing fluff about Oline/Dline. They could have address things that were WR or QB related which would catch the eye of the causal fan.

*I'm still holding out hope that this game changing announcing this week is Ball Physics. Still haven't seen an in game passing play outside of that grainy MNF video.

# 32 tmac747 @ 10/08/13 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschie
Why would I care about this? Can I not call plays? Or would I rather see some actual footage of the game? This looks eerily similar to Madden 25 on PS3.
My thoughts exactly!

# 33 T5063 @ 10/08/13 03:35 PM
C'mon guys. Did you really expect two football game with the same name, released by the same company 3 months apart (same gen or not) to be totally different?

Now, if EA didn't make a Madden game this year for PS3/XBOX360 and this was their only game or if this was supposed to be next year's Madden then I'd be dissappointed.

A polished up, prettier port is what I was expecting from new gen Madden 25. Its next year's game that really has a lot of pressure on it because, for me at least, that will be the real next gen Madden.

# 34 SageInfinite @ 10/08/13 03:35 PM
I just wish it moved more realistically. That's my main problem with Madden. I hate the way it looks. To see every lineman get set the same way everytime. To see safety's swivel and turn around in one motion preplay. To see linebackers hunched over and stiff. To see the quarterback shuffle like an action figure stiffly in the backfield. I hate it all. I just wish Tiburon hated it too. If they just moved different that would make a world of difference for me.

They talk about animation fidelity being ten times greater. True step motion. I'm really waiting on this info, because from the little bit of info shown it's bs. Guys are still warping and shifting. Runners feet are still shuffling unrealistically. Quarterback throwing motions are like 6 year olds throwing passes at times, lmao. I mean it just kills the game for me. That's all I want Tiburon. Give me better animations. They are AWFUL.

# 35 tmac747 @ 10/08/13 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
The online/dline changes shown in the video are not minor changes. I can't believe that I am actually on the Madden defense side given how critical I have been, but the blocking shown on that small snippet of video has the potential to create a completely different game. Madden 25 on current gen for me was unplayable mostly because the oline had been beefed up and the dline would just get mauled on every play and you could gain 4-5 yards per run unless you imbalanced the sliders so much that the CPU had insta penetration. Watching the interaction of oline/dline and TE/FB with linebackers looked realistic and certainly opens the door for ratings to matter on the line.

The dline was getting variable pressure on the run play - that didn't happen on current gen

The oline turned defenders away from the play - that didn't happen on current gen

the FB hit the hole and got an imperfect chip on the linebacker not a full blown pancake or pattycake that knocked the LB off balance but not out of the play - that didnt happen on current gen

Defenders worked to turn olinemen to get to the ball carrier - that didn't happen on current gen

Oline and dline were shown actually handfighting not playing pattycake - that didn't happen on current gen

dlinemen extended his arm to actually break the block rather than just disengaging - that didn't happen on current gen

Just making those changes to a core component of the game (oline/dline) would require massive work balancing the game and could have a huge impact to gameplay.

You want to be critical about the graphics not looking anything like what they said they were going to deliver at E3 then so be it that's more than fair. It does look like a bait and switch from a marketing perspective as this looks nothing like those detailed shots of RG3. But even just based on that short video to say its just a direct port means you are missing out on what looks like a key improvement over current gen.
As far as the O-line and the D-line interactions, I get the same results with M25 on PS3 now. Just make some adjustments with penalties and you will see a very good game in the trenches.

# 36 bowld @ 10/08/13 03:41 PM
What happened to the look we saw at E3? This game looks exactly like current gen where @ E3 it looked a lot more like nfl2k..wtf ea?

# 37 dghustla @ 10/08/13 03:42 PM
Question for the guys who have Madden 25 current gen. I held off on buying because I am waiting for Gen4 (I only played the demo). At the 1:55 mark they are showing a replay of Tannehill in the shotgun. I noticed that on the snap the ball was wobbly and was not snapped with a tight spiral. On Madden 25 current gen are the shotgun snaps always tight spirals of do they vary?

# 38 Dogslax41 @ 10/08/13 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac747
As far as the O-line and the D-line interactions, I get the same results with M25 on PS3 now. Just make some adjustments with penalties and you will see a very good game in the trenches.
It's not possible to match what was shown on that video with sliders on current gen. Those are entirely new animations and interactions. Olinemen on current gen can't turn a defender away from the play I dont care what slider adjustments that you make. You can edit how long they can hold the pattycake animation or drive the dlineman deeper but sliders dont replicate what this video shows. Show me one video of your sliders causing an olineman to pull the defender toward him and then use his momentum to turn him 90 degrees to keep him out of the play.

# 39 Dogslax41 @ 10/08/13 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
Question for the guys who have Madden 25 current gen. I held off on buying because I am waiting for Gen4 (I only played the demo). At the 1:55 mark they are showing a replay of Tannehill in the shotgun. I noticed that on the snap the ball was wobbly and was not snapped with a tight spiral. On Madden 25 current gen are the shotgun snaps always tight spirals of do they vary?
I've never noticed them vary but I also would have never noticed bad snaps on field goals until that monotone nimrod Simms mentioned it.

# 40 dghustla @ 10/08/13 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
I've never noticed them vary but I also would have never noticed bad snaps on field goals until that monotone nimrod Simms mentioned it.

So they do have some loose spiral snap animations?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.