Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Endgadget posted a video showing off CoachGlass during a play session of Madden NFL 25. This video also offers some of our first glimpses of next-gen gameplay video. [YouTube]

What can you spot?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 mrprice33 @ 10/08/13 06:00 PM
The OL/DL improvements are pretty obvious from here. Excited to see what else they show us.

# 62 Moegames @ 10/08/13 06:04 PM
I was really hoping to see some actual gameplay footage today longer than 15 seconds.

Again..i will hold judgement until we actually see some in-game footage of the game playing from a near final build.

# 63 yanek27 @ 10/08/13 06:48 PM
This ONLY ON XBOX stuff has to go. I mean really am I excited about this new coach feature? No. But it makes me upset to see ONLY on XBOX. We had to put up with stupid crap line custom music only in NBA 2k or NHL for XBOX. The NFL signing with Xbox is a joke. Maybe next year Madden will only be in XBOX ONE. That would be great then maybe the show developers can make a NFL game.

# 64 bigbri @ 10/08/13 08:01 PM
It's sad to me that they would promote a feature such as this, not that it's a bad addition to the game, but for the fact we get this info before any other real news on the game itself. I would think they'd want to show off the actual product before a side feature in which most of us won't use or get tired quickly of juggling two devices in our hands to play D. Is this really your top feature that separates next gen from last?? Or is it the blades of grass I hear about in every video and interview?? Tiring, C'mon EA.....

# 65 RandyBass @ 10/08/13 08:15 PM
Man, you wanna talk about stagnation in the industry? Oooooh boy, the game looks pretty much exactly like current gen.

I'm calling it now, the video game industry won't survive another recession like it did a few years ago, not with this type of stuff you see here. People like video games, but not that much, and even if there is no recession they're gonna need something more than this. SMH. If I was a developer associated with one of the big publishers I would prepare myself. That's all I'm sayin'.

# 66 OPDriver @ 10/08/13 08:51 PM
So, another back to the box feature that most people won't use. Fantastic.

EA, how about making a game that would make people stop and say, "Wow! Now that is a next gen football game!"? Is that really too much to ask? (rhetorical question)

I know anyone making a product ultimately wants to make a profit, that's the goal, but EA is getting ridiculous with the lack of progression in the series.

It looks the same. Sure its just a couple minutes of video with just a bit of actual game play footage, but it doesn't take much to see that there isn't much difference from 360/PS3 as far as player movement and animations. Maybe I'm being to judgmental at this point in time, but nothing of that footage made me stop and think that it is next gen in any fashion. And with EA it doesn't take much to see that if the animations/player movement looks to be the same, everything else will be as well.

I had high hopes for next gen Madden, but the past few weeks or so have taken the air right out of the sails on this voyage. Maybe I'm wrong and Madden will be solid for X1 and PS4, but I highly doubt that will be the case.

Just have to pass and put that $60 on FIFA 14 or NBA2K14. Maybe we will get that true football sim one day guys.

# 67 bukktown @ 10/08/13 08:52 PM
That's a pretty cool thing to push to the tablet. It's kind of classic that they wouldnt put it on the main screen though. I would much rather have it there.

# 68 ODogg @ 10/08/13 09:06 PM
So the tablet won't be supported on the PS4?

# 69 PAPERNUT @ 10/08/13 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
So the tablet won't be supported on the PS4?
https://twitter.com/kolbel/status/387735414398013440

I would say this means another timed exclusive. I would expect to see it on PS4 a few months later as well.

# 70 neily8 @ 10/08/13 10:45 PM
I'm not sure how many of the fans actually realize how bad this game is. After getting my hopes up thinking that they would somehow put together a decent game for the next generation consoles...I've lost all hope after seeing the last two promotional videos. The animations in this game are atrocious. There are feet sliding everywhere, the ball still looks like it pops into the quarterbacks hands, the running animations are so stiff and robotic it's mind boggling. The coaches on the sidelines are jokes. I have no doubt that I could do a better job than the art director/creative director on this project with my eyes closed. EA does not deserve the license any longer. 2K sports would've put out a game that looks better than this in the current console generation. Tiburon should be ashamed of putting out such **** year after year. But hey, at least they're focusing on the blades of grass looking good while the players feet just slide through it.

# 71 Dr. Poe @ 10/08/13 10:47 PM
Pretty cool. You could use this in franchise mode. Shocked it's only for xbox one, but I will be happy since I will be getting one.

# 72 m1ke_nyc @ 10/08/13 11:18 PM
I havent seen enough yet to make a decision but im leaning towards not buying it. That little bit of gameplay in the vid looks the same as what ive been playing. QB drop backs are a complete joke and the way they move in the pocket smfh. Then the throwing motions are horrible. Its all stiff and weird, the ball seems to glitch out of their hands when they throw it. Line play looked better it really did but thats not enough.

# 73 CatMan72 @ 10/08/13 11:34 PM
More talk about blades of grass, yet they still haven't fixed the Panthers uniforms... SIGH.

# 74 inkcil @ 10/08/13 11:36 PM
Completely mind-numbing how "current gen" the game looked...from the huddle cut-scene to the way the defenders line up to the way the linemen hunch over pre-snap to the way the QB moves...wow, just wow. And the guy playing Madden with a tablet in his lap? Really? That is one of the most ridiculous video-gaming scenes I've ever seen.

If anyone was still wondering "why no next gen footage yet" you now have your answer. Game looks terrible.

# 75 secondsolution @ 10/08/13 11:39 PM
I know people have been praising the o-line improvements, but something looked off about it to me. It still looked like multiple d-linemen breaking off their blocks at the same time and just didn't look that improved.

At the moment that snippet has made be go from definitely buying to still buying but hesitant. EA better wow us in the coming weeks or else sales will continue to be down.

# 76 mestevo @ 10/08/13 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by papernut
https://twitter.com/kolbel/status/387735414398013440

I would say this means another timed exclusive. I would expect to see it on PS4 a few months later as well.
That reads more like one day they hope to develop it as a seperate app. I wouldn't expect something like that until next year then. An app that hooks and enjoys benefits and synergies with other EA properties could be pretty neat.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

# 77 d11king @ 10/08/13 11:49 PM
Madden, LOL

# 78 msdm27 @ 10/09/13 01:08 AM
You know what irritates me the most.... this year they're saying "we've been working on it for 2 years, it's a full blown version of M25"..... and next year by this time they'll be saying "you know, with the next gen consoles being so new, we didn't have enough time to use their full potential, this is the best Madden ever"...

And it will go on and on and on, apparently until the license is not exclusive anymore

# 79 msdm27 @ 10/09/13 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa D
It's taken them 2 years to Port from current gen?? wow.. That says a lot..
Yes, they've been working on this version for 2 years.
But as Pastapadre said in the pressrow hangout, I think all the "new" features for nextgen probably could have been added to current gen Madden 25 and they just decided to hold them out and tout them as "next gen advancements"

If one was to give them the benefit of the doubt... we've hard NOTHING about CFM in next-gen... I hope to baby jeezus who lives in heaven that there's a lot more depth to the mode and close to no bugs.

But on the other side, them being so good at hype-marketing, if there was something new to the mode, we've probably heard by now.

# 80 lisinas @ 10/09/13 02:50 AM
I didnt expect much, but this is just sad and depressing that we will have to suffer with the next gen too.

But hey we have blades of grass.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.