Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Endgadget posted a video showing off CoachGlass during a play session of Madden NFL 25. This video also offers some of our first glimpses of next-gen gameplay video. [YouTube]

What can you spot?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Only1LT @ 10/09/13 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Come on guys this really isn't that hard to figure out, Madden 25 and FIFA 14 are both ports of their current gen versions but they are running on the Ignite engine. The reason they can say they learned from the past, is because they had a new engine (Ignite, worked on it for two years) ready to port the games over onto. NBA 2k is possibly doing the same thing, porting their game over onto a new engine, no evidence to suggest they are or are not. Anyway, Madden and FIFA are both ports of current gen. Madden 15 and FIFA 15 will be new games and the first next gen versions of each title that are truly brand new. NBA Live 14 is the first EA Sports title that is truly a new next gen game.
I have no problem with you JP and I don't want to get off topic. I just want to ask a question and a simple yes or no will do. I won't mention it again.

Didn't you guarantee that Madden 25 current gen would be a water shed moment for the franchise, and then when it wasn't, and I brought up your guarantee, did you NOT then say you were wrong and then guarantee that next gen Madden 25 will really bring it?

# 102 jpdavis82 @ 10/09/13 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
I have no problem with you JP and I don't want to get off topic. I just want to ask a question and a simple yes or no will do. I won't mention it again.

Didn't you guarantee that Madden 25 current gen would be a water shed moment for the franchise, and then when it wasn't, and I brought up your guarantee, did you NOT then say you were wrong and then guarantee that next gen Madden 25 will really bring it?
I may be wrong, don't honestly remember, have had a lot of life events happen since then, primarily, my wedding, but I thought I said Madden 25 next gen would show enough improvement to give people sincere hope for the future. I also feel like I've said all along that Madden 15 would be THE Madden that we've been waiting for.

# 103 Only1LT @ 10/09/13 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I may be wrong, don't honestly remember, have had a lot of life events happen since then, primarily, my wedding, but I thought I said Madden 25 next gen would show enough improvement to give people sincere hope for the future. I also feel like I've said all along that Madden 15 would be THE Madden that we've been waiting for.
Not my recollection lol, but I won't bring it up again.

Congrats on the wedding man!

# 104 roadman @ 10/09/13 12:41 PM
I've been hard lately on Madden because my frustration has been mounting and building up that legacy issues haven't been addressed for awhile.

This podcast from Cam Weber was back in June and it's the first time I've heard it. It's only 13 minutes in length and 75% of it is regarding next generation and the ignite engine.

This is why I've said I'm waiting for more info to come beating down the door because I can't believe what little I've seen for the past week.

http://reviewfix.com/2013/06/review-...ses-madden-25/

# 105 SageInfinite @ 10/09/13 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I've been hard lately on Madden because my frustration has been mounting and building up that legacy issues haven't been addressed for awhile.

This podcast from Cam Weber was back in June and it's the first time I've heard it. It's only 13 minutes in length and 75% of it is regarding next generation and the ignite engine.

This is why I've said I'm waiting for more info to come beating down the door because I can't believe what little I've seen for the past week.

Good looks road, never heard this either.

# 106 SageInfinite @ 10/09/13 12:57 PM
Quote:

I remember him saying both. Congrats JP.

# 107 guaps @ 10/09/13 01:03 PM
Quote:

Cam Weber sells the game for sure. This is perhaps one of the reasons that I'm so disappointed about what we're seeing right now. The E3 trailer along with the interviews with Cam Weber back in June had me hoping for more. Instead it looks like we're get a game that could have been on current gen consoles.

# 108 roadman @ 10/09/13 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
Cam Weber sells the game for sure. This is perhaps one of the reasons that I'm so disappointed about what we're seeing right now. The E3 trailer along with the interviews with Cam Weber back in June had me hoping for more. Instead it looks like we're get a game that could have been on current gen consoles.
I'm not so convinced, yet, I haven't seen the ignite engine enough in the videos. I want to see TruStep, the AI, and Living Worlds before making a decision.

What I've seen so far, not impressed, but I'm waiting for more to come.

# 109 jpdavis82 @ 10/09/13 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
That's how I felt after listening to that too, doesn't mean that the things he mentioned aren't in the game, but I don't get that WOW factor that he's describing from what we have seen so far. Some screenshots have given me the WOW factor though, we'll see how things go from here.

# 110 SageInfinite @ 10/09/13 01:17 PM
I really like Cam Weber and what he has to say, but none of the stuff he talks about translates well into the game. Just hearing him talk about current gen Madden toward the end, he mentions how they really added alot of wrap tackles. I'm sure they did but the stuff that stands out, or that is prominent in the game is the WWE style lunge shoulder tackles.

So when I hear him talk about Gen 4, it really doesn't give me much hope. It just seems like these guys see stuff different than alot of us. Maybe they think this stuff does function and look realistic. I really hope they don't and it's just marketing talk and hype, but they seem really sincere.

I just know one thing, if a majority of these animations aren't cleaned up next year, and replaced with more accurate realistic stuff, I'm going in. I'm not being fair anymore, because there is really no excuse for you to talk all this tech 10 times this and more fluid that, and your game still moves like a stop motion puppet show at times.

# 111 Dogslax41 @ 10/09/13 01:57 PM
Quote:
I'm not so convinced, yet, I haven't seen the ignite engine enough in the videos. I want to see TruStep, the AI, and Living Worlds before making a decision.

What I've seen so far, not impressed, but I'm waiting for more to come.
Agree. On top of that I am just having a hard time accepting that a game worked on by Cam Weber and Kolbe Launchbaugh could not come with something that left its mark.

They have two of the best in the sports gaming business. If this fails how can the finger not point anywhere except at the executives and the conclusion reached that this is not ever going to change because the creative direction is never going to change no matter who works on it.

# 112 BigDaddyHolmes @ 10/09/13 01:58 PM
I am 100% sure that Madden 25 next gen will be just like the Maddens in the past. Want to know how I can be sure of this? The following is all I need-

The Ignite Engine
TruStep
Living Worlds

Just a few of this years gimmick names EA still feels they have to throw out there to impress. Just make a good game already and drop the created names to make things look better then they are.

# 113 inkcil @ 10/09/13 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyHolmes
I am 100% sure that Madden 25 next gen will be just like the Maddens in the past. Want to know how I can be sure of this? The following is all I need-

The Ignite Engine
TruStep
Living Worlds

Just a few of this years gimmick names EA still feels they have to throw out there to impress. Just make a good game already and drop the created names to make things look better then they are.
It's actually a part of a very good business formula for financial success in this situation...take a lackluster product and highlight several of it's components by slapping a fancy name on them.

So its like I'm selling you a car with old brakes and I'm saying that the car features "true-break" technology which ensures that the break pedal is as responsive as possible. Also the steering wheel is equipped with "horn feel" which means the harder you press the horn the louder it blows, allowing you to control exactly how long and how loud you want the horn to blow. Lastly, the car has "safety lock" which means that from the moment you lock your car door, the door stays locked until you choose to unlock it. It's quite intuitive.

True Break
Horn Feel
Safety Lock

Have I sold you?

# 114 Gosens6 @ 10/09/13 02:24 PM
The main thing that astonishes me is the presentation. Let's be real here, I knew we weren't getting a giant leap with gameplay on these next gen consoles, at least not this year. I knew that it would basically be a current gen port, with next gen features like ignite, living worlds, etc.

But to completely ignore the presentation elements, to completely just say F it, and leave it exactly the same blows my mind, it really does.

You have these powerful new consoles, you can literally do anything you want with the presentation. IE using the ESPN Ticker for MNF games, using NFL Network presentation for Thursday night games. More stat banners, overlays, the whole nine, and you give us the exact same presentation as current gen?

Why? I really don't get it. You tout living worlds, interactive sidelines and all this, but it's exactly the same presentation. We don't give a damn about blades of grass, how much better the stadiums look, because too be honest, when we're playing the game, we don't notice the stadium, and they looked pretty decent to begin with on current gen.

What EA calls "Presentation", we call graphics upgrade. It boggles my mind that they're still going this barebones route with their presentation elements. It's like they're mixing you being a fan at the stadium, with elements of watching it on TV. It's ugly, it doesn't work and it's about damn time you go to Real Time Presentation and get rid of the god damn cut scenes. How can you promote a new feature called Living Worlds and you still have cut scenes?

Get it together EA, I was willing to give you a pass on this just being a port with updated gameplay elements, but the fact that you did NOTHING to improve your awful presentation is mind boggling.

# 115 roadman @ 10/09/13 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyHolmes

The Ignite Engine
TruStep
Living Worlds

Aren't all the EA sports games sharing the same technology or am I misinformed? The Ignite Engine is being shared all EA Sports games, FIFA, NHL and NBA. From what I've heard, it's the same with animations and living worlds.

# 116 Gosens6 @ 10/09/13 02:34 PM
Quote:
Aren't all the EA sports games sharing the same technology or am I misinformed? The Ignite Engine is being shared all EA Sports games, FIFA, NHL and NBA. From what I've heard, it's the same with animations and living worlds.
You are correct. The Ignite engine is powering all the EA Sports games on the Next Gen consoles.

I feel like we really need to see some real gameplay vids to really dissect how it's going to work on the field.

# 117 Only1LT @ 10/09/13 02:34 PM
The thing that I don't get, and I know that this is sort of OT, but the discussion is going this way, and it's been interesting so, what I don't get is how they could have beefed up the studio so considerably in terms of bodies, and produce what seems to be a port on next gen?

They have a team that was specifically tasked with working on next gen Madden by their own accounts. They doubled their overall manpower by their own accounts. Let's say for argument's sake, that they were really working on Ignite for 2yrs and not an actual game. That doesn't make any sense to even entertain that thought.

There is no way that the entire next gen team would be tasked with working on an engine. More than half of them are probably not qualified to develop such an engine. I don't say that as a slight against Tiburon either (for a change). The same would hold true for any studio. Not every game developer's forte is physics engines and the like. Dev studios, especially giant dev studios are more specialized than that. Even in a studio this size, there would be some that wear many hats, I don't doubt that, but there is no way that you can convince me that the ENTIRE team worked on an all encompassing next gen engine, especially when it was a collaboration of multiple EA studios, for use on every sports title, and not just Madden. There is no way. To whit, it begs the question, what was the majority of the team, that was specifically tasked with next gen Madden mind you, working on?

For that, I have absolutely no answer. I'm hoping that EA/Tiburon can answer this with a good bait and switch for a change, and show us some video of a game that actually looks like they worked on something other than PowerPoints.

# 118 Gosens6 @ 10/09/13 02:39 PM
Quote:
The thing that I don't get, and I know that this is sort of OT, but the discussion is going this way, and it's been interesting so, what I don't get is how they could have beefed up the studio so considerably in terms of bodies, and produce what seems to be a port on next gen?

They have a team that was specifically tasked with working on next gen Madden by their own accounts. They doubled their overall manpower by their own accounts. Let's say for argument's sake, that they were really working on Ignite for 2yrs and not an actual game. That doesn't make any sense to even entertain that thought.

There is no way that the entire next gen team would be tasked with working on an engine. More than half of them are probably not qualified to develop such an engine. I don't say that as a slight against Tiburon either (for a change). The same would hold true for any studio. Not every game developer's forte is physics engines and the like. Dev studios, especially giant dev studios are more specialized than that. Even in a studio this size, there would be some that wear many hats, I don't doubt that, but there is no way that you can convince me that the ENTIRE team worked on an all encompassing next gen engine, especially when it was a collaboration of multiple EA studios, for use on every sports title, and not just Madden. There is no way. To whit, it begs the question, what was the majority of the team, that was specifically tasked with next gen Madden mind you, working on?

For that, I have absolutely no answer. I'm hoping that EA/Tiburon can answer this with a good bait and switch for a change, and show us some video of a game that actually looks like they worked on something other PowerPoints.
It seems to me that they've done nothing but work on the Ignite Engine, the Living Worlds, etc. while game planning for the future iterations.

If they really have had a dedicated team this whole time working on Next Gen, then it's even more mind boggling that we're not seeing something that looks even a little "different" with the game, besides grass and graphics.

I mean that's why i'm so butt hurt about presentation being the same. All this man power, all this time, and you leave it exactly the same? When you tout presentation and living worlds being one of your selling points?

Count me in to being as just confused as you are.

# 119 Only1LT @ 10/09/13 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
It seems to me that they've done nothing but work on the Ignite Engine, the Living Worlds, etc. while game planning for the future iterations.

If they really have had a dedicated team this whole time working on Next Gen, then it's even more mind boggling that we're not seeing something that looks even a little "different" with the game, besides grass and graphics.

I mean that's why i'm so butt hurt about presentation being the same. All this man power, all this time, and you leave it exactly the same? When you tout presentation and living worlds being one of your selling points?

Count me in to being as just confused as you are.
It is not possible that the entire team worked on Ignite for 2yrs. Not possible. Tiburon is not the only studio using it, nor the only one developing it. Even DICE had a hand in shaping Ignite.

Unless the next gen team is actually tiny, no one can convince me that they just worked on Ignite and that's all.

As Greg Kelly would say, "What else!"

# 120 roadman @ 10/09/13 02:48 PM
I'm just thinking there is more behind curtain #3. Or better, yet, there better be more behind curtain #3.

If there isn't, I don't know what to tell you.

I'll just sit back, put the feet up, and munch on popcorn.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.