Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

It appears as if EA is planning on showcasing gameplay very soon for Madden NFL 25 next-gen. For now, here's a quick teaser video to get you ready for their 'feel it' feature. We're expecting the full reveal next week!

In the video, you see a variety of teams and quick shots of gameplay. Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson opens up the video talking about how making every step count is important as a running back.

You then see Peterson juke a defender and Jamaal Charles spin off of an Oakland Raider defender. The next clip shows Joe Staley, OT for the 49ers, holding onto the jersey of Cliff Avril, DE of the Seahawks. The next clip shows Ryan Clady and what appears to be Tyson Jackson of the Chiefs jockeying on the edge of a pass play as well. This tends to indicate, to me, that the offensive line play will see some pretty big upgrades in the game. You didn't see that kind of jostling on current gen.

There are other various clips of footwork and a few moves as well. All in all, the video tends to show some potential for notable improvements on the field. We'll know more for sure next week.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Dogslax41 @ 10/10/13 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
You can see that here too
So then why exactly is the Seahawk in the picture's right cleat perfectly flat?

# 22 dghustla @ 10/10/13 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adub88
I want to see this in live action, been on the fence, darn near about to fall with cancelling my pre-order, but this did look promising.

I'm surprised no mentioned the violent hand fighting in the DL/OL exchange. That was very very nice! Hopefully this will mean the end of that looping patty cake animation that we've seen for so many years.
I did notice that. I was also looking at the Arvil pass rush to see if there was any jersey tugging as he tried to turn the corner.

# 23 adub88 @ 10/10/13 02:49 PM
can anyone get this in slow-mo?

# 24 dghustla @ 10/10/13 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
So then why exactly is the Seahawk in the picture's right cleat perfectly flat?
Jump Stop?

# 25 Dogslax41 @ 10/10/13 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
Jump Stop?
IT CUT THE BOTTOM OF HIS CLEAT OFF AND COMPLETLY FLATTENED THE BOTTOM OF HIS FOOT? That is one heck of a jump stop.

# 26 grodbetatted @ 10/10/13 02:54 PM
man people really just be digging for stuff to be wrong... some of you have no lives

# 27 dghustla @ 10/10/13 02:55 PM
Quote:
IT CUT THE BOTTOM OF HIS CLEAT OFF AND COMPLETLY FLATTENED THE BOTTOM OF HIS FOOT? That is one heck of a jump stop.
It's Beast Mode, maybe the bottom of his cleat disintegrated during one of his vicious cuts.

# 28 carvis#15 @ 10/10/13 02:57 PM
Quote:
Must not have been watching very closely.

Peterson looked good. Jukes looked bad. Oline shows massive promise.
Okay what foot didn't come down because I'm watching this and I can't see what foot isn't coming down?

# 29 Dogslax41 @ 10/10/13 02:59 PM
Quote:
It's Beast Mode, maybe the bottom of his cleat disintegrated during one of his vicious cuts.
Maybe that's a next gen feature.

I will give you the Peterson video looked fantastic and his feet looked like they were impacting the ground on every step. But right when I saw the Seahawk part something just looked off. Honestly does it even matter if they "touch" the ground, no. As long as the force transfer, friction and the physics involved with them "touching" the ground are there.

# 30 Dogslax41 @ 10/10/13 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carvis#15
Okay what foot didn't come down because I'm watching this and I can't see what foot isn't coming down?
His right foot is supposed to be in the grass at the moment of that picture. Its not, its actually hovering above the ground. What it indicates is that the field and players are two seperate entities that are operating independantly. That means the players can appear to just skate above the field and there is no underlying code dictating the force of the step of the player. Thats the whole point of True Step, that when running each step either helps or hurts the runner.

# 31 dghustla @ 10/10/13 03:03 PM
Quote:
Maybe that's a next gen feature.

I will give you the Peterson video looked fantastic and his feet looked like they were impacting the ground on every step. But right when I saw the Seahawk part something just looked off. Honestly does it even matter if they "touch" the ground, no. As long as the force transfer, friction and the physics involved with them "touching" the ground are there.
just having some fun. I dont know why the cleat cut off. But if you look at the lighting there is a shadow underneath both feet which lead me to believe that at this moment of the screen shot both feet were intended to be off the ground. If you watch the beginning with AP jogging you will see the same thing. When his foot is "touching" the shadow extends from the from the foot. When it's "not touching" the shadow extends from underneath the foot. but i'm no shadow expert so I could be full of crap.

# 32 PantherBeast_OS @ 10/10/13 03:04 PM
Just call me an old fashion madden fan and no I'm not a casual fan neither. But I think the video while it might be only about 20 seconds worth of true game play. True step looks like it could be heading in the right direction for future maddens. Some of this stuff I really never pay attention to. I guess I just play the game to be playing it for the fun of it. Am I one of the fans who buy the game year after year and don't care whether it changes or not. No I am not. But I'm not a person who is going to nitpick about every little thing. This is just my opinion tho. But again I think this teaser trailer looks solid and I can't wait until they show the battle of the trenches trailer soon. I want to see how much improvements are from the current gen version.

# 33 Dogslax41 @ 10/10/13 03:07 PM
Quote:
just having some fun. I dont know why the cleat cut off. But if you look at the lighting there is a shadow underneath both feet which lead me to believe that at this moment of the screen shot both feet were intended to be off the ground. If you watch the beginning with AP jogging you will see the same thing. When his foot is "touching" the shadow extends from the from the foot. When it's "not touching" the shadow extends from underneath the foot. but i'm no shadow expert so I could be full of crap.
And thats exactly the problem. If you go back and look at the Seahawk part thats the closest the shadow ever gets to his foot. It never touches and clearly shows the whole time hes in his pat down that he's hovering. But you are right the AP video you can clearly see the shadow touching his foot and his foot appears to be set inside the grass.

# 34 sportzbro @ 10/10/13 03:09 PM
All of these videos are specifically edited to hide flaws and focus on the flash/graphics. It's every single year - the trailers/teasers look pretty good, but the game is complete junk in comparison. You can just tell by the way they only show the game zoomed in and either set super slow or sped up - nothing in real time or from an actual camera.

Don't fall for it. You've already seen the gameplay in the "Madden Glass" video. It's nothing but a port.

# 35 apollon42 @ 10/10/13 03:10 PM
This looks good and all but I pretty much accepted that we are getting a better port of current gen. I actually don't hate current gen so I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. Although the game looks good, it doesnt wow me like a certain other basketball games trailer did. If you would've told me that this was Madden 15, I honestly would believe you. There are noticable improvements but not the leap one would expect from a next-gen console. Anyway, I still can't wait to see actual gameplay.

# 36 dghustla @ 10/10/13 03:10 PM
Quote:
And thats exactly the problem. If you go back and look at the Seahawk part thats the closest the shadow ever gets to his foot. It never touches and clearly shows the whole time hes in his pat down that he's hovering. But you are right the AP video you can clearly see the shadow touching his foot and his foot appears to be set inside the grass.
Hopefully there is an option to set the game speed to slow. That opening seen looks really good. I think this announcement is the one that many have been waiting for. Some substance about what they expect from Next Gen.

# 37 Dogslax41 @ 10/10/13 03:15 PM
Quote:
Hopefully there is an option to set the game speed to slow. That opening seen looks really good. I think this announcement is the one that many have been waiting for. Some substance about what they expect from Next Gen.
I was thinking the same thing when I watched this. My first though was this is way too fast and twitchy for me. But it is a promo trailer after all. Slow and sim doesn't sell games. Big hits and highlight jukes do.

I will still contend that the oline/dline (and them fixing major glitches from current gen) interaction will be what sell the game for me. I was looking forward to the war in the trenches announcement after watching the run on the coach glass gameplay video now this makes me even more anxious to hear how they have balanced the oline/dline. I love running the ball and current gen Madden that was completly brokenfor me. I had to try not to gain 4 yards on every run. I am hopeful the improvements to dline/oline fix that.

# 38 apollon42 @ 10/10/13 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I really don't see how "true step" is actually that different from these;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92aMMtDf4lU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGJDqL9N2c8

Yes, EA marketing tends to put out nice looking teasers and trailers but it's vinyl siding and storm windows on a termite infested house with a faulty foundation. I applaud true step and any other effort to fix the foot planting and locomotion issues but that's undermined with the overall player movement and animations. People way more knowledgeable than me have been stating forever, it's futile to add things like Infinity Engine which augments existing animations, when the existing animations are bad.

“And no one puts new wine into old wineskins. For the wine would burst the wineskins, and the wine and the skins would both be lost. New wine calls for new wineskins.”

I'm not seeing any difference. I mean it looks the same with better lighting.

# 39 Dogslax41 @ 10/10/13 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
We are still getting teasers instead of gameplay despite the fact the game comes out in 32 days...
Thing about this is that everyone is holding back. It's almost like they have gotten together and agreed to hold off until some point in time that there is going to be some huge negt gen deluge of information. Only thing I really have seen to this point are sizzle trailers and the Assassin's Creed making of videos (which should be done by every studio in my opinion).

# 40 kgbrolic @ 10/10/13 03:19 PM
I just watched the clip 3 times and that foot hovering scene in particular. The feet are definitely NOT plated in the grass at any time as far as I can tell.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.