Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

It appears as if EA is planning on showcasing gameplay very soon for Madden NFL 25 next-gen. For now, here's a quick teaser video to get you ready for their 'feel it' feature. We're expecting the full reveal next week!

In the video, you see a variety of teams and quick shots of gameplay. Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson opens up the video talking about how making every step count is important as a running back.

You then see Peterson juke a defender and Jamaal Charles spin off of an Oakland Raider defender. The next clip shows Joe Staley, OT for the 49ers, holding onto the jersey of Cliff Avril, DE of the Seahawks. The next clip shows Ryan Clady and what appears to be Tyson Jackson of the Chiefs jockeying on the edge of a pass play as well. This tends to indicate, to me, that the offensive line play will see some pretty big upgrades in the game. You didn't see that kind of jostling on current gen.

There are other various clips of footwork and a few moves as well. All in all, the video tends to show some potential for notable improvements on the field. We'll know more for sure next week.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 The_Balm @ 10/10/13 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
Good lord. Neither one of you have any idea. Odds are the footage is from neither, it's more than likely from a pc. And I still don't understand how someone can physically look at a video and deny what is obviously there. I'm all for being optimistic but to just flat out go ostrich and plug you fingers in your ear and yell nanana I can't hear you when anyone says something negative is just as bad as people that throw out the mouth guards aren't in so the game is awful and I'm not buying or the screen shots look the same from both gens comments.
I would think it's on consoles by now. If it's not there's no way that they can get it onto consoles by the time it ships, which means this release would be a fiasco. If they're showing footage rendered on PCs that they cannot re-create on consoles they might as well just pack their bags and start up doing some other game. It that would not be a good idea this late in production.

# 82 PantherBeast_OS @ 10/10/13 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
That's marketing for you, they use those names because they work subconsciously and make you think about the specific feature when you say the name. All companies use this in some form or fashion. I don't agree with marketing every little feature but as someone who does marketing for a living, I understand the reason why they do.
Well unless EA puts out real time footage of some people actual playing the next gen Madden before next month. The only way we will get our first taste of real raw game play footage of the final build will be when some one gets a ps4 version and get their ps4 system on November 12th of next month and record some footage for us.

# 83 Danimal @ 10/10/13 06:55 PM
Quote:
I understand but I'm not the only person on here who uses the phrase "we've seen". I'll try not to though. I guess I need to be more critical of the game, because being optimistic is taken as a negative thing apparently.
I'm going to address this which is not my style but I think it needs to happen.

You don't need to be more critical you can be as optimisticly as you want and of course you're not the only one who uses "We've seen".

The issue becomes your (and you're not the only one) apparent need to argue with everyone who doesn't share your opinion.

You may not see it this way but when I come into thread after thread that has the same handful of guys going back and forth on the same stuff you're always in the mix.

I'm giving you some actual advice which would cause less friction that I could also give to a few other people.

If you guys can't see every thread in this forum is ending up in an argument the equivalent of "I'm right, you're wrong" then I don't know what to say. I do know many of us are sick of it and I'm going to do my best to put and end to it.

# 84 jpdavis82 @ 10/10/13 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon48xbox
I would think it's on consoles by now. If it's not there's no way that they can get it onto consoles by the time it ships, which means this release would be a fiasco. If they're showing footage rendered on PCs that they cannot re-create on consoles they might as well just pack their bags and start up doing some other game. It that would not be a good idea this late in production.
I'm pretty sure the video from Engadget about Coachglass was on Xbox One, they show a guy playing with a Xbox one controller in hand.

# 85 jpdavis82 @ 10/10/13 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Well unless EA puts out real time footage of some people actual playing the next gen Madden before next month. The only way we will get our first taste of real raw game play footage of the final build will be when some one gets a ps4 version and get their ps4 system on November 12th of next month and record some footage for us.
True, I think the Engadget video was just that, but it's too small of a sample size to gather much from. Theres the replay angle that wasnt in current gen that was mentioned, and that it looks similar to current gen, but still without seeing more gameplay and hearing the audio, it's hard to gather much.

# 86 jpdavis82 @ 10/10/13 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
I'm going to address this which is not my style but I think it needs to happen.

You don't need to be more critical you can be as optimisticly as you want and of course you're not the only one who uses "We've seen".

The issue becomes your (and you're not the only one) apparent need to argue with everyone who doesn't share your opinion.

You may not see it this way but when I come into thread after thread that has the same handful of guys going back and forth on the same stuff you're always in the mix.

I'm giving you some actual advice which would cause less friction that I could also give to a few other people.

If you guys can't see every thread in this forum is ending up in an argument the equivalent of "I'm right, you're wrong" then I don't know what to say. I do know many of us are sick of it and I'm going to do my best to put and end to it.
I get that but the thing is that everyone has their opinion and that causes a back and forth almost by default. I would think a healthy debate would be the goal for each thread and to me a good debate gets heated but never blown out of proportion.

# 87 Danimal @ 10/10/13 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
There are certain media outlets that, if they don't already, will likely have their review units by the end of this month. I'm sure if they were so willing we would get some gameplay before hand. Problem is most of the outlets getting dev units don't typically post footage of sports games.

# 88 jpdavis82 @ 10/10/13 07:08 PM
Quote:
There are certain media outlets that, if they don't already, will likely have their review units by the end of this month. I'm sure if they were so willing we would get some gameplay before hand. Problem is most of the outlets getting dev units don't typically post footage of sports games.
Sports games are not the focus of most gaming sites/magazines and we are not the majority of people who buy Madden, the majority of people who buy Madden didn't know Connected Franchise was being replaced with Connected Careers until they put their discs in the disc tray last year. This is why I support people like the GC's and people who are in communication with the devs because they actually have a chance to give the devs some input for sim gamers like us.

# 89 PantherBeast_OS @ 10/10/13 07:34 PM
Quote:
I really hope someone post some footage before November 12 or someone will post it for them once the PS4 is release. See I have to wait November 22 to get the XB1. I just want to see some actual footage before then. That's all I care about at this point. I know before that date there is bound to be some footage out there someone will post it once the ps4 comes out next month. Media outlets or someone. Don't care. I just wants some actual raw footage.

# 90 kehlis @ 10/10/13 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
I think we should all just come to a fair agreement. How about we stop the back and forth myself included until we see the gameplay videos? Sharing opinions is fine, but from here on out no more direct quoting or back and forth. At least until we see real gameplay. I think that's fair for everyone.
Well why didn't we think of that until now???????

Good luck.

# 91 Dr. Banner @ 10/10/13 07:36 PM
Looks ok. Wanna see more.

# 92 jpdavis82 @ 10/10/13 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
That looks like current-gen, definitely not next-gen.
Next gen is more about details and the experience, which is why they're using the term "feel the difference". Cam Weber said when you pick up the controller for next gen, the difference will jump out at people.

# 93 Dogslax41 @ 10/10/13 08:28 PM
Quote:
I'm pretty sure the video from Engadget about Coachglass was on Xbox One, they show a guy playing with a Xbox one controller in hand.
Two different things. A sizzle trailer is more than likely put together on a pc. The coach glass clip is a whole different animal than a promo reel.

His comment was about this video having to be on an xbox one because they would never show video on a ps4.

# 94 TeeDogg @ 10/10/13 08:36 PM
Looks good to me. I'm liking what I'm seeing. Getting tired of all the teaser crap though ( from a lot of companies) when did all this cat and mouse none sense start. Show us what you got, its entertainment , not classified war documents. make is want these next gen consoles already. Sheesh

# 95 radatdude2 @ 10/10/13 08:37 PM
The was ok at best nothing really stood out to me, anyone know if EA confirmed if the Vikings uniform will be corrected in the final version?

# 96 jtswag187 @ 10/10/13 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs

actually thats golden tate

# 97 Ijeswannaknow @ 10/10/13 09:11 PM
EA should bring back the "Extra Point" show with real highlights now that they have the new engine in the Xbox 1... OS run tell that!!!

# 98 SageInfinite @ 10/10/13 10:18 PM
My favorite part of the teaser

LOL@ the speed of the gif

# 99 sportzbro @ 10/10/13 10:38 PM
Quote:
So basically the perfect strategy for this release along with NBA Live. If they don't show actual gameplay, no one can be certain it's terrible!

# 100 Cowboy008 @ 10/10/13 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
My favorite part of the teaser

LOL@ the speed of the gif
That looks nice I like how Avril moves when #74 pulls his jersey. I hope we get some actual gameplay footage instead of a 2 or 3 minute video of them talking. One of most important things I'm waiting on is for them to talk about the AI if that's greatly improved I will have a blast with M25.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.