Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

It appears as if EA is planning on showcasing gameplay very soon for Madden NFL 25 next-gen. For now, here's a quick teaser video to get you ready for their 'feel it' feature. We're expecting the full reveal next week!

In the video, you see a variety of teams and quick shots of gameplay. Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson opens up the video talking about how making every step count is important as a running back.

You then see Peterson juke a defender and Jamaal Charles spin off of an Oakland Raider defender. The next clip shows Joe Staley, OT for the 49ers, holding onto the jersey of Cliff Avril, DE of the Seahawks. The next clip shows Ryan Clady and what appears to be Tyson Jackson of the Chiefs jockeying on the edge of a pass play as well. This tends to indicate, to me, that the offensive line play will see some pretty big upgrades in the game. You didn't see that kind of jostling on current gen.

There are other various clips of footwork and a few moves as well. All in all, the video tends to show some potential for notable improvements on the field. We'll know more for sure next week.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Cowboy008 @ 10/15/13 04:09 PM
I'm guessing we won't be getting that "True Step" reveal today.

# 142 jpdavis82 @ 10/15/13 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldindus
Madden 25 Next-gen looks great! Can't wait til November. I'll be getting it day one and for both systems.

# 143 SageInfinite @ 10/15/13 04:26 PM

This cannot be JP

# 144 dghustla @ 10/15/13 05:10 PM
Only a month away I cant wait!!

# 145 Gjordan @ 10/15/13 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpac
I got you covered.
I can't stop laughing!!!!

# 146 Cowboy008 @ 10/15/13 05:28 PM
Quote:
I got you covered.
That's a shame. True step and the AI better be real good.

# 147 AmericasTeam @ 10/15/13 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan77
Confused. The video I just watched here, the sizzle trailers that specifically state its taken from game play look nothing like the game play footage shown yesterday of the colts and chargers. What is the consumer getting?
Who really knows. They're not going to show you what your really getting. We'll only know when someone outside of EA gets the game and a next gen system and posts some gameplay vids. Until then, they'll sizzle us to death hoping you'll jump in the store and purchase without actually knowing what you're buying.

# 148 mestevo @ 10/15/13 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericasTeam
Who really knows. They're not going to show you what your really getting. We'll only know when someone outside of EA gets the game and a next gen system and posts some gameplay vids. Until then, they'll sizzle us to death hoping you'll jump in the store and purchase without actually knowing what you're buying.
....which has never happened. For those that require it we've never gone a Madden release without seeing footage of actual gameplay, a streak that isn't going to be broken with this release either.

# 149 Only1LT @ 10/15/13 05:35 PM
I've had so much fun reading the posts the last couple days, that I had forgotten to even watch the vids that are attached to the threads.

Just watched the vid on this thread in the OP. It's pretty comical that they have a vid that is a preview of their *revolutionary* (insert sarcasm font) True Step tech, and then proceed to show a video that features AP doing a juke animation that OBVIOUSLY cuts out multiple steps in the animation to get it to sync properly (or is that improperly?).

Bravo EA. Bravo.

# 150 SageInfinite @ 10/15/13 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
I've had so much fun reading the posts the last couple days, that I had forgotten to even watch the vids that are attached to the threads.

Just watched the vid on this thread in the OP. It's pretty comical that they have a vid that is a preview of their *revolutionary* (insert sarcasm font) True Step tech, and then proceed to show a video that features AP doing a juke animation that OBVIOUSLY cuts out multiple steps in the animation to get it to sync properly (or is that improperly?).

Bravo EA. Bravo.

That is hilarious.

# 151 Only1LT @ 10/15/13 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
That is hilarious.
You can't make this stuff up...

# 152 SageInfinite @ 10/15/13 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
You can't make this stuff up...

It's almost like EA/Tiburon is trolling at times. Like I can't believe some of the stuff they put out and say and expect us to accept and believe. Sometimes it's downright insulting. You gotta laugh though.

# 153 jpdavis82 @ 10/15/13 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RateSports
Haha don't worry. There won't be a big line.
Should be something like this

# 154 jpdavis82 @ 10/15/13 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
Ok my thread got closed, understandingly...so I'll just post here.

here is the pic I had over there...and yes although it seems like quite a jump...if you look at the other two gameplay pics...eh, doesn't seem like it should be that unachievable.

That's a real picture though, can't expect it to look exactly like real life. I would like it to be mistaken for real life though. It all comes down to animations not graphics anyway. No matter how good the game looks in stills, it MUST look right in motion.

# 155 Shaffer26 @ 10/15/13 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
That's a real picture though, can't expect it to look exactly like real life. I would like it to be mistake for real life though. It all comes down to animations not graphics anyway. No matter how good the game looks in stills, it MUST look right in motion.
No doubt. Gameplay first, graphics second.

# 156 SageInfinite @ 10/15/13 07:48 PM
It also depends on the angles the pics are taken from. The more accurate the angle and zoom it is to a real life photo the closer it can look to photo realism. Everything plays a part into tricking our brains into thinking the game is reality.

That's why I can't stand how EA does their trailers. The way they're captured with those 1998 floaty videogame camera angles does nothing to help the game.

# 157 dougdeuce @ 10/15/13 07:58 PM
Are we seriously not getting anything today? You would think after yesterday that EA would be chomping at the bit to release something that would do some damage control. As it stands, their silence is deafening.

# 158 rootofalleli @ 10/15/13 08:04 PM
Quote:
I got you covered.
Laughed so hard I woke up the baby. Wife laughed too and she doesn't even play games.

# 159 Gjordan @ 10/15/13 08:14 PM
Quote:
yes it is real life...but if you look at those other two pics...which were 720p gameplay and from Madden 10-11...so released around 2009-10.

well if you take those pics.....increase the resolution to 1080p (which shouldn't be hard), most PS4 games are going to be 1080p (although EA hasn't said anything)....then just add more realistic lighting, which next gen is going to bring. More details which next gen is going to bring... then yes, that real life photo should be able to get replicated.

here is MLB The Show...... man I have nothing but Faith that they will be able to recreate something that is going to look like a photo for their PS4 title.

What's sad is Madden is trying to accomplish right now ( next Gen), what The Show has had.

# 160 kenlovin @ 10/15/13 08:41 PM
Quote:
yes it is real life...but if you look at those other two pics...which were 720p gameplay and from Madden 10-11...so released around 2009-10.

well if you take those pics.....increase the resolution to 1080p (which shouldn't be hard), most PS4 games are going to be 1080p (although EA hasn't said anything)....then just add more realistic lighting, which next gen is going to bring. More details which next gen is going to bring... then yes, that real life photo should be able to get replicated.

here is MLB The Show...... man I have nothing but Faith that they will be able to recreate something that is going to look like a photo for their PS4 title.

WOW, I had to look at that like three times, and I still wasnt sure lol, full disclosure though i need glasses like a mudda.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.