Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Another next-gen Madden NFL 25 video has arrived, showing nothing but zoomed in footage from a simulation of tonight's match-up between the Indianapolis Colts vs. San Diego Chargers.

What are your thoughts?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 jpdavis82 @ 10/14/13 01:13 PM
The video was taken down, I'm guessing it was a "early build". I'm a little mystified as to what is going on myself. Seems like either A. EA is doing damage control or B. EA has something better looking up their sleeve and don't want to give the wrong impression.

I believe it's the former based on the past. I'm not completely oblivious guys, and I do understand why some of you are disappointed. I guess we'll have to wait on EA to deliver more info and video now, as it appears other media sources will not be allowed to.

# 62 cthurt @ 10/14/13 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
This is what we want..

I cant lie I just knew this was footage from a real game until it zoomed in at the end.

# 63 jpdavis82 @ 10/14/13 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Amen brother!!!
Ya'll can have that, I want something better. We want replication of the sport itself, not replication of a football video game that did some things better.

I want a true simulation, bad weather that affects gameplay, road disadvantages like extremely loud crowds in Seattle that makes it more difficult for inexperienced qb's, high snaps, muffed punt & kick returns, blocked punts and fg's, bobbled catches, 50+ yard field goals that are a lot harder than 30-40 yarders. That's what I'm wanting to see in next gen, not another 2k or whatever companies version of football, real football replicated at a high level is what I want.

# 64 tnixen @ 10/14/13 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
I'm confused is this a video game or footage from real life? Seriously though the animations were so smooth.
It's really is shocking a real this looks!

This game came out what 8 years ago?

# 65 jpdavis82 @ 10/14/13 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
I cant lie I just knew this was footage from a real game until it zoomed in at the end.

That's because it's the animations not graphics that make the game look "real".

# 66 jyoung @ 10/14/13 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
This is what we want..

Awesome things in this clip:

1) Defensive ends shooting upfield past the quarterback.

2) Defensive tackle jumps to try to swat down the pass once he sees the ball coming out and realizes he has no chance of getting a sack.

3) Double team pass block pushes the other defensive tackle backwards past the line of scrimmage.

4) Nice consecutive hit tackle from the cornerback and then the safety.

5) Trailing defensive back jumps over the pile after the tackle is made.

6) Nice broadcast camera, which switches to a close-up on the receiver immediately after the whistle.

# 67 djordan @ 10/14/13 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Ya'll can have that, I want something better. We want replication of the sport itself, not replication of a football video game that did some things better.

I want a true simulation, bad weather that affects gameplay, road disadvantages like extremely loud crowds in Seattle that makes it more difficult for inexperienced qb's, high snaps, muffed punt & kick returns, blocked punts and fg's, bobbled catches, 50+ yard field goals that are a lot harder than 30-40 yarders. That's what I'm wanting to see in next gen, not another 2k or whatever companies version of football, real football replicated at a high level is what I want.

# 68 newtonfb @ 10/14/13 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
I wont derail a thread, but there a quite a few people in the industry that aren't impressed with next gen either. The reason there isn't a ton of footage released on many games ( not just EA ) is that this generation will be the least impressive of all console generation releases. The smaller developers and publishers will blow you away this generation, no doubt. The larger studios and more well known development teams are just doing what we call as a "+1". Basically do the exact same thing as the last iteration, but add just one extra item to sell it again.

This generation of systems was not made for gaming, it was more made for marketing.
stop..just stop. You saying this generations of systems wernt made for gaming is just wrong. Its the first generations of games...look at the first generations of games for ps3 and 360 then look at the games now with last of us, uncharted, gta5. We WILL see a huge difference come 3 or 4 years down the line just not right now.
As for madden..that game as become a complete joke. Their Ignite engine looks like completely the same engine as before so its def not "built from the ground up" I bet when we see first see The Shows next gen gameplay we'll see something that impresses us because that game already does things that impresses us.
The bottom line is when you see games like Battlefield, Killzone, even NBA 2k14 next gen footage, you cant help but be disappointed to say the least with what you see with madden as a sports gamer.

# 69 tnixen @ 10/14/13 01:20 PM
Quote:
ESPN has removed the video! WOW! There was nothing but negative comments on the video so I am guessing that is why they chose to remove it. Maybe EA saw all this bashing and is embarrassed. How shocking would it be if they actually cancel the game because of all this hate?
In my opinion they should cancel the Next Gen version if it really does look this bad. I mean we already have Madden 25 on current gen what's the point of releasing the same game twice?

# 70 m1ke_nyc @ 10/14/13 01:21 PM
Quote:
ESPN has removed the video! WOW! There was nothing but negative comments on the video so I am guessing that is why they chose to remove it. Maybe EA saw all this bashing and is embarrassed. How shocking would it be if they actually cancel the game because of all this hate?
They wont and shouldnt cancel. Release the game because many will still enjoy it for what its worth. Just get hard at work on Madden 15 and give us the game we deserve because this one clearly isn't it.

# 71 jyoung @ 10/14/13 01:24 PM
Quote:

Everything I bolded is already in All-Pro Football 2K8.

So basically, it has everything you want to see except home field advantage.

# 72 SageInfinite @ 10/14/13 01:25 PM
Quote:

It's funny you say that, because most of that stuff is in that game in the gif

I want the same thing too though. I want Madden to destroy that game so I don't have to think about it anymore.

# 73 Jet Sufferer @ 10/14/13 01:25 PM
We still have this next gen gameplay video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SE3wLTZDtM

Same thing, just worse resolution.

Cat's out of the bag, this is the game we're getting, I'm so excited I think I'll take a nap.

# 74 Cowboy008 @ 10/14/13 01:27 PM
Quote:
The video was taken down, I'm guessing it was a "early build". I'm a little mystified as to what is going on myself. Seems like either A. EA is doing damage control or B. EA has something better looking up their sleeve and don't want to give the wrong impression.

I believe it's the former based on the past. I'm not completely oblivious guys, and I do understand why some of you are disappointed. I guess we'll have to wait on EA to deliver more info and video now, as it appears other media sources will not be allowed to.
I don't think that was an early build that's probably how its going to look when the game comes out. I was also hoping that EA Sports would turn it around with next gen Madden but I don't think so. The only thing that could save them is if thet made the cpu a lot smarter imo.

# 75 Hiro1 @ 10/14/13 01:28 PM
I've been waiting for double team pass blocking for so long. Nothing is worse than having a guy only rush 2 vs 5 linemen and a blocking HB only to get the sack while the other 4 watched and did nothing.

Dreads(finally free flowing and not ponytails), hair and helmets looked amazing.

I think many OS'ers should accept the fact that Madden is NOT made for them. It's like being mad at One Direction for the past couple of years cause you don't like their music. Yes they are the only band that comes to your town, but you are NOT the target audience.

I think many of you who haven't enjoyed the game in "years" are delusional to believe Madden will suddenly turn into your envisioned game.

I've enjoyed the Madden 25, flaws and all. (99 games online H2H so far and Week 16 of a 32-man league)

I can only hope other nuances like DBL team pass blocking also make the jump.

Edit: Just saw the NFL 2k gif and now Im sad.

# 76 roadman @ 10/14/13 01:29 PM
Why was it removed?

This is really starting to look like a Comedy of Errors.

Encoding, now removal? Huh?

Lucy, you have some splaining to do.

# 77 playajay98 @ 10/14/13 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Awesome things in this clip:

1) Defensive ends shooting upfield past the quarterback.

2) Defensive tackle jumps to try to swat down the pass once he sees the ball coming out and realizes he has no chance of getting a sack.

3) Double team pass block pushes the other defensive tackle backwards past the line of scrimmage.

4) Nice consecutive hit tackle from the cornerback and then the safety.

5) Trailing defensive back jumps over the pile after the tackle is made.

6) Nice broadcast camera, which switches to a close-up on the receiver immediately after the whistle.
What a way to start the week, guys I've never seen that gif before and thought it was real too..Anyone notice in the Madden clip how Royal, Wayne, and Hilton hit the ground like a golf ball in a sand trap? SMH

# 78 J_Posse @ 10/14/13 01:30 PM
The video has been removed or made private. Does anyone have another link?

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ using Tapatalk

# 79 wordtobigbird @ 10/14/13 01:31 PM
Got to love the same post game celebration where Luck shakes the hand of the handful of players he likes and the other 100 players are already in the lockerroom. You'd think EA could at least make a post-game cut scene that shows a bunch of players on the field, like it is every sunday.

# 80 supremeteam_ceo @ 10/14/13 01:32 PM
Im starting to like the cgi player models after seeing this mess

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.