Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Another next-gen Madden NFL 25 video has arrived, showing nothing but zoomed in footage from a simulation of tonight's match-up between the Indianapolis Colts vs. San Diego Chargers.

What are your thoughts?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 wordtobigbird @ 10/14/13 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Reminds me of trailers from car games... 'pretty car taking a corner' 'pretty car passing another pretty car' and nothing from the angle you play at. Of course that's not the point of this video, but as a result I can take away only so much from this.
Yeah, if in that video one the cars spun out, began going into reverse at the same speed and the other car made a wrong turn. The angle of the video has nothing to do with the bad animations/AI present.

# 102 Jet Sufferer @ 10/14/13 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
That right there is the post of the year. And maybe even the post of the last 5 years! When there was 2 NFL games. It's obvious that many liked the other game better than Madden. Now that Madden won the war (off the field), they struggle to accept Madden for what it is and that the game is not made to appease them solely. The game is made to appeal to larger a demographic
of sports gamers. And in that respect the game achieves its primary goal. yes it sucks that EA "wal-marted" your personal favorite chain but love it or hate Madden is what it is.
It's not about them not making the game for "us", (sim type players), it's that they're not really doing anything to push the envelope AT ALL, they're not even making a successful arcade game, if they didn't have the exclusive license they would be in the exact same place as NBA Live has been, OUT OF BUSINESS.

I'm going to go on a rant here...oh forget it, it's a waste of breath until enough people stop buying the game and EA gives up the license. The only goal Madden has achieved is assuring no one else puts out an NFL game.

Wake me from my cryogenic sleep when someone else gets the NFL license or it's open again.

# 103 Moegames @ 10/14/13 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
This is what we want!!!

Yeah i just want to ball up and cry ...imagine with 2ksports would do with the new console hardware. I remember when EA got the NFL rights to NFL videogames..i literally had tears rolling down my face...i will never forget that day, the day of infamy!

One of the BIGGEST EYE SORES with Madden is the animations..especially after plays..the players pivot like robots compared to this old game above..amazing EA dev's simply do not get it!!

# 104 VinnyVegas28 @ 10/14/13 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Dude.... Write it down... The true step movement reveal will be in slow mo. Now way they will showcase that in realtime. If they show it in realtime the animations will play out too fast to show the actual "True step".

No way...
Actually, I played the demo at E3 and the true step motion was felt for sure. That is why I was so excited for Next Gen because I could feel the difference and the running felt more like the old PS2 running. This had me most excited as well as the graphical upgrades. From these last 3-4 vids, I am not seeing the same game as E3 and that is very frustrating but I am still holding out hope until I have the game in hand.

# 105 SageInfinite @ 10/14/13 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
That right there is the post of the year. And maybe even the post of the last 5 years! When there was 2 NFL games. It's obvious that many liked the other game better than Madden. Now that Madden won the war (off the field), they struggle to accept Madden for what it is and that the game is not made to appease them solely. The game is made to appeal to larger a demographic
of sports gamers. And in that respect the game achieves its primary goal. yes it sucks that EA "wal-marted" your personal favorite chain but love it or hate Madden is what it is.
That's fine but when the EA devs speak on in interviews and such about authenticity and realism and being the most authentic realistic game ever I have a problem with it. Not just marketing, the devs themselves believe this game is the most realistic ever made and try to tell us every year that that's what their delivering and even try to bring sim guys down to give them help and feedback. It just doesn't make any sense.

If they are trying to make this arcade style game based on the NFL that's fine, but don't constantly tell me and try to sell that that isn't what you're doing. They're trying to keep the more sim style gamers in pocket with hope, while maintaing their core fanbase, which I understand, but don't respect.

# 106 mestevo @ 10/14/13 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Yeah, if in that video one the cars spun out, began going into reverse at the same speed and the other car made a wrong turn. The angle of the video has nothing to do with the bad animations/AI present.
Yeah? What difficulty is this played on? Since we're going to reach and knock AI in this too?

Sent from my VZW Note 3

# 107 Dogslax41 @ 10/14/13 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyHolmes
APF2k8 was a amazing engine to build on. Go play NBA 2k8. Imagine what APF2k would be right now if it had sold well. Next gen would have added even better gameplay and graphics. APF2k8 was a great engine, that felt rushed in graphic polish, and features. The animations would have been smoothed out through the years, just like NBA 2k8 vs NBA 2k14
If they had only released that for PC.

Exactly one month from release and Madden releases another terrible video showing awful animations and gameplay and NBA2K releases a screenshot. Is all of the air out of the next gen hype balloon yet? I just went today and cancelled my Madden, FIFA, Battlefield, Killzone and NBA2k pre-orders. Just going to get the system and sell it. Rockstar and what appear to be the pitiful launch games have ruined next gen for me.

# 108 lbrown531 @ 10/14/13 02:14 PM
I'm impressed with the lighting and looking forward to purchasing this years Madden title. Haven't bought a Madden game in two years because I been stuck on NCAA College Football. May be they'll use the team they disbanded to regroup on the Madden Series to produce a better experience. Just, ultimately wanting on the Xbox One.

# 109 SageInfinite @ 10/14/13 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
If they had only released that for PC.

Exactly one month from release and Madden releases another terrible video showing awful animations and gameplay and NBA2K releases a screenshot. Is all of the air out of the next gen hype balloon yet? I just went today and cancelled my Madden, FIFA, Battlefield, Killzone and NBA2k pre-orders. Just going to get the system and sell it. Rockstar and what appear to be the pitiful launch games have ruined next gen for me.
Not to derail the thread but I think the launch lineup is quite strong for anyone looking to upgrade regardless.

# 110 LBzrule @ 10/14/13 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth437
No, I want something better than APF2k8 . APF2k8 doesn't have the same quality of MLB the Show and Nba2K imo. APF2k8 was good for its time but it came out over six years ago on what will be last-gen hardware.

I want Madden to consist of similar quality to MLB The Show, NBA2k and FIFA.
While I agree with the sentiment, it's just a shame it is taking EA all of this "next level" technology like Infinity and Ignite to attempt to get the game on the same animation level as 2k8.

# 111 roadman @ 10/14/13 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyVegas28
Actually, I played the demo at E3 and the true step motion was felt for sure. That is why I was so excited for Next Gen because I could feel the difference and the running felt more like the old PS2 running. This had me most excited as well as the graphical upgrades. From these last 3-4 vids, I am not seeing the same game as E3 and that is very frustrating but I am still holding out hope until I have the game in hand.
So, are they hiding something that the rest of the public doesn't know about except E3 attendees.

It's similar to being at a concert and the main headliner is late coming on stage and the fans getting rowdier and rowdier every minute they are late.

# 112 Dogslax41 @ 10/14/13 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
That's fine but when the EA devs speak on in interviews and such about authenticity and realism and being the most authentic realistic game ever I have a problem with it. Not just marketing, the devs themselves believe this game is the most realistic ever made and try to tell us every year that that's what their delivering and even try to bring sim guys down to give them help and feedback. It just doesn't make any sense.

If they are trying to make this arcade style game based on the NFL that's fine, but don't constantly tell me and try to sell that that isn't what you're doing. They're trying to keep the more sim style gamers in pocket with hope, while maintaing their core fanbase, which I understand, but don't respect.
Not only that, but they themselves have come out and said how much they failed during this generation. That's the only reason people set some benchmark on next gen. Every year its next year will be the year (except the one year they came out with the three year plan and really decided to push the envelope). Well at some point, some year has to be the year. Everything they said and pointed to was next gen. A lot of gamers, sim and arcade looked to next gen as this watershed moment for EA to get back on the right track with Madden. From all the information released so far they have fallen flat on their face. Yes the easy argument is that they haven't released all the information yet. But has there really been anything they have released that makes you think something said tomorrow will be a 180 from the information that has been released? Or is the, hold off on judgment they have more information to release just another version of the next year will be the year EA mantra?

# 113 strawberryshortcake @ 10/14/13 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
EA lied to all of us!

If that E3 video said Actual gameplay then why does it look so much worse now?

Tell us the truth EA!
Is this the video that you're referring to? The E3 video looked better because of the way it was produced, and directed. The camera angle has this theatrical wobble effect.

But truth be told, I was sorely disappointed with the E3 video, and honestly anything next generation Madden has put out so far. If the below video is what anyone thinks is appropriate for next generation Madden, they have sorely set their bar extremely low. Understandably based on Maddens' track record, but this Madden E3 video still looks like a video game.

What I am personally looking forward to in the upcoming next generation consoles (PS4, XB1) is for games to blur the lines of reality and digital video games. I want "people, in game characters" whether that be sports, or any other games to be "lifelike"

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the E3 Madden video is still cartoonish, video gamey.

# 114 LBzrule @ 10/14/13 02:23 PM
Quote:
And this is the other thing. I was going to post this last week in those screen comparisons, but said forget it. Why bother. I'm just resigned at this point that the game is what it is going to be. We have different looking versions of this game out there. There is a version that looks close to the screens on the EA website, the tech demo from E3 with Peterson and the Vikes OL vs the Skins defense. Then there is a version that looks EXACTLY like the current gen game. Again at this point I just want to know, as a gamer, what I should be expecting. The game seems like such a contradiction.

# 115 LBzrule @ 10/14/13 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
So, are they hiding something that the rest of the public doesn't know about except E3 attendees.

It's similar to being at a concert and the main headliner is late coming on stage and the fans getting rowdier and rowdier every minute they are late.
LOL, I'm thinking a bit more extreme. I'm thinking I paid for money to go to the Jay Z concert but Jay Z never shows up and Little Wayne is the headline WTF??? Let me check my ticket again.

# 116 roadman @ 10/14/13 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
And this is the other thing. I was going to post this last week in those screen comparisons, but said forget it. Why bother. I'm just resigned at this point that the game is what it is going to be. We have different looking versions of this game out there. There is a version that looks close to the screens on the EA website, the tech demo from E3 with Peterson and the Vikes OL vs the Skins defense. Then there is a version that looks EXACTLY like the current gen game. Again at this point I just want to know, as a gamer, what I should be expecting. The game seems like such a contradiction.
Thanks for articulating this better than I did above.

They have us confused like no other.

# 117 VinnyVegas28 @ 10/14/13 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

Trust me, I am with the rest of you guys getting roudier now because clearly, they were different builds and we have no idea what we are getting. My expectation level dropped from 100-49 after the recent vids

# 118 VinnyVegas28 @ 10/14/13 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I agree, I want to see true gameplay vids with a current build that shows the crowds, interactive sidelines and what this game will actually look like in motion.

# 119 dghustla @ 10/14/13 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite

I'm a sim/hardcore gamer, nerd, dork, whatever it's called these days. And yes madden can be a really annoying experience. coverage is mind boggling at times and there is a glitch is almost every aspect of the game. But there are are also some good aspects of the game as well. I honestly believe that the devs have good intentions. They want to make a more sim game, they want to make a game that could win game of the year and not be considered the laughing stock of their entire company and amongst their peers. I honestly just think they don't know how to. And it begins with understanding football. Of all the sports games out there, football is the most detailed of them all. I doubt those developers can tell you the difference between a 3 and a 5 tech or a 0 and 1 tech. or what a 2 gap NT is responsible in a 3-4. And until they get ppl in there who can explain what they see on the field the game will be what we have now. I like that they brought in a former NFL Oline to revamp the lineplay. In a few weeks we will have a video that will tell us if they can bring his knowledge to virtual life.

# 120 Dogslax41 @ 10/14/13 02:31 PM
Quote:
Trust me, I am with the rest of you guys getting roudier now because clearly, they were different builds and we have no idea what we are getting. My expectation level dropped from 100-49 after the recent vids
I don't even think THEY have any idea. I have never seen a game company one month before launch release marketing item after marketing item only to yank it back, delete it or pull it completely. They have now pulled two gameplay videos and countless screenshots off their website. How much confidence do you really have in a company that releases something thinking it honestly looks good and they are proud of it only to have immediate public reaction be so bad they feel the need to delete the material entirely?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.