Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Another next-gen Madden NFL 25 video has arrived, showing nothing but zoomed in footage from a simulation of tonight's match-up between the Indianapolis Colts vs. San Diego Chargers.

What are your thoughts?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 SageInfinite @ 10/14/13 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Is this the video that you're referring to? The E3 video looked better because of the way it was produced, and directed. The camera angle has this theatrical wobble effect.

But truth be told, I was sorely disappointed with the E3 video, and honestly anything next generation Madden has put out so far. If the below video is what anyone thinks is appropriate for next generation Madden, they have sorely set their bar extremely low. Understandably based on Maddens' track record, but this Madden E3 video still looks like a video game.

What I am personally looking forward to in the upcoming next generation consoles (PS4, XB1) is for games to blur the lines of reality and digital video games. I want "people, in game characters" whether that be sports, or any other games to be "lifelike"

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the E3 Madden video is still cartoonish, video gamey.

I feel you, but this still looks so much better than what we've been shown lately.

Look at the way RGIII is calling out signals, never been in current gen.

The drop back is much slower and smooth, not in current gen or the footage.

The way he scans the field, definitely not in either we've seen so far.

How smoothly he transitions from pocket stance to the escape run. Again not seen.

The Lynch Juke, the way AP carries a couple ball carriers. All of this stuff was fresh and new and had me excited. While it doesn't look 100% real, it looked alot better than what we've been getting in motion. That's the stuff I was hoping to see around this time. That's the game I would've purchased for my PS4. I haven't seen any of that stuff in any of the footage that has recently been released. There's still more to be shown, but I haven't seen that stuff since E3.

# 122 Dogslax41 @ 10/14/13 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwest85
I wish they would show some ps4 screenshots.
It's going to essentially be the exact same.

# 123 wordtobigbird @ 10/14/13 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Yeah? What difficulty is this played on? Since we're going to reach and knock AI in this too?

Sent from my VZW Note 3
LOL. I could put any racing game on easy and never question if the driver had an eyes and a brain. I could put Madden on All-Madden and still wonder if the AI is even WORKING... Don't act like the difficulty level makes a difference in Madden AI. Cmon man..

have you ever played Forza?

# 124 djordan @ 10/14/13 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I feel you, but this still looks so much better than what we've been shown lately.

How smoothly he transitions from pocket stance to the escape run. Again not seen.

The Lynch Juke, the way AP carries a couple ball carriers. All of this stuff was fresh and new and had me excited. While it doesn't look 100% real, it looked alot better than what we've been getting in motion. That's the stuff I was hoping to see around this time. That's the game I would've purchased for my PS4. I haven't seen any of that stuff in any of the footage that has recently been released. There's still more to be shown, but I haven't seen that stuff since E3.
I'm dumbfounded as well Sage. Everything in that video looks like a tremendous step in the right direction compared to current gen. I have no clue what happened. Maybe they had to tone things down since it wouldn't run smoothly if kept in.

I just don't know what happened between E3 and now...

# 125 GaryT531 @ 10/14/13 02:42 PM
The camera angle at 0:12. That's what I'm talking about, I want to see replays/highlights from an angle like that.

# 126 wordtobigbird @ 10/14/13 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
I like that they brought in a former NFL Oline to revamp the lineplay. In a few weeks we will have a video that will tell us if they can bring his knowledge to virtual life.
I could be wrong but didn't they bring in that o-line guy a couple of years ago? I forget his name but they started putting him in videos and saying "we have an actual olineman here blah blah blah". Not to knock your post but if hes the same guy, hes been helping them for awhile without much changing.

# 127 LBzrule @ 10/14/13 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwest85
I wish they would show some ps4 screenshots.
LOL, that is not going to save it. Second, SCREENSHOTS? If you are going to get a PS4 you should be asking for an actual game play video. By this time next month if you want you can have the game in your hands, even before the system is out. The game is released on 11/12 for PS4 and you have no actual game play video at all with less than a month to go.

# 128 aholbert32 @ 10/14/13 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
The best part of the vid was the end where Andrew Luck and the O linemen congratulated eachother. That looked fluid and good. Players move good in cutscenes but during actual gameplay its terrible. The more i see of this game the more disgusted I get. Im so close to cancelling my Amazon pre order but I still have this false since of hope waiting on actual gameplay from the perspective of someone with a controller.
Thats in current gen too. No difference.

# 129 TheTruth437 @ 10/14/13 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyHolmes
APF2k8 was a amazing engine to build on. There are many moments where it looked real for a moment or two (Something Madden never accomplishes). Go play NBA 2k8. Imagine what APF2k would be right now if it had sold well. Next gen would have added even better gameplay and graphics. APF2k8 was a great engine, that felt rushed in graphic polish, and features. The animations would have been smoothed out through the years, just like NBA 2k8 vs NBA 2k14
I've played many hours of APF2k8 over the years. I would love to see a new APF release every year but it just didn't pan out.

There's no doubt that MLB The Show, NBA2k and FIFA have had years of good development to get where they are today. That's a big reason why they have surpassed (one and done) APF2k8 in quality imo.

# 130 TeeDogg @ 10/14/13 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite

You are right. Ive been enjoying M25 and have hopes for next gen, but EA is making hard for guys that are giving them a chance to have faith. I'm not sure what's going on with the ESPN bids but they should either stop or get them a better version of the game. Because its NOT what we've been lead to believe next gen was going to be. To me it animates worse than current gen.

I'm still holding out for some official game play. That's my only hope lol

# 131 ch46647 @ 10/14/13 02:54 PM
Honestly, this looks even worse then I thought. This looks like a mirror image of Madden on current-gen. Personally, I dont really see any difference whatsoever.

Just such a huge dissapointment over the last 8 years, and looks to be another 8-9 years of the same.

It appears that when EA talked about "learning from previous mistakes" they were simply talking about not having a full-featured game in 06'. Clearly the focus was to release this game with all the features ported over from this generation, with no intention to fix the broken code or give us all a new "fresh" gameplay experience.

These...guys...just...dont....get... it.......

# 132 Dogslax41 @ 10/14/13 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
You are right. Ive been enjoying M25 and have hopes for next gen, but EA is making hard for guys that are giving them a chance to have faith. I'm not sure what's going on with the ESPN bids but they should either stop or get them a better version of the game. Because its NOT what we've been lead to believe next gen was going to be. To me it animates worse than current gen.

I'm still holding out for some official game play. That's my only hope lol
True step is supposed to be out this week I thought. But given how they are pulling marketing material I don't know that we can expect them to stick to the schedule they originally discussed. They were supposed to release a video each Monday night but that didn't happen last week and after another disaster this week I would imagine we have seen our last Monday night video.

# 133 jenglund @ 10/14/13 02:55 PM
Those running animations still don't look right. What is it? It's like there's no shoulder-shifting or something. The players look so stiff.

And I think they've been reusing the same QB throwing animations since PS2. Again, can't really put my finger on it, but it just doesn't look like how QBs throw.

# 134 ixTOPDAWGxi @ 10/14/13 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsManiac4Life
Not impressed at all. Looks just like current-gen, other than a tiny, tiny graphics jump.
I feel you man. A lot of people expected that, but you have to think about it. The only reason why Madden 06 and other XBOX 360/PS3 games looked a whole lot better than the XBOX/PS2 was because we was moving from STANDARD DEFINITION to HIGH DEFINITION. Now we're moving from HIGH DEFINITION to HIGH DEFINITION. LOL The only thing now that set us apart is the graphics card. The graphics card is better than current gen systems. Don't worry Madden & other games in the future will look better than what will be released the first, maybe second year of the PS4/XBOX ONE launch. The madden team is an annual developing squad. They put out games every year. Their games is not going to look better than another company games like Naughty Dog, Ubisoft, or Square Enix. Just look at Infinity Ward's Call Of Duty Ghost. The Next Gen gameplay doesn't look too different from the current gen versions of the game. Even within EA, TITANFALL will look better because they had a team from the start that was fully dedicated to TITANFALL without going from one game project straight to another. So if you're looking for "OMG Graphics" for Madden, you're gonna have to give it some years.

# 135 dghustla @ 10/14/13 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
I could be wrong but didn't they bring in that o-line guy a couple of years ago? I forget his name but they started putting him in videos and saying "we have an actual olineman here blah blah blah". Not to knock your post but if hes the same guy, hes been helping them for awhile without much changing.
I thought he was brought in for madden 13. but they specially talked about him having a larger role moving forward. I don't take it as a knock. I'm saying that we will know if this team is capable of taking first hand knowledge and putting it into their games correctly. I enjoyed NCAA and Madden as they are. I understand many have not. I thought it was ridiculously that up until this year the OLine did not have a sophisticated targeting system and Olinemen were not seeking out blocks at the second level. Now that may seem like common football sense. But i honestly don't know if anyone on the dev team played organized football beyond the pee-wee, pop warner level.

In the videos from the brief angles available. The DL and OL interactions look much improved. In the 2 MNF videos we've seen Lamar Miller and Trent Richardson cut outside on their TD runs. But because of the angles they are presented at, we can not see why they are bouncing the run to the outside. If they can take the knowledge from a former pro lineman to enhance that area of the game. I will say there is so hope. If they can't take his information and create functioning realistic interactions in the trenches then expect to see the same 6.5,7/10 game that has been produced this generations.

# 136 kenlovin @ 10/14/13 02:57 PM
wow, that looks pretty terrible tbh honest. Hate to pile on but the robotic drop backs were rancid. The catching animations were better though. Why do those cutscenes that we have seen previously look so good but yet this looks terrible. I rmr the first video I saw said 'real gameplay footage' and though ok, that looks nice. This looks terrible, absolutely terrible.

# 137 TalenT @ 10/14/13 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
This is what we want!!!

AND

God bless that is beautiful football. I had forgotten what it looked like in the video game world. They should've just stolen this footage! It would've resulted in less of backlash. Lol

# 138 wordtobigbird @ 10/14/13 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
In the videos from the brief angles available. The DL and OL interactions look much improved. In the 2 MNF videos we've seen Lamar Miller and Trent Richardson cut outside on their TD runs. But because of the angles they are presented at, we can not see why they are bouncing the run to the outside. If they can take the knowledge from a former pro lineman to enhance that area of the game. I will say there is so hope. If they can't take his information and create functioning realistic interactions in the trenches then expect to see the same 6.5,7/10 game that has been produced this generations.
Could you point out what's much improved?

I agree with you that there is hope if madden can improve the AI. The biggest issue to me personally is the AI. I enjoyed M13 and M25 at times with their wack animations. But what KILLS the game for me is the AI of the players. So, I'm with you, if they can transfer knowledge from former players into AI, there is some hope. I don't have any faith in them doing that though based off what the devs have said. They say it takes so long to even add in presentation/graphical/accessory changes, I can't imagine they would revamp the AI in that same cycle. They JUST started getting lead blockers to stop running past the 1st and 2nd defender.. I don't expect them to add in gap assignments or true blocking schemes. I would LOVE to have to call out the Mike in order to pick up the blitz.. Doubt I ever will.

# 139 bestout51683 @ 10/14/13 03:04 PM
This looks like the first madden that came out on the xbox 360 SMH. River's pads look to big and so do Luck's. Look at how Trent Richardson is running. That is horrible. The worst part about it is these may even be cut scenes so could you imagine actual gameplay. SMH EA. I can't stand madden every year but I always buy it SMH.

# 140 guaps @ 10/14/13 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
This is what we want!!!

It's a real shame that we are comparing next-gen Madden with a six year old game, but they were doing things that Madden still can't...

After seeing the last couple of videos from EA, I don't expect next-gen Madden sidelines to look nearly as good at this.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.