Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Another next-gen Madden NFL 25 video has arrived, showing nothing but zoomed in footage from a simulation of tonight's match-up between the Indianapolis Colts vs. San Diego Chargers.

What are your thoughts?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 wyoming @ 10/14/13 03:07 PM
I can't believe EA put this crap out for us to see. Because of that video i will not be purchasing either the XBOX1 or the PS4. Next Gen. my ***. Cut it out with the silly marketing tactics SONY/MICROSOFT. looking at the videos looks just like what we the gamers are playing now on the Xbox/ PS3 consoles. You guys are selling gimmics with things like(watching another gamer playing a game). If I turn on my console I don't want to see other gamers play hell I want play my damn self.

# 142 wordtobigbird @ 10/14/13 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
It's a real shame that we are comparing next-gen Madden with a six year old game, but they were doing things that Madden still can't...

Thank you for this. Madden advertising interactive sidelines for next-gen. As somoone who didn't play APF (I need my NFL teams lol) If I don't see THIS then they were just lying to us. No excuses.

# 143 COACH WEBB @ 10/14/13 03:09 PM
SMH. The running animations are still bad. Man I thought we would see leaps and bounds from one generation to the next with this franchise. I guess not. Or do we have to wait for the dreaded 3 year process? Need to see more gameplay and play before I make a final decision, but I'm really "meh" at this point.

# 144 gator3guy @ 10/14/13 03:10 PM
But the grass...

# 145 cthurt @ 10/14/13 03:10 PM
This is just a big cycle of crap thats called EA marketing. We already been through this with the last ESPN next gen video, and that was taken down also but then EA released the presentation trailer and folks said now this is next gen and put that ESPN video behind them. Now here we go again another less then impressive ESPN video comes out with negative feed back and gets deleted, now EA will come out with the true step trailer this week and people will say the ESPN build must have been old again. At this point you dont know what to believe becuase EA isnt explaining why their releasing the bad quality videos, only to release a good quality trailer later on.

# 146 westview33 @ 10/14/13 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Everyone complained back in 06 when they gave us a new game with bare bone features, now everyone complains when they give us a full featured game, albeit a port, with minimal upgrades graphically.

What do you guys want them to do???

I think people had WAY too high expectations for next gen Madden and may not understand that the devs don't know the capabilities of these systems yet. First party next gen games are going to be much better graphically at first, they ALWAYS are. After a year or two the games will start to be pushed graphically and we will see much better LOOKING games. In the meantime, focus on the GAMEPLAY, the GAMEPLAY is what matters. To me, the gameplay looks pretty good, not great, but a definite improvement in terms of fluidity in movement and o/d line interactions look much improved. You can't turn a game that people are calling "trash" into "treasure" in one cycle guys. Continued improvement in gameplay and areas that matter is what we are wanting, let's hope it continues and at a faster rate, but at the same time, don't expect so much on the first iteration of a game on a new console.

Can anyone name ONE non first party title on 360 that blew you away graphically when Xbox 360 launched?

Everyone's talking about FIFA, but FIFA was a GREAT game on current gen, Madden wasn't. You have to keep these things in mind guys, it's going to take some time to get Madden on that level that we all want it to. Like I've said I don't expect it to take 5+ years to get there, I expect Madden 15 to be basically what we've been wanting, but how people could expect a port of Madden to compare to a port of FIFA is beyond my comprehension.
I'm not sure if your defending EA or what....But at the end of day what I gather from this post is we should wait 2-3 years before even purchasing a Madden Next Gen game right?Other than a slight graphical upgrade we shoudl expect the same exact gameplay on the field.

# 147 schmit_95 @ 10/14/13 03:19 PM
I've watched this twice, and I can't shake the feeling that this looks so much like Madden 08, with the hulking physiques, and blocky cartoony look. Maybe I'm nuts but thats what it looks like to me. And man, that 2K8 vid, its unbelivable how good that looks.
Please forgive me, I don't know all the developers, creative etc, but is this Cam Weber guy still in charge of Madden? I remember the elation when he was announced, and frankly I think this series has regressed since he came on. I was extremely critical of Ian and his team, but I have to eat some crow and say I think he was on target, I think if he ws still here Madden 13 and 14 would have been tremendous.

# 148 NINJAK2 @ 10/14/13 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsManiac4Life
Not impressed at all. Looks just like current-gen, other than a tiny, tiny graphics jump.
Not bad but not great = Madden

# 149 Lakers24win @ 10/14/13 03:22 PM
Arena looks good... But that's where it stops

# 150 kehlis @ 10/14/13 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers24win
Arena looks good... But that's where it stops
Arena?

# 151 dghustla @ 10/14/13 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Could you point out what's much improved?

I agree with you that there is hope if madden can improve the AI. The biggest issue to me personally is the AI. I enjoyed M13 and M25 at times with their wack animations. But what KILLS the game for me is the AI of the players. So, I'm with you, if they can transfer knowledge from former players into AI, there is some hope. I don't have any faith in them doing that though based off what the devs have said. They say it takes so long to even add in presentation/graphical/accessory changes, I can't imagine they would revamp the AI in that same cycle. They JUST started getting lead blockers to stop running past the 1st and 2nd defender.. I don't expect them to add in gap assignments or true blocking schemes. I would LOVE to have to call out the Mike in order to pick up the blitz.. Doubt I ever will.
In the coachglass video you can see Olineman turning Dlineman to actually open up holes. There is double team pass blocking and in general Dlineman looking more motivated to get to the QB and not settling for being stonewalled at the point of attack.

I long for the day when I shift my Dline and it actually changes the technique of the player. When i see Dline alignments in madden it's strictly cosmetic. Double Team pass blocking should make blitzing from the 3-4 more realistic but hopefully this is balanced and not overpowered.

# 152 cashless @ 10/14/13 03:29 PM
This is truly underwhelming.

# 153 gator3guy @ 10/14/13 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Arena?

In his defense, Madden has played like the Arena League over the last few years.

# 154 rvrazorback @ 10/14/13 03:31 PM
so if this game looks just like current gen, should I buy the next gen version when I didn't buy current gen? Or go for another game?

# 155 ABR173rd @ 10/14/13 03:32 PM
After watching this video I feel as though the game has completely reverted back to this gen, animations and all. Playing with the camera zoomed actually shows just how little the graphics have improved and the trajectory of the ball and QB throwing motions are still horrendous....Did I mention the same exact animations as this gen?

# 156 Archie56 @ 10/14/13 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoming
I can't believe EA put this crap out for us to see. Because of that video i will not be purchasing either the XBOX1 or the PS4. Next Gen. my ***. Cut it out with the silly marketing tactics SONY/MICROSOFT. looking at the videos looks just like what we the gamers are playing now on the Xbox/ PS3 consoles. You guys are selling gimmics with things like(watching another gamer playing a game). If I turn on my console I don't want to see other gamers play hell I want play my damn self.
So you aren't going to buy a PS4 or Xbox One JUST because you don't like the way Madden on next gen looks? You do realize that these marketing tactics have nothing to do with Microsoft or Sony right? Plus, if you were going to buy a next gen console for just Madden alone, with all the other awesome games that are coming out for them, then that's just plain silly in my opinion. But hey, to each his/her own I guess.

# 157 AmericasTeam @ 10/14/13 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by westview33
I'm not sure if your defending EA or what....But at the end of day what I gather from this post is we should wait 2-3 years before even purchasing a Madden Next Gen game right?Other than a slight graphical upgrade we shoudl expect the same exact gameplay on the field.
That's exactly right. Then in 3 years when it's no different, you should hold on for another 3 years. It's always "wait until next year" with these guys. I"m getting tired of waiting.

# 158 ChangeUp106 @ 10/14/13 03:36 PM
I've only recently read more and more posts on OS so excuse me if this has been brought up before.

It seems to me like the biggest problem is the new infinity engine they rolled out starting with Madden 13. I was sort of indifferent with 12 and didn't buy 13. I got it for Christmas, played it the next day, and couldn't believe how bad it was. The new engine, in my opinion, ruined the great Madden experience.

Yes graphics have improved and I'm glad but nothing will beat the days of Madden 02-07ish. Perhaps they can find a way to scrap the infinity engine and go back to a more basic engine while enhancing graphics, the sideline, the crowd, and the play call screen (among other things).

NextGen looks much of the same and I'm glad I won't have the means to get a PS4 for awhile. Won't be missing out on much.

# 159 jpdavis82 @ 10/14/13 03:37 PM
Although I still have hope for Madden 15 and that it will be THE game that we've been waiting on, unless I see something very drastically different from Madden 25 next gen soon, I am officially OFF the hype train.

My expectations have gone from VERY high(E3), to lower(October footage before today), to this is underwhelming even to me now(after looking at this video a few times).

I'm not even sure I will get Madden 25 next gen now and I was planning on buying a Xbox One BECAUSE of Madden 25 next gen.

It's time to see results

# 160 Victory23 @ 10/14/13 03:39 PM
I mean....it looks a little bit better. That's about all I see that's different. It really just looks like current gen Madden on a higher graphics setting.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk now Free

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.