Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Check out the latest next-gen NBA 2K14 screenshot of LeBron James on the PS4. Click here to view the high definition (5760x3240) screenshot.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 Goffs @ 10/15/13 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man
well microsoft and sony are both supporting the current gen until at least 2015 so id assume there would be maybe one more nba 2k for the current gen
PS2 had NBA 2k12....so they will still probably support it close to the end of consoles cycle....

It would suck if they didn't have NG graphics for 2k15 PC....I'm sure Leftos will probably voice it to the devs...hopefully...by that time I should have a 800 series card truthfully I'm more looking forward to the new series of cards from NVIDIA than anything else lol

# 182 tharealcstylez @ 10/15/13 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Lebron's skin tone looked a better in the original next-gen trailer-- at least in those lighting conditions. Not so reddish and light.

Skin reflections and general lighting look better in the latest though.

whats really impressing me about this comparison is that it looks like the skin tone changes depending on the lighting in the arena.people are complaining about how lebron looks to light but in the older trailer, he looks darker . if you notice, theres no lights in the stands which would make the lighting on the actual court a little dimer, thus lebrons skin appears darker. the newest pic has hm fully lit up which makes his skin brighter

# 183 Mintsa @ 10/15/13 11:12 AM
WOW...looks AMAZING !!!!!!

The jersey & arm sleeve look identical to real life. You couldn't tell the difference if you compared it to a real pic of Lebron.

# 184 yungflo @ 10/15/13 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I'm not butthurt since the next gen graphics will come out for the PC version next year. Gaming on the PC is a better experience since we get the missing players via mods while you guys get stuck with an alien version of Parsons.

So next gen graphics with modding capabilities.....yeah I look forward to seeing next gen Barkley and Miller on the PC version.
some people act like you can't connect a controller and tv into a computer. this is 2014, not 1995

# 185 49UNCFan @ 10/15/13 03:16 PM
Can LeBron plz get a shape up... we need up to date hairstyles with real line ups and tapers. looks great though

# 186 yungflo @ 10/15/13 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49UNCFan
Can LeBron plz get a shape up... we need up to date hairstyles with real line ups and tapers. looks great though
Lebron doesn't have his facial hair tapered up man.

# 187 Sundown @ 10/15/13 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharealcstylez
whats really impressing me about this comparison is that it looks like the skin tone changes depending on the lighting in the arena.people are complaining about how lebron looks to light but in the older trailer, he looks darker . if you notice, theres no lights in the stands which would make the lighting on the actual court a little dimer, thus lebrons skin appears darker. the newest pic has hm fully lit up which makes his skin brighter
I don't know if the difference we're seeing is really the different lighting environment. Both seem to be in the Heat arena. I do know that the lighting can change from arena to arena though, which will be great.

I think the difference we're seeing is actually improved shaders-- you can see how the new skin looks much more realistic because of improved reflections and what looks to be subsurface scattering (internal reflections under the skin). The old Lebron looked impressive but not nearly as lifelike. The new shading engine has an almost-alive "wax-museum" quality to it, which is a giant compliment for a video game.

But the implementation also lightened his skin tone and added more reddish ruddiness that makes it look more "realistic" but less like Lebron actually looks.

It's like Lebron just came from a day at the spa and an exfoliating rinse with sea sponge loofas. He feels fabulous.

It just needs a few tweaks to make him look more accurate. Darker skin tones, less red ruddiness, less saturation.

# 188 eaw913 @ 10/15/13 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
some people act like you can't connect a controller and tv into a computer. this is 2014, not 1995
So in other words you're just playing on an overly expensive console. Still don't see the point. Paying a ton of money, and continuing to pay a ton of money to stay up-to-date, is not worth some mods. If you have to buy extras to give you a console experience, well... ah never mind. You PC guys never make sense to me lol

# 189 23 @ 10/15/13 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaw913
So in other words you're just playing on an overly expensive console. Still don't see the point. Paying a ton of money, and continuing to pay a ton of money to stay up-to-date, is not worth some mods. If you have to buy extras to give you a console experience, well... ah never mind. You PC guys never make sense to me lol

People do what they want to do.

PC gamers have a reason for their computers that go way beyond just playing games in general from modding to recording to rendering to main usages and so on.

Stop being a jerk like you have some kind of inferiority complex because you don't have a PC.. and what does it matter...obviously the community is happy with it and what they can do, and since you aren't apart why are you so curious?

# 190 eaw913 @ 10/15/13 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
People do what they want to do.

PC gamers have a reason for their computers that go way beyond just playing games in general from modding to recording to rendering to main usages and so on.

Stop being a jerk like you have some kind of inferiority complex because you don't have a PC.. and what does it matter...obviously the community is happy with it and what they can do, and since you aren't apart why are you so curious?
Okay Mr. Sensitive lol. All I did was state my opinion. I don't get the point, that's just how I feel. And I guess the PC community is happy? Personally I feel it'd get old having to wait extremely long amounts of time for games. Again, my opinion.

I forget there's always a few that take it as a stab to the heart. Inferiority complex for not having a PC? Yeah, because I don't own a PC since you know me and my assets so well. I just simply do not use it for video games.

# 191 Goffs @ 10/15/13 04:51 PM
Quote:
Theres something called preference and stop confusing PC enthusiast with the regular PC gamers. Enthusiasts are the ones that just have to have the up to date cards while people like me wait for years to upgrade. Since I'm waiting I can just put money on the side when the card is released. And as for a console experience....

omg I can hook up my PC on the TV...look at the console experience..

Oh and I also have a PS3 and 360 so don't think that most PC guys are just gaming in one system. As a matter of fact most people I know that game on PC owns a PS3....because you know why limit your gaming exerience...ah nevermind. Your shortsightedness makes no sense to me lol

# 192 Sundown @ 10/15/13 04:57 PM
Quote:
Life is a lot less stressful when you don't have to knock others' decisions to justify your own.

# 193 eaw913 @ 10/15/13 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Theres something called preference and stop confusing PC enthusiast with the regular PC gamers. Enthusiasts are the ones that just have to have the up to date cards while people like me wait for years to upgrade. Since I'm waiting I can just put money on the side when the card is released. And as for a console experience....

omg I can hook up my PC on the TV...look at the console experience..

Oh and I also have a PS3 and 360 so don't think that most PC guys are just gaming in one system. As a matter of fact most people I know that game on PC owns a PS3....because you know why limit your gaming exerience...ah nevermind. Your shortsightedness makes no sense to me lol
To be honest, I was going to say fair enough and admit that there is a difference in the two. Much respect for that.

However, you lost any bit of respect I could give by the end of your post. You can never have a discussion with PC players because you get so god-awful defensive of it. To be frank, I don't care why you play PC.. what you use to connect it to your TV (like I can't figure out this is an option, but that I don't see the point, which has been stated in multiple posts of mine).

Also, I never even directed any of my posts to you or the other fella getting upset. I directed my post to the guy saying PS4 was obviously fake and had to be running on a PC. It gets old hearing it when it is not accurate. So instead of defending your beloved brothers, understand why the conversation began to begin with.

# 194 eaw913 @ 10/15/13 05:01 PM
Quote:
Life is a lot less stressful when you don't have to knock others' decisions to justify your own.
Another person chiming in without understanding why I started the conversation to begin with. I was not judging PC players for playing on a PC.

I was judging the member who was saying negative comments on the PS4 version in order to praise the PC. Doing exactly what you two are getting antsy about.

# 195 Sundown @ 10/15/13 05:06 PM
Quote:
Another person chiming in without understanding why I started the conversation to begin with. I was not judging PC players for playing on a PC.

I was judging the member who was saying negative comments on the PS4 version in order to praise the PC. Doing exactly what you two are getting antsy about.
What I said applies both ways. Anti-Console PC guys are silly to me, too-- except for where console development actually hurts the PC gaming industry (and it has in many ways while helping in others).

Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
True, but the same can be said for the people that come on just to talk about how much better PC is.
No doubt. Each has their strengths. I'm pretty much console-only with 2K because it provides a more robust gaming experience (online/patches/etc). I'm pc-only with games that are phenomenal when modded (GTA/Skyrim), and also pc-only with first person shooters, unless it's an exclusive.

# 196 eaw913 @ 10/15/13 05:09 PM
Quote:
What I said applies both ways. Anti-Console PC guys are silly to me, too-- except for where console development actually hurts the PC gaming industry (and it has in many ways while helping in others).
I completely agree with you. It is the entire reason I said what I did originally. I am not anti-PC. I think it is great what they can do with their games. In defense, I simply said I don't get the desire. I am not saying it is horrible, wrong or stupid. Simply my opinion and that I prefer console.

Yet you get swarmed by people who either don't read your posts or take things out of context. Sadly the issue with posting on a forum without facial expressions or tone.

# 197 SouthBeach @ 10/15/13 05:26 PM
Came to read more thoughts on the screen shot for 2K14 next gen.

Walked right into a PC vs. console debate.

I'm in the wrong thread.

# 198 MarvinOida @ 10/15/13 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
Came to read more thoughts on the screen shot for 2K14 next gen.

Walked right into a PC vs. console debate.

I'm in the wrong thread.
Go to the Xbox1 graphics thread.

PS4 vs XBOX 1.

Tap Taptalking away from my iPhone 5.... C

# 199 BluFu @ 10/15/13 06:59 PM
Which of these game modes will not be receiving an update next gen?
a)My Player
b)MyTeam
c)Association
d)Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
What is National Basketball...?
ergh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookNBA03
Association?
and cook is on the board with less than a minute to go!

# 200 skillz773 @ 10/16/13 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
This is an older approved screenshot. Our current build has the uniform correct as well as the addition of his new tattoos (come on people, you're slipping!).
Can't wait to see how they do D.Rose. hope they don't miss his Malcolm X tattoo on calf he's had over a year now. Also his addidas padded knee sleeve has been mia in 2k since 2010 but next-gen is a different matter. [img]

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.