Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Check out the latest next-gen NBA 2K14 screenshot of LeBron James on the PS4. Click here to view the high definition (5760x3240) screenshot.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 the_future420 @ 10/14/13 01:26 PM
Disappointed in the blurry crowd/background. I really want to see a leap in terms of the crowd/sidelines/stadium background. I think that will go a long way to adding to an updated graphical feel

# 22 Goffs @ 10/14/13 01:27 PM
Now I want to see the updated version of Kevin Durant....I really want to see his skinny body type....

# 23 King_B_Mack @ 10/14/13 01:27 PM
I'm guessing this is from an older build. The jersey is off and the guys on the bench aren't wearing warmups from what I can make out. Other than that, **** looks great.

# 24 Sundown @ 10/14/13 01:29 PM
Looks like they improved the skin shaders even more. It looks eerily real. Lebron's skin could afford to be a tiny bit darker and less reddish though, and he could look a little more cut.

# 25 SouthBeach @ 10/14/13 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Where's this screenshot from?
That was a photo from Miami Heat media day.

Not sure if it was last week's or his first season with the Heat. But his beard isn't as scraggly now as it is in the screen shot.

# 26 renewill27 @ 10/14/13 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Ps4 seems to be lead platform in which all games are shown it seems
Glad i switched my preorder
No Sony just paid them for promotion. Making it seem like its a ps4 only game.

# 27 Melbournelad @ 10/14/13 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
Graphics are nice, but I'm more interested in how they handle stuff like rosters and gameplay. They can't seriously use the same trainwreck of a roster on next gen, right?
Agreed, but I wouldn't get my hopes up given their poor track record.

# 28 Goffs @ 10/14/13 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Looks like they improved the skin shaders even more. It looks eerily real. Lebron's skin could afford to be a tiny bit darker and less reddish though, and he could look a little more cut.
It might be because of the new lighting system but yeah I agree they need to darken his skin tone a bit.

# 29 J_Posse @ 10/14/13 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
I'm hoping beyond hope that they've finally addressed having multiple body types, not body scanning the most cut guy in the NBA (Corey Maggette at the time) and using him for everyone. I agree that LeBron should definitely be more defined.

This is the best image I could find for comparison to the screenshot (quick Google search):

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ using Tapatalk

# 30 cthurt @ 10/14/13 01:42 PM
That Spalding basketball detail tho!!! Looks amazing but my detailed eye cant let 2k get away with the white on the side of the jersey thats suppose to be yellow.

# 31 KidHypeTellem @ 10/14/13 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
I'm guessing this is from an older build. The jersey is off and the guys on the bench aren't wearing warmups from what I can make out. Other than that, **** looks great.
In regards to the jersey, just had a quick look at the recent trailer and it's off in there too (unless as said before, they're changing the jersey?).

If they aren't changing, as minor an issue it is, hope they fix it.

# 32 SouthBeach @ 10/14/13 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
That Spalding basketball detail tho!!! Looks amazing but my detailed eye cant let 2k get away with the white on the side of the jersey thats suppose to be yellow.
Yeah, man.

The only new uniforms are these ones.

Hopefully the white is replaced with gold.

# 33 Sundown @ 10/14/13 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW

PS4 screenshot
Finish on the ball looks good but the modelling/normal mapping looks a bit off. The panels should look more raised and their bevels should be pronounced around the black lines. It could also afford to look a bit more orange.

It looks like they modelled it off one of the replica rubber balls rather than the real leather game ball.

Of all the things Live gets wrong, this is one thing they get right year to year:

# 34 tsbmolina @ 10/14/13 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
I like how they blurred out the background so we can't tell if the crowd still has PS2 graphics
The focus was intentionally put on the player model, it doesn't reflect the quality of the crowd.

# 35 LeBronistheKing @ 10/14/13 01:57 PM
Screenshot looks great! To this point the most impressed I've been with next gen was the LeBron next gen reveal trailer back in June. It truly blew me away. Moreso than the more recent tv commercial...so I'm hoping the finished product is more in line with the reveal trailer. As far as the screenshot...Glad they got the correct white sleeve for the home jerseys. Cannot really tell from the screenshot but I'm hoping they still have the "I promise" wrist bands as they are in the current gen 2K14. I noticed the stripe on the Heat jersey being incorrect during the next gen TV spot and since that was from a old build I'm going this screenshot is as well. I can't see such a large cosmetic oversite as messing up the cover boys team jersey making it in to the final game. Interseted to see and hear more. Especially intrigued to see 2Ks involvement with NiceKicks as well as the player models for the Classic teams on Next Gen.

# 36 d23x @ 10/14/13 01:58 PM
I hope this is from an early build. Jersey needs to be just a little more fitted to where you can't see the under armour, and he needs to be just a tad bit darker, not much though. Still looks excellent though!

# 37 Optik @ 10/14/13 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Ronnie 2k really is the king of hyping up minor details as massive announcements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
It might be because of the new lighting system but yeah I agree they need to darken his skin tone a bit.
Yeah less redwood, more mahogany please.

# 38 bodymore @ 10/14/13 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
That gif. lol

# 39 Sundown @ 10/14/13 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
I'm hoping beyond hope that they've finally addressed having multiple body types, not body scanning the most cut guy in the NBA (Corey Maggette at the time) and using him for everyone. I agree that LeBron should definitely be more defined.

This is the best image I could find for comparison to the screenshot (quick Google search):

Oh is that what they did? Scan Corey Magette? That's interesting, as I thought it looked quite good-- just not appropraite for every player.

I'd like to see them use about 5-6 body textures/normal maps, being careful to distinguish between the two or three of the most common types: Iguodala-level cut, Lebron-semi-cut, and Paul Pierce-not-so-cut. One more for very-low-fat super-striated (prime Rose, Westbrook, ) and a couple for fatties.

Models themselves should have about 3-5 different levels of musclature to cover guys like Dwight (bulky), Iggy (jacked), and smaller more wiry guys. Everything else can be interpolated from these 3-5 target models.

Then proportion those out appropriately for different builds and limb lengths, making sure they cover the most distinguishable builds like KD and Glen Davis.

# 40 J_Posse @ 10/14/13 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d23x
I hope this is from an early build. Jersey needs to be just a little more fitted to where you can't see the under armour, and he needs to be just a tad bit darker, not much though. Still looks excellent though!
They need to fix the piping on the Heat jersey and make sure all other jerseys are near 100% accurate. Don't want realistic models, cyberfaces, courts and (possibly) shoes, but (some) jerseys are still inaccurate.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.