Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA Sports announced today it's roster of athletes for NBA Live 14. The squad includes cover athlete Kyrie Irving of the Cleveland Cavaliers and young stars Damian Lillard (Portland Trail Blazers), Ricky Rubio (Minnesota Timberwolves), John Wall (Washington Wizards), Kemba Walker (Charlotte Bobcats) and Victor Oladipo (Orlando Magic).

Each player was chosen because they embody the 'ethos' of Live 14: "Nothing but next".

Each player has been involved in motion capture in order to capture their unique signature moves as well as head scans, facial performance sessions, development consultation and more. EA plans to release videos of the players mentioned above leading up to and through the launch of Live 14 on November 19.

“The time, access and feedback these athletes have provided has been invaluable,” said NBA LIVE 14 Executive Producer Sean O’Brien. “We’ve been able to capture signature moves and unique styles through mocap sessions, and their willingness to provide open and honest feedback has helped us do so much more with the game in year one than we ever could have achieved without them.”

Read more on the athlete lineup and their role in the development of NBA Live 14.

NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 balljonesjr @ 10/14/13 05:43 PM
They don't have a big man in this group does this mean they are ignoring the bigs and the game is solely focused on players with great handles those models look good tho

# 22 braves_94 @ 10/14/13 05:44 PM
Waiting to LMAO when youtube videos featuring Omar Asik manning the point crop up featuring moves like Kyrie Irving. Just like the old NBA Live days. Glen Baby Davis handling the rock like Ricky Rubio... thinking this game will be good for somehting after all. A pretty decent laugh.

# 23 The 504 Boy @ 10/14/13 05:52 PM
I think this is it.....we are about to go on a wild NBA Live ride over the next few weeks. i think we will get flooded with gameplay.

# 24 jtswag187 @ 10/14/13 05:54 PM
does anyone notice that they gave Kyrie a bigger crotch, I'm not trying to be a perv or anything but it seemed noticable

# 25 spottieottiedop @ 10/14/13 05:58 PM
I think Live will be OK this year and close the gap with 2K. Can't believe I feel that way based on,how I felt last month.

# 26 Sundown @ 10/14/13 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
The faces look amazing. Almost thought it was a real picture, until I looked at the bodies. They're not bad, but definitely distinguishable from real life. Something about the hands look off to me.

The overhead screenshot looks great. Love the scuff marks on the court. Still need to see it in motion though.
My main problem with the bodies is the shoulders. They look too rounded, when real deltoids have a bit of a point at the corners, due to the bone underneath. As a result, they look cartoonish and have slumping, hunchback shoulders in certain poses.

Fixing that would do a lot for the characters' body language.

# 27 Pratt75 @ 10/14/13 06:38 PM
EA, can we see the game already?! You keep delaying and delaying and not showing us the game. The people want to see the game in action. If you show us the game then people will be more than happy to read your fluff pieces you keep putting out. Lets go!

# 28 LionsFanNJ @ 10/14/13 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
That is probably not true. They could get a couple bigs to motion capture big man dunks or moves but they don't necessarily have to be NBA players. Could have ex-college guys, lesser known professionals from outside NBDL but I am leaning to ex-college guys, slam dunk contest guys who knows.
Yeah I get that. I just wish one or two guys like say Drummond or Davis got some mocap. Another case of Live's history having me worried.

# 29 actuallybrown @ 10/14/13 07:01 PM
2 things:
- This game should be GOLD and in print right now. WHERE ARE VIDS?
- If the 'MyCareer Mode' (whatever they're calling it) isn't awesome, this gets passed over until next year.

Okay 3 things:
- I'm expecting a massive dump of info on modes, videos, and hands-on previews in the next 2 weeks. If I don't get that, I have to assume that this year's effort is crap...BUT, being a die-hard 2K fan, and after playing 2K14 current gen, the playing field will be level come 2014-15 season.

# 30 iTz GoRiLlAz @ 10/14/13 07:02 PM
People who say Show us Gameplay EA! Yo did you guys hear the Podcast they released? They interviewed Gameplay Designer Scott O'Gallagher, he said we're going to release gameplay close to finished product, and that they are 100% going to release! So lets be patient, and Gameplay is coming! Ya'll should really listen to the Podcast great information!!

# 31 Dr. Poe @ 10/14/13 07:16 PM
Sorry, but 2k got it locked. These players look like cartoon caricatures like madden. 2k looks real.

# 32 beast10 @ 10/14/13 07:29 PM
live stop doing these previews and post gameplay

# 33 yungflo @ 10/14/13 07:39 PM
Models looking SICK!

Ah man, two basketball games this YEAR! F--- Ywah!

# 34 Sundown @ 10/14/13 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz GoRiLlAz
People who say Show us Gameplay EA! Yo did you guys hear the Podcast they released? They interviewed Gameplay Designer Scott O'Gallagher, he said we're going to release gameplay close to finished product, and that they are 100% going to release! So lets be patient, and Gameplay is coming! Ya'll should really listen to the Podcast great information!!
Words are just words from EA. They mean nothing until more screen shots/gameplay is shown.

# 35 nick_sr @ 10/14/13 07:51 PM
some ppl i swear lol

# 36 yungflo @ 10/14/13 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Poe
Sorry, but 2k got it locked. These players look like cartoon caricatures like madden. 2k looks real.
They aren't the best, but its definitely an improvement. At this point, they are not competing with 2k, they are competing with themselves and trying to gain back a following they lost. This is one step in the right direction. They look great to me, the resemble fifa's body build which is good. Go look at the trailer at e3, then go look at this picture. Even in CGI, the models still looked horrible in June

# 37 Gosens6 @ 10/14/13 07:54 PM
If EA continues to ignore post play, and big man play all round, they will fail on this generation of consoles.

I know flashy guards and their crossovers are cool to see on the highlight reel, but big men are just as important, if not more than guards. If they have piss poor big play, then this title will fail. I can't remember the last NBA Live game that actually had a decent post game, it's sad really.

# 38 yungflo @ 10/14/13 08:00 PM
I think the capture of the face is sick. I thought they would put microdots on their face the same way they do for other games. But its just an HD camera, a dozen or so and they sit in the booth. It gets the job done. Still,I wonder how will emotion translate into the game. Will their be emotion. They didn't mocap the face, they just captured it. I haven't seen kyrie shifted from the emotionless expression on his face since the first trailer. I'm guessing emotions won't be in the game?

# 39 CookNBA03 @ 10/14/13 08:06 PM
Let's GO!! The rivalry is now OFFICIALLY back.

# 40 iverson_2k @ 10/14/13 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
I think the capture of the face is sick. I thought they would put microdots on their face the same way they do for other games. But its just an HD camera, a dozen or so and they sit in the booth. It gets the job done. Still,I wonder how will emotion translate into the game. Will their be emotion. They didn't mocap the face, they just captured it. I haven't seen kyrie shifted from the emotionless expression on his face since the first trailer. I'm guessing emotions won't be in the game?
There are emotions in the game. If you go back and read some of the articles on the EA website there are pictures of Nba players yelling and smiling. I'm glad I'm right when I said the info was going to be flooding in this week. These next two weeks are going to be the best. This is the most information we've gotten. That interview with Scott O'Gallagher is very informative and answers a lot of questions. I don't expect them to show all their cards just yet though. We might get another trailer later this week I'm feeling and then maybe a full 5 vs 5 next week. I think it would be better for EA to let 2k show their next gen gameplay first. B/c people remember what is the most current and recent. If they show gameplay first people will forget about it, and once the 2k videos starting dropping it will be a complete afterthought. Glad the game is confirmed! Competition is back! Let's hope 2k can get this nfl license now.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.