Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports has introduced a new feature to NBA 2K14 called Locker Codes.

Quote:
Introducing Locker Codes. The innovative new feature will present you an opportunity to team up with your fellow NBA 2K14 players every day to earn in-game rewards.

Below are some notes from LD2K.
  • 2 codes per week.
  • One for visiting the app - and you get a point per visit.
  • One for unlocking the 2nd code - which this week is a Silver Pack. Users get a point per visit so just coming to the app will help unlock the 2nd code. This week, 500 points unlocks the 2nd code for all.
  • The codes can be redeemed in-game under the CODES menu.
  • Anyone can share a code by writing it down and passing it on to their friends. Going to the app, however, contributes a point towards the unlock. You do NOT need to click the share button to contribute. By simply visiting the app adds a point towards the unlock. Hope that helps.
  • For just visiting weekly, you get a free code right off the start. This week it's 1,000 VC.
The app can be found here.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 VDusen04 @ 10/15/13 05:34 PM
I ask politely, what is the point of this innovative feature? I cannot listen to the YouTube audio right this moment so I'm not sure I grasp the concept. People visit a page and when an arbitrary number of visits are hit, a code is released? Codes for what? Virtual Currency? And why is the system based upon visiting a separate site? What is the overarching premise? Is the motive gamer-based here, or marketing and worth-based? Again, I'm not sure I fully grasp the concept, but it kind of feels 2K is using its customers more than looking for the best way to provide for them. It feels more sales pitch than new feature.

I suppose I'll have to listen later and see if that clears things up.

# 22 XXstormmXX @ 10/15/13 05:55 PM
This is going to turn into 2K14: Zynga edition, where you get rewarded for harassing your facebook friends.

# 23 other @ 10/15/13 06:17 PM
This a new low. Sorry 2K, I'm not harassing my friends. Who even invented the stupid concept of annoying people until they like something? This isn't the music industry.

# 24 JerzeyReign @ 10/15/13 06:28 PM
Since I'm talking about NBA 2K, NBA Live, or the NBA in general most of the time anyway on Twitter I see this as free VC or whatever the giveaway is...

# 25 LD2k @ 10/15/13 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by other
This a new low. Sorry 2K, I'm not harassing my friends. Who even invented the stupid concept of annoying people until they like something? This isn't the music industry.
As stated earlier, no need to harass friends.

You come, you get, you add to the next get.

That simple.

# 26 franzis @ 10/15/13 06:48 PM
Between VC and this I'm starting to feel uncomfortable with current 2k vision

# 27 stizz @ 10/15/13 06:52 PM
Is this the feature that they were making a huge fuss about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

# 28 Vni @ 10/15/13 07:02 PM
What?

I don't even get it. Goodbye.

# 29 nextlevelshhhh @ 10/15/13 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stizz
Is this the feature that they were making a huge fuss about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I was thinking the same thing ...This feature is so pointless

# 30 Hadlowe @ 10/15/13 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
As stated earlier, no need to harass friends.

You come, you get, you add to the next get.

That simple.
Yeah, but the app still gets access to my friends list. I don't feel comfortable giving up that kind of information when I don't know the use of the info.

Not griping about it. Just not going to trade my friends list for some in-game bonuses.

# 31 franzis @ 10/15/13 07:31 PM
^^^^
Maybe I miss something, but just use a fake fb account

# 32 turty11 @ 10/15/13 07:45 PM
so let me get this straight.

are locker points, just yours or is it based off the entire community?

yall also forget you can just make a "pretend" facebook account for this ^^

# 33 RUFFNREADY @ 10/15/13 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadlowe
Yeah, but the app still gets access to my friends list. I don't feel comfortable giving up that kind of information when I don't know the use of the info.

Not griping about it. Just not going to trade my friends list for some in-game bonuses.
I totally agree with you 100%.
I should just be able to to go to the FB page, and the code be there; and then I am GHOST!
(that easy!)
Not this

# 34 jasmindany @ 10/15/13 08:02 PM
my best frends daddy just got an almost new green Lexus NX 200t SUV by work part time using a laptop... blog here............ http://gg.gg/l1jf

# 35 turty11 @ 10/15/13 08:06 PM
lets get on to the next code already!

# 36 FloorGeneral @ 10/15/13 08:22 PM
Ummmm...I hope to GOD this isn't the "mind blowing, make you forget about all the other features" feature/mode that JW55, and the folks at 2K were teasing. Talk about an all-time let down.

# 37 JasonWilliams55 @ 10/15/13 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorGeneral
Ummmm...I hope to GOD this isn't the "mind blowing, make you forget about all the other features" feature/mode that JW55, and the folks at 2K were teasing. Talk about an all-time let down.
My thoughts exactly.

# 38 DA KING @ 10/15/13 08:37 PM
NOT WORKING! great job 2k

# 39 DA KING @ 10/15/13 08:42 PM
how do I get it to work?

# 40 DA KING @ 10/15/13 08:46 PM
??????????????????????????

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.