Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

A new screenshot was just posted by EA of NBA Live 14. We are expecting a video complete with 5-on-5 gameplay tomorrow.

What stands out to you in this screen?

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 RayRay34 @ 10/17/13 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by F0rl3fclov3r
You ready to hear truth?

The only people who will buy this trash are nba live Fanboys.

This is soooo bad! The player models do not look properly defined, they haven't released a game in years and with less than a month to go, still no video? They have nothing! They are going to put out such a bad game and the time and effort they invested in this is the biggest waste of time and money.

I have always been a fan of EA Sports and I still am, but ever since 2K hit shelves back on Dreamcast, the basketball scene from EA has never been on par. Simple things they still can't grasp, shot stick, player models, net movement, etc.

Please EA, don't put this game out and risk ruining your overall rep, jus back out again, allow 2K to win (because they will anyway) and emphasis your focus on your best features such as Madden. This game looks dreadful!!!
I'll give you the truth..... I'll buy this. I'm not a live fan boy but a basketball fan boy. So don't classify all of us. And if you don't believe me just check out all my posts.

# 62 Ijeswannaknow @ 10/17/13 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay34
Better bring it tomorrow guys.... Shots got fired and they weren't from hip hop gamer.
Good one man!!! Ha!

# 63 yungflo @ 10/17/13 11:20 PM
Quote:
I'll give you the truth..... I'll buy this. I'm not a live fan boy but a basketball fan boy. So don't classify all of us. And if you don't believe me just check out all my posts.
So will I...but probably when the price goes down or I'll end up renting it and see how it plays out of curiosity, but for some reason, I can't justify spending 60 dollars on this. I know gameplay is tomorrow, that will ultimately decide if I cancel my preorder or keep it. Money is hard to come by

# 64 The 504 Boy @ 10/17/13 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK41NOWITZKI
After looking at this I think that teaser they gave yesterday was from an older build because in this picture the jerseys have wrinkles. I couldn't find a wrinkle on Nash's jersey so... We'll just have to wait till tomorrow to see.
I noticed the very same thing last night and was puzzled as to why they would even show that as that clearly wasn't the game at its best.

# 65 wordtobigbird @ 10/17/13 11:24 PM
So the teaser of the gameplay trailer is from an old build, but the actual gameplay trailer will be a new build.

Makes sense....

# 66 ruLEX$$ @ 10/17/13 11:27 PM
Not as impressive as 2k but it does look pretty good for a comeback. I do EA needs to improve on graphics and player movement and animation. If they can do that I wouldn't mind giving it a try. I'm not close minded. I remember when I purchased my dream. There was no live so I gave 2k a shot and they impressed me enough to stick with them even though I still purchased live for the playstation. Everyone should hope live delivers with a solid game. It will make the genre that much better.

# 67 Steve_OS @ 10/17/13 11:29 PM
Just added a link to a higher resolution screenshot in the OP.

# 68 The 504 Boy @ 10/17/13 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
@EASPORTSNBA: Legit 5 on 5 from #NBALIVE14 dropping tomorrow morning! http://t.co/fHSCCWwc0n

LOL@ "legit".

I like the back and forth going on between the 2 camps.

Hope it brings the best out of both of them. We win as gamers.
I think the word legit was chosen wisely as we were swindled by EA yesterday with that old build preview.

# 69 The 504 Boy @ 10/17/13 11:33 PM
Quote:
This whole fanboy **** is stupid and immature. So what if someone is a "fanboy" of one game or another. Who gives a ****? Why does it matter? Man sometimes I feel like its a bunch of high school kids in here...but then again it could be......how would I know?

# 70 Escobeats @ 10/17/13 11:38 PM
Imma rent this **** before I buy it ... If I like it ill consider buying it, If it doesn't I wont.

# 71 49UNCFan @ 10/18/13 12:00 AM
Players look funny doesn't look good imo

# 72 yungflo @ 10/18/13 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 504 Boy
This whole fanboy **** is stupid and immature. So what if someone is a "fanboy" of one game or another. Who gives a ****? Why does it matter? Man sometimes I feel like its a bunch of high school kids in here...but then again it could be......how would I know?
I agree

I don't like this follow the leader bull****. Or follow the underdog. These are multibillion dollar corporations, They don't care about us. Hell, they don't care about their workers, especially during crunch time and they don't care about the manufacturing lines of slave like labor. Yet, some of you people want to ride and die for these companies. Smh. When you buy something, buy it for your entertainment, don't buy it to help the other x, but it because you enjoy x. Cause foreal, they don't care.

# 73 btrapp @ 10/18/13 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
People should just be happy there's two games on the market this season, even if it's just for next gen. Who cares if 2K will own Live, two games is better than one!! Real bball gamers will try out both!!

This 2K Fan Boys trolling every year has got to get tiring at some point? Y'all sound like bitter Girlfriends most of the time nitpicking everything, just relax
Two bball games on the market means nothing when one is a low budget NBA licensed cash grab. EA knows this game will sell badly and they invested accordingly. This isn't a competition.

# 74 Jay Jay @ 10/18/13 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Just added a link to a higher resolution screenshot in the OP.
After seeing the hi-res screen shot I think Live 14 look good for a zoomed out screen.

# 75 Sundown @ 10/18/13 12:26 AM
Doesn't look *great* but doesn't look horrible like yesterday's teaser. Some of it is actually kind of okay. I don't know what's going on. Lighting even looks different. Staged screenshot? Rendered on something else? Different lighting settings?

Weird.

# 76 RayRay34 @ 10/18/13 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 504 Boy
I really hope you weren't telling me to quit the fan boy ****. Take a look at the post I was replying to and understand where I am coming from.

# 77 yungflo @ 10/18/13 12:49 AM
Did someone use photoshop to resize the image? the higher reso looks horrible, not judging on live im judging the picture quality. its horrendous

the detailson the players look sick though, everyone looks like everyone. i hope we see lebron tom

# 78 23 @ 10/18/13 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
Did someone use photoshop to resize the image? the higher reso looks horrible, not judging on live im judging the picture quality. its horrendous

the detailson the players look sick though, everyone looks like everyone. i hope we see lebron tom
Im sure it was done like that on purpose... that hi res pic looks bad... what the heck

# 79 yungflo @ 10/18/13 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Im sure it was done like that on purpose... that hi res pic looks bad... what the heck
yeah it pretty terrible. it look like someone upscaled it and called it higher rez

I like how ea even has the MH emblem on the pants. dope. james shirt covers it in 2k

# 80 frankwyte81 @ 10/18/13 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislive1994
Unlike 2K, they got the damn Heat jerseys looking right.

Nice screen of D. Rose and crew, as well the Miami Cheat. No LeBron (coincidence?)

Can't wait till tomorrow. EA Sports & NBA Live, do what you got to do.
At least they got something right, but the rest of the game looks so dated and turrible (Charles Barkley voice). Everyone seems to have the same body type, Wade isn't that skinny, c'mon son. They could've possibly tried to compete with NBA 2k14 on the PS3, Live looks like a CG game except for the stadiums. Next gen, it won't be a competition and I was really looking forward to some kind of competition. It took EA Sports 4 years to **** out a turd.

Like I said yesterday, EA's progress comes slow. You'll be waiting for the PS5 to get a great Live game. View the history of Madden, if you need further proof.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.