Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA Sports today released the first gameplay trailer for NBA Live 14, which features snippets of gameplay action.

What do you think about the trailer?

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Bad_Intentions @ 10/18/13 11:45 AM
Players looked like plastic figures. Also the player models don't seem to have much thickness to them. Carmelo didn't look any thicker than any of the other players shown.

# 122 RICH72601 @ 10/18/13 11:46 AM
Looks better, but as most would agree, it doesn't have that next-gen look or movement to it. I find there to be a lot of stiffness in the upper torso still. Obviously, Live has their own art direction and it shows. I just thought that on a new system and era, their skeletal structure for the players would be totally redone. Looks like copy and paste from current-gen as far as the movement, beyond dribbling. I'll still get it and try it out because I'm a basketball nut, but I'm walking away pretty unexcited.

# 123 swaggedout @ 10/18/13 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
I'm still buying the game because I support competition. Competition is good for the gamers. It didn't look good, but it's something new... Well kind of... Either way we the gamers all win with competition. Obviously most of my play time is going to 2k though.
You buying a game that doesn't look good just because it's competition? WOW, its your money.

Game looks stiff to me. No bad, but not impressed. I'm sticking with the other game. I'm done.

# 124 willh313 @ 10/18/13 11:48 AM
Not bad, I think it will be fun. Still getting 2k14 first, but I'll play any basketball game. Could be a solid foot hole for the series. Still we DON'T know anything about the game play in next gen 2k14. Even the Czar is saying that the game will be different on next gen. That could or bad too. Interesting times....

# 125 SouthBeach @ 10/18/13 11:49 AM

My true to life reaction.

They have a lot of work to do.

# 126 blingballa333 @ 10/18/13 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
There is absolutely no help defense. The ball handler gets past his defender and can just go to the rim unimpeded.
I'm sure that is just because it's a trailer. They're trying to show off dunks but I will hold final judgement till I see extended game play.

So far so good for Live.

# 127 noshun @ 10/18/13 11:50 AM
where do i begin? well irst off, this game def has elements pf past lives in it so im not buying the ground up aspect at all. you can still see traces of old live which is good and bad. its live.. in a sense, but the stuff that plagued earlier lives made its way thru.

it looks decent, but i have a bad feeling this game could be a 1 & done. this game is going to get the least sales as far as next gen sports go. and if this doesnt sell more than live 10, could be done.

i liked the dribbling, but other than that it was more meh than anything, plain ole rice cakes. where did stoudemire disappear to when kyrie did his layup? melo stutter, i liked.. the game just seems slow..like live 07 slow.. playing with senior citizen versions of the players as far as movement went at times in this clip.

i dont like the spastic movements.. i used this term when describing elite years ago, look at curry when deron is dribbling... spastic seizure jittery movements... thats a result of too much control.... not letting momentum/transition animation happen.

its a start, ill just get the demo if i wanna play this.. like ive been doing since 07.

did like the courts..those look good. because theyre static.. will post more after more viewing.

# 128 aholbert32 @ 10/18/13 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween
Looks like Live 10 with minor visual improvments, but nothing like next gen. That being said, Fifa doesnt look like next gen either so it could be the EA "we dont want to invest money, we wanna milk yall" syndrom.

All in all, it doesnt look that bad for EA to cancel it but having to discuss it speaks for itself. They REALLY need to step up their game for next year or that competion for 2k wont last long.
I played FIFA yesterday on the PS$ and it looks very next gen to me.

# 129 yungflo @ 10/18/13 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by veguss2001
Meh. Shouldn't be $60.
That.Was.Terrible.

That trailer seemed thrown together, as evident of the constant song switching that didn't match the video at all. Pre-ordered canceled. I'm sorry, but this is not a 60 dollar game. Maybe when it 20 dollars, I'll consider it, but wow.

I won't knock the dribbling, thats on point.
I like the post up animation with kobe, it seemed really aggressive. No big man play at all, but no worries, 2k didn't show the post either.

One con is they still jump like flubber in the air, this was apparent cause whenever they tried to take off, they hid the jump and you saw the guy float up there.

# 130 The 504 Boy @ 10/18/13 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamoyou401
is it a bad time to ask for another nba street for next gen?
THAT....would be SICK!!!!!

# 131 grodbetatted @ 10/18/13 11:51 AM
it actually doesnt look bad to me... the beginning of the trailer not so much , but once they got in to it it was pretty damn good

# 132 jmood88 @ 10/18/13 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingballa333
I'm sure that is just because it's a trailer. They're trying to show off dunks but I will hold final judgement till I see extended game play.

So far so good for Live.
They went out of their way to label this a 5-on-5 gameplay trailer, which would lead one to expect that some defense would be present.

# 133 Supersonic_BR @ 10/18/13 11:52 AM
I understand why some people are harsh, but to quote 2k all tbe time is really annoying.

# 134 VTPack919 @ 10/18/13 11:52 AM
Looked alright to me....

Strictly 4 My Jeeps was a nice touch.

# 135 VDusen04 @ 10/18/13 11:53 AM
I liked the soundtrack though.

# 136 Mintsa @ 10/18/13 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
People have their own opinions. Respect that. If you don't agree, that's fine.

Personally, I thought the game looked a bit "jerky". The Rose dunk, reminded me of the rocket dunks from 07. He's explosive, but that whole animation looked a bit rough.

Overall, I see a lot of Live 10 here, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Isn't a good thing, but not a bad thing. Was really looking forward to seeing "where" Live was at in their next gen rebuild. I may get it on a price drop, but I doubt I'll spend the initial $60 on it. I'm sure I'll be able to find plenty of used copies in a month or two.

Glad to have another option for future iterations, but I won't be included in the "Phase 1" of the 3 Year Cycle. Not this time.

Final note. In my opinion, didn't look bad though. Just not yet ready to compete for a full price purchase.
I agree with you 100 % I'm glad Live is back, competition is good for both games but I just can't see myself buying this game for $60 and taking time away from next gen 2k14 to play it. Maybe down the road on a price drop or a future version of Live (15 ?).......Like you, I've gone thru this last gen (06, 07...yeah I bough it, 08 and then when it finally started to get decent 09 and 10 which I enjoyed as a change of pace). Just not going to throw away cash and time this go around.

# 137 exposedaking @ 10/18/13 11:54 AM
I like Dwills dribbling part. Looks very true to him.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

# 138 ANT_P1989 @ 10/18/13 11:54 AM
I respect that NBA Live is coming back to the Sports Gaming Table, but next gen games that come out at launch should try to impress you enough to sell a system with that game. I couldn't see myself buying a new system if I was gonna get Live with it.

EA had 3 years to blow us away, this game looks like a current gen title, honestly. But, welcome back Live, don't be afraid to FIGHT, take your loss and come back HARDER next time.

I've been a 2KSports fan since the SegaSports days on the Dreamcast, I've played Live since SegaGenesis, I enjoy competition, BUT I ALWAYS roll with whomever has the more REALISTIC game....Need I say more?

# 139 airjoca @ 10/18/13 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
I'm still buying the game because I support competition
EA has tons of money already, they don't really need your "help".

You're rewarding them for a lacklustre effort on their part...

# 140 Fadez8_6 @ 10/18/13 11:55 AM
Damn i gotta watch it again..i damn near laughed myself out of my chair the first time through. Smh!

Note to EA: THIS ISN'T PS3 ANYMORE!!!

Step it up fellas.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.